• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Based on yesterdays news and the responses I see, I hope Pearl Abyss do not aim to please the top '5% no-lifers'

184 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't make any judgments or come to a conclusion about lifes that you never ever experienced. I don't want to be a lawyer of anyone but talk to me maybe 20 years later when you are an adult and have an idea of what is a marriage hehe.

I play more than my husband, maybe he should feel sorry for him too...

Posted

Are you seriously comparing having kids, SO, friends and outside activities on equal foot with playing games? Do you even have a clue what you are talking about? Playing house? I feel sorry for whoever may think you are going to be an adult, marriage material some day. Hopefully none.

Obviously.

Please stop, do not want this to turn into a flame thread  :)

And I do not that that anyone with a family etc are competitive compared to someone that plays '24/7', that makes no sense. If so they use very little time with their family.

You shouldn't make game where casuals vs nolifers argue how game should work.

You should find golden path.

Make it so enchants have diminishing returns so they reward less but still costly to make. This makes game more skill based so casuals have good chance in pvp while nolifers have still something to do.

Example 300 max in red battlefield is good start and it gives me hope for daum. Personally I would reduce it even to 260.

I agree that diminishing returns are the way to go, NOT like it is now with huge scaling in enchantments.

Posted

Please stop, do not want this to turn into a flame thread  :)

You may be late on that. I am sorry but I cannot stay quiet when I see someone equaling their stupid games with my children and marriage and call that "playing house". 

Posted

The big % of "fresh" games are more casual friendly and easy than older games.  Developers and publishers try to sell  games to bigger player groups. BDO and MMO-s are a little bit time dependent, but restrictions and delayed upgrades (maximum enchant level: 15) and no node wars +sieges make this game more "casual friendly" too. You have many time to reach nolifer level. If you have less time you can play in casual mode too. You have many options.

hm... I missed the real content. What is the short version of OP? :D

Posted

The big % of "fresh" games are more casual friendly and easy than older games.  Developers and publishers try to sell  games to bigger player groups. BDO and MMO-s are a little bit time dependent, but restrictions and delayed upgrades (maximum enchant level: 15) and no node wars +sieges make this game more "casual friendly" too. You have many time to reach nolifer level. If you have less time you can play in casual mode too. You have many options.

hm... I missed the real content. What is the short version of OP? :D

short version: gear > skill, therefore nolifer > family man

Posted

Do you need a 1 sentence answer to get it?    The short version where Daum is concerned.. is that it looks EXACTLY like the current release schedule is determined by Daum watching their Datamining and releasing content to coincide with this point where the top 1% of players maxed everything out and need new grinds to keep them gobbling up cash shop perks

See, as a guy who bought into the game late and is well behind the curve, if that's what OP was trying to get at, then I agree.  Why didn't OP just say so, less about his wife and kids, mmo history and suggesting everyone who has out-progressed him has no life/can't be enjoying life.

Personally I don't think Daum is releasing based on the 1%, but simply as fast as they can, so they can catch up to the Korean version and thus the buck can be passed when people ask "Why don't we have this yet?" "Well, we're waiting on PA to implement those changes, we are as eager as you are for them to get on with it!".

Posted

You may be late on that. I am sorry but I cannot stay quiet when I see someone equaling their stupid games with my children and marriage and call that "playing house". 

I love how you first say that all nolifers are "stupid af" and then get triggered by some random person that wrote a reply that wasn't even directed to you. Anyways I get your point. There's no such thing as "playing house", that's just ridiculous.

However I believe that the company should just do what fits them. If they want to favor hardcore, nolife players, then do so.

I myself play the game pretty actively but I don't count myself as a nolifer or anything like that and I still manage to be competetive in PvP. You just gotta know your priorities ingame.

Anways... have fun.. :D

Posted

If you are looking to compete, you should look for games where there's no leveling, just skill based. But you will lose in those games as well cause the so called "no lifers" will beat you cause they have more time to practice and get good. 

So much this.

Posted

I will tell you something, which you already know probably. In the modern era of Internet (and everything it represents), gaming and especially online (MMOs, MOBAs etc) is all about what we now call "e-peen". I don't have to explain, do I?

To a sizable chunk of players this is the whole story, everything else derives from it. Hence the "no-lifing" and whatnot. And guess what, the industry is quite happy to oblige too. On the other hand, there is a huge number of "casuals" too. The industry is quite interested in them too, serious money to be made there as well.

However, no one is going to brainstorm and design "perfect games" that would be best for the one or the other category, so, more or less, you got everyone in one single pot, so guess who will eventually occupy the "top of the food chain".

In my eyes, this is how it is and how it will be. The "romantic times" of gaming and early "multi" environments are gone for good. Though there was always that element of "e-peen", however nowadays it has become the "ultimate goal".

Personally, I can find it annoying at times, and always know particular individuals in every game who can / will be the ultimate jerks, but to me my "online time" means entertainment to me, having fun and a good time, and preferably in good company. Any progress and "power" gained can of course be a plan and a journey, but not a "holy grail". To me anyways...

1 person likes this

Posted

- Wall Of Text -

Fam.

Do you honestly expect anyone to read your essays here.

If the game is too ahrd for you tthen don't play it. Don't blame the game blame the player. :^)

Posted

So much this.

Not really. You could play wow 12 hours and avarage rating is 1400. While there are people who keep 6 month brake come back play week and hit rank1

Posted

Not really. You could play wow 12 hours and avarage rating is 1400. While there are people who keep 6 month brake come back play week and hit rank1

cause wow is P2W

Posted

I know. xD  Just needed you to acknowledge it so I can suggest you not worry about other people's relationships if you have no point of reference.  It was all a conspiracy man.  Big brother is always watching

well i had 2 relationships, one 4 years second one 5 years, i live together with them, and in that time i didnt even think about playing an mmo, i mean common, go out and enjoy live when you have a partner, you work the whole day, and after that you come home, you sit in front of a pc for 4hours+ go to sleep and repeat?! i dont want to judge or anything, but i think its wierd in my opp...

Posted (edited)

@Jarnhand I know exactly what you mean...

I used to be a very hardcore no-lifer, in a point that I had to chose between my university studies or a professional gaming carrier (because I received a sponsorship contract from MSI).

Now everything that switched around and just playing semi-casual.

The only way to avoid getting behind from the majority of other players, is to be very informed about the game and find the way to grind as much silver as you can with the minimum effort. Do not worry about your character level as the most important thing is .... silver.

If you have the silver, you will get the gear and if you have the gear the leveling process will be extremely easy. How can you keep up in silver farming with the hardcore players?

The truth is you basically can't catch up 100%... but if you spend the time you play very efficiently you will be able to get more silver than most of the other casual players.

Will try to make this as short as possible. Follow the steps below and you will manage to gather tons of silver with just 2-3hours of gameplay per day.

1. Spend your CP efficiently

Use a map like http://black.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/map/ to check the secondary resources that can be obtained from nodes. Look for the high priced secondary items such as Powder of Earth, Platinum, Old Tree Bark etc.

Use Human Workers for nodes that you want the secondary materials. For the rest nodes use Giants. If you can only play the game for 3-4 hours per day and you can't use a remote control program such as TeamViewer (to basically press "Recover All + Repeat all) not even for 5 mins every 5 hours (I personally do that on my lunch break from my phone) , then use Giants for everything.

Avoid hiring workers that are not at least blue level or above. Promote your workers and try to get them to Professional/Artisan tier.

Spending about 70 CP should give you 1m to 1,5m per day net profit (this can go up to 2m+ if you keep feeding them beers in time and they don't stay inactive during the day much and have professional-artisan human/goblin workers).

2. Fish when you are not on the PC

Again use a map such as https://bdfishers.com/pages/map/ and afk fish at the golden hot spots. Depending on your max inventory slots you can get a lot of silver with afk fishing per day. With 120 inventory slots every "patch" would be worth close to 2m. Again if you use something like TeamViewer and manage to sell and go afk fishing again 2-3 times a day the profit is getting doubled-tripled etc.

3. Spend your Energy efficiently

This will require some of your active time per day. Make 2-3 alts and use their energy to craft beers.

On your main I would suggest you to spend energy on gathering and processing.

Spending energy on gathering is easy and can give a decent amount of silver. When you reach Professional level you will be able to make close to 2m per hour with gathering (now with the newly released Sharp/Hard Black Crystal Shards you will have a chance of making 1-2-3m more depending the RNG - keep these loots as their price will dramatically increase up to 1m-4m for each).

Look the prices for blood and skins on the Marketplace. See which tier 1 material sells for 2k silver and there is a shortage of them. 1 hour of gathering will give you about 2m profit.

4. Boss Scrolls

Every day get the daily boss scroll and every week the weekly. Even if you don't manage to use the scroll every day, try to get the scroll as you can use them all together another day (they have 7 days duration which means u can have up to 7). When u have time run the scrolls. 1 weekly boss scroll + 5 daily boss scrolls are worth about 2m silver (sell the junk materials to the proper vendors for increased silver earning - right click / Show NPC location) plus a bunch of Black Stones (armor+weapon) and also a chance to get boss armor.

These are some very basic things that will make you have a daily net profit of about 10m+ silver per day with minimum effort. They only require good organization, a smart phone with TeamViewer and a little bit of time spend 3-4 times per day.

Edited by Xandour

Posted

I will tell you something, which you already know probably. In the modern era of Internet (and everything it represents), gaming and especially online (MMOs, MOBAs etc) is all about what we now call "e-peen". I don't have to explain, do I?.

Tell that to people that are earning big money by playing games. 

The "e-peen" factor is just a statement used to describe people who like to brag about their achievements ingame. Mostly they brag about good things that happend to them IRL also. The best part is they are minority of the whole palyerbase of the whole MMO or w/e they are playing.

Posted

I love how you first say that all nolifers are "stupid af" and then get triggered by some random person that wrote a reply that wasn't even directed to you.

And then you get triggered by my reply to some random person, not directed to you. Shell we go in circles like that?

Posted

There's no such thing as "playing house", that's just ridiculous.

51NtmMK7OuL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg Warning: it's not an easy read.

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but being competitve for me is to earn $ in tournies.

Everything else is just "wannabe".

Sry for double post :/

Edited by Xao

Posted

short version: gear > skill, therefore nolifer > family man

Solution:

- other game: When I had less time I played "shorter" games. Wher I can finish my turn and I don't start in disadvantage next time. RTS, TBS. So, I chosed this game and spend many time on line. I find extra times. I failed. :D But this game categories are less time dependent. You can chose hack and slash or MOBA games too. Time investment is your choice. All games has starting and closing phase. You lose nothing if you are not on line sometimes.

- new servers, ladders, seasons: This is other "solution".  If you "lose" vs nolifers or you have less time or  you can spend many time in 1-2 days but less time in longer period this is good options. New season or server is "new chance". If you have less time you can play 1-2 days or weeks, months and have same chance than others. When you "lose" in the nolifer race and in gear upgrade race you can play for fun or play other games and return when new season/server start.

- balanced and controlled PvP area: equalized  armors/weapons and/or skills and buffs. This is good in other games too. Archeage has "'limited" access to this arena, but you can pay in game gold to play more. here is Red battlefield (?).  This is game in game. If you don't want to switch to other game but you want PvP this is good option.

Posted

Tell that to people that are earning big money by playing games. 

Not BDO for sure.

Posted

1. Spend your CP efficiently

Use a map like http://black.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/map/ to check the secondary resources that can be obtained from nodes. Look for the high priced secondary items such as Powder of Earth, Platinum, Old Tree Bark etc.

Use Human Workers for nodes that you want the secondary materials. For the rest nodes use Giants. If you can only play the game for 3-4 hours per day and you can't use a remote control program such as TeamViewer (to basically press "Recover All + Repeat all) not even for 5 mins every 5 hours (I personally do that on my lunch break from my phone) , then use Giants for everything.

Avoid hiring workers that are not at least blue level or above. Promote your workers and try to get them to Professional/Artisan tier.

Spending about 70 CP should give you 1m to 1,5m per day net profit (this can go up to 2m+ if you keep feeding them beers in time and they don't stay inactive during the day much and have professional-artisan human/goblin workers).

2. Fish when you are not on the PC

Again use a map such as https://bdfishers.com/pages/map/ and afk fish at the golden hot spots. Depending on your max inventory slots you can get a lot of silver with afk fishing per day. With 120 inventory slots every "patch" would be worth close to 2m. Again if you use something like TeamViewer and manage to sell and go afk fishing again 2-3 times a day the profit is getting doubled-tripled etc.

3. Spend your Energy efficiently

This will require some of your active time per day. Make 2-3 alts and use their energy to craft beers.

On your main I would suggest you to spend energy on gathering and processing.

Spending energy on gathering is easy and can give a decent amount of silver. When you reach Professional level you will be able to make close to 2m per hour with gathering (now with the newly released Sharp/Hard Black Crystal Shards you will have a chance of making 1-2-3m more depending the RNG - keep these loots as their price will dramatically increase up to 1m-4m for each).

Loot the prices for blood and skins on the Marketplace. See which tier 1 material sells for 2k silver and there is a shortage of them. 1 hour of gathering will give you about 2m profit.

4. Boss Scrolls

Every day get the daily boss scroll and every week the weekly. Even if you don't manage to use the scroll every day, try to get the scroll as you can use them all together another day (they have 7 days duration which means u can have up to 7). When u have time run the scrolls. 1 weekly boss scroll + 5 daily boss scrolls are worth about 2m silver (sell the junk materials to the proper vendors for increased silver earning - right click / Show NPC location) plus a bunch of Black Stones (armor+weapon) and also a chance to get boss armor.

These are some very basic things that will make you have a daily net profit of about 10m+ silver per day with minimum effort. They only require good organization, a smart phone with TeamViewer and a little bit of time spend 3-4 times per day.

This is quality information that I wish I'd had available to me when I first started, especially the CP bit, everyone bragged on the forums about their node empires and how much silver they can rake in, nobody explained what they were doing.

Another use for energy is move your alts to Altinova and use amity to get Grunil to sell, it's a pretty quick way to make 2 mill or so a day.

Posted

Not BDO for sure.

My post wasn't aimed at BDO as an example tho.

Posted (edited)

And then you get triggered by my reply to some random person, not directed to you. Shell we go in circles like that?

Yes please! <3

Nah, nah. I was just stating it as I found it quite entertaining. I wrote my real reply below.

Edited by Yuinasa

Posted

Sure thing, there are indeed people who earn a living or even some good money by being pro in certain games. Just like in card games, e.g. Magic the Gathering. Just like... chess.

We are talking about how many? A few dozen such persons? Among the endless millions of players... Okie dokie... And yeah of course, those professionals (without "s) are worth it every cent, and I am sure they couldn't care less to show off their "e-peen". Just like any professional in any profession and hob would do, since results and success speak for themselves.

Sadly MMOs (especially) are quite abundant with "pros" (who most of the time are quite vocal too), this is where the "e-peen" shines. My own explanation is simple: sporting a humungus "e-peen" where it doesn't matter, simply because they sadly can not be real pro where it matters. Most of the time where mechanisms and systems in games are messed up to favour expenditure of time (aka grind), accumulation of wealth / gear (aka grind), or even "P2W" (replace the previous with wallet power). So there you go, you have your classic "no lifer", or "P2W whale" or a combination of the two. "E-peen" much, substance not.

Posted

Valid point, and I partly agree. But the thing is the teens and the kids are not the players with money, the adults are. If the game publishers do not target the players with the money, they do not make any.

They did target players with money go to KR/JP/RU, you spend money there and you become god. Delete any need to grind or no life. Go there :)