• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

so far BD has turned into Archeage .1

22 posts in this topic

Posted

karma system is useless.  since people can turn red and spend all their time pking with the support and aid of their guilds without any consequence whatsoever.  at least in archeage you had a pathetic equally useless  and also highly exploitable  system. where pker would spend time in jail.

in view of the almost none existant pve content in BD atm,  i feel a pver has basically nothing to look forward with this game,  other than fish , craft and tame breed horses untill they get bored.

i feel that the actual karma system has proven pointless and way too benevolent when it comes to penalties for the pker.  it is very easy to bypass and exploit it, with almost no consequence.   all you need is a good guild of grievers who share the same distorted and sick mind like you, and voila.  they got enough back up to grind all that lost karma away.  so feel free to pk to your heart s highest satisfaction  since you got nothing to worried about it.

now you dont even need to use the lame excuse of, i pk you to get your grind spot.  you can basically pk any player that gets near you.    so while that seems great and lot of fun for some idiots that seem to get real life orgasms each time they pk any random player that happens to roam near them, even if they arent in a grind field. 

it is slowly discouraging and making a large portion of the player base quit the game.   since that only adds more and more to the negative side of things.  at least they happen to have a strong tendency toward bondage, in wich case they may enjoy getting pked every 5 minutes for no reason whatsoever.  so  the system favors and rewards a minority while the rest, have to bend over and take it without lube , side ways and outsidedown .  iether you take it,  or quit or ask for some help .   that is basically your only choices

i dont think it is fair, that   only some players gets to have fun on the expense of others.   so  they ither do something to balance this situation more.  or im afraid that BD will sink even more into the niche crappy asian MMO genre forever,  and by the time they try to find a solution, most people would have moved on already onto newer better titles .  even Eve online tried to find the right balance.    so far BD only favorites one side.  the pker.   since it is only them the ones having fun atm.       the cristal and enchanment loss it is easy preventable .

2 people like this

Posted

in view of the almost none existant pve content in BD atm,  i feel a pver has basically nothing to look forward with this game,  other than fish , craft and tame breed horses untill they get bored.

Thats what people have been warning pure pve-rs for a year now, but noooo they didn't listen.

2 people like this

Posted

Thats what people have been warning pure pve-rs for a year now, but noooo they didn't listen.

im afraid you were always right.:(

the witcher 3 last expansión is coming out  this month.  i think that will be what finally makes me quit BD.    hubby already stopped playing,  and most of our Friends from our guild are hardly online anymore.

Posted

DAUM, just please give these people their own PvE-only server already so that they won't cry about the PvP-focused game they bought.

Posted

Sorry, I don't read this huge walls of text.

Give me TLDR version and maybe I'll peak at it.

Pver Q_Q about pvp 

same as always

Posted

>in view of the almost none existant pve content in BD atm,  i feel a pver has basically nothing to look forward with this game,  other than fish , craft and tame breed horses untill they get bored.

MxghEkQ.gif

cant tell if troll or not

Posted

Archeage has pirate ships, sea battles, with merchant ships, galleons and factions for PvP. Do not compare two different games. I still miss my dangerous trade routs and my ships :/

Pity Archeage is Korean too, where they hardily care about exploits, and when they care they act very slow and not at the brightest ways. If it was not for that, I would still be there.

Korea is to far away from the West. They act to slow and never decisive against exploits and hacks.

Posted

Sorry, I don't read this huge walls of text.

Give me TLDR version and maybe I'll peak at it.

PvP happened.

Makes carebears sad.

They leave, but not before posting on forums.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

DAUM, just please give these people their own PvE-only server already so that they won't cry about the PvP-focused game they bought.

pvp focused game ?

where 2 classes are 1000% better than the rest

where u get absolutelly nothing from PKing

where gear>skill

im sorry what ? where is this pvp game u speak of

Edited by Jensen
2 people like this

Posted

I'm having trouble to see who's more salty here, OP who just voiced her opinion and came to the conclussion that this is not her type of game or the people that get absolutely triggered that OP is leaving.

They either didn't read that this an acceptance speech and not a demand for change or the community likes you more than you think Aylindel, the obviously seem upset about it.

Posted

To keep the game stable, there has to be a big PVE base to have a successful PVP base.

2 people like this

Posted

Joins a PvP oriented game. Complains when PvP happens. Sounds legit.

But seriously, everything in this game is designed to focus players into PvP situations. Dailies are in PvP zones and mobs spawn points are meant to be fought over. Seiges and Node wars also force you to PvP if you want to progress. 

This entire argument reminds me of people who date someone with the intent that "I can change him (or her)." No you can't and get out of the relationship. 

1 person likes this

Posted

To keep the game stable, there has to be a big PVE base to have a successful PVP base.

Not necessarily, people can do both activities; PvP and PvE like the game is designed around.

Posted

I'm having trouble to see who's more salty here, OP who just voiced her opinion and came to the conclussion that this is not her type of game or the people that get absolutely triggered that OP is leaving.

They either didn't read that this an acceptance speech and not a demand for change or the community likes you more than you think Aylindel, the obviously seem upset about it.

so it seems , right?

Posted

The really sad part is that PA will wait until too many pve and casual players leave, then they will panic and make huge changes to retain those players that already -----ing left. Then the pk'rs will suffer and leave too.

Posted

But seriously, everything in this game is designed to focus players into PvP situations. Dailies are in PvP zones and mobs spawn points are meant to be fought over. Seiges and Node wars also force you to PvP if you want to progress. 

This entire argument reminds me of people who date someone with the intent that "I can change him (or her)." No you can't and get out of the relationship. 

and who the ----- is complaining ?   im giving my opinión,  so far, first time i voice my opinión , about the stage of the game since i started playing since closed beta.

so cut the crap.

1 person likes this

Posted

I do find it amusing when people come in and say BDO is a PvP oriented game. If BDO is a PvP oriented game how are people obtaining blackstones in PvP to upgrade their gear? How are PvP'rs obtaining their gear in PvP come to think of it? How did PvP'rs get to lvl 45 without doing any PvE? and How are guilds burning through PVE field/world bosses rather than doing PvP in this PvP oriented game?

BDO is a PvX game and it is not one or the other so stop pretending like it is.  Unfortunately there have been a few decisions along the way by Daum which has changed the game for the worse for me. I was probably naive to expect this version to be a translated version of what Korea has minus some expansions upon launch but instead we have mechanics that have changed and in my eye's it is not for the better. 

1 person likes this

Posted

im afraid you were always right.:(

the witcher 3 last expansión is coming out  this month.  i think that will be what finally makes me quit BD.    hubby already stopped playing,  and most of our Friends from our guild are hardly online anymore.

are you a real chick? I'm afraid i will need proof.  

on a serious note, you can't please both crowds.  pve'rs constantly trying to change to change the pvp.  BDO has no PVE endgame.  It's no secret.  It has life skills and a grind.  the "end game" atm is node wars and guild wars.  They would be much better off investing resources into making those better for one crowd of players.  

the whole pve server and pvp server reminds me of UO, the introduction of Trammel killed one of the best sandboxes in existence. 

Posted (edited)

pvp focused game ?

where 2 classes are 1000% better than the rest

where u get absolutelly nothing from PKing

where gear>skill

im sorry what ? where is this pvp game u speak of

The PvP game is where there are limited resources.

The PvP game is where there isn't any instanced content.

The PvP game is where there is a Guild War and Flagging System in place.

BDO has all of these, and with a lack of truly PvE content except for Kzarka, it is easy to see this game is PvP focused.

Just the fact alone that resources are limited and people have to fight for them makes this a PvP rather than PvE focused game. You are right that there are no rewards from PKing, other than having people lose trade items and forcing them away from you grinding spot. This is why I never PK. The victim of a PK loses almost nothing, only time and 1% XP, while the PKer can kill 5 times max before being able to lose expensive crystal, enchantment levels and being attackable by both players and NPC guards in safe zones. The PvE-player/Victim can "fight" for his spot by going kamikaze into the PK-player, and after 4-5 times the PK-player has to run while the PvE-player wins through sheer stubbornness. This is not a system that works. Death has to be something one is afraid of, both the PK-er and the victim. We need the Korean system, where one PK costs 270k Karma and where a killed player can break crystals and lose 3% XP on death. That will make it bad being a PKer, but also bad being a victim.

I agree with you that class balance is bad, and I hope it will be fixed soon. Sorc is beyond broken and Wizards on a horse are unkillable. But I do not have a problem with gear > skill. In an MMO, character progression is everything. You are not using your skill, you are using the skill of your virtual game character. This means that a 50 year old half-blind player with bad reflexes can play vs. a 21 year old skilled player and still win, because an MMORPG (hint: stand for Roleplaying Game, you are playing a role) should not rely on your real life skill. Go play LoL, Dota2, Starcraft or CS:GO if you want games where skill > gear.

I am for a PvE server because I believe every player deserves to enjoy the game they paid for, but not at the expense of other players. It seems you paid for an immersive, PvE gaming experience (and there is nothing wrong with that), but I paid for a PvP-focused high-risk game, and just like PKers are ruining your enjoyment of the game by killing you, PvE-players are ruining my enjoyment of the game by making it too easy and forgiving, instead of high-risk like it was advertised. This is why we need PvP and PvE servers, so that both playerbases can enjoy the game.

TL;DR: PvP players ruin the game for PvE players. PvE players ruin the game for PvP players. Make a goddamn PvE-server already, so that the crying and complaing will stop. Please.

Edited by Comrey

Posted

That "PvP oriented game" where the vast majority of time spent is in PvE activities...k.

Posted (edited)

Archeage has pirate ships, sea battles, with merchant ships, galleons and factions for PvP. Do not compare two different games. I still miss my dangerous trade routs and my ships :/

Pity Archeage is Korean too, where they hardily care about exploits, and when they care they act very slow and not at the brightest ways. If it was not for that, I would still be there.

Korea is to far away from the West. They act to slow and never decisive against exploits and hacks.

korea does nothing about hacks bcause there are no hacks in korea... u have to register with your social ID for games if u hack it get banned, thats why korea dont care about hacks...

Edited by lugg

Posted

I am sorry to hear the game doesn't fulfill your needs. BDO is a PvX game, where you have to participate in both PvP and PvE activities in order to progress.

Having said that, I am closing this thread now to prevent any more derailment and I wish your new adventure is more fair.

1 person likes this