• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game feels alot empiter/deader

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone made a leveled a new char recently? Game feels rather dead nowadays

ALso on my level 55 We couldn't fill my pirate island group (Kuit)

Posted

Apart from the wagons clogging the streets.

1 person likes this

Posted

Apart from the wagons clogging the streets.

AFK is the way to play. :P

As for it being emptier, what do you expect? Daum's not made any move to fix the game in regards to desyncs and bots/hackers. A CM/GM showing up every once in a while to ban a singular disruptive hacker at a world boss is not the same as them going to Skeles/Treants and banning the 5+ bots on every channel. Since real players can't compete with cheaters, there's no point to keep trying.

5 people like this

Posted

hype went down. western can't handle grinding. this is 2016. there's social media, netflix, better games etc. to waste time on. all the old players / people who knew about the game have played it and rapidly quitting due to game problems. new players can't handle the grind or understand the game so there's only few. 

2 people like this

Posted

Just join a tavern and talk with the NPCs, In this game ppl mind their own business, solo farming, solo fishing, solo lvling, solo pking :P

Maybe sieges will change something maybe not!

latest?cb=20120511203041

Posted

haha ye this game is for most people either: work you ass of for your guild or time to go afk or I am a lone wolf and do all by myself....

Good that I have a rather small guild with me that is atleast talking with each other compared to the guild we split off from that thinks it can compete in node wars but will get utterly destroyed if it keeps up like when we left haha

Posted

that's just how your guild is, mine is hooping with 70 members and we have 2+ groups running every night.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is always busy where i travel. Today, at the skellies, i had people try to take over my spot, as i worked on a quest. They did not ask to group or want to share, just tried to tag everything first. I am not a carebear, so, took one to 20 percent as a warning, lol. I would have gladly grouped. When i finally left, a ranger was waiting to take over, and again, they just waited for me to finish, instead of joining. I am obviosly not anti-social, but oh well. 

Posted

Time to close some channels, fishing hotspots and grinding spots are empty. Now on Jordine there so beer on market, I see this for first time.

Posted (edited)

I think BDO's biggest obstacle in NA/EU as well as the other regions is that it's difficult to attract new players.

Any new player joining the game will have to grind up in a singleplayer experience because there aren't many lowbies anymore and you don't need to group. You've never had to group while leveling, but the areas were packed back closer to launch so it at least felt like you were playing with others.

But after that new player levels on their own to 45, suddenly they are thrust into PvP severely weaker than the vast majority of 45+ players. They'll have a fair amount of work to do just to avoid getting one-shot in any conflict in grinding areas, or they'll be dealing with the terrible state of the auction house to try to gear up that way.

All in all it's a daunting task for anyone new to join in. Grind on your own then be the weak punching bag for other players for your first month... not very appealing. Especially when you combine that with the "hur hur git gud" community you frequently run into both on the forums and ingame.

Without being able to attract those new players, the players who leave aren't being replaced.

Edited by scau
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your new nickname: Angry Banana Nutty Bread

Edited by Tillerzz

Posted

I think BDO's biggest obstacle in NA/EU as well as the other regions is that it's difficult to attract new players.

Any new player joining the game will have to grind up in a singleplayer experience because there aren't many lowbies anymore and you don't need to group. You've never had to group while leveling, but the areas were packed back closer to launch so it at least felt like you were playing with others.

But after that new player levels on their own to 45, suddenly they are thrust into PvP severely weaker than the vast majority of 45+ players. They'll have a fair amount of work to do just to avoid getting one-shot in any conflict in grinding areas, or they'll be dealing with the terrible state of the auction house to try to gear up that way.

All in all it's a daunting task for anyone new to join in. Grind on your own then be the weak punching bag for other players for your first month... not very appealing. Especially when you combine that with the "hur hur git gud" community you frequently run into both on the forums and ingame.

Without being able to attract those new players, the players who leave aren't being replaced.

Indeed this. I cannot imagine how narrominded one has be to think that kind of crap will pass on a western market full of angsty, badly raised teenagers who never learned to share anything. Like throwing a rabbit into a den of rabid wolves and telling him "git gud".

1 person likes this

Posted

Indeed this. I cannot imagine how narrominded one has be to think that kind of crap will pass on a western market full of angsty, badly raised teenagers who never learned to share anything. Like throwing a rabbit into a den of rabid wolves and telling him "git gud".

This game will empty out more once Bless hits the western market and people realize they can PK and do all the nasty stuff you can't do here.

2 people like this

Posted

Game has more than a few problems, is unpolished when it comes to a myriad of small but annoying things, doesn't cater to the Western playerbase, offers poor communication with the publisher/developers and poorer support, and is a blatant cash grab. No one could see it coming, that it would burn out within the first few months.

Posted (edited)

This game will empty out more once Bless hits the western market and people realize they can PK and do all the nasty stuff you can't do here.

I really doubt any game can last very long if it only relies on players who want to do nasty stuff.

Edited by Kat
4 people like this

Posted

...doesn't cater to the Western playerbase...

this is part of the problem. It is not made with the selfish upbringing of this generation in mind. It is made for a respectful and mature group of people that know how to work together. To cater to the westerm market, in this sense, everything needs to become easy, heavily ruled, and constant hand holding. I like this game because it is not like that. I do not need happy bunny fluffy fun; I want something that takes more than ten minutes to master.

2 people like this

Posted

Are you serious with Bless online? Haha, that game will got no chance in EU/Na

Posted

Just join a tavern and talk with the NPCs, In this game ppl mind their own business, solo farming, solo fishing, solo lvling, solo pking :P

Maybe sieges will change something maybe not!

latest?cb=20120511203041

Indeed. Playing a MMO like a solo-game is the stupiest thing someone can do.

And Bless will become empty even faster than BDO. You describe it like a lamers game....wow...so exciting...can't wait :D

Posted

I really doubt any game can last very long if it only relies on players who want to do nasty stuff.

Well Second Life has lasted since 2003 so, idk. xD

Posted

this is part of the problem. It is not made with the selfish upbringing of this generation in mind. It is made for a respectful and mature group of people that know how to work together. To cater to the westerm market, in this sense, everything needs to become easy, heavily ruled, and constant hand holding. I like this game because it is not like that. I do not need happy bunny fluffy fun; I want something that takes more than ten minutes to master.

That's only part of it and I do agree with you. There is, however, another part. People here just don't enjoy mindless grinding nearly as much as Koreans seem to and also aren't willing to tolerate outrageous amounts of RNG. No need to argue about whether that's good or bad, or that they should have known what they were signing up for when they bought a Korean grinder. I am just saying that a game that has no content but grinding and is as heavily rooted in RNG as this one will never be a success the Western market.

2 people like this

Posted

Korean mmos tend to take skill and dedication and unbending iron will (if rng is not on your side) and most western people are delusional and -----y and arrogant as hell so when they die and they get the screen "you have died" instead of respecting the enemy (or getting mad at them and vengeance-filled cus u got zerged) they just get mad at the game because their ego and pride cant handle the reality slap those types of games constantly provide to them.

I like games because in a game no matter how delusional you are - if you fail to make sense and abide by a certain virtual reality/game world's rules then you get slapped over and over and over , at the same time if people say you don't make sense and try to put you down cus they're narrow minded as hell then you can just be better than them so they can see that you're actually right

the only real problems bdo has is poor class balance, desync, fake/corrupted RNG. Arguably these were never meant to be in the game and probably arent even there in the other regions, KR and RU have a lot less desync, fake rng? I dont know how it is there but considering it was not a known issue when the game launched id bet that its not an issue there (if it was a known issue bdo would fail before it even starts) and class balance ? many reasons for that, one of them being the mixed patches and the lack of staff members actually pvping 

1 person likes this

Posted

That's only part of it and I do agree with you. There is, however, another part. People here just don't enjoy mindless grinding nearly as much as Koreans seem to and also aren't willing to tolerate outrageous amounts of RNG. No need to argue about whether that's good or bad, or that they should have known what they were signing up for when they bought a Korean grinder. I am just saying that a game that has no content but grinding and is as heavily rooted in RNG as this one will never be a success the Western market.

this mindless grinding was invented by the western gamers. We moved past it, because the popular desire was instant satisfaction. 30 minute television shows, tied neatly with a bow, stores that sell everything in one stop, fast food, where much of the ingredients are questionable, but convenience is more important than health. I prefer the grind over mindless results, personally.

1 person likes this

Posted

Endless grind will kill this game. No level cap, so new players will never catch old ones.

BDO will be free to play this year for sure.

Posted

Well Second Life has lasted since 2003 so, idk. xD

That is not a game :P 

Posted

this mindless grinding was invented by the western gamers. We moved past it, because the popular desire was instant satisfaction. 30 minute television shows, tied neatly with a bow, stores that sell everything in one stop, fast food, where much of the ingredients are questionable, but convenience is more important than health.

True enough - like I said, I don't really disagree with you. I am just pointing out that, whatever the reason, this is a fact and if a game wants to be successful in the Western market that fact needs to be taken into account. Ignore it and enjoy the quick buck while you can. (Incidentally I am pretty sure that was the plan all along, and from a business perspective it may not have been a bad one since making major adjustments to accommodate such a different market would have taken a lot more effort/time/investment).