• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Multi Server or Mega Server

Multi Server or Mega Server   66 votes

1. 1. What is your opinion on the server type? You can further explain with a comment. Please Read my comment below the poll before you vote.

• Mega Server with many channels (10-25 channels)
    • Mega Server with few channels (1-10 channels)
    • Multiple Server w/ no Channel
    • Multiple Server (5-10 channel each @ Launch and 2-3 after a few months)
    • Other Ideas (Explain in comment/Thread)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mega Server - The whole game consist of 1 server that has many many channel
Multiple Server - The game has a few server and within that server there are a few channel or no channel.

Pros of Mega Server:
 -You can play with friends who sometime join the wrong server or the server is full.
 -You can jump to another channel avoid PVP 
 -You can jump to another channel to farm the same spot because it was taken.
 -More items in Auction House because everyone shares. Although you can debate because of supply/demand
 -More spots to Farm/Grind

Pros of Multi Server:
-More players in the server so GvG  and open world PVP is alot more healthy
-The Auction House will not be flooded with items and price wouldn't saturate.  Although you can debate because of supply/demand
-PVP happens over farm spots.  You should be rewarded for winning the spots. 
-More Competetive 
-You have a better chance at buying rare items.  Less people to fight captcha inputs.

Cons of Mega Server:
-People can avoid GvG/PvP by channel hoping
-Auction House is share to all players so buying an item is almost impossible.  You have to fight other people by putting in the captcha inputs.
-Less Competetive because people can hop channel to avoid PVP
-Less population per channel

Cons of Multi Server:
-Easier for people to find you and PK repeatly
-Can't avoid PK/GvG as easy
-Less spots to Farm/Grind
-The Auction House will not be as big as Mega Server

Edited by Arrogance

Posted

We've seen this poll / debate many times.  Why not share your thoughts in one of the existing threads?

Posted

Make a mega server like in Elder Scrolls online, with different channals but you cant switch it by yourself, only if you are in group you will be swapt in the same channel, its better then manual channel hopping, so noone can swap that channels to go away from som fights or day/night cycle, i think its the best way to handle it.

Posted (edited)

I approve of multi-server SERVER!

Make a mega server like in Elder Scrolls online, with different channals but you cant switch it by yourself, only if you are in group you will be swapt in the same channel, its better then manual channel hopping, so noone can swap that channels to go away from som fights or day/night cycle, i think its the best way to handle it.

Please never post again.

Edited by Catch

Posted

Got to keep the debate up, don't want to post on a previous thread because my comment will be bury.

1 person likes this

Posted

I approve of single SERVER!

Please never post again.

so tell me why :)?

Posted

so tell me why :)?

Because single servers are bad!

Posted

Got to keep the debate up, don't want to post on a previous thread because my comment will be bury.

OK, Snowflake detected.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because single servers are bad!

you missundersand me, i want a MEGASERVER, and on this mega server it hase different channels, but you will be automatic in a channel and cant swap this channel by yourself, only if you are in a group it will make you to the same channel, so no channel hopping

Posted (edited)

I'm all in for a megaserver. People who support multiple servers won't accept the perks the megaserver provides, stubborn will be stubborn. DAUM EU knows what to do, many great suggestions have been made. All this inb4 thread derails.

EDIT: Just read the OP. Everything you listed is wrong. No point in even debating. Please play the game before you make such a thread.

Edited by Dim

Posted

Mega-servers make guild wars and PVP in general more difficult. 

Posted

you missundersand me, i want a MEGASERVER, and on this mega server it hase different channels, but you will be automatic in a channel and cant swap this channel by yourself, only if you are in a group it will make you to the same channel, so no channel hopping

The reason there is a long cool down in hopping channel is to minimize the abuse in some of the features in the game.  You're one of those people who try to change the game black desert itself by incorporating ideas from other crap mmos that have failed and gone into a megaserver.

Posted

Mega-servers make guild wars and PVP in general more difficult. 

because of this an automatic channel system and not a manual, so the server can do the ppl on the same channel and not channel hopping to run away from the fights

Posted

tbh i would rather 4 or 5 big servers without channels. larger ah will mean more people making stuff, easier to reach endgame content and enjoy higher level pvp. i don't like the channel system in a open world pvp game where it just means u can run away from a fight and people just spread across channals, tera showed exactly the issue with open world pvp that has channels, people just move to another channel and avoid even trying to fight, kinda voids the point of having open world pvp. cant have to many large servers tho, archeage showed that having to many actually kills the game far faster then anything else because during its low pop time which every mmo goes through, each server felt empty to the point where about 60% of the population straight up quit of the already dying population, doing better now after the merges (if u can even call that cesspool of whales better then before).

Also good job on getting that post count up using this thread

Posted

a megaserver where you cant switch channels when in combat or doing other things/events that would rid the channels hoppers in GvG/PvP and such. 

2nd im quite sure a megaserver would be more competitive then multi servers as well as more PvP GvG going on mega servers mean MORE people period.

Posted

If there is a megaserver, guild wars will be pointless and open world pvp will be so hard to find. Either do multiple servers with 1 channel or multiple servers with a couple channels, but no mega server.

DAMU PLEASE!!

Posted

The reason there is a long cool down in hopping channel is to minimize the abuse in some of the features in the game.  You're one of those people who try to change the game black desert itself by incorporating ideas from other crap mmos that have failed and gone into a megaserver.

Eso is a crap yes, but theyr game started with a megaserver ;)

Posted

because of this an automatic channel system and not a manual, so the server can do the ppl on the same channel and not channel hopping to run away from the fights

Yeah, but the runner can exploit the channel hop.

Posted

Black desert is unique as in its truly open world.  It would be very hard to do auto channel change based on how the game was made.  Daum has stated that some of the changes that we want can't be made because the game itself doesn't support it as it has been changed.  Example is the old KR CBT flagging.  BnS does it well but its no where close to open world.

Posted

Black desert is unique as in its truly open world.  It would be very hard to do auto channel change based on how the game was made.  Daum has stated that some of the changes that we want can't be made because the game itself doesn't support it as it has been changed.  Example is the old KR CBT flagging.  BnS does it well but its no where close to open world.

i dont want to change this game, it is great :)

i only dont want that we have to many channels and ppl everytime are channel hopping and run away from the fights in this mecanism, it is exploitable.

Posted

Multi server without channel would be the best imo (open pvp, gvg, etc..).

I could admit that we have 1 or 2 channels more at launch but during couple of weeks only.

Posted

channels just lead to people being separated over time and abused during pvp, in a game like bdo where combat with other people is inevitable, just doesn't fit in any way especially when u consider sieges, trade running with wagons where u can lose ur stuff, and farming mobs which are supposed to be a finite resource considering how many players will actually be playing for the first month, i always like seeing the parade of people coming from spawn and decimating the mob population in a wave of pve murder

Auto channels or the channel system period is a bad idea for bdo specifically. sure SOME games it could work, but it doesn't fit bdo.

Posted

If there is a megaserver, guild wars will be pointless and open world pvp will be so hard to find. Either do multiple servers with 1 channel or multiple servers with a couple channels, but no mega server.

DAMU PLEASE!!

how would guild wars be pointless and no pvp? mega servers mean their could be 1mil people on it unlike multi servers and just because you could create channel dosnt mean they would need to make 100s they could just make 3 and increase it based on how many people join in that way every server WOULD have multi people on every channel.

Posted

i dont want to change this game, it is great :)

i only dont want that we have to many channels and ppl everytime are channel hopping and run away from the fights in this mecanism, it is exploitable.

Seems like you want less channel and more PVP and you voted the opposite....

Posted

Ohh dear, how to step in a Lion's den... xD