• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

maehwa Maehwa after patch + tested

Poll   130 votes

1. 1. Are you happy with the changes of Musa/Maehwa

• Yes, I am happy :)
    • No, i don't like it :(

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm a lvl 55 Maehwa and have been focusing on PVP ever since i hit 55.
After doing some tests with a Musa I found in arena I came to a couple of conclusions for both Maehwa and Musa.

Maehwa patch notes:                                                                                                

1. 1. The amount of HP and WP gained via leveling has been increased.

2. 2. The pre-action speed of Blooming has been increased.

3. 3. Fixed the attack range of Blooming:Phantom skill, so that both Musa & Maewha will have same attack range.

4. 4. Animation speed of other skills has been increased after using Retaliation.

5. 5. The pre-action animation for Dragon Bite has been removed.

6. 6. While Dragon Bite is on cool down Maehwa will take less damage and the cool down time to re-use Dragon Bite has been reduced.

7. 7. Backstep Slash can no longer be used while on cool down.

8. 8. The attack range and damage for Backstep Slash has been increased.

9. 9. The effect of using Chase has been changed.

1. If used when not on cool down the player is invincible.

2. If used when  on cool down the player gains Super Armor.

10. 10. WP for Chase 2 has been reduced from 17 to 15.

11. 11. WP and endurance has been decreased when using Chase.

12. 12. Chance to inflict Lift from Red Moon has been increased.

13. 13. The pre-action speed for Decapitation has been increased.

My results:                                                                                                                  

1. Confirmed (My Maehwa received +40HP and +30WP)
  2. Confirmed (The wind up speed is increase before you hit your target)
  3. Confirmed (Never noticed any difference before patch but okay) :)
  4. Confirmed (Not much but it's there)                       
  5. Confirmed (You will not backstep anymore while using 'Dragon Bite')
  6. I did not notice any damage reduction during cooldown.
  7. Confirmed.
  8. Confirmed .
  9. Confirmed (Iframe every 4 seconds + superarmor give immume to CC but not grab) Some Chase combos seem broken now (?)
  10. Confirmed.
  11. Confirmed.
  12. Did not notice a difference because it knocked up 99% of the time.
  13. Confirmed.

More testing results:                                                                                                    

• Chase kick animation cancel now DRAINS your stamina (W+RMB+F, requires 'Roundhouse Kick I or II' and 'Chase I')
    before the patch you were able to spam this combo almost endless when chugging WP potions, now your stamina will hit 0 in 3-4 seconds.
  • Chase Devider combo does not work anymore, before this patch you were able to Chase combo using W+RMB+E, this is now broken (?)
  • Musa 100% skill seems to pop on combos where it did not before the patch.
  • It seems that 'Chase II' distance has been increased and imo it is now a usefull skill to get because the Chase combos don't seem to work anymore (?)

Conclusion:                                                                                                                     

Maehwa Seems alot stronger in overall 1v1 and group PVP in terms of survivability but has lost alot of mobilty.

Another Chase combo can be used that i was unaware of, thanks for the tip! :) 

Bind something to WW in the keybinds (I use one of my mouse side buttons) then hold W + left click + whatever you bound WW too.  Just FYI you need chase 2 for this to work, and yes, it's better than kick cancel.

In keybinding set WW (its way at the bottom) to a key. then hold that + tap LMB. (requires at least Chase II I believe)

EDIT:

If you are unhappy about the class changes please also share with us why you are unhappy.

Edited by Lynk
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey! Look up the Chase II cancel with LMB melee attack. (It requires some keybinding changes, but is much better then roundhouse kick period.) And appears you are unaware of its existence if you've been using the kick.

Posted

WTH, I cant dash (chase) to the sides. I powerleveled my maehwa this weekend so im not 100% sure, but I could swear I could RMB+A or D and I would dash to the sides...

Posted

WTH, I cant dash (chase) to the sides. I powerleveled my maehwa this weekend so im not 100% sure, but I could swear I could RMB+A or D and I would dash to the sides...

Nope, never could. You can combine W with it to do angles. OR just get good at moving your camera, a side dash can be done straight if you move your camera 90degrees.

Posted

W+A, RMB will send you forward at an angle, but iirc you could never just dash left or right.

Posted

ok, I must be crazy :P

Posted

More testing results:                                                                                                   

You can probably guess who voted on "no" :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey! Look up the Chase II cancel with LMB melee attack. (It requires some keybinding changes, but is much better then roundhouse kick period.) And appears you are unaware of its existence if you've been using the kick.

It consumes stamina now D:

edit: ignore what i just said.

Edited by nueh

Posted (edited)

I am indeed unaware of this cancel and can't seem to find anything on it, with this Chase cancel do you mean Chase+Slice (RMB>LMB) or are you talking about Chase+Dragonbite (RMB>S+LMB) ?

Nope, never could. You can combine W with it to do angles. OR just get good at moving your camera, a side dash can be done straight if you move your camera 90degrees.

You can do a sideway "chase" but it requires a skill called 'Stub Arrow: Evasive Shot', and has 8 seconds hard cooldown.

Edited by Lynk

Posted

Combos now seam to work as intended :).

Pre patch: S+LMB allways used the effect of Dragon Bit (dash back+forward).

Post patch: if you use SHIFT+LMB then instantly S+LMB you just get Lunar Slash (aka Dragon Bit ulti) WITHOUT the dash back+for.

That's an decent burst damage boost (the hole combo-now-work stuff).

PS: yes I nearly died as the dash was missing suddenly *g*.

Posted

I am indeed unaware of this cancel and can't seem to find anything on it, with this Chase cancel do you mean Chase+Slice (RMB>LMB) or are you talking about Chase+Dragonbite (RMB>S+LMB) ?

You can do a sideway "chase" but it requires a skill called 'Stub Arrow: Evasive Shot', and has 8 seconds hard cooldown.

Bind something to WW in the keybinds (I use one of my mouse side buttons) then hold W + left click + whatever you bound WW too.  Just FYI you need chase 2 for this to work, and yes, it's better than kick cancel.

1 person likes this

Posted

In keybinding set WW (its way at the bottom) to a key. then hold that + tap LMB. (requires at least Chase II I believe)

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow I was completely unaware of this cancel, before the patch i always used Roundhouse+Chase. Seems like I'm still learning!

Thanks!  :)

Conclusion:                                                                                                                     

Maehwa Seems alot stronger in overall 1v1 and group PVP in terms of survivability but has lost alot of mobilty.

Posted

Incredibly pleased with the changes. Dragon bite makes combat really fast, relentless stream of attacks that never has you move backwards. I'm definetely seeing some increase to damage while using the attacks since I'm face tanking helms hammerbros and all the trash while doing the full DB-LS combo without taking as much damage as before. Sometimes I'll get hit really hard but I can tell its multiple hits and usually its because I let myself be completely surrounded. Ive used less than half the pots I used to use in a helms session and had to back because of weight way faster than I used to. Usually I ran out of pots before I hit weight caps

I need to get ASPD on dragon bite pronto, its now my go to thing to weave into every attack between RMs, beheads and blooms.

Posted

Can I come hangout over here with you guys? Maehwa section always has constructive threads for the betterment of your class.

Good write-up. +1

3 people like this

Posted

Well for the kick ani cancel for chase and now requiring stamina is working as intended. Before (if it really didn't drain any Stamina at all doing this cancel) then it was bugged.

I never tested it since i just reached lvl 50 and such.

However, if you look at  the skill description of all the kicks you see that everyone of them requires a certain amount of stamina. And now they seem to drain this stamina as it is intended. As one post said, before patch you could literaly spam this combo if you have enough WP potions.

Posted

Can I come hangout over here with you guys? Maehwa section always has constructive threads for the betterment of your class.

Good write-up. +1

Thanks!
And ofcourse take a seat :P 

Well for the kick ani cancel for chase and now requiring stamina is working as intended. Before (if it really didn't drain any Stamina at all doing this cancel) then it was bugged.

I never tested it since i just reached lvl 50 and such.

However, if you look at  the skill description of all the kicks you see that everyone of them requires a certain amount of stamina. And now they seem to drain this stamina as it is intended. As one post said, before patch you could literaly spam this combo if you have enough WP potions.

You're right, before todays patch Roundhouse Kick did not drain any stamina when using the Chase combo.

Posted

I personally love the stuff the new patch brought. I can confirm all of the stuff above minus the Backstep Slash since I don't use that (anyone does? O.o )

I love the fact that I got an extra HP boost (about 200 HP) and that now I can comfortably kick ass without a hitch. I could before, but I would stress out so much more...but honestly, the struggle just made me a better player! :) 

By the way, Dragon Bite was extremely bad ass before, now, it's godly badass. ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi, I'm a lvl 55 Maehwa and have been focusing on PVP ever since i hit 55.
After doing some tests with a Musa I found in arena I came to a couple of conclusions for both Maehwa and Musa.

Maehwa patch notes:                                                                                                

1. 1. The amount of HP and WP gained via leveling has been increased.

2. 2. The pre-action speed of Blooming has been increased.

3. 3. Fixed the attack range of Blooming:Phantom skill, so that both Musa & Maewha will have same attack range.

4. 4. Animation speed of other skills has been increased after using Retaliation.

5. 5. The pre-action animation for Dragon Bite has been removed.

6. 6. While Dragon Bite is on cool down Maehwa will take less damage and the cool down time to re-use Dragon Bite has been reduced.

7. 7. Backstep Slash can no longer be used while on cool down.

8. 8. The attack range and damage for Backstep Slash has been increased.

9. 9. The effect of using Chase has been changed.

1. If used when not on cool down the player is invincible.

2. If used when  on cool down the player gains Super Armor.

10. 10. WP for Chase 2 has been reduced from 17 to 15.

11. 11. WP and endurance has been decreased when using Chase.

12. 12. Chance to inflict Lift from Red Moon has been increased.

13. 13. The pre-action speed for Decapitation has been increased.

My results:                                                                                                                  

1. Confirmed (My Maehwa received +40HP and +30WP)
  2. Confirmed (The wind up speed is increase before you hit your target)
  3. Confirmed (Never noticed any difference before patch but okay) :)
  4. Confirmed (Not much but it's there)                       
  5. Confirmed (You will not backstep anymore while using 'Dragon Bite')
  6. I did not notice any damage reduction during cooldown.
  7. Confirmed.
  8. Confirmed .
  9. Confirmed (Iframe every 4 seconds + superarmor give immume to CC but not grab) Some Chase combos seem broken now (?)
  10. Confirmed.
  11. Confirmed.
  12. Did not notice a difference because it knocked up 99% of the time.
  13. Confirmed.

More testing results:                                                                                                    

• Chase kick animation cancel now DRAINS your stamina (W+RMB+F, requires 'Roundhouse Kick I or II' and 'Chase I')
    before the patch you were able to spam this combo almost endless when chugging WP potions, now your stamina will hit 0 in 3-4 seconds.
  • Chase Devider combo does not work anymore, before this patch you were able to Chase combo using W+RMB+E, this is now broken (?)
  • It seems that 'Chase II' distance has been increased and imo it is now a usefull skill to get because the Chase combos don't seem to work anymore (?)

Conclusion:                                                                                                                     

Another Chase combo can be used that i was unaware of, thanks for the tip! :) 

Hidden Content

EDIT:

If you are unhappy about the class changes please also share with us why you are unhappy.

fyi, binding 2 keys to one is not allowed as per the rules for macros.

Posted

fyi, binding 2 keys to one is not allowed as per the rules for macros.

Its not a "binding" thing, this is part of the ingame keybinding. if you are referring to the slash chase cancel.

Posted

Its not a "binding" thing, this is part of the ingame keybinding. if you are referring to the slash chase cancel.

Ah, apologies then. I misinterpreted 

Posted

I personally love the stuff the new patch brought. I can confirm all of the stuff above minus the Backstep Slash since I don't use that (anyone does? O.o )

I love the fact that I got an extra HP boost (about 200 HP) and that now I can comfortably kick ass without a hitch. I could before, but I would stress out so much more...but honestly, the struggle just made me a better player! :) 

By the way, Dragon Bite was extremely bad ass before, now, it's godly badass. ^_^

Agree, on this. Same even on back step slash, as I never used it but have thinking about using it just last night. Now with the patch maybe more so? Would love some insight on anyone with using it in PvP. Feel like it's worth it at lvl3 with the 50% Slow.

Posted (edited)

this is settings option we are talking about. 
Assigned key (WW) - basicly it presses W 2x  and makes you use chase

11.jpg

Edited by Scarletsun
1 person likes this

Posted

Dayum, 200HP? I only got 40HP and am at 1250 max HP on lvl 55.

And I do use Backstep Slash alot in PVP, it is a stagger and ofc you can't say no to a juicy 50% slow for 10 seconds :D 
It's also very useful to use on a downed target right after you do some damage to him.

Posted

Dayum, 200HP? I only got 40HP and am at 1250 max HP on lvl 55.

And I do use Backstep Slash alot in PVP, it is a stagger and ofc you can't say no to a juicy 50% slow for 10 seconds :D 
It's also very useful to use on a downed target right after you do some damage to him.

That 50% does look so nice. Do you mainly use it when they're downed? I tend to use that opening for a burst of damage, when would you suggest pushing that in without losing some valuable down attack damage?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0