• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

MEGASERVER / SERVER MERGE BEFORE SIEGES

MEGASERVER / Server Merge ( 1 server per region )   176 votes

1. 1. Do you support server merge ( please read post bellow before voting )

• Yes
    • No ( and will explain why )
    • Don't care, show me results

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Personally I was for multiple server structure where the hope was we will have actually separate infrastructure and each server with 3 to 5 channels.
What we got is "fake" separate servers that is actually a mega server where the characters are just locked characters into specific channels ( eg A1 for alustin, C for Croxus, J for Jordine etc..

The main reason why we wanted multiple server structure was to avoid lags/desyncs (and have less channels etc..)  but with current one that is not the case and its clearly it will stay that way.
NOTE: Lag/Desync wise it does not matter if they allow characters to move between all existing channels (across all 3 current servers) as its already megaserver, just soft lock.

So with that in mind there is no reason to have 3 separate servers for each region and it would be best to merge ( just unlock ) into mega server before sieges start. It will be much more annoying for player base to do merge once all the nodes and castles have ownership. 

In the long run we know server will be merged as for example in EU Alustin and Croxus are way underpopulated. 

From technical standpoint you could just unlock channels so players can switch trough for example Valencia A1, C1,J1 and this can be done within regular Wednesday maintenance timeframe. 

@CM_Jouska is this something Daum even considers ? 

Edited by IKShadow
4 people like this

Posted

At this point we already have a mega server they just seperated it into 3 hubs.

Just do what we already have and make a fully functional mega server without 3 seperated "channels" named server.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly i dont care either way im pretty neutral in this issue, but i play on jordine and not the other servers tho.

Posted

YES, why?
MEGASERVER will be implemented anyway, the game is already running on MEGASERVER, we are just blocked ins wonabe "servers".
A and C can grinde up and gear up easyer + the AH prices are lower than on J.
With that in Mind, is it Fair to not give us the MEGASERVER now and not later?
So ppl can gear up faster and grinde without having to PVP all the time on C and A, and then 10 months later give them MEGASERVER so that players from J. have a even harder time catching up....

Posted (edited)

Its not just about unlocking, what about people with multiple characters on different servers(ive 8 chars on each server, will I have 24 after the merge)? and what about different items and pricing on different servers?

And lets say they did the merger, what would be the benefit of this merger anyway? For example Jordine is more crowded than others, with the merge it will be even more crowded, why would anyone want that? Or if you want jordine to be less crowded, then you should be requesting extra channels for jordine or move to a less crowded server.

From what ive seen most people are happy with their servers.

Edited by Zen
1 person likes this

Posted

All the valencia channels should be removed

1 person likes this

Posted

pls megasever

Posted

The sieges are coming very soon, even if they merge today there will still be chaos.

Posted

I can see the benefit of this, but I also see the chaos. I'm on Uno on the NA side of things and we get tons of lag during peak hours on the server. So if we merged Edan and Orwen, I can only imagine the lag-tastic disaster that would create. There would have to be one helluva great system capable of hosting such large numbers in order for it to run smoothly. I mean, unless I'm barking up the wrong tree and people are only thinking of this from the EU side.

Posted

I can see the benefit of this, but I also see the chaos. I'm on Uno on the NA side of things and we get tons of lag during peak hours on the server. So if we merged Edan and Orwen, I can only imagine the lag-tastic disaster that would create. There would have to be one helluva great system capable of hosting such large numbers in order for it to run smoothly. I mean, unless I'm barking up the wrong tree and people are only thinking of this from the EU side.

What people are missing in this thread is it's already all done on ONE server, the "servers" we see are just portions of the main server, this would not affect lag in a detrimental way, the only thing this would do is affect player distribution and therefore item prices/grind spots/sieges, I'm for this but I think it may put the Jordine guilds behind the others due to the player distribution on other servers being smaller, this means they gear faster and level up faster due to the lack of PvP threat, whereas on Jordine it's harder to gear because of the quantity of players.

Posted

What people are missing in this thread is it's already all done on ONE server, the "servers" we see are just portions of the main server, this would not affect lag in a detrimental way, the only thing this would do is affect player distribution and therefore item prices/grind spots/sieges, I'm for this but I think it may put the Jordine guilds behind the others due to the player distribution on other servers being smaller, this means they gear faster and level up faster due to the lack of PvP threat, whereas on Jordine it's harder to gear because of the quantity of players.

What he said and the thing is we all know server merge into mega server is coming sooner or later so why postpone, do it before siege start to avoid the cluster ----- of taking castles and nodes from guilds later on.

1 person likes this

Posted

What he said and the thing is we all know server merge into mega server is coming sooner or later so why postpone, do it before siege start to avoid the cluster ----- of taking castles and nodes from guilds later on.

To be honest I think Jordine should get a loot increase for a period before the merge so we can catch up, or at the very least make the auction house spread across the 3 servers to give us a chance to buy the drops/gear at the Alustin/Croxus prices.

Posted

did your gf joined the wrong server or what ?¿

3 people like this

Posted

tiger.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

To be honest I think Jordine should get a loot increase for a period before the merge so we can catch up, or at the very least make the auction house spread across the 3 servers to give us a chance to buy the drops/gear at the Alustin/Croxus prices.

Nice joke m8 :3

Posted

Nice joke m8 :3

How is it not a valid option?

Posted

I think they should just offer server transfer coupons instead for those who want to transfer to heavier populated servers fir sieges and what not.  If you merged them all, there would be a ton of lag due to all the wagons/horses/etc that get left around and from all the people afk fishing/training/strength training.  Not to mention, that would open up RPers to more ganking issues than there already are (and it's really not that bad currently), when they picked what might keep them the most away from all of that.  There are also those folks that enjoy being on under populated servers as well.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So why limit it... lets merge US and EU aswell

Ofc servers are in amsterdam

Edited by Nebucadneza

Posted

I agree with merguing, this is becoming so annoying _-_ 

Posted

Some of the people here seriously dont seem to get it or just didnt read the first post. according to the op we ... already ... have ... a ... megaserver. Every "Server" like Jordine, Alustin etc. is not a Server in itself, they are just a cluster on the server. There is only ONE Server with channels like jordine, with subchannels like balenos j1. unlocking the possibility to Change channels and subchannels would NOT affect anything like lag, desync and whatnot cause everything is already running on one Server. it would just even out the populations and prevent butthurtism in the future.

Posted

THIS!

Posted

giphy.gif

Posted

So why limit it... lets merge US and EU aswell

Ofc servers are in amsterdam

Letz merge all the regions too, whats next merge the game with wow?

Posted

Some of the people here seriously dont seem to get it or just didnt read the first post. according to the op we ... already ... have ... a ... megaserver. Every "Server" like Jordine, Alustin etc. is not a Server in itself, they are just a cluster on the server. There is only ONE Server with channels like jordine, with subchannels like balenos j1. unlocking the possibility to Change channels and subchannels would NOT affect anything like lag, desync and whatnot cause everything is already running on one Server. it would just even out the populations and prevent butthurtism in the future.

It affects it with FPS and the game gets clunky the more you put more people in one area.  That's what I mean by lag.  If you throw them all together and make things further more populated in one area, then it's just going to get worse.

Posted

It affects it with FPS and the game gets clunky the more you put more people in one area.  That's what I mean by lag.  If you throw them all together and make things further more populated in one area, then it's just going to get worse.

But instead of 36 channels spread across 3 shards it would just be 36 channels on one server, which is basically what it is now except they lock characters etc to alustin/croxus/jordine shards, the player density would get better not worse as the more populated Jordine channels would be pushed into the less populated Croxus/Alustin channels.