• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Strength training weight limit

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

EDIT: I read the chart wrong like a derp derp

So I've noticed my weight limit hasn't been going up as I leveled my strength as much as I read from this one article. It's at level 30 now and only have a total of 359LT. At level 29 it was 358LT. Am I doing something wrong?

STRENGTH PER LEVEL

Strength LevelBonus Weight Limit Total
1+0LT
2+2LT
3+4LT
4+6LT
5+8LT
6+10LT
7+12LT
8+14LT
9+16LT
10+18LT
11+19LT
12+20LT
13+21LT
14+22LT
15+23LT
16+24LT
17+25LT
18+26LT
19+27LT
20+29LT
21+30LT
22+31LT
23+32LT
24+33LT
25+34LT
26+35LT
27+36LT
28+37LT
29+38.5LT
30+40LT

PS for new players curious of how long it takes it was 45-55 hours of AFK loop running.

Edited by Jumanji

Posted

It sounds about right, I don't see what's your problem. You had 358LT and then it went up by 1.5 once it hit 30 (40-38.5=1.5). Black Desert tends to not scale their numbers upward so hence, it only shows a 1LT increase.

Posted

It sounds about right, I don't see what's your problem. You had 358LT and then it went up by 1.5 once it hit 30 (40-38.5=1.5). Black Desert tends to not scale their numbers upward so hence, it only shows a 1LT increase.

well, as long as it's not enchanting it doesn't...

1rAi2YU.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

[...]

PS for new players curious of how long it takes it was 45-55 hours of AFK loop running.

Now someone tell me please why do we need to leave the PC on ~50h just to f------ afk loop running. I would really like to know the thought process in the head of the genius who came up with this.

Most stupid "feature" ever.

EDIT: for clarity, my gripe is not with the loop auto path, but with the retarded idea that a player should train his strength by running 50h with a trade pack in his back.

Edited by insert_brain
8 people like this

Posted

Now someone tell me please why do we need to leave the PC on ~50h just to f------ afk loop running. I would really like to know the thought process in the head of the genius who came up with this.

I'm gonna get 2 pet rocks heavy enough to push down my W and D keys for this.

I'm gonna name one William and the other Deshawn (he is a black rock).

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I completely agree with this it's also why I think horse breeding is an absolute joke !

Have we had confirmation on if there is a limit on the extra weight tokens from the cash shop because it may end up cheaper to max it out through the shop than leaving my 800 watt  pc on for over fifty hours ! 

Edited by Stres

Posted

How i see it is, if they didn't have a feature like this, some of us would have used a third party prog to loop it anyways.

reminds me of Macroing off my murder counts,and other skills in UO.

probably why i like how the system is.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't think it's the afk training that's really the issue when it comes to carry weight, more the fact that it's in the game as well as a limited bag space system.

Surely weight dictates how much you can carry, like ark has limited weight/unlimited bag slots.

Should be one or the other not both, it's just more monetization in the end.

Posted

I completely agree with this it's also why I think horse breeding is an absolute joke !

Have we had confirmation on if there is a limit on the extra weight tokens from the cash shop because it may end up cheaper to max it out through the shop than leaving my 800 watt  pc on for over fifty hours ! 

well if you tone down all your graphics and you resoultion you pc should have about 100-200 wattage it doesnt use 800 wattage all the time

oh i see what they mean by that thanks for the clarification. Looks like strength training will not be on my priority list come release lol I read the chart wrong i though it was cumulative.

Posted

I'm gonna get 2 pet rocks heavy enough to push down my W and D keys for this.
I'm gonna name one William and the other Deshawn (he is a black rock).

You can set a path and then let the character move back and forth in a loop on it's own.

Posted

well if you tone down all your graphics and you resoultion you pc should have about 100-200 wattage it doesnt use 800 wattage all the time

oh i see what they mean by that thanks for the clarification. Looks like strength training will not be on my priority list come release lol I read the chart wrong i though it was cumulative.

If you put the game in windowed mode, you can minimize it to a tray icon and it will consume only few CPU/network/RAM resources. It is still stupid and a waste of energy/increased wear on SSD/annoyance. It's just a retarded idea that doesn't add anything to the depth of the game or to the gameplay itself and has no reason to exist.

You can set a path and then let the character move back and forth in a loop on it's own.

This was disabled in CBT1, we don't know if it will be re-enabled.

2 people like this

Posted

Oh didn't know, guess i'll have to get out the good old stone from AA times

Posted

Oh didn't know, guess i'll have to get out the good old stone from AA times

Don't worry, when I get bored of Deshawn I'll replace him with Anthony(thats you), who will make my character run to the LEFT!

Posted

I think it was disable to prevent the servers of overpopulation/wasting server bandwidth during beta.

Posted

I think it was disable to prevent the servers of overpopulation/wasting server bandwidth during beta.

I would bet on this.

So basically laptop users are p2w because they can afford leaving their computers running while desktop users have to worry about the electric bill. 

latest?cb=20120402225423

1 person likes this

Posted

I would bet on this.

So basically laptop users are p2w because they can afford leaving their computers running while desktop users have to worry about the electric bill. 

latest?cb=20120402225423

I don't think you can leave your laptop on for even half an hour on a full battery while running BDO.
Also that michael jackson gif is annoying af, I'm glad he died.

Posted

I wasn't talking about battery. And the consumption would be the same regardless, it's just stored.

Posted (edited)

Some people. Be happy its there to afk. Otherwise you'd have to attend those 50h. 

EDIT: In NA/EU autolooping was disabled... So it might be that we need to be at the screen... 

- Jeasy

Edited by Jeasy

Posted

I don't think you guys understand that it's NOT mandatory to leave your computer on afking for 50 hours. All of these experiences in strength, stamina, and life can be obtained through actual playtime. You gain stamina experience from running on foot, that's a no brainer. You gain strength experience by carrying heavy objects from place to place, usually during a trade run. You gain health experience every time a 30+minute buff food is consumed. If you incorporate all of these into your casual/hardcore play style, they'll all be maxed (Level 30 in Korea) within a reasonable time. There is absolutely no reason to get 300hp/40LT/500 Stamina in a week's worth of afking overnight for each of them. Are you trying to get tankier so you don't die from low level monsters? Are you trying to carry more weight when there's nothing anywhere that heavy to carry in the beginning? Are you trying to get stamina so you can run longer? (This I can confirm, a justifiable reason as a Ranger). You'll eventually get these maxed out so why not just enjoy the game? Oh by the way, these experiences/levels are CHARACTER bound. Good luck afk training on all your characters if you want. ^.^

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't think you guys understand that it's NOT mandatory to leave your computer on afking for 50 hours. All of these experiences in strength, stamina, and life can be obtained through actual playtime. You gain stamina experience from running on foot, that's a no brainer. You gain strength experience by carrying heavy objects from place to place, usually during a trade run. You gain health experience every time a 30+minute buff food is consumed. If you incorporate all of these into your casual/hardcore play style, they'll all be maxed (Level 30 in Korea) within a reasonable time. There is absolutely no reason to get 300hp/40LT/500 Stamina in a week's worth of afking overnight for each of them. Are you trying to get tankier so you don't die from low level monsters? Are you trying to carry more weight when there's nothing anywhere that heavy to carry in the beginning? Are you trying to get stamina so you can run longer? (This I can confirm, a justifiable reason as a Ranger). You'll eventually get these maxed out so why not just enjoy the game? Oh by the way, these experiences/levels are CHARACTER bound. Good luck afk training on all your characters if you want. ^.^

Challenge accepted!

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

Stop writing BS please. In trade runs you don't run with packs on your back, you use a cart. No one will run normally until their breath level reaches 30 because it takes forever and in the meantime they will be less competitive in PvP. Most of the time you will be running with a horse, which brings me to taming: you will take forever to level your horse by without afk training. Want to move from spot to item hand-in the fastest? Afk level your horse or it will take you months to hit level 30 and others will pass in front of you with their T7 while you're still stuck with a pitiful level 15 T5 horse.

Also if you don't afk run/walk/train you will be nowhere near a decent level in those categories when you hit 50. Stop spreading misinformation.

Posted

EDIT: for clarity, my gripe is not with the loop auto path, but with the retarded idea that a player should train his strength by running 50h with a trade pack in his back.

It's a small thing that is just cherry on top for running around with a pack. It's not necessary. Not a feature of the game so much as a bonus to running around with a trade pack.

Posted

Stop writing BS please. In trade runs you don't run with packs on your back, you use a cart. No one will run normally until their breath level reaches 30 because it takes forever and in the meantime they will be less competitive in PvP. Most of the time you will be running with a horse, which brings me to taming: you will take forever to level your horse by without afk training. Want to move from spot to item hand-in the fastest? Afk level your horse or it will take you months to hit level 30 and others will pass in front of you with their T7 while you're still stuck with a pitiful level 15 T5 horse.

Also if you don't afk run/walk/train you will be nowhere near a decent level in those categories when you hit 50. Stop spreading misinformation.

How is it BS? D:

Posted (edited)

You can train this stuff while you play the game leveling from 50 to 51. No one will max their stamina before level 50 unless they specifically left their computers on over night (which NA version does NOT have). The differences that this makes is slight, and with my experience of running around everywhere on foot on CBT-1, I reached level 22 when I was level 40.

Also since we don't have AFK running/riding, everyone will be in just the same pit as you based on their own play time hours.

Edited by NexG
clarity

Posted

It's funny because everything I said is 100% accurate. There is no misinformation because it's all obtained from Korea. Early trade runs you do run with packs because they give you strength exp and people don't have the spending money to buy wagons. A few quests require you to run with a pack from point A to point B. I played for about 2 to 3 weeks pretty hardcore in the beginning and I managed to get my Stamina to cap in that time. Sure, most of the time you will be riding a horse, but it's not MANDATORY. I had a Tier 3 Horse in Kr from the level 40 reward and I managed to get it to 24 in a week and a half's worth of dragging wagons and going from place to place. Your issue is seeing everything in the short run. Why must everything be done within a weeks worth of time when the same level can be achieved spending another 2 to 3 weeks? And to clarify myself again. Everything I said that seems factual is absolutely accurate in terms of the Korean Version of Black Desert. Rather than saying it's completely BS, why don't you actually point out my flaws rather than argue and adding new information? (Not that it's bad, but isn't valid for an argument if you're going against it.)

5 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0