• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Current PvP/ Multiplayer/Community concept in Open World

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

First the Story:

So I am doing the 200 contribution quest at the Manshas, like kill 100 or whatever of them. Then a random sorc comes up to me close and i thought he wants to invite me to a group, so we can do this quest together and faster. All of the Sudden his Name turned red and he threw everything he got at me and i was dead. I just came into the forest and already pk.

Next i went to the Abandoned monestary for the token quest. As i went down the ladder there was a wizard in a ghillie suit coming already towards me and shooting and telling me to leave because i cant be there. Boom

The pvp in this game is so weird, sometimes people want to make a group and sometimes the name turnes red and nuke you. Often they just come from the back of my camera angle and throw their ultimate. It always says i got unfairly killed by....   Just wtf at this pvp concept and wtf at the MasterPvpElitist-Ghillie suit people

Everyday all day i get in those situations while my guildmembers dont so much only when they are fishing maybe. Maybe my char looks weird xD

But srsly i wanna enjoy the game and do my quests and also would like to play toegther with others in a group with people i find in the open world and make friends etc etc.

This is a multiplayer game and people seem to forget that and want to play on their own and see it as an unconvinience that other people come by. Why is this game not offline then, so you can have all for your own.

SInce its the forum i expect people to be toxic now so i say inb4 : Pvecarebare, cry, SJW, Veganism, Religion, Abra Kadabra, undergeared casual, leave BDO then, etc.

But isnt there a concept to avoid such and just play together with people you meet in the open world and that the stronger ones are helping the weaker players insted of nuking them and calling them noob wich is really idiotic.

And if a GM sees the post, why does this game focus so much on the MasterPvpElitist-Ghillie suit people while i am the one who has the potential money to spend because i work more then playing :)

Edited by Garuda
4 people like this

Posted

Welcome in open-world gaming, where you even can play an asswipe :)

Posted

thats all selfish kiddies - "my mobs QQ"

just ignore this like i do :D

Posted

Lol! Crazy wizzies. If you ever see me in a place that you want to farm, chill or quest, just shoot me an invite. I do not have a ghillie, so you will see my name. Not everyone is like this, so do not let it bother you. ;)

Posted

You see a ghillie. You pk a ghillie.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I say the penalties for "unfairly killed" are just to weak. Pvp can be fun. But where is the fun in a concept that allows to be murdered from behind just for fun and you, the victim, even lose you*re xp and crystals...
Pvp is fun when it*s on even ground and you*re opponend is aware of you. Otherwise its not pvp... and no challenge... its just f*** with people to make them miserable. Something like this should not be encouraged.

I am still searching for an "Anti-PK" guild. Some really powerful guys who just like to hunt down those who enjoy hiding in the bushes and killing you like the sorry cowards they are. I would love to just call these guys and tell them the name of the murderer. Since there are npc*s in the game who can tell you were to find the culprit it seems to me as if thats the way it should be played.

I just hope there are still more likeminded people, other than those who do the killing. Lets stay together and form a force to be recon with. I would love to see them thinking tiwce because they have to fear the revenge of the good guys police ^^

Yeah... i am a dreamer and i like teamwork 

I play on EU-servers. And i dont know of such guilds

Edited by Fidulus

Posted

Git gud scrub.

By the way NA or EU and what server ? 

Posted (edited)

You see a ghillie. You pk a ghillie.

/Thread

no one ever buys a Ghillie for good or even neutral intent.  EVERYONE who owns one is atleast 50% a prick

In KR there's random Gank squads who do nothing but preemptively Counter-PK all Ghillies they can find.  Wearing it is a Taboo there

Edited by iller

Posted

/Thread

no one ever buys a Ghillie for good or even neutral intent.  EVERYONE who owns one is atleast 50% a prick

In KR there's random Gank squads who do nothing but preemptively Counter-PK all Ghillies they can find

Wait!.....I'm a good guy?

tehee

Posted

/Thread

In KR there's random Gank squads who do nothing but preemptively Counter-PK all Ghillies they can find.  Wearing it is a Taboo there

That's not true. Many players uses Ghillie for defensive purposes, to get away from PK'ers more easily as well as avoiding wars. Others are just scared shitless of PvP in general and wear it like a security blanket.

But if you go to a popular grind&farm spot not wearing one, chances your guild will be the subject of a war declaration from a top guild, is kinda big. That's fine and all if you're in a guild that can handle PvP. Not so cool if you're in a casual and midsize guild with fishermen, roleplayers and horse trainers. You really dont want to that dude, he who caused the massacre of casual's and lowbies. So you wear a Ghillie to hide guild.

Posted

Welcome in open-world gaming, where you even can play an asswipe :)

Wouldn't really blame it on an open-world concept, I'd blame it on the types of players an FFA concept brings in.  Happens every time.  Some games can handle that because that's the only reason they exist.  FFA OWPvP.  Unfortunately, if you try to include that concept in a game that doesn't exclusively cater to it, this is what you get.  There are some people who see OWPvP, which to them means FFA, which to them means little sociopath that could.  That becomes what they believe the entire game must be about, and only about.  Soon as you try to tell them there's more to the game, they kick and scream that we're just out to ruin "their" game.

I think Daum/PA had a chance to try and pull this off but they went and broke the quest that would have made it possible... so welcome to little FFA sociopath wannabe world.  It's inevitable, and it's been like this for decades.

3 people like this

Posted

/Thread

You know, I agree with you 100% LOL! 

Posted

/Thread

tbh even I bought it my mind automatically thought, mischief managed.

Posted (edited)

First the Story:

So I am doing the 200 contribution quest at the Manshas, like kill 100 or whatever of them. Then a random sorc comes up to me close and i thought he wants to invite me to a group, so we can do this quest together and faster. All of the Sudden his Name turned red and he threw everything he got at me and i was dead. I just came into the forest and already pk.

Next i went to the Abandoned monestary for the token quest. As i went down the ladder there was a wizard in a ghillie suit coming already towards me and shooting and telling me to leave because i cant be there. Boom

The pvp in this game is so weird, sometimes people want to make a group and sometimes the name turnes red and nuke you. Often they just come from the back of my camera angle and throw their ultimate. It always says i got unfairly killed by....   Just wtf at this pvp concept and wtf at the MasterPvpElitist-Ghillie suit people

Everyday all day i get in those situations while my guildmembers dont so much only when they are fishing maybe. Maybe my char looks weird xD

But srsly i wanna enjoy the game and do my quests and also would like to play toegther with others in a group with people i find in the open world and make friends etc etc.

This is a multiplayer game and people seem to forget that and want to play on their own and see it as an unconvinience that other people come by. Why is this game not offline then, so you can have all for your own.

SInce its the forum i expect people to be toxic now so i say inb4 : Pvecarebare, cry, SJW, Veganism, Religion, Abra Kadabra, undergeared casual, leave BDO then, etc.

But isnt there a concept to avoid such and just play together with people you meet in the open world and that the stronger ones are helping the weaker players insted of nuking them and calling them noob wich is really idiotic.

And if a GM sees the post, why does this game focus so much on the MasterPvpElitist-Ghillie suit people while i am the one who has the potential money to spend because i work more then playing :)

it is good, because you can go elsewhere, level up, and return the favor:)  nothing better than besting those who grief you later on.  Like irl, buttholes exist and we must deal with them, i myself like this system because i can hunt these guys down for ppl sometimes asking for help:)  just like the ganker exist the guys that are high lv and wanna put some down.

Edited by ulti19

Posted

This is why i am staying below 45. I don't care about 'endgame' or PvP so I am just not going to get near it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I don't get that mentality. It seems a case of poor sportsmanship.

We even had a bigger guild split their group and get us in with them for farm Sausans a while back because "it's easier to group up together than to fight for the spot"

Posted (edited)

(Qout failed on phone. Talking about the Trent suit)

You don't even need the full set for people to instantly give you stink eye.

I have one but only use 3 parts to get the gathering perk and don't carry the 4th so that I can never hide my name. Somehow that gets even more evil looks although I'm doing nothing but going rock to rock.

Using a gathering costume for looks and gathering? Damned blasphemous intent he must have, I say!

Edited by Chewy102

Posted

(Qout failed on phone. Talking about the Trent suit)

You don't even need the full set for people to instantly give you stink eye.

I have one but only use 3 parts to get the gathering perk and don't carry the 4th so that I can never hide my name. Somehow that gets even more evil looks although I'm doing nothing but going rock to rock.

Using a gathering costume for looks and gathering? Damned blasphemous intent he must have, I say!

I got one for the buff too.  I never let it show though, it makes me feel itchy. 

Posted

Like irl

Yet when I say that gankers are assholes and psychopaths with small peen irl, everyone starts screaming "this is just a game you cannot compare it to real life". So why cant we get away from real life in our game and get some set of proper rules instead of this rabid dogs mentality?

Posted

Yet when I say that gankers are assholes and psychopaths with small peen irl, everyone starts screaming "this is just a game you cannot compare it to real life". So why cant we get away from real life in our game and get some set of proper rules instead of this rabid dogs mentality?

Well, killing in a game that allows killing anywhere, I don't think gankers are psychopaths at all haha, not even close.  But we do have to deal with them, and there is a system kind of, to fight back or get your friends or someone willing to help if the enemy is higher geared or something.  Always a way, tons of people playing:)  

Posted

This will be more fair if they turn on the PvP and remains in PvP until they go to safe zone or until 5 mins without PvP act. 

But turning on PvP and shoot the player who already deal with bunch of mobs, then turn it off. And if you would like to be safe turn on your PvP and loos karma. This system is shit as it is right now. 

Posted

there's no such thing as respecting each other in this game. sadly.

Posted

Seems it's just like if you go walking in real life, think about the farming/grinding area as a place where people is very aggresive, I don't know a real place that can be dangerous, well in my city there's one place: Las 3000 Viviendas, if you go there you can be killed in real life or robbed, well, in game it's the same, real people, not real places but they're aggresive and they can kill you, at least you can revive in game, think about that, it's something positive.