• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Late release of already available awakening weapons.

Do you want awakening weapons to be released with Valencia Part1?   1,106 votes

1. 1. Do you want awakening weapons to be released with Valencia Part1?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

341 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If they say were waiting for Kuno to be done which would be mid to late July b4 giving us awakening RIP the population of the game a majority of the class suck on this CC patch which was originally only designed for awakening wep classes we have already suffered this long and now they want us to wait even longer what are we gonna wait for Witch / Wizard too which would be Mid September at the best.... game would / will be dead if they did that. if they didnt give us this CC patch then ok I could see waiting but they literally launched with the worse patch ever for the majority of the classes. Valk, Warr, Giant, Blader, Plume needs their awakening weps to truly be relevant in large scale pvp, Ranger awakening is 1v1 hero and Sorc is alrdy a good class but the rest are mediocre at best. @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

Edited by Acover
4 people like this

Posted

Hello,

i know that there has been one or more thread posted about this, but i wanted to start a new one just to point out that this opinion is an opinion of a player who is investing a lot of time into this game and have been playing the game for more than a year and really does not want it to go down anytime soon.

To point this out at the very beginning this thread HAS NOTHING TO DO with PvP but PvE progression. This thread is all about personal progression and game enjoyment, that means solo game play in a sense.

As most of you guys might know already the awakening is a solution for the weak points of a class. For example Warrior, which is the class i play, has serious lack of grinding speed and continuous burst possibility. I grind with 145/182 stats, i am one of those top geared players and i still cannot solo grind nearly as close as how a Ranger can grind and this is going to become even worse with the Valencia hot grinding spots. (Centaur, Basilisk, Crescent) I have this problem as a hardcore player, i cannot imagine what would a normal player with about 90 AP do in Valencia or even in Mediah at lv. 54-56~ mob zones alone.

Let's talk about classes and grinding... Currently Ranger is the only class that is able to grind Valencia without awakening decently. We have every awakening released in Korea already expect Wizard/Witch, which our version already has. That is Berserker, Sorcereress, Warrior, Valkyrie, Musa/Blader, Maehwa/Plum and Tamer. It is said that you, Daum EU, is planning to release awakening all at once when all are available for balancing reasons ( http://i.imgur.com/LgwHXii.png ), which means at least September as it was stated that Wizard/Witch awakening is to be expected around that time or even later, based on my Korean guild mate's forum readings. That means instead of 8 classes only 1 class is going to be able to solo grind Valencia decently. Simply put CAN GRIND:CAN'T GRIND in Valencia top spots - 1:9 or 8:2. If we get the 1:9 rate that is going to be the unbalance itself not the 8:2. This is already the case as a Ranger can earn way more silver solo grinding than any other class which will result with better gear. This is an insane amount of players to be expected obviously, who is not going to be able to do almost anything in Valencia without being in group 24/7 which you cannot have always. And no, weakening the mobs won't fix this issue at all, perfect example is Sausan, rangers one-shot the weaker mobs with 150+ AP probably can with even lower.

Now let's talk about player base in general... It is to be expected, that people are hyped for their Awakening weapons as it is told by old players what a game changer it is. Now if people do not get their awakening they get disappointed, which high likely ends up with quitting. People quitting equals less income for Daum EU, which will result with f2p game and p2w cash shop at the end most likely. Released awakening weapons would bring more hype, motivation and new costumes with Awakening skins which will bring more money for Daum EU which will give less chance for the previous sentence to happen. You need to satisfy the majority of the community, which is with the awakening weapons for now, not all of them at once which is quite the impossible task.

Now let's talk about "end-game"... Yes it is coming, node wars and siege it is amazing! That means people are going to be more busy most likely, that will chain less grinding time of the already slow grinding speed without awakening weapon.

All my purpose here is to give a long life to the game and better enjoyment for the community in general basis. Do not delay problems that can be fixed already Daum EU.

As reference i would call @Nurold

Who can explain the difference between farming at Valencia without and with awakening.

And i hope that our CMs will direct this to the developers. @CM_Jouska

Thanks.

Keep in mind, this is potentially still accurate (outside of the classes obviously at this point).
http://dulfy.net/2016/03/30/black-desert-naeu-release-schedule-for-april-june/

But it would be nice if we could get anyone to confirm/deny if this is still at all accurate. I can speak for Warriors at least and say that We're going to suffer in Valencia content without our Greatsword awakening being available to us. Same probably goes for a few other classes, but I know for a fact that many of the balance issues people complain about and are annoyed with are generally solved with the release of Awakening Weapons for their particular class.

@CM_Jouska

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oneuproad pretty much nailed it with his thread that not only his opinion some class will sufer a lot from not having their Awakening, mobs in Valencia is not what you think they are very strong they do cc, can't be cc look at the video I linked its really not like Sausan or Pirate and downscaling content is not goind to help.

We have enough leeching grinding party with only Ranger give other class the efficiency they deserve when farming in pve not only alone but in group you can't make people leech more than the other;I don't understand this..

The interview from dulfy is old and they maybe changed their plan that why we ask for CM clarification.

Here the Basiliks Imagine without any greatsword skills no life leech it will be a pots feast

Edited by DatSync
1 person likes this

Posted

If they say were waiting for Kuno to be done which would be mid to late July b4 giving us awakening RIP the population of the game a majority of the class suck on this CC patch which was originally only designed for awakening wep classes we have already suffered this long and now they want us to wait even longer what are we gonna wait for Witch / Wizard too which would be Mid September at the best.... game would / will be dead if they did that. if they didnt give us this CC patch then ok I could see waiting but they literally launched with the worse patch ever for the majority of the classes. Valk, Warr, Giant, Blader, Plume needs their awakening weps to truly be relevant in large scale pvp, Ranger awakening is 1v1 hero and Sorc is alrdy a good class but the rest are mediocre at best. @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

This actually added an extra point. If you release awakening then you can release also the Kuno/Ninja, even more motivation for the people to play.

Posted (edited)

Oneuproad pretty much nailed it with his thread that not only his opinion some class will sufer a lot from not having their Awakening, mobs in Valencia is not what you think they are very strong they do cc, can't be cc look at the video I linked its really not like Sausan or Pirate and downscaling content is not goind to help.

We have enough leeching grinding party with only Ranger give other class the efficiency they deserve when farming in pve not only alone but in group you can't make people leech more than the other;I don't understand this..

The interview from dulfy is old and they maybe changed their plan that why we ask for CM clarification.

Here the Basiliks Imagine without any greatsword skills no life leech it will be a pots feast

This is solo.

You can farm them in group without awakening (and even solo).

Edited by Darkhain

Posted (edited)

Probably valid points about difficulty. If we get a unadjusted import from KR that is... which by no means is certain or confirmed/denied yet.

Still, I voted no for release of awakening weapons - yes, as of now it would probably only affect witch/wizard. And I dont know about ninja and its female counterpart - do they have their awakening yet in KR?

Anyway... for all at once - or for nobody. And for the record, I do not play a wizard/witch at all.

Edited by tengri

Posted

This is solo.

And the post is about self progression.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is solo.

We don't want to rely on ranger group for life

Edited by DatSync

Posted

Guys none of the GM on this forum actually play the game that's why they wont release awakening because they don't know all the other glasses are gimped 

Posted

Guys none of the GM on this forum actually play the game that's why they wont release awakening because they don't know all the other glasses are gimped 

Jouska was playing and still is playing as far as i know, only person i know about though.

Posted

Jouska was playing and still is playing as far as i know, only person i know about though.

won't count that as playing probably not even 56 or tried to solo sausan cuz rangers can solo sausan super easy

Posted

This is solo.

you know farming in groups damages your character in the long run right ?

Posted

won't count that as playing probably not even 56 or tried to solo sausan cuz rangers can solo sausan super easy

As long as he has a better/right idea of the depth of the game then i do not care how hardcore he was/is.

1 person likes this

Posted

Essentially what it comes down to is:

DAUM IS GIMPING EVERYONE BECAUSE WIZARDS DON'T HAVE AWAKENING

One class is really going to ruin it for everyone?  How long are warriors going to get shit on before they finally get the edge to be actually competitive?  This is garbage - the game already feels dead AF even on Edan (the "populous" server) and I would imagine 50% of the pop would be gone by August if it took that long.

You CANNOT grind Valencia with Sword and Board warr or Axes Zerker, it'd be impossible to solo BS dailies.

1 person likes this

Posted

-- snip --

I can confirm pretty much everything you said. There are classes that just heavily rely on a new skillset, on a new playstyle to combat these new and tougher monsters. From a veteran warrior point of view, I see the following problems:

Sword and shield skills have utter garbage accuracy

This means, to deal "decent" damage to monsters, you'd have to use Vangertz shield which gives accuracy but only DP per enchant until +15. Keep in mind: Many monsters will be purple and ESPECIALLY for warrior that's a problem since we heavily rely on accuracy until boss gloves. We can swap to an AP offhand once we get enough accuracy from Bheg gloves but what are the chances? And can you really expect that from a casual player or someone who has bad luck with drops? No, he has to stick around with Vangertz until a miracle happens.

Sword and shield skills have utter gargabe range

Basically, warriors (and 1 or 2 other classes) have a very bad range on top of the very weak attacks, meaning you have to pull the mobs infront of your shield, roll behind them for the extra Backattack damage and then use your slow-ass skills compared to a ranger and wizzard who can throw out very powerful AoE's into packs of mobs. Our kill-speed will be ridiciously low i. e. less XP, less money and loot compared to classes that clean the whole area twice or thrice as fast without breaking a sweat. I asked my Korean guildmates (who played other classes) how much money they make with grinding and it was always way much more than me.

Can we solo ANYTHING in Valencia? Yes ofc, though group-play will be almost necessary for farming XP. However, you want to farm solo for example for the BiS AP belt at basilisks and that's just tedious with sword&shield. Yes, I said solo because you wouldn't make a party to grind Ogre for the necklace, would you? And solo is a piece of cake for classes such as Rangers and Wizzards with their strong skills since basilisks are very slow.

Is there really an argument AGAINST releasing the awakenings? I say no. Why? The only classes that don't have an awakening yet are wizzard&witch, ninja&kunoichi. If you think we'll have a big advantage over you then you are mistaken. Wizzards/Witches won't have any trouble at all in Valencia with their slows, AoEs, buffs and heals. Ninja/Kunoichi would be the only ones that could complain but they're not even released yet. By the time they got "reworked" (whatever that means), both will have their awakenings out. So let's say we get Ninja and Kunoichi in July; Ninja awakening will be released in KR at the same time prolly but you'll be busy leveling your Ninja/Kunoichi to 56 anyway which will surely take a few weeks -> Kunoichi awakening will be ready by then aswell so you have your class lv 56, ready for the fresh awakening.

Honestly I only see positive sides in releasing the awakenings (especially for warrior) with Valencia. This will surely make life easier for the slowest PvE class (warriors) and it will be a breath of fresh air since ppl will get tired of their current skillset. Handing them out before siege/nodewars will be fantastic because you're giving players a reason to train hard to master their awakenings and be prepared for the big, meaningful fights.

Also keep in mind, we only have the 5 second CC immunity because Korea implemented it soon AFTER warrior awakening. Our version has the immunity aswell which heavily struck classes such a berserker, valkyrie, musa/maehwa and warrior. Add the terrible desync and grab-bug to that. Every warrior can tell you how frustrating it is to deal with CC immunity + heavy desync + grab bug + low burst damage.

19 people like this

Posted (edited)

no one heard of balance O.o

so the 2 classes that doesnt have awakenings just need to be utterly rolfstomped by every one else? :P seems like a legit question here ;)

I explained balance with the 1:9 - 8:2 rate. Even though Wizard/Witch is hardly the class that is out of balance here, they are only out of balance when it comes to 1v1. In big-scale and PvE they are godlike.

But i guess it is balanced when you insta cast meteor and blizzard people.

Edited by Oneuproad
2 people like this

Posted

no one heard of balance O.o

so the 2 classes that doesnt have awakenings just need to be utterly rolfstomped by every one else? :P seems like a legit question here ;)

In KR wizards do not get "roflstomped" and TBH the bullshit we've had to put up with - 1shot blizzards and meteors?  They deserve to be a weak class for a month.

Posted

This was the one thing I was most hyped about in this update -_-

Posted

This was the one thing I was most hyped about in this update -_-

Yeah same for me there..

---

Thanks for the input, its even worst than what I was thinking then.

1 person likes this

Posted

If they're not going to release Awakened Weapons with Valencia then anyone plays any class other than Ranger/Wizard/Witch may as well just re-roll or quit.  They're all going to be miles ahead with how much money/xp/loot they can grind alone.

I for one have no intention of re-rolling classes.  I'm not interested in anything else but Warrior.  If they can't release Awakened Weapons so things are actually balanced I'll just be quitting and moving on to greener pastures.  Maybe when they finally get around to giving Warriors a reason to play I'll come back.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think Awaken weapons  (IE;  SIDEWAYS progression or "side grading") should have been a much bigger priority than +20 enchanting and it's really the only thing I can think of this month that I'm really disappointed in Daum for not figuring out ahead of time.  I think the +20 additional Treadmill is only pandering to the top 1% players and even if that's entirely what the game is about in Korea, it's not what the game should be about in NA & EU

It sticks out like a sore thumb P.R.-wise... I'd almost say it paints them as being completely Tone-Deaf to what more casual players might want even though they claim the drop rate of blackstones in general was increased to help out Core players and casuals.  I just only see them basing their current strategy around Elite players right now and I think they need to do more to reverse that image before word of mouth paints them any further into that corner

Edited by iller
2 people like this

Posted

I think Awaken weapons  (IE;  SIDEWAYS progression or "side grading") should have been a much bigger priority that +20 enchanting and it's really the only thing I can think of this month that I'm really disappointed in Daum for not figuring out ahead of time.  I think the +20 additional Treadmill is only pandering to the top 1% players and even if that's entirely what the game is about in Korea, it's not what the game should be about in NA & EU

Let's talk about how there are people who actually think we SHOULDN'T get awakenings yet...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Let's talk about how there are people who actually think we SHOULDN'T get awakenings yet...

I dunno ... I mean... their claimed justification when framed in a strawman argument is basically that if the Ninja can't have theirs, then no one should get theirs

Is that the gist of it?  ...but what if there really are a couple that are hands down imbalanced in KR too?  We know that MegaMan Handcannon is a little too good even if it makes the class using it live up to their name.  And what happens if Wizard orbs end up not being Garbo and they're rushed out also?  Wizards the most OP class already when you're talking long term meta of the game.  And that's before even considering their bonus interactions with Mounts.

Let's not round up every complaint in the same camp when we know from current experience that a lot of things in this game could have benefited from a few more months of polishing.

Edited by iller
2 people like this

Posted

In KR wizards do not get "roflstomped" and TBH the bullshit we've had to put up with - 1shot blizzards and meteors?  They deserve to be a weak class for a month.

None play wizard in KR, cause it has no substain dmg, only big CD and no they don't OS.