• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A thread for Fond Farewells

1,425 posts in this topic

Posted

or wise up and keep playing the best game of 2016

Hahaha.

Posted

exactly my thought

*bugs

*instability of servers

*lack of contents

*games becoming p2w due to lack of contents and cash luring.

*regret having hope it would be different from kr servers and amount of support and money wasted.

Never will I support Daum or any games come out in the future. Just like all Korean people are saying about the company.

Capture.PNG

1 person likes this

Posted

didn't read lol

1 person likes this

Posted

lol byeeee 

Posted

i totally agree with the review

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol

Posted

Never will I support Daum or any games come out in the future. Just like all Korean people are saying about the company.

Ahahaha.

Ahahahahaha.

Posted

it's only cash luring when you want it to be.

i only spend 20€ on the game atm. simply because i don't need anything special. 

once ninja releases i'll spend a bit more.

Posted

* Bugs?

Name an MMO without any bugs?

* Instability of servers?

Did you not read the announcement that they are fixing and getting new servers. They are working on it this very moment.

* Lack of contents?

The KR version has a ton of content and we are trying to catch up to them. I guess it wasn't fast enough for you. We are getting huge content updates almost every 2 weeks/month. We are getting content like no other MMO out there.

* Games becoming p2w due to lack of contents and cash luring.

This one didn't even make sense. P2w because of lack of contents?

* Regret having hope it would be different from kr servers and amount of support and money wasted.

It is some what different from KR. I guess you had expected it to be a totally different game all together which I don't see how you managed to think that.

4 people like this

Posted

1) Field bosses: the design is terrible. The fact that people are making ranged classes to farm them is a clear sign that you should push a patch as soon as possible. I believe the damage is already done anyway, and it will be hard for the game to recover. 

Animations and the desync, this combination makes the fights even more pathetic, since some animations get canceled by the bosses, or are skipped entirely - that is especially bad considering that many attacks oneshot. I manage to not die as a warrior; do you want to make these fights "hardcore"? Punish deaths, its hilarious to see rangers that die 3,4,5 times still get top loots.

Redesign them, especially their abilites; make them interesting, and add risk for ranged classes. Remove the chance to destroy crystals on death, people are just removing their endgame armor to farm bosses, that makes no sense.

2) RNG progression: the most precious resource for any person with self-respect is their time. Putting time and effort into progression should never yeld 0 results just because you are unlucky. A moderate amount of RNG is essential in MMOs, but this game goes completely overboard to the point of putting off anyone that considers their time valuable.

A game should have safety nets that will give players a slower but sure way to progress, tokens, points, whatever.

3) Dont delay the node wars and sieges anymore, it will and it is killing the game. Without that, the player's mind is always on grinding dull mobs (that's not "hardcore", that's boring, even if necessary) or camping the world and field bosses. There are better games if you want to farm bosses.

4) Add a way to gain exp with PvP past level 52-53. Quests, guild quests, bounties, hunting PKs, etc. If grinding dull mobs will always be the only way to gain exp, the vast majority of the players will get bored.

5) Let people that want to enjoy the life skills and make a career out of them play in peace, by moving the PvP quest back to 49.

6) Rebalance the classes, if there is no trinity there is no need to punish some classes because you consider them "tank", when they cant really tank anyway.

I like what you have to say - keep going....

Posted

'LOL' at all the short sighted people glad to see people leave. 

Posted

What game doesn't have bugs?

Server instability is a perfectly legitimate complaint, but most games go through server problems at some point. It is an issue they are working on right at this moment.

Lack of content? So you've done everything in about 3 months? Either you're playing way too much or you're being disingenuous, especially since we JUST got more content. Lack of content you're interested in is fair though.

The game hasn't changed and it's less p2w than other versions. It's odd to me that we're like a year behind of the other servers and we're literally just getting that content translated but people assert the game has "changed".

So you expected BDO to not be BDO...

And finally we get to the real issue... You don't like Korean grinders.

I'm not trying to tell you that your opinion is invalid or anything, just saying it sounds like the real problem is this isn't your style of game to begin with and that's ok.

Hopefully the next game you play is more suited to your tastes.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

inb4 merge

But yeah there's problems, only time will tell if they are fixed.  With some luck it will be before most people leave but I'm happy in game for now so not going anywhere yet..

Edited by Wolfhammer

Posted

9. Again. a personal opinion. Marketplace is good in my opinion. you can study it and profit from it if you know what you're doing. the advantage of not having the market crashed by some idiot is good enough for the sacrifices i had to give.

This marketplace cannot be studied since prices are kind of pre-fixed and prices are not volatile, the only way I came up to have fun on this marketplace was to expect the average commodity prices which didn't really bring much benefits due to the 35% tax on the marketplace.. It was fun studying it but putting it into practice didn't bring good results, at least in short-mid term.

Im calm, but getting feed up with this kinds of posts, clearely he is a newb , seeing that he wants pay2win system in BDO 

Please keep posting everytime I see anything you write and how you write it makes me laugh. You should try and swap to decaffeinated.

Why are people seeing drama and getting offended over something that was actually made to help?

A thread merging all the "quitting bdo threads" to make it easier to moderate and get feedback is getting people offended now?

It should be quite the opposite this was made to better track the feedback as for why the people leaving are indeed leaving, instead of the constant bickering happening on the forums that makes feedback very difficult to read.

Sometimes people just want easy likes to make their likes count on the forum grow, like the sir you have above... Sad, but true. (Still don't get why...)

Posted

Pop in, most poorly balanced mmo iv played, bad enhancement system, poor communication from publisher, missing classes to try and get better population figures later on and partly to gain extra money off cosmetics later on, worst world boss mechanics iv seen, way to much rng (it's everywhere in this game). Combat not that good, seriously no cc break at all?.

For constructive feedback, all the reasons I quit.

Posted

Another video from someone we have never heard of. That'll sure show them...
Also, is that all you've spent?

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyhow, one less QQ'er in the game, the better.

Indeed.

I have my issues with the game, but p2w isn't one of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Awww, when I saw this thread title pop up I thought that Daum had actually made a 'Wall of Shame' for permabans.

never lucky

Posted

Yeah, this might have hurt Daum a bit more had you not already dumped $400 on them.

1 person likes this

Posted

How many times someone will link this video? 

tumblr_ls7g66bJxv1qabn2bo1_500.gif

...you leave game and how much $$ you spend on Daum Cash. Bay bay 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Deska If you wouldn't care, you wouldn't post.

Edited by Novre

Posted

And finally we get to the real issue... You don't like Korean grinders.

I'm not trying to tell you that your opinion is invalid or anything, just saying it sounds like the real problem is this isn't your style of game to begin with and that's ok.

Hopefully the next game you play is more suited to your tastes.

I like you. Of all the active, 1k+ posters on this board you seem to be one of the few that presents his arguments with tact and reason.  However, I think you need to realize that while it's known that most NA/EU players don't enjoy perpetual Korean grinders, neither do the Koreans.  At least this one in particular as all the Korean servers have merged into 1 mega server (a little less than 2 years after launch) and many players and sources have stated that the game has not been doing well.

Which lends me to the next point.  When a game goes wrong in the country of its origin, what leads them to believe that a similar fate won't reoccur in a region with different interests, playstyles and time restrictions?  Not even taking into account the inferior infrastructure, smaller staff, long distance communication/time zone differences, etc.  The term westernization is something that I feel is a lost practice.  What about NA MMO gaming communities would lend itself to the developers thinking we'd want a PvE mob grindfest with no level cap?  Same can be said about demanding countless hours and money to compete in a PvP setting?  

It all shows me that either: 

A) They did a really, really poor job studying the demographic of players that could/would potentially play their game.

B) They didn't have the money to make the proper adjustments to the game client to cater to the regions they were releasing them in.

C) They simply don't give a f***.

I understand that games like BDO, and Korean developed games in general appease to a smaller market or a niche market.  But with some small changes and some proper listening/caring skills, this game could have been so much more while scaring off far fewer players over a longer course of time.

Posted

This generation.. sigh. You make me feel old.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like you. Of all the active, 1k+ posters on this board you seem to be one of the few that presents his arguments with tact and reason.  However, I think you need to realize that while it's known that most NA/EU players don't enjoy perpetual Korean grinders, neither do the Koreans.  At least this one in particular as all the Korean servers have merged into 1 mega server (a little less than 2 years after launch) and many players and sources have stated that the game has not been doing well.

Which lends me to the next point.  When a game goes wrong in the country of its origin, what leads them to believe that a similar fate won't reoccur in a region with different interests, playstyles and time restrictions?  Not even taking into account the inferior infrastructure, smaller staff, long distance communication/time zone differences, etc.  The term westernization is something that I feel is a lost practice.  What about NA MMO gaming communities would lend itself to the developers thinking we'd want a PvE mob grindfest with no level cap?  Same can be said about demanding countless hours and money to compete in a PvP setting?  

It all shows me that either: 

A) They did a really, really poor job studying the demographic of players that could/would potentially play their game.

B) They didn't have the money to make the proper adjustments to the game client to cater to the regions they were releasing them in.

C) They simply don't give a f***.

I understand that games like BDO, and Korean developed games in general appease to a smaller market or a niche market.  But with some small changes and some proper listening/caring skills, this game could have been so much more while scaring off far fewer players over a longer course of time.

Being 100% honest with you the reason BDO failed in Korea has a lot to do with them scaling up the p2w (several layers of which we don't have here) and them totally screwing up balance with enchantment scaling.

When they introduced +16+ in the other versions of the game they saw a massive loss in membership.

I do agree there are a lot of design choices in the game that push it outside of what the current market, especially in the west, tends to prefer but I'm not sure Koreans are as adverse to grinding as you might think... Afterall Linage 2 is still the most popular game in Korea and it laughs at BDO's grind.

I think the bigger problem with BDO is they are trying to please too many people and neglecting the core problems with their game, creating massive balance swings that makes maining most classes a bit of a roller coaster... Uber powerful one patch, nerfed to the ground the next.

This game really was not changed a whole lot and at it's core isn't the kind of game most westerners would enjoy long term, especially the PvP crowd is kinda tries to appease without really understanding what makes a PvP game appeal to them.

I do agree there are a number of tweaks the game could make to improve, just I doubt PA has real interest in doing that because the biggest ways to change it would either be in direct conflict with the design choices or it would damage the experience of a particular kind of player since it did try to be the korean grinder version of all things to all comers and ended up largely missing the mark for any particular group.

It's got a great combat but dull PvE and poorly balanced small scale PvP with giant gear gaps.

It's got a deep crafting and life system the bulk of which is overshadowed by mindless grinding.

It's got the foundation for a neat political system with sieges but doesn't have the infrastructure to support it.

And so on.

I do love the game but it does have a fair amount of faults. Still not seeing any better alternatives.

4 people like this

Posted

How many times someone will link this video? 

tumblr_ls7g66bJxv1qabn2bo1_500.gif

...you leave game and how much $$ you spend on Daum Cash. Bay bay 

for someone, who has helped daum on the forums, this is so immature. Somehow not 100% up there.