• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sharp and Hard crystal shards

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Wondering how everyone is doing gathering the new sharp and hard blackstone fragments. I'm professional 3 in gathering and today I've gathered 300+ water, 300+ fir sap, 300+ wolf meat and haven't gotten one to drop yet. I wasn't using lucky tools and I havent done a single gathering quest yet, could that be it?

Posted (edited)

Used up 3x lucky shining tools and got 7 shards. Artisan 6 gathering. From the data I gathered around it seems very likely to be a flat 1% chance with a lucky. Think it gets way worse without one.

Edited by Felkin

Posted

Water doesn't seem to give the shards.

I went gathering meat and wild herbs. The meat I didn't get one from, but the herbs, I got one shard after about 20 plants. Prof. 2 gathering & normal steel tool.

Posted (edited)

You can get it from gathering meat.

Edited by Jean Bernard

Posted

If the use the same loot table as in Korea we should have access to some higher % chance on certain mobs if you "butcher" them.....

Posted

I am artisan1 gatherer and used 200 energy on gathering deer blood with a shining tool and I got one of each shard

Posted

Gathering Pine sap since the patch I got 1 sharp and 2 hard shards with a single lucky shining fluid collector and then another 3 hard shards using about 400 durability worth of non lucky fluid collectors. 5 luck artisan 1 gathering.

Posted (edited)

Gathering: Artisan 2

Method: Pine Sap

Tool: Lucky Shining Fluid Collector

Energy Spent: ~350

Luck: 5/5

Shards: 3 Hard 0 Sharp

Oddly enough, my friend who has Apprentice level of Gathering Pine Sap with Steel Lucky tools and luck lv 5, got 1 Sharp and 1 Hard after about 180 Energy... Maybe RNG is just being RNG, but I feel like people with Artisan+ Gathering levels should acquire a substantial amount more than what I'm seeing. 

Edited by Paramethius
Forgot luck

Posted

Artisan  1 gathering

roughly 400 energy spent 

skinning lizards 

shinning steel tool

5/5 luck 

2 hard shards and 1 sharp shard

going to start using all my lucky tools I have stock piled soon

Posted (edited)

I have Professional 1 gathering and used up two Shining Steel Hoes and have gotten one of each with 4/5 luck. Oh was gathering tulips.

Edited by Toabsters

Posted (edited)

Artisan 10 (Almost Master) gathering here.
We have a few Art 5+ in our guild and we seem to be getting them from mining rocks once every 100 energy or so.
Sometimes it takes 200 energy sometimes 50.
With a 24H loyalty buff and some energy pots (x15) and a day filled with nothing but gathering i've managed to get over 40 of these.

Shining steel lucky pickaxe.
5/5 Luck.
Mining feldspar - Andesite - Bloodstone etc.
13 Sharp 27 Hard.

Guildie of mine got it from skinning. 
We can confirm that it doesn't matter what rank you are for it to drop, we cannot confirm however that it drops more often for higher ranks even though i'd like to think so myself.

Hope this helps you guys a bit.

Edited by Saronic
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anybody know if you can gather blood and still get them? I would assume you can, just don't want to burn 500+ energy before being certain.

Edited by Everandea

Posted

I need the blood. sell cheap and I pay u.

Posted (edited)

Anybody know if you can gather blood and still get them? I would assume you can, just don't want to burn 500+ energy before being certain.

Yes, you can get them from blood. Guildie of mine said he got it from sapping Weasels so.

Edited by Saronic

Posted

I'm M1 and in about 60 energy, not sure how many rocks that is with conservation, I got 1 of each type.
About 20 energy with trees I got another hard shard.
Then later, two more hard shards.

So, total of maybe 350 energy, 1 sharp, 4 hard.

@1 gathering level, 2 luck, Master01, no food / guild buffs, Sharp pick, mainly rocks and some trees

Posted

Got a sharp one from farming today when pruning my sunflowers.

Farming Apprentice 10

Posted

I'm M1 and in about 60 energy, not sure how many rocks that is with conservation, I got 1 of each type.
About 20 energy with trees I got another hard shard.
Then later, two more hard shards.

So, total of maybe 350 energy, 1 sharp, 4 hard.

@1 gathering level, 2 luck, Master01, no food / guild buffs, Sharp pick, mainly rocks and some trees

So it almost sounds like there's a huge jump from anything below Master 01. Also, that your character luck doesn't effect the rate possibly? Cool to see others' data~

Posted

So it almost sounds like there's a huge jump from anything below Master 01. Also, that your character luck doesn't effect the rate possibly? Cool to see others' data~

or its RNG..

Posted (edited)

Got one with a dull axe while chopping a tree for a Guild Mission LOL.

I'm not high skilled gathering either, can't even use steel yet.

TH

Edited by TheHidden01

Posted (edited)

I started the patch at artisan 4, lucky tools, doing sap and rocks.  I got 17 in about 1300 energy.  Since hitting Artisan 5 I've hit a massive wall, getting 1 so far, I'm at 97% exp so  I'm closing in on Artisan 6 and wondering if it's just artisan 5 that is bugged maybe?  I don't know what to think.  It's probably close to 2k energy spent to go from 0-97% art 5,  That's a pretty big sample size to only get 1.  I'm drinking energy pots and had blessing of kamasilve on for some of that time.

Also I got the +10% gathering chance from sturdy yellow alch life stone, and have had either 4/5 luck during this time.

Edited by Mickin

Posted

187 energy spent - Skilled 6 gatherer

using shining steel lumbering axe - just chopping all trees around heidel

got 2 sharp and 1 hard fragment

luck level 5 - no lucky tools used

Posted

100% Sure it's 1% chance with lucky now. Got 30 shards now and it's very clearly giving 1 every 100 dura. Feels way worse without a lucky though.

Posted

Skilled 1, Steel tool (not lucky)

Got 2 shards with 140 energy

Posted

100% Sure it's 1% chance with lucky now. Got 30 shards now and it's very clearly giving 1 every 100 dura. Feels way worse without a lucky though.

Lucky shining or any lucky?

Posted

Haven't played much lately, but today I played for a bit.   Went out to butcher some grey foxes.   And got the Sharp shard.   And I got it after butchering like 5-6 foxes. I suppose I was extremly lucky though :)

I was just using ordinary Steel butchers knife. No Lucky or anything.  And as I said, took me 5-6 butchering to get my first(and so far only) shard.    I'm 'only' Gathering Professional 2 aswell.

Perhaps lucky tools increases your chance, gotta be a reason why they are "lucky" after all.  And I was just having luck for a change.  I wasn't even aware of these shards until I got it from a minute or less of butchering.

So yeah, Im  Gathering Pro 2.  Ordinary Steel Butcher's Knife.  Was not wearing any luck-increasing gear other than the "skilled gatherer's costume" or w/e it's called.