• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A thread for Fond Farewells

1,425 posts in this topic

Posted

pretty sad that this is one of the most popular topics :| 

Posted

I wish we could consolidate all the I quit threads and place them in here.

Posted (edited)

What is f***ing sad is that legit feedback threads got merged onto this one. Since when giving feedback is the same as saying goodbye or leaving the game? Are you that clueless as to not seeing that a customer that gives you feedback, even (and especially) negative one, is because he cares about your product? Why not consolidate them on a FEEDBACK thread instead?

This is getting really ridiculous. I get it, you're tired, but this is not professional at all (and it's not the first hint of it that I see).

Edited by RoboPenguin
Typo
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

so many people whining about gear this isn't a moba you have to earn gear. you guys want this game to be like gw2 where everyone has exact same gear and then large battles are all about numbers and who can form the largest zerg.

I think people just want all the best gear within a month so they can quit for the next mmo because there is nothing to earn or work towards. 

This is what happens in every other mmo.

everyone just wants to get the participation award this generation is so -----ed

i earn my stuff and everyone wants an instant catch up mechanic not even 3 months in to get what i have for free with lil to no playtime.

why should you have what i ahve if you havent earned it entitlement much and the say pvp is not skill based? why cuz you want free maxed out gear.

or put caps so people who play 14 different games at the same time and barley even play bdo can be on my level why?

ppl blame gear they need to blame themselves without gear mattering its all about numbers everyone will be the same theres nothing competitive about zergs like in ESO or GW2 i dont think the devs have that in mind.

If they give into the casuals everyone is gonna just leave the game cuz the hardcores will be gone and well the casuals are causals they dont care about any game they will move on cuz they have so little  invested.

when mmo's casualize they fail that's what happens people move on it happens time and time again look at WOW.

Edited by DarkHoliday

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

This thread has been created to serve as a consolidated place for those who are leaving to say good bye, and those who are not to wish them a fond farewell.  As we all know every game is not for every gamer, but that does not mean those who leave cannot offer valuable feedback and insight based on their experiences, as such this thread will serve as a platform to collect such information.

Please keep your posts constructive and avoid flaming/insulting each other or your comments will be removed.

LOL, burying it all in the same thread.  Good one.  ;)

The people who quit the game are the same type of people who would not feed money into the game by buying tears and such.  I doubt you are that upset by losing them.  You already got their money from buying the base game and all they do now is add stress to the underperforming servers.  :)

A cynical person might begin to think that many of the MMOs released these days have no real plans for longevity but instead operate as a cash grab.

Edited by Oozo

Posted

Before more people quit the game the contribution point soft and hard cap need to be raised/balanced out  to 100 cp per territory in game meaning we should have a 400 hard cap at this moment and 500  hard cap when Valencia hits.

Fix the guild history tab as well.

Fix the Pvp Lock quest to 44.99 or move the ability to pvp back to 50 since the 49.99 quest is still in game.

Posted (edited)

I really like this video because its clearly done by someone that has played the game an extensive amount.  He knows what he's talking about and the points he makes are why myself (and I'm sure others) are starting to wonder if there's really any point in continuing.  Mainly, the issues being brought up aren't being addressed directly with any Q/A or AMA's by Daum on a regular basis.  Lack of communication is probably the biggest demoralizer at the moment.

The Lazy Peon - "Why I Quit Black Desert Online"

Source: TLP YouTube

Edited by Symbiotic
6 people like this

Posted

Inb4 this 747264784 thread topic gets closed for sheer and utter stupidity

2 people like this

Posted

Inb4 this 747264784 thread topic gets closed for sheer and utter stupidity

did you have to reply? I was kinda hoping nobody would.

Posted

Again.. Why? The whole world has seen this video. It already got posted in at least 5 different threads.. 

Those fanbois man...

Posted

did you have to reply? I was kinda hoping nobody would.

i had to bite. Shame on me. Id negative vote myself for doing it, but our trusting followers of this forum need to understand that utube sensations are in it for the views and play until their eyes bleed because thats their life than they shit on the game even though they are not an average player. Sure the extreme gamers going to find fault in any new title. Those plague of locus leave and the real community stays

Posted

when will people stop posting this video 

2 people like this

Posted

Who gives a shit what other people think? The Lazy Peon not liking the game any more has no effect whatsoever on my enjoyment of the game. 

Just because some "random bloke" said I don't like this steak doesn't make the steak you are eating any different. If you like it you enjoy it.

when will people stop posting this video 

never because there are too many fanbois of these streamers, and take their word as gospel. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just because you have seen it, it doesn't make it any less relevant. I may not agree with everything he says, but I do agree with most and nothing is being done to address any of it.

2 people like this

Posted

This one video... Why do people keep creating accounts to post a quitters account. He burned himself out, thinking this was WoW. When he saw that his audience was not interested in watching him play an mmo, he turned on it. End of story. He is an attention seeker, trying to get subs. I will dislike it again, however.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I hope people keep posting it. Fanbois are getting upset about it.

Edited by Fjokki

Posted

Man...another one of these...what, only The Lazy Peon and PvTWiggles played this game and have the end all be all commentary on it or what?

I used to follow those 2 but honestly, they're just the typical streamer jocks that happen to play the game for free until the publishers get tired of them. 

Posted (edited)

Gonna finally put my two cents in since apparently it seems like some people might use it as a "Well this Youtuber" excuse...

• At the start of the video he just sounds burnt out, which is understandable, but also at the same time like he isn't understanding that this is an MMORPG where you need to rather consistently work to keep up. That isn't bad, but it is different than a LOT of the more recent MMORPGs. We've had roughly 10 years of, in my opinion, severe handholding in MMORPGs. Not a problem with the game, just his own personal opinion.
  • He also mentioned that he was waiting for sieges/node wars as well yet I saw that he was not even in a guild (CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG HERE AT ANY TIME) yet he mentioned he was waiting for these things to release. Being a part of a guild, especially prior to sieges/node wars, is a rather crucial part of this game. It means socialization, making friends, making allies, getting a lot of PvP, not suffering from the negative karma issues so many people complain about since you won't be flagging on people you are war dec'd with.This is something he seemingly chose to do, which that subsequently meant he was only hurting himself here. Hakurai is a Youtuber, is in a guild, is going to be participating heavily in sieges/node wars I imagine considering the guild he is in. Not a problem with the game, did it to himself. He also needs to understand that as a variety Youtube channel...you're 100% not going to EVER be able to invest a lot of time into a singular game, especially MMORPGs since they are such a time investment in general.
  • He made mention of how he got bored with leveling, bored with the gear grind, and was complaining about quests being mundane and that is fair...from his perspective. The people using this video as a "go to" for an argument against the game have to realize that this is one Youtuber, one player, with an opinion and he voiced it. He doesn't speak for the majority, he's just apparently become the spokesperson for the people who constantly whine on these forums about -everything-.
  • As for his views on the cash shop...yes a lot of the cash shop items are -convenient- but they don't make you -win-. Yes you can carry more pots with more weight limit but that doesn't make you -win-. Yes the costumes have stats on them but are completely negligible in a fight considering it is only Stamina and 10% reduction in durability loss for your weapon skins. And Elion's Tears P2W? Yes, because that is going to make you instantly win loot, or a fight, or anything. What? There is a reason most bosses sit right next to a node. I honestly think he, and many other people, confuse Pay To Win with Pay for Convenience. None of these things in the cash shop make you win, especially since they don't make you money directly. Yes, more carry weight can mean more money (bring a freakin wagon with you to Sausans that is what I do and I have never once bought weight or inventory space off the cash shop). Also yes the weight increase can mean you can carry more pots but unless a 1v1 fight goes on for 20-30 -----ing minutes you're not going to blow through all 100+ of your health potions. The ghillie does not make people win, because if someone is going to initiate a gank on you even without a ghillie...they are going to get the first hit off on you anyway. Stop using the unshaven bush costume as an excuse, it got tedious already. 
  • He also takes issue with the RNG in the game and yes that can be a point of discomfort for many people especially those who are unlucky. I've personally spent hours grinding ogres to not get an ogre ring, I've spent a shit ton of silver on grade 3 armor stones to only fail at upgrading my armor, I've failed to DUO or even PRI accessories (still don't have PRI marks or witch). Do I come to these forums to complain about it? To claim the game is terrible or bad because of it? No. I accept it and just try again. Does it suck? Sure, of course it does, but I'm not so weak willed that a little failed dice roll -----ing defeats me even if it happens a thousand times. Not to mention when upgrading armor has workarounds to the RNG, you can also just buy your PRI/DUO accessories if you're spending a ton of time already grinding certain areas to get extra ones to attempt it you can spend that same amount of time getting tons of silver from Sausan turn-ins.
  • He mentions issues with the world bosses and yeah they can be annoying with the one shots, sure, but other than Red Nose I haven't had that huge of an issue with surviving during them and Red Nose is just cancer for melee in general anyway especially now since we apparently can't stun him, but oh well. I'll admit I do die occasionally but I also don't go to world bosses if I am trying to level, also it is smart to have a separate armor set (don't even need it upgraded) for bosses since if you're gonna get one shot anyway why bother with your best gear that is all full of breakable crystals? There are ways around these "issues", people just choose to ignore them or just don't bother to see a way around them. And as for his issues with the lag and such at world bosses...turn your settings down if that is happening, doesn't matter with the "Well I shouldn't have to" You're -going- to with sieges/Node wars. Many, many bodies are gonna be there...I suspect only the new 1080 card coming out for Nvidia is gonna be able to actually handle that on high settings and that thing isn't even out yet.
  • His problems with the horse breeding I've seen brought up multiple times and while I can say that yeah I agree that maybe some of that stuff should likely be on the loyalties shop, I also think that if you're spending that much time horse breeding you can also spend that time actually doing something and making money which then, bam, you can buy a better horse. Refer to the above on that point as well.

Now I just rambled these off just off the top of my head after having watched the video -again-. If I missed anything please feel free to add it, or correct me on anywhere I was wrong with what he was saying.

Wow wall of text. That hurts my brain.

TLDR he got burnt out and got frustrated because he was burnt out. Did it to himself as a variety Youtuber.

Edited by Jefferson

Posted

I finally watched it, with adblock on so he gets no ad revenue from me.

What I got from it is he makes videos for a living. BDO doesn't have enough footage that is usable to make videos that are worth posting for him to make any money off of.

He needs to concentrate on games that he can actually record stuff that is worthwhile for viewers to actually watch. Very few people want to sit there and watch someone grind mobs for hours on end.

All of which is completely understandable. MMO's aren't exactly the most exciting videos to watch without High Quality commentary to go along with it.

No big deal. His chosen income path is making videos that people want to watch. He should concentrate on games or other stupidity that people will actually flock to and earn him some money.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just because you have seen it, it doesn't make it any less relevant. I may not agree with everything he says, but I do agree with most and nothing is being done to address any of it.

That's the issue...inaction.

Posted (edited)

Peon jumps from game to game. He doesn't know what it takes to play an MMO. 

There is a lot of things to do in those game he simply chose to ignore it and grind, he got burnt out and now he bags the game. 

There are far more knowledgeable and entertaining people on YouTube who cover BDO.

Edited by SinisterWraith
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I finally watched it, with adblock on so he gets no ad revenue from me.

What I got from it is he makes videos for a living. BDO doesn't have enough footage that is usable to make videos that are worth posting for him to make any money off of.

He needs to concentrate on games that he can actually record stuff that is worthwhile for viewers to actually watch. Very few people want to sit there and watch someone grind mobs for hours on end.

All of which is completely understandable. MMO's aren't exactly the most exciting videos to watch without High Quality commentary to go along with it.

No big deal. His chosen income path is making videos that people want to watch. He should concentrate on games or other stupidity that people will actually flock to and earn him some money.

this.

Edited by clangpicky

Posted

Peon jumps from game to game. He doesn't know what it takes to play an MMO. 

There is a lot of things to do in those game he simply chose to ignore it and grind git burnt out no he bags the game. 

There are far more knowledgeable and entertaining people on YouTube who cover BDO.

agreed. This guy is worthless as a trustworthy mmo reviewer. The fact that 'people' keep posting it, just makes me dislike him more. I have already shared with my friends to avoid his videos, as they are trash. There was one youtuber who did a great review however, on the changes that need to be made. It is in the farewell thread. Makes this guy look like an idiot.

Posted

Fixed.

lol, i agree with his post, for the most part, but liking for the fantastic comedy of it. 

Posted

Again.. Why? The whole world has seen this video. It already got posted in at least 5 different threads.. 

Those fanbois man...

A not-so-successful YouTuber hating on a successful YouTuber, never seen that before.

2 people like this