• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Changing Email address

76 posts in this topic

Posted

hey GM_Caramel,

would appreciate if you could speed up with my following ticket (175522)...i did a few request by accident...sorry for that 

Hey Rak! ^_^ I checked on the status of your ticket! It is currently in the process of being changes, it will take several days for it to be changed and we will contact you once it has been updated.

Posted

@GM_Caramel

I have been trying to change my email account, although getting rejected. 

I get the reason why, although i was hoping for a exception. Can we discuss regarding this?

Posted

@GM_Caramel

I have been trying to change my email account, although getting rejected. 

I get the reason why, although i was hoping for a exception. Can we discuss regarding this?

Hi Ursac! ^_^ We do not make exceptions for email changes sadly. 

Posted

Hi Ursac! ^_^ We do not make exceptions for email changes sadly. 

Hey,

Ok, i understand but it's kind of frustrating. Just asking since the emailed a photo of my id, only concealing my id number and verification codes. Although you clearly state that on the website, i was hoping for a case by case analysis, since not all governament id are the same. Our, Portugal id card, give you 4 numbers, being Citizen Id, Financial Id, Medical Id and Social Id.

It's a lot of information that you ask.

A example of the information i concealed (example citizen id from Google)

Cartão_de_Cidadão_Português.jpg

Posted

Hey,

Ok, i understand but it's kind of frustrating. Just asking since the emailed a photo of my id, only concealing my id number and verification codes. Although you clearly state that on the website, i was hoping for a case by case analysis, since not all governament id are the same. Our, Portugal id card, give you 4 numbers, being Citizen Id, Financial Id, Medical Id and Social Id.

It's a lot of information that you ask.

What is your ticket number? 

Posted

What is your ticket number? 

Hello,

My ticket number is #171750

Kind Regards

@GM_Caramel no luck? :(

Posted

Hello,

My ticket number is #171750

Kind Regards

@GM_Caramel no luck? :(

Hi Ursac, I will be messaging you privately about this issue now. ^_^ 

Posted

Hi @GM_Caramel I was wondering if you could check on my email change as well.

My ticket number is 181675. Thanks!

Posted

Hi @GM_Caramel I was wondering if you could check on my email change as well.

My ticket number is 181675. Thanks!

Hey there! :) A GM has recently replied to your ticket. The email will be changed in several days. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey there! :) A GM has recently replied to your ticket. The email will be changed in several days. 

Thanks so much!

Posted

Thanks so much!

You're very welcome! If you have any other questions or concerns we will be here for you, have an awesome day! ^_^ 

Posted

All email changes that were responded to have been carried out. I'd like to point out that since we've recently changed the way this it's being done, the whole process should speed up significantly :)

Posted

How come every other video game company makes changing my e-mail painless but when I come here you guys ask for identifying documents? This isn't an issue of account security at all, this is an issue of privacy. I can go to En Masse, Trion Worlds, and even Blizzard and change my e-mail within 2 minutes of logging in. Hell Trion Worlds only took 2 hours to respond to a ticket about resetting my security questions and they only asked for information available on the account known only to the creator. So I have to ask myself, why do I have to create a ticket with a picture of my ID just to change my email?

Posted

Hello!

just wanted to see if anyone could look at the status of my request it's been 5 days.  

Ticket #185898

thank you !!

Posted

All these e-mail changes... wonder how many of these accounts are being sold on playerauctions.

Posted

How come every other video game company makes changing my e-mail painless but when I come here you guys ask for identifying documents? This isn't an issue of account security at all, this is an issue of privacy. I can go to En Masse, Trion Worlds, and even Blizzard and change my e-mail within 2 minutes of logging in. Hell Trion Worlds only took 2 hours to respond to a ticket about resetting my security questions and they only asked for information available on the account known only to the creator. So I have to ask myself, why do I have to create a ticket with a picture of my ID just to change my email?

This is because with hackers and gold sellers always on the loose they can gain access to your full name, character name, your billing information, answers to your security questions, email, passwords, phone number, in some cases they can create an IP made to look like yours or come from the same area that you created your game account OR in the area that you normally play from through basic social engineering. 

Now I used to be a GM for Guild Wars 2 and we constantly had hacked accounts due to the hackers/ gold sellers having the above information and half of the time the accounts were accidentally given to those hackers/ goldsellers because they had all of that information. 

However, with us we can confirm your ownership of the account by you taking a photo showing your photo ID (held in hand) in front of the computer screen which shows the ticket that you created requesting an email change. We just want to protect your accounts. 

Hello!

just wanted to see if anyone could look at the status of my request it's been 5 days.  

Ticket #185898

thank you !!

Apologies for the delayed response! Looks like we took care of your request a week ago. :) 

Posted (edited)

This is because with hackers and gold sellers always on the loose they can gain access to your full name, character name, your billing information, answers to your security questions, email, passwords, phone number, in some cases they can create an IP made to look like yours or come from the same area that you created your game account OR in the area that you normally play from through basic social engineering. 

Now I used to be a GM for Guild Wars 2 and we constantly had hacked accounts due to the hackers/ gold sellers having the above information and half of the time the accounts were accidentally given to those hackers/ goldsellers because they had all of that information. 

However, with us we can confirm your ownership of the account by you taking a photo showing your photo ID (held in hand) in front of the computer screen which shows the ticket that you created requesting an email change. We just want to protect your accounts. 

If only BDO could offer sms/app authentication we could avoid showing photo ID; I'd be more nervous with my ID in the wild as it's the last thing a hacker would need for a full takeover.  If the player was dumb enough to put all of that info up and get their account stolen then that's what they deserve.

My experience with GW2 support was all over the map, every once in a while though someone posts a really bad experience.

Edited by Wyn

Posted

If only BDO could offer sms/app authentication we could avoid showing photo ID; I'd be more nervous with my ID in the wild as it's the last thing a hacker would need for a full takeover.  If the player was dumb enough to put all of that info up and get their account stolen then that's what they deserve.

My experience with GW2 support was all over the map, every once in a while though someone posts a really bad experience.

This is actually something I am already pushing forward with our team. :) 

Posted

Hello GM_Caramel

Can you please help me out with my email change, I'm not sure if there was a problem with my picture but I'm not getting a response. i would really appreciate it.

ticket ID :219853

Posted

Hello GM_Caramel

Can you please help me out with my email change, I'm not sure if there was a problem with my picture but I'm not getting a response. i would really appreciate it.

Its saturday, they wont awnser till monday

Posted

@GM_Caramel can you check my ticket too please #227533 

Posted (edited)

@GM_Caramel

Hi Caramel.

Can you please check my ticket ? Request #226899

Dont know how my ticket is marked with "Solved", but i didnt received any message or email from you guys.

Thanks alot.

Edited by ydojesor

Posted

@GM_Caramel

Any help possible? I'm waiting for so long... I gave everything needed, just need someone to look that up. Ticket #231024

Posted

Hello GM_Caramel

Replied

@GM_Caramel can you check my ticket too please #227533 

Replied

@GM_Caramel

Hi Caramel.

Can you please check my ticket ? Request #226899

Dont know how my ticket is marked with "Solved", but i didnt received any message or email from you guys.

Thanks alot.

We sent you a message asking to provide us with an ID and additional information, however when you don't reply for more than 2 days the ticket will automatically be marked as solved. 

@GM_Caramel

Any help possible? I'm waiting for so long... I gave everything needed, just need someone to look that up. Ticket #231024

Your ticket is currently open, we will be responding within the week. 

Posted

@GM_Caramel I have the same problem still waiting an answer my Ticket #251320