• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Based on yesterdays news and the responses I see, I hope Pearl Abyss do not aim to please the top '5% no-lifers'

184 posts in this topic

Posted

And you spent your time writing this?

12 people like this

Posted

If you don't like the game. Don't play the game.

This is like going to Ford and asking them to make their vehicles more like BMW.

7 people like this

Posted

Weeks to hit max level? Go play Everquest 1. Oh how I miss crushbone trains and deleveling if you died after dinging.

3 people like this

Posted

Ford should make their vehicles more like BMW tho.

2 people like this

Posted

if you dont have time for MMOs why play them I never understood that concept play MOBAs or Shooters maybe? but best of luck to you I personally think the news is Fine as of what we know right now

1 person likes this

Posted

I have been reading yesterdays news about the upcomming new content, and also read the many and diverse feedback on this news. It has really started to get me wonder, if the top hardcore 'no-lifers' really do not belong in a MMO, and need to find other games, or *shock* get a life outside of a computer.

I am over 40 years, have a normal 5 days a week job, married and I am still able to play far more then the average adult player. My typical play time a day is on average I would guess 4+ hours, that means some days hardly any, other days almost the whole day (typical weekends). And this is actually too much time in front of a computer, when you are in a relationship, very few normal wives/husband/partners would accept this (I am lucky). Most work-days and nights the computer is on and the chars are training something. Been playing for about 3 weeks, and have 2 level 44 chars, done a lot of questing, very little focused grinding, and I have about 115 contribution points and about 130 energy.

When I started playing my first MMO which was Dark Age of Camelot, back in 2001 I think it was, it took weeks to get ONE char to max level, weeks. This was before WoW was released, and there were only 2 big MMOs on the market. Now players want to be able to powerlevel to max level the first week, and then whine at the MMO publisher for more content, that they also want to express finish. You do realize that no MMO publishers can keep up with this right? And if they could, it would be pointless for any new players to enter the game after a few weeks, because they would never ever catch up to the 5% top hardcore players that play '24/7' and constantly ask for more content and powerlevels, and want to 'one-shot' everyone else, resulting in a utterly pointless epeen strutting competition game for people with 'no lives'.

I am well aware that when a Buy2Play(?) game like BDO is released, a lot of players will swarm in, but also a huge percent of those will stop playing a fews or maybe a couple weeks after release. After that you will be left with the normal player/stayer crowd, mostly made up by casual to heavy player (note to the new generation: yes, playing several hours a day IS a lot, this is NOT casual, casual is playing 'now and then' / 'a few hours here and there'), and on is the top the few % if the players that for some reason play more or less all the time.

So I am honestly wondering how some people are able to clock in as much time as they do, and have several high level chars. Either people do not work/go to school or have any life outside of the game, or they just come home from work and play all the time. I hope you realize that this is not how 'normal' people are able to play the game, and for normal people it will take weeks to get to level 50+, and to get to 15 enchant even more weeks.

If you are in this top % that play a HUGE amount of time, you do realize that you are far far far above a normal average player right? No matter what any MMO publisher does, they will never satisfy players like you, they will not be able to push out enough content fast enough. And if they could, it would result in insane damage scaling, resulting in a broken game where everyone except the ones with the best gear would be cannonfodder = dead game.

Sadly nowadays it looks like MMOS are turning into games only for people with no life outside a computer, this is not good, not good at all, not for the games and not for the players. I hope I am wrong, and its just that the top % players are the ones most vocal on the forums (they likely are). But I do have an impression that the new generation MMO players, do not understand the very fundamentals and the origins of MMOs, and want to turn them into a FPS-shooter game with levels and drops (yes I am looking at you The Division...).

MMOs were, at least once back when, about the journey, about building something, and playing in a living world where you can interact with other people, and if you like it (like I do) play versus other real players, using the character you have invested your time in and built up and mastering your character.

Maybe, just maybe, if you are a player that all the time need new content that you want to express through, never enjoy the journey, and only use the content that gives you the fastest level progression possible, maybe, just maybe MMOs are not made for you. If you are one of those players, I would suggest taking up games like Path of Exile and Diablo 3 or maybe The Division, where its all about fast fast fast leveling and leader boards epeen competition, where it comes down to who can play the most hours, since time spent = best result (more or less)...

TL;DR : MMO are for nolife

Posted

The whole modern day MMO genre is riding a chocolate chariot straight into Hell unfortunately.

A large proportion of today's MMO players are all about being top of everything and want it yesterday then just move on to the next new thing. I played Ultima Online way back when developing a character took months and that meant something. Today its all about the destination and not about the journey and that's why the burn out rate is so high. Modern day MMO's no longer hold their players for years because everything is handed out too quickly and then there's nothing really left to do

22 people like this

Posted

Weeks to hit max level? Go play Everquest 1. Oh how I miss crushbone trains and deleveling if you died after dinging.

I never played EQ, but that was more 'hardcore' then any new MMO ever will be. May it rest in peace. Nowadays MMOs are kids games compared.

5 people like this

Posted

holy ----- this sh*t is deep.

and pointless

it took me 'xactly 4 hours to get my ranger from 0 to 43. so you telling me this needs weeks, is bs

Posted

This is like going to Ford and asking them to make their vehicles more like BMW.

I presume this guy is passionate about a game he likes. he likely plays games as a passtime, as do i.

Posted

holy ----- this sh*t is deep.

and pointless

it took me 'xactly 4 hours to get my ranger from 0 to 43. so you telling me this needs weeks, is bs

Rofl yeah sure, you make my point, thanks. I would like to see how you did that...

Posted

And you spent your time writing this?

He has the time. There was maintenance yesterday and today again. Plenty of time to write letters on a troll infested forum :)

Posted

dude everyone probably a no life to you except you lolz get bent

Posted

As a casual player im glad this game has somewhat "endless" progression. 

My experience with mmos that are not as grind and rng heavy is you actually kind of finish the game. Youll be max level and gear in no time, log in and be like, wtf am I gonna do now, this game is done, Lets find a new mmo. 

If you are looking to compete, you should look for games where there's no leveling, just skill based. But you will lose in those games as well cause the so called "no lifers" will beat you cause they have more time to practice and get good. 

Maybe single player??

5 people like this

Posted

Where did he mention he did not like the game? Read again see if you can catch the point.

5 people like this

Posted

I never played EQ, but that was more 'hardcore' then any new MMO ever will be. May it rest in peace. Nowadays MMOs are kids games compared.

Games in general are much easier. Back in the day you had limited lives and no saving. I don't think anyone wants to bring those back though.

Posted

You seem to have it backwards, those with so many responsibilities are the ones that probably shouldn't be playing games in the first place. If you lead such an important life and have so many things to do, then a game should be the least of your worries. You made your bed when you decided to hitch your wagon, that doesn't mean the game industry needs to cater to you, it means it's probably time for you to "outgrow" it for how much your type always prattles on about how responsible you are.

3 people like this

Posted

You seem to have it backwards, those with so many responsibilities are the ones that probably shouldn't be playing games in the first place. If you lead such an important life and have so many things to do, then a game should be the least of your worries. You made your bed when you decided to hitch your wagon, that doesn't mean the game industry needs to cater to you, it means it's probably time for you to "outgrow" it for how much your type always prattles on about how responsible you are.

Valid point, and I partly agree. But the thing is the teens and the kids are not the players with money, the adults are. If the game publishers do not target the players with the money, they do not make any.

dude everyone probably a no life to you except you lolz get bent

No, and have a good life.

As a casual player im glad this game has somewhat "endless" progression. 

My experience with mmos that are not as grind and rng heavy is you actually kind of finish the game. Youll be max level and gear in no time, log in and be like, wtf am I gonna do now, this game is done, Lets find a new mmo. 

If you are looking to compete, you should look for games where there's no leveling, just skill based. But you will lose in those games as well cause the so called "no lifers" will beat you cause they have more time to practice and get good. 

Maybe single player??

In a MMO with PvP, you need some kind of end game with thereafter small progression, not endless big scaling progression, or it will not work.

Where did he mention he did not like the game? Read again see if you can catch the point.

I do like the game, or I would not be playing it, logic really. Neither would I spend time at this board trying to maybe make this game a little better based on my feedback.

3 people like this

Posted

It is the first game I played that the publishers self are hardcore and supporting the rusher end-gamers. It is nearly impossible to catch up with the game as they rush the new content faster than the most people can ever consume but only the people played on other servers before (Russian, Korrean, etc.). That's why all the time we see catch-up weekends constantly. It is pitty that publishers rushing all the content and all old content becoming absolute in a week or so. It is like rushing after a carrot that you know you can never catch.

I am assuming publishers will release all contents as fast as they can to catch up with Korea and then within a eye-blink the game will turn into free to play model. Later they will try to publish another game and leave to support this great game. It is really taking all the achiving feeling with this shitty catch-up weekends to race with the publishers. Journey is not fun anymore and the destination never gets closer but getting far and far.

I really wonder how many percent of players played on other servers which publishers catering, unexperienced company, hope this will end good for their end.

TL;DR: I dont give a shit about feedback so will more likely not read this again, just wanted to give my humble opinion. Pushing content this fast making old content absolute and taking whole achiving feeling away with the stupid catch-up weekends. If people wanted to rush they would have already have done it.

3 people like this

Posted

Kill your wife and kids and quit work... There, now you can play all the time too.

Everyone has choices.  ^.^

Posted (edited)

PA aim at the 11% of whales :ph34r:

BDO is a huge time eater game if you don't have time for it why keep playing ? And saying " Sadly nowadays it looks like MMOS are turning into games only for people with no life " is an idiocy it's the exact opposite ( Wow Teso Gw2 for ex are so casual friendly... ) . It's not a "Sprint" mmo its a "Marathon" one ( for regular player ofc, hardcore players have diffrent objectives )

Or find a guild that match your objective and stop caring about Hardcore players take your time and enjoy the game like plenty of players do ...

Edited by Vaax
1 person likes this

Posted

I dont really understand what point OP is trying to make here?

In any event, I dont really like the generalization he is making, that anyone who is playing more than himself, is a "no-lifer" "welfarekiddo" etc. Have som respect for other people, and how they chose to spend their time. 

3 people like this

Posted

Ahh i remember sitting on orc hill, hearing all the horry stories coming out of crushbone, and actually wondering how the orcs had built a train and what it would look like delivering orcs to the zone. Dvinn eh? what a compleate sea nut

2 people like this

Posted

MMOs were, at least once back when, about the journey, about building something, and playing in a living world where you can interact with other people, and if you like it (like I do) play versus other real players, using the character you have invested your time in and built up and mastering your character.

WoW destroyed this type of gameplay. And unfortunately a majority of MMO players came into the gaming community during the WoW era so they know nothing else and want nothing else.  Because of WoW's success almost every other MMO developer tries to duplicate their model thus more and more MMOs similar WoW's style continue to be produced.

3 people like this