• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Life Skills XP broke? Or lowered?

182 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anybody tried this with the +Life Skill exp. quests as well? (Completed nearly all of mine, aside from the hopefully unlocked soon 30/34/37/40/50 "advancement" chains)

I'll just play it safe and not turn in any more until they confirm a fix.

Posted

It seems like it is only 30% of what we should be getting at base level of experience.  So it was adjusted to .30 instead of 1.30 -- it's basically 3x more fish to get 1%.

1 person likes this

Posted

Update:

Trading and Fishing EXP has been confirmed and fixed accordingly. 

We are still inquiring about Training EXP and we will be able to give you an update about this by tomorrow morning hopefully.

9 people like this

Posted

Update:

We are still inquiring about Training EXP and we will be able to give you an update about this by tomorrow morning hopefully.

Honestly I wouldn't even know if Combat EXP works properly since the exp gains are so small. Now we will never know. :*(

Posted

Update:

:( Is there any other information that you need that could be more helpful? Training IMO is one of the hardest life skills to level already, being nerfed hurts.

Posted

:( Is there any other information that you need that could be more helpful? Training IMO is one of the hardest life skills to level already, being nerfed hurts.

I believe for now we have all information we need, but it simply takes until tomorrow morning to have it confirmed I'm afraid. 

Posted

I believe for now we have all information we need, but it simply takes until tomorrow morning to have it confirmed I'm afraid. 

Is the fix ingame now for fish and trading?

Posted (edited)

Training exp is also glitched, it seems that it takes even more horses now with the event to get 1%.

Takes catching 10 horses to get 1% at Artisan 7 right now. Usually it's 7 horses for 1%.

Edited by Fudgestix

Posted

Is this just Life exp?  What about combat?

Posted

What about processing??  

hmm okay - so I burn through entire 170 points of energy "Flax/Fleece" same results  1-2% gain  

Posted

Is this just Life exp?  What about combat?

Combat is boosted just fine.

Posted

Thank you Devs!!

Looking forward to getting back to Training tomorrow >:)

Posted (edited)

Update:

Processing is still painfully slow.
I counted the numbers of Iron Ore I needed to smelt in order to get 1% XP few days ago, and it looks like it's exactly the same.

Processing XP boost not working, confirmed.

Cooking XP boost though is working like a charm.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

Update:

I think I may be in love, Kappa 

Posted

Processing is still painfully slow.I counted the numbers of Iron Ore I needed to smelt in order to get 1% XP few days ago, and it looks like it's exactly the same.

Processing XP boost not working, confirmed.

Cooking XP boost though is working like a charm.

Processing seems fine to me. :|

Posted

Processing gathering alchemy are all fine. Tested with 1k energy. All give the +30% just fine. 

Posted

What about processing??  

Theres nothing wrong wth processing... I don't believe you're master 4 either.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK I've done some quick testing.

Processing
Professional 8 it takes 22 Energy to get 1% (Smelting Iron Ore = Beginner Recipe) -----> using 200 Energy = 9%
Cooking Professional 4 it takes 6 Energy to get 1% (Making Beer = Beginner Recipe) ------> using 200 Energy = 33%
Is it supposed to work this way?
I mean cooking I can actually see the XP bar moving pretty fast with naked eye, while Processing takes ages to move.

Also as far as I can remember I could make roughly 10% XP in Processing with 200 Energy (Smelting Ore) few days ago, so It doesn't seems like it changed at all.
I read other people has issue with Processing, so I am not the only one either.
But then again other people says it is fine.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

OK I've done some quick testing.
Processing
Professional 8 it takes 22 Energy to get 1% (Smelting Iron Ore = Beginner Recipe) -----> using 200 Energy = 9%
Cooking Professional 4 it takes 6 Energy to get 1% (Making Beer = Beginner Recipe) ------> using 200 Energy = 33%
Is it supposed to work this way?
I mean cooking I can actually see the XP bar moving pretty fast with naked eye, while Processing takes ages to move.

Also as far as I can remember I could make roughly 10% XP in Processing with 200 Energy (Smelting Ore) few days ago, so It doesn't seems like it changed at all.
I read other people has issue with Processing, so I am not the only one either.
But then again other people says it is fine.

That processing XP result is very cosistent from what I was gaining when I was training through Professional. Your cooking results also seem consistent to what I gain while leveling. Seem fine to me thanks for the testing!

1 person likes this

Posted

Processing hasn't been fine.  Luckily, I was tracking my exp. gain through the previous weeks using Flax, Cotton, and Wool (taking bonuses and event-driven factors into account) against some previously published exp. tables, in order to determine projected skill-up costs in the future.  From what I can tell, rather than having a 30% cumulative bonus added, we are having a 30% cumulative reduction on processing from this event.

Just tried it out via processing flax (blew away 1000 flax to test).  Long story short, I was getting a percent per 2 to 3 (~6-7 flax threads) crafting attempts last night at Professional 5 Processing; it is now every 4 to 5 attempts (~9 to 10 flax thread) with the exact same gear/buff set.

Server: Edan, Balanos E1

Gathering XP Buffs: +26% (+5% general scroll, +10% silver embroidered gear, +8% Sute Tea, +3% from Titles)

Yep; taking a 126% baseline from last night and comparing it to 96% (a -30% exp adjustment) seems to be what I am observing overall.

I am waiting for my energy to recharge, but I will be testing this out on ruby, truffle, and everlasting herb nodes next to see if it is impacting gathering as well (since I have been tracking experience gains from those as well).

2 people like this

Posted

Can confirm: Processing is getting me much less exp than before the patch. Alustin Serendia A1

Posted

Thanks for this response, Jordine Calpheon J2 this issue is affected fishing 100%  thanks @complication_atbirth for posting this.  
I really hope the solution to this issue is not to do another event!  my personal preference would be to get xp scrolls that I can use when im ready!  Example i'm someone who has levelled my fishing very competitively, I burned out after the last XP bug and i can't sit on my computer all day every day just in case theres another random event out of nowhere.  

The communication is the main issue Bels, please stop randomly dropping events on us! give us some warning! 

Pretty please give us scrolls instead of events!

Posted

UNO  - I burnt through entire stack fleece yarn  - 170 energy I still got 2 percent without buffs - [ Master-4 ] 

Flax  0 gain

Flax Yarn - 2 percent 

Processing hasn't been fine.  Luckily, I was tracking my exp. gain through the previous weeks using Flax, Cotton, and Wool (taking bonuses and event-driven factors into account) against some previously published exp. tables, in order to determine projected skill-up costs in the future.  From what I can tell, rather than having a 30% cumulative bonus added, we are having a 30% cumulative reduction on processing from this event.

I am waiting for my energy to recharge, but I will be testing this out on ruby, truffle, and everlasting herb nodes next to see if it is impacting gathering as well (since I have been tracking experience gains from those as well).

Posted (edited)

Update:

Thanks. Glad I wasn't insane lol. 

Edited by Lexicon

Posted (edited)

Orwen Mediah 02 Training is broken for sure. I'm Professional 8 with training pet, both training outfits and 8% life XP food seeing minimal results. Please fix as training 4 horses on Merchant with next to 0 benefit is /wrist material :( 53% training

Two horses leveled with 0 exp gain just now that I could screen shot. That's just 2 the others had leveled in the last few hours with next to 0 just had not taken a screen shot of it as proof.  :(

Edit went to sleep and woke up to disconnected screen so took a bit longer to get two more horses to level for proof. From 3rd snipped you can see the the 2 t4's have now gone up a level, the 3rd I stayed at 53% when the 4th horse went up a level I went to 54%. I used to get 1% per horse level so this is not only not an xp boost it is severely downgraded :(

Training bugged.JPG

Bugged.JPG

Bug.JPG

Edited by Poison.Ivy
updated