• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Soloing higher end things - Guidance needed

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Now I can't for the love of me figure out what I am doing so wrong.

I'm at lvl 55 131\164 so I'd say fairly average, not ulti but full blued at least, in PVP I don't have that much of an issue anymore and do fairly OK, but in PVE, for some reason I utterly fail at life.. 

Tried googling and looking around but can't really see much of a help for solo PVE grinding \ farming, and with valencia soon coming around my failure will only multiply as mobs become even harder, I've maxed out my evasion as far as it goes too but generally, how in the world do you avoid getting hit?

In a group it is not as bad, but if I am alone, redmoon or any other ability that has me not move means I usually end up being half dead, and 200 pots vanish faster than I can manage to click them down :|

How do you play in PVE to not die and get instagibbed by normally hard hitting mobs, IE pirate island and around that level

Edited by Kezha

Posted

I've noticed that even when on par with DP, and even after buffs; Maewha/Musa still have lower internal DP than say, wizard.

Both of my cats take far more damage than my wizard does. I think it is fair this way, considering their evasive prowess.

Your entire game is movement.

That being said, my maewha, not musa, generally spam shift+Q and rmb+lmb.
Kills shit.

dash dash dash, repeat.

Posted

Now I can't for the love of me figure out what I am doing so wrong.

I'm at lvl 55 131\164 so I'd say fairly average, not ulti but full blued at least, in PVP I don't have that much of an issue anymore and do fairly OK, but in PVE, for some reason I utterly fail at life.. 

Tried googling and looking around but can't really see much of a help for solo PVE grinding \ farming, and with valencia soon coming around my failure will only multiply as mobs become even harder, I've maxed out my evasion as far as it goes too but generally, how in the world do you avoid getting hit?

In a group it is not as bad, but if I am alone, redmoon or any other ability that has me not move means I usually end up being half dead, and 200 pots vanish faster than I can manage to click them down :|

How do you play in PVE to not die and get instagibbed by normally hard hitting mobs, IE pirate island and around that level

step 1. theres nothing around the level of pirate island atm, you don't really wanna solo there either.... wait until +16-20

step 2. most of our farming is lacing blind thrust + dash canceling blooming mixed with redmoon and decapitation and back dashing into a back attack dragon bite/dragonclaw/lunar slash.

step 3. to avoid dmg, the main thing is just Shift Q has a frontal block and reduces dmg taken in general, along with dashing giving invuln and dmg reduction when on cooldown, u can also stun/feint certain high lvl mobs and ofc Q alone, block = nice... also.. if you dont have ultimate nemesis slash for the hp.. then ur gonna just have to keep chugging.

Posted

Hmm, then so far ive been doing it right, didnt know the pirates are actually +16 !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0