• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Poll: how much should grinding/no life make a difference in black desert?

How much should grinding/no life make a difference in black desert?   106 votes

1. 1. How much should grinding/no life make a difference in black desert?

• 15% more advantage then the gear set below that is easier/less expensive to get.
    • 25% more advantage then the gear set below that is easier/less expensive to get.
    • 30% more advantage then the gear set below that is easier/less expensive to get.
    • 40% more advantage then the gear set below that is easier/less expensive to get.
    • 50% more advantage then the gear set below that is easier/less expensive to get.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Posted

So this is an interesting question and poll....

Since this game features alot of grinding and rewards for grinding in other regions, i am curious how much the community thinks the advantage should be by grinding.

In my opinion, being rich and spending alot of time in game should definatly be rewarding in an mmorpg, but not to the point where you can easily kill skilled players while they are better then you. (but didnt spend as much time ingame as you).

Since Daum is really being on the right track making this game epic, while other regions seems to be lacking, i really hope that we can have a version of the game that's more focussed towards skill, and not towards grinding rewards. Especially since the combat system of black desert is quite epic, it just pains me a bit that its

So i hope most replies can be fair and unbiased. For example i play alot in mmorpg's, but i would vote for ~30% more power. With a full gear set. (Do note that you can devide that by about 15% armor improvement and 15% damage improvement)  In tera it was about 40% difference. (20% more dmg and 20% more armor) and it was already quite frustrating and unbalanced.

I have no idea what the values are in black desert in other regions, but it needs to be balanced IMO.

Curious what the results will be.

Posted

This is a crucial subject that would be a make/break for a lot of people. I, personally, would regret my €100 pre-order if PvE players can kill me most of the times just because they grinded longer than I did. Currently the game is very, VERY gear balanced and this is not good for the game. We all know that, look at Korea.. A lot of EU/NA players are playing there and there is just no way to compete with these Koreans because they are one year ahead of us in gear. This will happen on EU as well if nothing is changed in the numbers. The PvP needs to become more skill based so this game will still be attractive to people in the future. Gear balanced PvP pushes people away instead of attracting them to the game. Not to mention that the average gamer doesn't have the time to sweat this game 24/7 when it comes out.

Anyway, I voted for the 15% advantage since I think gear should be a benefit but it should never be a crucial factor. Gear gives the benefit but skill has to take the win in the end in my opinion.

Great Poll btw, BI would love to get information from DAUM regarding this subject.

5 people like this

Posted

i agree. alot of trolls who dislike me will vote for 50% though. probaly because the past xD.

Posted

I understand what you are saying Ricardo but their are so many other mmorpgs that make it so easy to get max gear and everyone ends up the same within a couple of months. I actually like that you can see a big difference in a player's gear who spends a lot more time in the game. for me personally this is another great aspect of the game. I would hate to see this game end up just like all other mmorpgs.

4 people like this

Posted

I understand what you are saying Ricardo but their are so many other mmorpgs that make it so easy to get max gear and everyone ends up the same within a couple of months. I actually like that you can see a big difference in a player's gear who spends a lot more time in the game. for me personally this is another great aspect of the game. I would hate to see this game end up just like all other mmorpgs.

I get your points. It should not be easy to get max gear and max gear should still be rewarding. Meanwhile I think it's bad if difference in Gear just means a to big difference in PvP.

From what i've seen the gear advantage in +15-20 seems like Godmode, doesnt it bother you? (p.s.:Haven't played the game yet)

Posted

im disappointed that currently most want a difference of 50%. thats.....very unbalanced.

1 person likes this

Posted

im disappointed that currently most want a difference of 50%. thats.....very unbalanced.

You shouldn't be playing an MMO for PvP if you wanted it to be highly balanced in the first place. I think it's important that people work for their gear and as long it just involves grinding and doesn't involve any cash shop means i'm all for it.

Posted

The only way to improve the gear from +15 on is with a tremendous amount of grinding. So, put your hats on for that, cause the real grind begins at lvl50.

Posted

I get your points. It should not be easy to get max gear and max gear should still be rewarding. Meanwhile I think it's bad if difference in Gear just means a to big difference in PvP.

From what i've seen the gear advantage in +15-20 seems like Godmode, doesnt it bother you? (p.s.:Haven't played the game yet)

I wont lie to you , maybe the gear advantage between 15-20 will bother me but I think the gear advantage should be noticeable because its so hard and tedius to upgrade gear.

I played RU with +12 gear and get killed within 5 seconds and have no chance in killing my attackers but i respect that and think its fair because i only recently got to max level and they have been playing for a much longer time then me.

Posted

I think you misunderstand gearing in this game.  Grunil can easily fight boss armor, if that's what you mean by set vs set, though there will definitely be about ~10% stat differences.  It's different enchant levels that make a difference.  Grinding a lot will give you more attempts for it, but its the RNG gods that'll decide who's higher geared.

2 people like this

Posted

This is a crucial subject that would be a make/break for a lot of people. I, personally, would regret my €100 pre-order if PvE players can kill me most of the times just because they grinded longer than I did. Currently the game is very, VERY gear balanced and this is not good for the game. We all know that, look at Korea.. A lot of EU/NA players are playing there and there is just no way to compete with these Koreans because they are one year ahead of us in gear. This will happen on EU as well if nothing is changed in the numbers. The PvP needs to become more skill based so this game will still be attractive to people in the future. Gear balanced PvP pushes people away instead of attracting them to the game. Not to mention that the average gamer doesn't have the time to sweat this game 24/7 when it comes out.

Anyway, I voted for the 15% advantage since I think gear should be a benefit but it should never be a crucial factor. Gear gives the benefit but skill has to take the win in the end in my opinion.

Great Poll btw, BI would love to get information from DAUM regarding this subject.

Bolded part is the main issue. New players and returning players is lifesource of anygame, and with current system they wont exist in BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

I voted 15% because the game is supposed to PvP centric, so PvE should only have minimal effects on the outcome. Every serious player reads the same guides regardless, so the skills are generally going to be the same.

What would be nice is to have more interesting armor/weapon types that allow for different types of PvP experiences though.

Posted

depends on how good the PvE becomes:

if pve stayes as bad as it is now, i dont want any silly grind at all. just give us max lvl, max gear and ----- pve :P

if they fix PvE, makes  them fun and challenging, then i don't mind there being a ton of pve grind ^^

Posted

Yes make it 50% just to have people cry 2 weeks after about "p2w", grats. Not everyone is NEET that got all day to play. Why should I - as person who works (and probably gives his money to support company releasing game) - be on 50% disadvantage vs some nolife who stays whole day and night at home playing game? 15% is enough it already forces be to be better than some noob (though he got way more time to get better while playing game too but nothing we can do about it)

Posted

Yes make it 50% just to have people cry 2 weeks after about "p2w", grats. Not everyone is NEET that got all day to play. Why should I - as person who works (and probably gives his money to support company releasing game) - be on 50% disadvantage vs some nolife who stays whole day and night at home playing game? 15% is enough it already forces be to be better than some noob (though he got way more time to get better while playing game too but nothing we can do about it)

while i agree 50% is too much because of a lot of actual good arguments (splitting community, forcing endgear before pvp can be fun etc.), your argument is really silly.

its a game, if you dont have time for it you most accept being far behind those that do.

it is a virtual world which is suppose to reflect your time investment in it, and personal investment of social networking in it. therefore if you use less time and energy than someone else, that someone should be ahead of you.

the game world should have nothing to do with how much money you invest into it. (granted that everyone should invest a bit, thats why it is b2p, but for the rest it should be purely cosmetics and maybe some convinience items (which i would say they hit pretty well in their cash shop)).

BTW: i work, go to university, got a wife, train and do gaming projects on the sideline, i DO realise what it is like not having the extra time to actually be amongst the best in the game. but that is just how these games work and you would destroy a lot of what is great about them if you tried to remove all the progression or simply made it "P2Progress/p2w" since why would i want to be forced to pay to not play the game -.- that is just a stupid concept to me..

Posted

while i agree 50% is too much because of a lot of actual good arguments (splitting community, forcing endgear before pvp can be fun etc.), your argument is really silly.

its a game, if you dont have time for it you most accept being far behind those that do.

it is a virtual world which is suppose to reflect your time investment in it, and personal investment of social networking in it. therefore if you use less time and energy than someone else, that someone should be ahead of you.

the game world should have nothing to do with how much money you invest into it. (granted that everyone should invest a bit, thats why it is b2p, but for the rest it should be purely cosmetics and maybe some convinience items (which i would say they hit pretty well in their cash shop)).

BTW: i work, go to university, got a wife, train and do gaming projects on the sideline, i DO realise what it is like not having the extra time to actually be amongst the best in the game. but that is just how these games work and you would destroy a lot of what is great about them if you tried to remove all the progression or simply made it "P2Progress/p2w" since why would i want to be forced to pay to not play the game -.- that is just a stupid concept to me..

good point but this cannot talk good an advantage of above 30%.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed.  Fixing the scaling for +16 - +20 so that they give a diminishing return would be a tremendous improvement.  As it stands now those with gear that are in the upper tier (16-20) receive massive bonuses that anyone with gear 2 or more levels lower simply can not compete with. 

Posted (edited)

This pretty much. Too many MMOs these days homogenise gear and remove any incentive to try and make your character stronger. As soon as you hit whatever gear cap there is, you can stop playing or idle around in the city. That's terribly boring and gives me zero reason to continue playing the game. Time spent in the game should be amply rewarded. Currently, BDO has made gear and enchanting desirable enough that you have plenty of reasons to go out into the world and fight over grinding spots to acquire loot and currency. If enchants +16 and above are nigh worthless and/or easy to acquire, then hardly anyone is going to bother grinding for them.

There are plenty of other MMOs where everyone's stats are the same and you can have your purist 'competitive' experience. If you want to remain competitive then you put in the time and effort to maintain your character. That's how it goes and that's part of the allure of BDO.

A decent compromise would be having arenas where players are given the same set of gear and stats. I see no problem with having arenas like that in the game, but leave an otherwise perfectly fine system well enough alone.

Edited by Leandir

Posted

This pretty much. Too many MMOs these days homogenise gear and remove any incentive to try and make your character stronger. As soon as you hit whatever gear cap there is, you can stop playing or idle around in the city. That's terribly boring and gives me zero reason to continue playing the game.

Ex. FFXIV if that's your thing.

Posted

The only thing thats needed is a nerf above 15, or the spreading of the enhancements itself should be re-done.

Then things like this wont matter that much. However, the hardcore people will still grind for 'that edge' over others.

Nerf the attack a bit and to negate the 'negative' effects, make sure that you cannot degrade after 15 and make it 19 & 20 only or something. 

- Jeasy

1 person likes this

Posted

The fact that obtaining max gear is very hard is a great aspect of the game. I totally agree with you as you always have something to grind for. However, I have to disagree with you on the big differences in a players gear depending on the amount time spent. I, for examply, do not have the time to grind for more than 6 hours a day. This will most likely result in people outgearing me and I am totally fine that they have a benefit in PvP against me. However (and thats what this thread is about), the amount of benefit they have against lower geared people is just insane. Look at this for example: 

Video speaks for itself, one guy taking on a whole guild and killing people in just a few shots. If you support this unbalanced PvP you are just retarded in my eyes. I totally agree that gear should matter and it should give you an advantage but this is just... Oh well.. You know what I mean. 

Posted

Video speaks for itself, one guy taking on a whole guild and killing people in just a few shots. If you support this unbalanced PvP you are just retarded in my eyes. I totally agree that gear should matter and it should give you an advantage but this is just... Oh well.. You know what I mean. 

No, you are the retarded one. The Ranger in the video is one of the top players in Korea (top as in best players in the game) and he's fighting a bunch of undergeared lowbies.

He's going to destroy them, no shit. Why don't you try comparing a wood raft with a Destroyer?

Posted (edited)

100000000000%

If someone plays 1 hour a day they should be able to compete with someone who plays 5. Person who plays 5 hours should be able to compete with those who play 10.

Pro FPS and MOBA players can't play 1 hour a day and stay a top player.

Edited by Jumanji

Posted

No, you are the retarded one. The Ranger in the video is one of the top players in Korea (top as in best players in the game) and he's fighting a bunch of undergeared lowbies.

He's going to destroy them, no shit. Why don't you try comparing a wood raft with a Destroyer?

Define undergeared please.. I assume a bunch of people in the Desert doing the Dragon are most likely in decent gear. Anyway, there is another video out where one guy just stands still for 6 minutes while he has 5 people constantly attacking him. I couldn't find the video but if I do I will edit this post. I am trying to make clear that gear is unbalanced making PvP gear based, if DAUM wants to aim for gear based PvP then that is fine I guess. I just won't play and with me a lot of others.

On a side note, as of the video footage that is shown we have absolutely no information about the gear. Every opinion is based on assumptions and I assume the enemies are in decent gear. What frustrates me is that the skill of this so called top player didn't make him a top player. It's the gear he is wearing that is making him a pro player.. Two hitting your opponent because you are in maxed gear.. Come on.. You don't need skill for that. 

Posted (edited)

Define undergeared please.. I assume a bunch of people in the Desert doing the Dragon are most likely in decent gear. Anyway, there is another video out where one guy just stands still for 6 minutes while he has 5 people constantly attacking him. I couldn't find the video but if I do I will edit this post. I am trying to make clear that gear is unbalanced making PvP gear based, if DAUM wants to aim for gear based PvP then that is fine I guess. I just won't play and with me a lot of others.

On a side note, as of the video footage that is shown we have absolutely no information about the gear. Every opinion is based on assumptions and I assume the enemies are in decent gear. What frustrates me is that the skill of this so called top player didn't make him a top player. It's the gear he is wearing that is making him a pro player.. Two hitting your opponent because you are in maxed gear.. Come on.. You don't need skill for that. 

You know very little about the game, it's obvious and I dislike when people like that try to change a game.

Notice how no one has their awakening with the exception of a greatsword warrior at the end of video which meant that the warrior was at least Lvl 56 but still too low and too undergeared. Everyone else is Lvl 55 and lower.

These lowbies are fighting someone with 4+ levels difference, decked in +18-20 boss gears and legendaries and fully buffed if you look at his buffs.

Edited by Catherine