• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Real/Game Character Comparisons

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Heya, everyone! I guess I've made it pretty clear that I try to make a new topic every week.

With this week bringing the CBT2 date and a free standalone character creator to download, it's only simple knowledge that lots of people will be creating themselves! So, I would really like to see your picture comparisons of your real self and your created game character.

I will start by showing mine. It's pretty much the same, but with small differences other than the hair being my future colour. The template was created to look like me by my friend Khrynia, who honestly did such an amazing job at it!

Comparison1.png

6 people like this

Posted

I haven't even tried to do so yet. However I saved my witch data I just spent 5 hours on. I've yet to change the facial structure much but I'm going to find time to attempt to make her close to my own face. Plus minor changes since it's also my RP character. Mainly the eyes of all things and ears.2016-01-20_14763585.thumb.JPG.f203fa78db

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've contemplated making a character that looks like me, but I don't want a fat character. :/

Edited by RainbowMcFuzzy
1 person likes this

Posted

I've contemplated making a character that looks like me, but I don't want a fat character. :/

I think you would look fantastic no matter how you make it :P I'm actually very VERY skinny in real, but unfortunately you aren't able to go that skinny on the character creator. So, I had to make my character the skinniest it could.

If you really are uncomfortable with your weight, then you could always make yourself with a different weight.

BE CONFIDENT AND HIGH-SPIRITED!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Be loud, be proud! Yeah!

...also I'll be back with mine once its done...there's no short hair for men though. Its either wavy stuff or shaven down... ;____;

Edited by Rayl
MORE PRIDE, OOOOH YEAH!
1 person likes this

Posted

my character looks like me only I went with a buzz cut hair style that's usually how I keep my hair in the summer but its winter up here in Canada eh ;) so its mighty cold hahahah . 

its also hard cause the character design models are a bit oriental in the facial department haha

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This was an...interesting attempt, really.

I'm proud of the warrior face I made below due to the story you can get out of his face. I decided to start with him as my template for making myself due to the fact that:

A) I also suffer from what I lovingly call "Fatigués au Repose" or "Tired-At-Rest" face. (henceforth T.A.R.)

B) He kinda looks like my father, albeit with less beard and less philipino in him. Given I'm even less filipino than my father, I figured it'd be a good place to bounce off from. A few similar features also means less effort trying to tweak things proper.

The_Forlorn_Soldier.thumb.PNG.a68b99c08a

I had to make the tip of the nose broader and more bulbous, which I could not do properly. Nostrils likewise I had issues with. My jawline is also more squared, but I had issues getting that done without things getting too round or jagged. Eyes...I think eyes were closer to mine on the template than they are now but...again, that may just be due to T.A.R. The fact that you also can't get eye or hair colors done easily (I have greenish/brown hazel eyes and hair that borders between brown and dark, dirty blond depending on how long/short it is.) There's a lack of good thick eyebrows like mine are...

I also ended up making myself look a little older, but that's due to T.A.R. mixed with face preset I used for the initial template.

But, for the most part, I'd say mission accomplished. Might try to square the jawline more later, revert the eye shape back to what they were prior (sans damaged right eye. :P )

Self-Attempt_1.thumb.PNG.273cb25eb60d5e8

Edited by Rayl
2 people like this

Posted

This was an...interesting attempt, really.

I'm proud of the warrior face I made below due to the story you can get out of his face. I decided to start with him as my template for making myself due to the fact that:

A) I also suffer from what I lovingly call "Fatigués au Repose" or "Tired-At-Rest" face. (henceforth T.A.R.)

B) He kinda looks like my father, albeit with less beard and less philipino in him. Given I'm even less filipino than my father, I figured it'd be a good place to bounce off from. A few similar features also means less effort trying to tweak things proper.

Hidden Content

I had to make the tip of the nose broader and more bulbous, which I could not do properly. Nostrils likewise I had issues with. My jawline is also more squared, but I had issues getting that done without things getting too round or jagged. Eyes...I think eyes were closer to mine on the template than they are now but...again, that may just be due to T.A.R. The fact that you also can't get eye or hair colors done easily (I have greenish/brown hazel eyes and hair that borders between brown and dark, dirty blond depending on how long/short it is.) There's a lack of good thick eyebrows like mine are...

I also ended up making myself look a little older, but that's due to T.A.R. mixed with face preset I used for the initial template.

But, for the most part, I'd say mission accomplished. Might try to square the jawline more later, revert the eye shape back to what they were prior (sans damaged right eye. :P )

Hidden Content

I can't exactly say how accurate this is, since I don't know what you look like. What I CAN say is that I really love the amount of effort you put into making yourself! I'm sure that if you work on it more, you can get those little features that bother you to be more exact. ^_^

Also, I know what you mean with the whole T.A.R thing! I could say I kind of have that whole resting b- face that people have been talking about.

Posted (edited)

I thought I'll give it a try since no1 else so far did.
But damn, this turned out harder than expected..
I'll leave it at this.. I give up hahaha

Game me:

ikkk.thumb.jpg.1d1b780b4700cd0525cb2fc622016-01-21_56896835.thumb.PNG.c451bd66762016-01-21_56904316.thumb.PNG.460b97ea612016-01-21_56908732.thumb.PNG.a1bf58ed4e

And real me:

Note, my eye color is lighter in reallife, but it's kinda dark atm. Also, the game doesn't offer the color of my eyes.. so had to be creative :P 

Edited by Nagasaki
5 people like this

Posted

I thought I'll give it a try since no1 else so far did.
But damn, this turned out harder than expected..
I'll leave it at this.. I give up hahaha

Game me:

ikkk.thumb.jpg.1d1b780b4700cd0525cb2fc622016-01-21_56896835.thumb.PNG.c451bd66762016-01-21_56904316.thumb.PNG.460b97ea612016-01-21_56908732.thumb.PNG.a1bf58ed4e

And real me:

ikke.thumb.jpg.7695e1c12d8131ff6f98a95a8 

Note, my eye color is lighter in reallife, but it's kinda dark atm. Also, the game doesn't offer the color of my eyes.. so had to be creative :P 

------------------------EDIT------------------------

Random picture bug strikes again.. cant delete this :P 

adri4.jpg

Woah, that's some deep accuracy if I say so myself! That's really good, and well worth the hard work I believe.

Posted (edited)

I can't exactly say how accurate this is, since I don't know what you look like. What I CAN say is that I really love the amount of effort you put into making yourself! I'm sure that if you work on it more, you can get those little features that bother you to be more exact. ^_^

Also, I know what you mean with the whole T.A.R thing! I could say I kind of have that whole resting b- face that people have been talking about.

I've got a great hatred for cameras and mirrors that I most likely inherited from my father, and his father before him, and- well, I'm just gonna say that I'm pretty sure its memetic.:P

Still, I wouldn't say you suffer from R.B.F. or T.A.R., at least as far as that picture is concerned...though it does make it look like you have big eyes though that may just be the lighting/any makeup/both?

EDIT: a second attempt was made, this time with the default face, but I'm still tweaking it.

Edited by Rayl

Posted

CWszGgEUYAEx80I.png:large

I went with something much prettier than myself with my character. But I did do a character that looks like Leeloo Dallas from The Fifth Element, for a previous contest.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've got a great hatred for cameras and mirrors that I most likely inherited from my father, and his father before him, and- well, I'm just gonna say that I'm pretty sure its memetic.:P

Still, I wouldn't say you suffer from R.B.F. or T.A.R., at least as far as that picture is concerned...though it does make it look like you have big eyes though that may just be the lighting/any makeup/both?

EDIT: a second attempt was made, this time with the default face, but I'm still tweaking it.

You're doing absolutely great work, and I believe you're correct about my big eyes! xD You shouldn't hate cameras and mirrors, though. They can actually really help you figure out what you think looks best with your features.

CWszGgEUYAEx80I.png:large

I went with something much prettier than myself with my character. But I did do a character that looks like Leeloo Dallas from The Fifth Element, for a previous contest.

That is SO much different from the character I know! New beginnings, Miss Tittsune?

Posted

That is SO much different from the character I know! New beginnings, Miss Tittsune?

That was just for a contest. My witch resembles more like the one you've probably seen. with the golden eyes and platinum blonde hair.

tumblr_o17kurQlxM1s336z0o5_540.png

I just don't look anything like her in real life, except maximum short-ness! I do wish I could make my witch a bit thicker than she is.

1 person likes this

Posted

That was just for a contest. My witch resembles more like the one you've probably seen. with the golden eyes and platinum blonde hair.

tumblr_o17kurQlxM1s336z0o5_540.png

I just don't look anything like her in real life, except maximum short-ness! I do wish I could make my witch a bit thicker than she is.

Yup, there it is! xD

Posted

Woah, that's some deep accuracy if I say so myself! That's really good, and well worth the hard work I believe.

thnx, appreciated ^^

Posted

I think you would look fantastic no matter how you make it :P I'm actually very VERY skinny in real, but unfortunately you aren't able to go that skinny on the character creator. So, I had to make my character the skinniest it could.

If you really are uncomfortable with your weight, then you could always make yourself with a different weight.

I appreciate it. I can see why your title is "Positive Soul" :P

1 person likes this

Posted

You're doing absolutely great work, and I believe you're correct about my big eyes! xD You shouldn't hate cameras and mirrors, though. They can actually really help you figure out what you think looks best with your features.

It's a big ol' can of worms but, in short, I'm just a form over function kind of guy: hair that doesn't get in the way, durable jacket, tough pants, steel-toed boots.

...a form-over-function kind of guy who makes character faces in a game with a lot attention to form.
:P

-------------
NOTE: Spoiler has comparison images of the first attempt (left) and Second attempt (Right)

Anywho, I attempted to re-create myself and again a big part of my issues came to trying to get the jawline to be more squared/tougher, but I had a better time using the base face. However, the eyes feel too big (and color was again an issue) and have less of the T.A.R. to them which detracts from the 'real me', where I have to actively keep my eyelids raised to have them open more...which ends up making me seem like a P.A.L. (Perpetual Angry Looking) dude. :(

I was also able to get an overall younger face, which fits given my actual age. However, given the various scratches, scars, burns, bites, and other assorted blemishes on my face seeing a semi-accurate recreation of myself without all those marks is...unsettling. I attempted to use the 'blood splatter' face tattoo and tweak it an attempt to somewhat remedy this. Not perfect but, hey, what can you do? The fact that the default face is also pretty smooth means that adding wrinkles doesn't help much at all in comparison to how it did with the other, older looking one.

The other attempt had a better 'feel' to it in that regard (though sorta looks like my dad more now than the original template, which is a bit unsettling now that I'm looking at it again), along with a better nose, but I think the second attempt has the eyes and overall outline better.

In the end, I'd say the second attempt wins out based solely on the fact that the eyes work a lot better and the age is more accurate, but the fact I can't properly scar my face proper is disappointed..oh if only I could have some portion of the skin from the first attempt for the second one...

Self-Attempt_1.thumb.PNG.8f98597a363f22aself_front.thumb.PNG.9a46d9c715c98b69424

This spoiler has an image that seals it for me: my self-attempt shares my smile perfectly with his smile emote.

Self_Smile.thumb.PNG.27a368e8580a332bf28

Yeah...I'm not good at smiling for the camera either, virtual me. :U

2 people like this

Posted

It's a big ol' can of worms but, in short, I'm just a form over function kind of guy: hair that doesn't get in the way, durable jacket, tough pants, steel-toed boots.
...a form-over-function kind of guy who makes character faces in a game with a lot attention to form.
:P

-------------
NOTE: Spoiler has comparison images of the first attempt (left) and Second attempt (Right)

Anywho, I attempted to re-create myself and again a big part of my issues came to trying to get the jawline to be more squared/tougher, but I had a better time using the base face. However, the eyes feel too big (and color was again an issue) and have less of the T.A.R. to them which detracts from the 'real me', where I have to actively keep my eyelids raised to have them open more...which ends up making me seem like a P.A.L. (Perpetual Angry Looking) dude. :(

I was also able to get an overall younger face, which fits given my actual age. However, given the various scratches, scars, burns, bites, and other assorted blemishes on my face seeing a semi-accurate recreation of myself without all those marks is...unsettling. I attempted to use the 'blood splatter' face tattoo and tweak it an attempt to somewhat remedy this. Not perfect but, hey, what can you do? The fact that the default face is also pretty smooth means that adding wrinkles doesn't help much at all in comparison to how it did with the other, older looking one.

The other attempt had a better 'feel' to it in that regard (though sorta looks like my dad more now than the original template, which is a bit unsettling now that I'm looking at it again), along with a better nose, but I think the second attempt has the eyes and overall outline better.

In the end, I'd say the second attempt wins out based solely on the fact that the eyes work a lot better and the age is more accurate, but the fact I can't properly scar my face proper is disappointed..oh if only I could have some portion of the skin from the first attempt for the second one...

Hidden Content

This spoiler has an image that seals it for me: my self-attempt shares my smile perfectly with his smile emote.

Hidden Content

I can see so many changes in your updated version! Unfortunately as said before, I can't exactly tell if it looks like you or not since I don't know what you look like. The good thing here is that you keep inching closer and closer to what you'd like for a goal. Keep working at it!

Posted

fat -----

? I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. 

Posted

? I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. 

I personally would say that I do not understand the meaning of what they are trying to say, either. So, I will try to do detective work instead! ;)

Fat spelled backwards is Taf, and while they have 5 dashes beside it, I believe they wanted to give you a 3 letter hint to the 5 letter blank (dashes). I think they wanted to respond to you with Taffy. This does not make any sense, and so we are back to the drawing board!

This was all just a joke, just in case anyone was actually wondering. xD It's good to humour something that is unknown and make it somewhat lighthearted!

You're welcome.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I personally would say that I do not understand the meaning of what they are trying to say, either. So, I will try to do detective work instead! ;)

Fat spelled backwards is Taf, and while they have 5 dashes beside it, I believe they wanted to give you a 3 letter hint to the 5 letter blank (dashes). I think they wanted to respond to you with Taffy. This does not make any sense, and so we are back to the drawing board!

This was all just a joke, just in case anyone was actually wondering. xD It's good to humour something that is unknown and make it somewhat lighthearted!

You're welcome.

Lol. xD That was adorable.

My assumption is that they are saying it like "Fat...." because my profile picture on here would not lead you to believe I am, so they must assume I am just one of those attention-seeking gals who claim to be fat when they are quite a decent weight.

But Ill prove it.... there's a leaked video of me on the pole and well, it's embarassing but you can see how big I am.

Peek if you dare.

Edited by RainbowMcFuzzy
2 people like this

Posted

It would be a lot easier to create myself ingame if the standalone creator had the blader available. 

I think I still have a character slot open on RU so I can go back and adjust a few options, but basically think of my profile pic with a hairstyle that isn't in the game and brownish hair color. That's pretty much it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm I'd love making myself, but I've got that standard super curly hair that mixed (white & black, basically I'm an Obama on the complexion scale) hair :c

Posted

Something is still not right, but I think I'm close.

me.thumb.jpg.7a66c4cd6d034826aaf0b8943d7char.thumb.jpg.0d31a6472b1f36947c7ccdcd3

4 people like this