• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Fix the OP sorcs in Battlefield ....

297 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

At this point, any medium geared as in 120ish Sorc at 55 can kill just about anyone in battle field.   They need not fear anything but a lucky stun.

A highly geared sorc can iframe/teleport right through all the ranks, and kill every last person in the back with no fear of stun.  If someone does do damage, they then teleport away safely with no problem.  For those sorcs out there about to tell me this isn't true, I have many battle field wins and losses, please take your save my OP class for another forum.

It will take 3 or 4 people to kill a Sorc, where the sorc will almost always 100%, have the high score in the game.  Always top 2 either way.  They escape all damage, teleport from prone, clip animations to just teleport around at will killing everyone. 

What is the point of this game if there is 0 balance, there is no rock for those scissors, and everyone is just paper before them. 

They have OP teleport ability.

They have OP Ranged knockdown.

They have OP single shots that from range that one shots lower levels most the time.

They can clip animations and move around the field full of enemies killing at will.

They can always poof behind or to your side to get back damage on you, even if the knockdown fails.

###

Simply nerfing AP by 10 is hilarious, into imbecilic really.  It does 0 for the actual problem. 

If I can teleport all over and always be behind people and always having a non stop AE knockdown?

Suggestions:

1. +1 second to teleport spell they use.
  2. Do not let SORC teleport if the are being damaged, period.
  3. Nerf the world bosses where the highest damage, almost always a sorc, sometimes a ranger, gets the only good drops.

Right now the sorc is a one man spawn room camp or win for any team if they have 150+ gear, and good crystals.

Any class that takes 4-6 people of same level, to actually kill, is not a balanced class, I do not care how you try to explain it, this has to be fixed.   This class is a huge balance issue.

Is the vision to only see is Sorcs and Rangers play?   You don't believe me?  Get your +15 upgraded gear and go into Battle field for a few nights, fighting them.  If you can't then don't speak.

Edited by Barrent
30 people like this

Posted

Daum and PA don't know the meaning of this fix word.

8 people like this

Posted

Even my Residual Lightning will rarely hit them and that's the only spell I can use against them. I have 161 DP and I go down in 2 seconds or less.

Btw, in my last battle field, I saw a sorc with over 350 points, I am glad that sorc on my team, but for a whole 8 minutes, no dead for that sorc, that said it much.

Posted

Sorcs are currently one of the most OP classes in PvP. They deal a lot of damage, I am fine with that, but due to their constant iframing/desyncing/whatever they are freaking TANKS aswell. You can't have both the best damage and be a freaking mobile TANK at the same time. 

6 people like this

Posted

You can't have both the best damage and be a freaking mobile TANK at the same time. 

tell that to the sorcs !

3 people like this

Posted

tell that to the sorcs !

I do, u know what they say?

git gud

7 people like this

Posted

Sorcs are the only class I can accidentally kill by clipping them while in a crowd with Will of the Wind on RB and actually notice. Will of the Wind spam alone only works because they have trash gear, and many of them are unskilled players who spam Night Crow without watching their stamina, and will occasionally get caught out doing a roll. Why do I noticed I've killed them? Because I've suddenly got 50 more points. Any class whereby a player can iframe into a crowd, assassinate a high scoring enemy player in a one or two second burst, and the iframe out with impunity, despite having trash gear, is obviously overpowered in the extreme.

2 people like this

Posted

Do people seriously give a crap about battle field mechanics?  

1 person likes this

Posted

Well i heard they suck in PvE so some classes have easier to gear up some harder but in the end gear>skill>class

Posted

Do people seriously give a crap about battle field mechanics?  

This isn't battlefield mechanics, nice distraction.  This is PVP, team deathmatch over and over.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm rolling one out of curiosity and holy shit, their skills are amazing. The teleport is superfast to use, I didn't think it was SO good. It's a pity that the class is gender locked...fricking developers..

Posted (edited)

Well i heard they suck in PvE so some classes have easier to gear up some harder but in the end gear>skill>class

Sorcs are one of the best World boss farmers and they are definately not worse at grinding mobs than other classes. So they are actually getting gear easier than other classes, while being OP aswell.

Edited by Wexoch
4 people like this

Posted

A huge part of this game is built around PvP, whether via individual world PvP, GvG, Node Wars and Sieges, or Battlefield. Moreover, this is simply a glaring bug that was not intended.

The way sorcs currently work they are able to avoid the key mechanics of the game, unbalancing the entire system.

2 people like this

Posted

Sorcs are the only class I can accidentally kill by clipping them while in a crowd with Will of the Wind on RB and actually notice. Will of the Wind spam alone only works because they have trash gear, and many of them are unskilled players who spam Night Crow without watching their stamina, and will occasionally get caught out doing a roll. Why do I noticed I've killed them? Because I've suddenly got 50 more points. Any class whereby a player can iframe into a crowd, assassinate a high scoring enemy player in a one or two second burst, and the iframe out with impunity, despite having trash gear, is obviously overpowered in the extreme.

BWAHAHAHAH This^

I'm like WTF where did I get all them points from and become worth so much?

1 person likes this

Posted

tell that to the sorcs !

xD

Posted

Oh look, it's this thread again. Time for all of the braindead sheep to come out and jump on the "DURR SORC OP AT EVERYTHING!!" bandwagon.

Sorc is an assassin, it should have high damage and high mobility. It should not have a block, it should not be able to buff its team, and Night Crow currently has too low of a stamina cost which makes the class too forgiving.

Revert the 10AP buff so Q gives +30 AP again. Make the Q buff only apply to the sorc that cast it. Reduce the duration of Q. Increase the stamina cost on Night Crow. Remove the block on Dark Flame.

Bam, done. Sorc now has enough damage to function as an assassin and it requires a lot more skill to play (higher stamina cost = less iframe = can't just spam them whenever you feel like it. Lower duration on Q = smaller time frame with extremely high AP in which you can blow up a squishy).

If all you can do is cry about iframes or the fact that an ASSASSIN can blow up a SQUISHY (don't feed me this bullshit about how they can 1-shot any class. You're full of shit) then shut up because you're a moron and shouldn't have a say in how to balance anything.

If half of you dumbasses on this forum had a say in changes to sorc you'd probably nerf the damage and remove the iframes, leaving it a squishy melee DPS with virtually no survivability and no chance of taking down the wizards/witches sitting in the back killing everybody. Then you would all come cry about how OP wizards/witches are because they sit in the back doing a bunch of damage and no class it able to get past the CC of frontline classes to stop them.

tldr; Sorc is an assassin. It needs iframes and it needs extremely high damage so that it can get to the backline and blow up squishy targets. No, it can't 1-shot every class, you're a liar. Increase the cost on Night Crow and make some minor tweaks and then the class will be balanced. Don't nerf their damage.

8 people like this

Posted

what do you mean fix sorc, we don't let classes into this game unless they are perfectly balanced so the class must be fine

Posted (edited)

Oh look, it's this thread again. Time for all of the braindead sheep to come out and jump on the "DURR SORC OP AT EVERYTHING!!" bandwagon.

Sorc is an assassin, it should have high damage and high mobility. It should not have a block, it should not be able to buff its team, and Night Crow currently has too low of a stamina cost which makes the class too forgiving.

Revert the 10AP buff so Q gives +30 AP again. Make the Q buff only apply to the sorc that cast it. Reduce the duration of Q. Increase the stamina cost on Night Crow. Remove the block on Dark Flame.

Bam, done. Sorc now has enough damage to function as an assassin and it requires a lot more skill to play (higher stamina cost = less iframe = can't just spam them whenever you feel like it. Lower duration on Q = smaller time frame with extremely high AP in which you can blow up a squishy).

If all you can do is cry about iframes or the fact that an ASSASSIN can blow up a SQUISHY (don't feed me this bullshit about how they can 1-shot any class. You're full of shit) then shut up because you're a moron and shouldn't have a say in how to balance anything.

If half of you dumbasses on this forum had a say in changes to sorc you'd probably nerf the damage and remove the iframes, leaving it a squishy melee DPS with virtually no survivability and no chance of taking down the wizards/witches sitting in the back killing everybody. Then you would all come cry about how OP wizards/witches are because they sit in the back doing a bunch of damage and no class it able to get past the CC of frontline classes to stop them.

tldr; Sorc is an assassin. It needs iframes and it needs extremely high damage so that it can get to the backline and blow up squishy targets. No, it can't 1-shot every class, you're a liar. Increase the cost on Night Crow and make some minor tweaks and then the class will be balanced. Don't nerf their damage.

Bullshit.

They can deal their damage at a very consistent rate. AKA still broken.

I'm fine with an assassin that can kill people quickly. But guess what, I'd like to discuss sustained damage output vs blade / plum if you think Sorc is anything Okay.

Not to mention, if they can sustain their silly high damage after they burn through their iframes (stam regens FAST.)
If a class can kill without recourse (other than valk / war) a good Sorc can reasonably do this, unless you get a lucky dodge. Then it needs to be on a lengthy CD.

Not to mention the bullshit that is their mobility. See here is my issue. Even reducing the number of dodges they can make, they still EAT CC and Damage. IMO convert all iframes to Super armor like they did on the Blader/Plum. Heck nerf Super armor a little. AT LEAST THERE IS PUNISHEMENT from taking attacks instead of completely wasting people's attacks because HAR HAR HAR Desync + iframes = iframes that last longer then they have any right to.

ALSO FIX THE -----ING I CAN SKIP OUT OF A PORTION OF CC bullshit. I've had CC that HITS and DOES DAMAGE, but boop they teleport THROUGH the CC portion. Broken, bugged, and benefiting from it. 

Edited by Alakuu
3 people like this

Posted

Bullshit.
They can deal their damage at a very consistent rate. AKA still broken.

I'm fine with an assassin that can kill people quickly. But guess what, I'd like to discuss sustained damage output vs blade / plum if you think Sorc is anything Okay.

Not to mention, if they can sustain their silly high damage then that also is a problem.
If a class can kill without recourse (other than valk / war) a good Sorc can reasonably do this, unless you get a lucky dodge. Then it needs to be on a lengthy CD.

Not to mention the bullshit that is their mobility. See here is my issue. Even reducing the number of dodges they can make, they still EAT CC and Damage. IMO convert all iframes to Super armor like they did on the Blader/Plum. Heck nerf Super armor a little. AT LEAST THERE IS PUNISHEMENT from taking attacks instead of completely wasting people's attacks because HAR HAR HAR Desync + iframes = iframes that last longer then they have any right to.

ALSO FIX THE -----ING I CAN SKIP OUT OF A PORTION OF CC bullshit. I've had CC that HITS and DOES DAMAGE, but boop they teleport THROUGH the CC portion. Broken, bugged, and benefiting from it. 

So basically punish Sorc because of desync.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love the excuses sorcs come up with as to why they're not OP. Stuff like how if they spam teleport then they run out of stamina and can't use it anymore and managing stamina is such a complicated task. Even heard a few times that sorcs are just SO much harder to play than other classes so they should be OP and everyone who isn't a sorc expects to win just by button mashing... Had one sorc in my guild tell me that he once attacked a berserker at ogres who kept doing little hit and run attacks on the sorc, eventually the sorc in my guild got bored of this and left. He used this crap to make out as if the berserker won and therefore they were balanced.

I really do think that sorcs should just be nerfed into oblivion for a bit just to punish them for all the crap they come out with.  

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So basically punish Sorc because of desync.

Punish? Nope. Fix all of it. The fact of the matter is the Iframes are too strong already. Super armor = no CC other then grapple. AND ~80% damage reduction. A minor nerf, but fair in reality. The fact that every single RBG is won based on Sorcs living / dying is bullshit. Out of the last 10 I've not seen a sorc under 200 points. Some with terrible gear / levels.

To explain further, fix whatever is unique about sorc teleport that lets it skip out of CC (why should a hit do damage but not the CC? If you are invisible you shouldn't take damage either)..
Fix desync extending the period of the iframes. (Yep it punishes Sorcs by making them less strong, THEY'RE GAINING A UNFAIR ADVANTAGE NOT MEANT TO EXIST.)
Fix the damage output. Ranger might need to see something as well. Or you know, actually fix the other *assassinisk classes?*

I cannot tank a world boss hit with super armor. Fair. No one can.

Sorcs can because of iframes. Why is this uniquely okay?

Edited by Alakuu

Posted

Sorc in crimson BG ? not really a problem.

if something need to be done for crimson, it would be Wiz/Witch first

2 people like this

Posted

Sorc in crimson BG ? not really a problem.

if something need to be done for crimson, it would be Wiz/Witch first

Funny, as a plum I am capable of reasonably harassing wiz/witch.

You know what happens when I actually do my job? Sorcs sitting at 200-350+points. Game swings every single time one dies. Never seen witch/wiz pull more then 150-200points for long, and likely its just 1 or 2 on a team.

I guess I'll start taking screenshots to "shame" the point spread.

Posted

Roll one then. Get rekt, then quit because you realize you're just terribad. Problem solved.

2 people like this

Posted

Roll one then. Get rekt, then quit because you realize you're just terribad. Problem solved.

What do you say to the many that have turned around done as you've said and laughed at how broken they are?