• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A thread for Fond Farewells

1,425 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

This thread has been created to serve as a consolidated place for those who are leaving to say good bye, and those who are not to wish them a fond farewell.  As we all know every game is not for every gamer, but that does not mean those who leave cannot offer valuable feedback and insight based on their experiences, as such this thread will serve as a platform to collect such information.

Please keep your posts constructive and avoid flaming/insulting each other or your comments will be removed.

Edited by CM_Jouska
32 people like this

Posted

Cool story bro. Moving on.

19 people like this

Posted

I'm honestly not really shocked, a bit surprised he made it so long.

I'll give the video a spin when I get home.

Posted

Who is this and why should I care?

33 people like this

Posted

He burned out grinding so much, its too bad. I'm just here fishing and entire all the life skills.

6 people like this

Posted

Who is this and why should I care?

He's a youtuber that has a fairly decent following. Him and PVT Wiggles are friends and have done shared content.

Posted

I somewhat agree with him as well (overwatch being more entertaining)

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok I just watched his video since I noticed it was pretty short...

TLDR he doesn't like the endless grind in an endless grind game. Pretty much exactly what I figured he'd do in the first place when he first started to cover BDO.

6 people like this

Posted

shrug

he rushed content and dealt with common consequences of doing so.  Not really all that insightful or interesting..

22 people like this

Posted

He's a youtuber that has a fairly decent following. Him and PVT Wiggles are friends and have done shared content.

I don't know who PVT Wiggles is either, lol.

Aaa internet famous.... We didn't have such things back in my hayday. I would have no issue being loud and obnoxious to earn milions strraming games.

3 people like this

Posted

shrug

he rushed content and dealt with common consequences of doing so.  Not really all that insightful or interesting..

What makes me really go "Huh?" is how he supposedly went to the other servers to take a crash course and start making videos early and get a headstart on getting guides out but he didn't know about Grunil armor... I was like... then why did you even start playing on another server if you didn't intend to pay attention?

2 people like this

Posted

Ok I just watched his video since I noticed it was pretty short...

TLDR he doesn't like the endless grind in an endless grind game. Pretty much exactly what I figured he'd do in the first place when he first started to cover BDO.

Cool, thanks for the sumary. +like to you when I get them back in stock.

Posted

What makes me really go "Huh?" is how he supposedly went to the other servers to take a crash course and start making videos early and get a headstart on getting guides out but he didn't know about Grunil armor... I was like... then why did you even start playing on another server if you didn't intend to pay attention?

Yeah I thought that part was pretty ridiculous.  I mean, maybe he knew Grunil was coming but thought it would take longer to be released?  Either way kind of silly to bash the game when you rush to the end without being fully informed..

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with most of his complaints.  I hear these same complaints from a lot of people in my guild that are currently slogging through "end game" BDO. 

4 people like this

Posted

Yeah I thought that part was pretty ridiculous.  I mean, maybe he knew Grunil was coming but thought it would take longer to be released?  Either way kind of silly to bash the game when you rush to the end without being fully informed..

I knew grunil was coming so I didn't bother getting my armor past +6 knowing I could just suck the stones out later.

Posted (edited)

I've quittes this game long time ago due to these reasona:

1. Field bosses

2. No diminishing returns on enchants

3. Not enough pvp content/gear rewards. 99% time you do pve.

I will watch this video and comment later if we hit same points

Edit:

1. He complains that bdo feels like job. Which is exactly my #2 point. Gear cap is too huge and it matter more than skill. If enchants had less value skill would matter more and people who have job can be competive too. In any other games there are no advantages so why the ----- can you get +80 ap advantage over someone in here with III and +20 enchants?

2. He tells about lack of gvg but gvg alone doesn't save this game. There is no reason to do gvg in first place with no proper gear/stone rewards. Majority of time you do pve.

3. Ok now he mentioned field bosses. Not suprise here. Biggest -----ing cancer in this game especially when top dps gets loot while rest get nothing to incrase further cap.

Yeah it's shit dead game.

Edited by Bloodex
15 people like this

Posted (edited)

how are korean games NOT pay2win man, every one of them is p2w

Edited by guhugh

Posted (edited)

Ok, i like the LazyPeon but i had to stop watching the video when he said " Why grind when i can play overwatch or darksoul instantly" 

So how can i take this seriously? hes clearly burn out with mmos formulas in general 

This video feels more like a general rant than anything constructive to be honest

as i said, i respect his opinion but this is just that, an opinion of someone whos bored of mmos in general

Edited by Hada
26 people like this

Posted

I knew grunil was coming so I didn't bother getting my armor past +6 knowing I could just suck the stones out later.

While that may have been wise for you at the time, you would have been removed from any hardcore guild for having crappy gear.  The majority of people in my guild were full +15 gear far before mediah dropped. 

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I guess he wanted to be maxed out ASAP, but it's still just bad planning and use of time/resources.

Posted

Well just to clarify to be fair I think he says his grievance with it is finding out mediah was being released a day before and so he wasted time and money upgrading agerian shortly before that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like his first-look videos, but this video only reinforces why I take all reviews (movies, games, food, etc.) with a grain of salt. He really shouldn't play MMO's as they clearly are not the type of game he finds the most enjoyable overall.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

While that may have been wise for you at the time, you would have been removed from any hardcore guild for having crappy gear.  The majority of people in my guild were full +15 gear far before mediah dropped. 

I'm well past the point in my life where I bother concerning myself with people who would choose to kick out players for understanding upcoming content and planning for it. A guild that would kick me out because I knew the better armor set was coming within a month doesn't interest me.

Well just to clarify to be fair I think he says his grievance with it is finding out mediah was being released a day before and so he wasted time and money upgrading agerian shortly before that.

I *do* agree it's fair to be pissed to find out mediah was coming out with a one day notice.

I also think it's silly to go on the record to say you're going to go out of your way to be super informed ahead of time and then make such a massive oversight.

It took me like 30 min of research to find out mediah came out about a month after launch in RU and grunil was a better armor choice that would come with it.

I'm not hating on the guy exactly, but from his content and his personality I didn't think he would make it two months in BDO. He loves themepark MMO's and he's running a multi-game youtube channel.

BDO is a korean grinder that is the kind of game that demands all your free time if you want to be at the front of the pack and he's the kinda guy who wants to be at the front of the pack. Not going to do that dividing up your focus.

Edited by bakimono
4 people like this

Posted

Everybody hates RNG, still devs think it's the next best thing after peanut butter and French fries. They all build whole games around it.

8 people like this