• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What happened to the crowded channels?

189 posts in this topic

Posted

I've noticed recently when logging in at prime times that all of the channels generally no longer say CROWDED on Orwen (1 or 2 still do occasionally). This happened fairly recently - prior to the past week or two it was always crowded.  Did they expand capacity or has there been a huge drop off of people?

1 person likes this

Posted

2016-05-22_788225498.thumb.JPG.0f4da3c41

Edan.

Posted

They did bring back channels that were shut down for maintenance all the lag....

But honestly it looks and feels like a lot of people finally got fed up and left.

10 people like this

Posted

Simple. All hypers are gone. Now the community can start forming herself

10 people like this

Posted

someone said server capacity was increased or everyone left.

Posted (edited)

Simple. All hypers are gone. Now the community can start forming herself

Unfortunately it feels like the community did what MMO Players seem to do a lot these days, got back into the line form to wait for the game that gets it right again.

Edited by Nick Stern

Posted

someone said server capacity was increased or everyone left.

yeah I heard they increased server capacity too...who knows.  Definitely feels like slightly less people around (then again, the 3 missing channels reopened) but the crappy,laggy servers are still present.  on the brightside, I can swap toons on Valencia channels now without dc'ing every time...

Posted

Unfortunately it feels like the community did what MMO Players seem to do a lot these days, got back into the line form to wait for the game that gets it right again.

Like i said always, playing MMO games like Single Player games is the worst move people can do. Lot of people tought this game was some kind of The Witcher/Skyrim MMO with same features of a MOBA

In EU i feel less problems. Seems that Americans are less patient than European people :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If people are being driven off, I think it is for a couple of reasons. For the pure pvp players, the promised pvp features still are not in. For pve/casual players, the issues of a lack of trading, cash shop costume prices combined with a lack of visual diversity of gear and a shitty dye system and forced pvp are driving off those players. Hopefully some middle ground can be found to make the game more appealing to different groups as BDO is a fantastic game.

Edited by Cristiano
9 people like this

Posted

May sounds like a bad joke but:

did they increase servers capacity? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

PA/Daum have no one to blame but themselves.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If people are being driven off, I think it is for a couple of reasons. For the pure pvp players, the promised pvp features still are not in. For pve/casual players, the issues of a lack of trading, cash shop costume prices combined with a lack of visual diversity of gear and a shitty dye system and forced pvp are driving off those players. Hopefully some middle ground can be found to make the game more appealing to different groups as BDO is a fantastic game.

This is nearly spot on....

Even in a game when you try to be everything to everyone you tend to do nothing very well.

Like i said always, playing MMO games like Single Player games is the worst move people can do. Lot of people tought this game was some kind of The Witcher/Skyrim MMO with same features of a MOBA

In EU i feel less problems. Seems that Americans are less patient than European people :D

But how do you not play it as mainly single player when there are no Group mechanics in game.

There is no reason to group no incentives, grouping to grind even decreases your xp gain.

This game hyped itself as a sandbox but turned out to be a sand bucket and shovel. Just digging holes.

No Americans are not less patient... Just more likely to not be the doormat.

Edited by Nick Stern
5 people like this

Posted

This is what happens when you half-heartedly play the middle ground. It IS possible to make both PvE players and PvP players happy, but that method does not involve stubbornly sticking to your guns when your players tell you "This isn't going well".

Combine that with some pretty nasty imbalances that leave melee players in bad shape and funnel the playerbase into ranged, and it's not a good time.

Luckily, MMO populations ebb and flow. The only MMOs that really "die" are the ones where the company just throws their hands in the air and walks away, and nothing changes. But if Daum/Pearl Abyss take this stuff seriously now, and start working on finding compromises for the PvX playstyles as well as fixing up some of the bugs/imbalances, folks will return. Especially when some big expac comes out.

3 people like this

Posted

3 words: Blood and Wine

2 people like this

Posted

I didnt answer the question on my previous reply lol.

Q:: "What happened to the crowded channels?"

A:  Fanboys have won, the game has become a single player morpg (massive online roleplaying games). majority of those anti-suggestions people that opposed the game from headstart day 1 to late april are now gone. They essentially voiced their opinion and said the game should stay as is, and daum listened and the game is now dying faster than expected LOL. And the best part, those anti-progressive peeps are playing other games, as I said on my previous thread replies, im only here because my next game aint coming out until september next year, and I hope those hermits who destroyed this game dont go to that game and start blabbering "well, black desert had this *blah blah blah* so this game should have this *blah blah blah*" . 

That wasent a direct answer, im not daum, I give direct answers xD

The answer to the question "what happened to the crowded channels?" is simple, people left because the game has alot of complications now, the desynch (which I ignored until I died from red nose who jumped 100 ft away from me lol), the impossible to fix glitch of musas (DP disappears completely, seriously. 200DP, and I still die from white minibosses? seriously?), the lacking of playing interactions (which was stated over and over AND FREAKING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER since day 1) that was always assaulted by the former white knight fanboys who are now not playing the game (im still laughing at this fact, talk about cancer), and daums lack of communication (which, with the people who provided interviews of them quitting (Lazypeon, pvt.wigglez, and docgotgame) probly provided a little fear into daum). Seriously, the last I pointed out, all 3 streamers got a 1 on 1 interview (one of the few interviews of daum to the community), and them quitting probly affected daums decisions a lil; but who knows lol.

The newbies will play until their hearts content then realize, the games overall mechanics which is the strongest gonna keep getting stronger, will just push them away. i.e. field boss fighters, majority of hte players getting good loot are range characters and mostlikely the same players from the previous time. The "git gud" doesnt really work when talking about melees, who get stomped due to desynch lol. And the Node wars, the one were the top 20 guilds will own all of the world, and will accumulate alot of wealth, so they can afford to pay their members more, in essence making the strong guilds stronger, making future players more likely voluntarily forced into joining those stated strong guilds lol.

Just the insight of someone whos been playing since feburary
- Luca

2016-05-11_164826919.thumb.JPG.859270d0f

7 people like this

Posted

It's a niche game, of course ppl not suited for it are gonna quit.

1 person likes this

Posted

How many people have had a Q&A with Daum? (aside from the thread that had like 20+ pages of Q&A lol)

1 person likes this

Posted

-snip-

I admire your dedication to this game and the feedback you bring to the forums. It's a shame to hear a player like yourself, who had great hopes for the game at first, begin to really doubt the longevity of this game and decide to move on. Do you believe that there is still a chance for the developers to resuscitate this game or would you personally believe we are at a point where there's no fixing what's already been done? I look forward to reading your answer on this.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a niche game, of course ppl not suited for it are gonna quit.

This is not a niche game it is a game that advertised itself as Be what you want to be. With many paths to do the things Players have been looking for for Years.

They just provided broken paths broken mechanics and fail to listen to the real issues and even hide those real issues in mislabeled threads Threads that were mislabeled by the CM to hide issues and feedback.

3 people like this

Posted

I've noticed recently when logging in at prime times that all of the channels generally no longer say CROWDED on Orwen (1 or 2 still do occasionally). This happened fairly recently - prior to the past week or two it was always crowded.  Did they expand capacity or has there been a huge drop off of people?

From what I've seen Calpheon 02 seems to be the only one on Orwen that hits 'Crowded' status with any regularity lately.

I think Overwatch may have made a fair number drop off, given how much it had been discussed on the forums and ingame. When the beta opened up perhaps they tried it out, found they liked it, then lost their desire to log in to BDO. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when it launches in 2 days.

I do wonder if it's nearing the time to do away with some server channels though. When the servers aren't even reaching 'Crowded' status (letalone 'Full') during a 30% XP event and easier black stone grinding than I think that's a strong indication that we've lost a significant portion of the playerbase. That's normal with any MMO at launch.

ImuakvX.png

(for F2P MMO model, not B2P, but the trends won't be that different)

Posted

The reason... 

PVPers never stick around... if they fall behind .. they whine and quit...

PVEers are the true game stabilizers... which is why games need to cater to that element

22 people like this

Posted (edited)

People expect every MMO to be perfectly ready at launch - something has never happened for any MMO...

And then they give up right around about a month or two before any given new MMO finally does get it right. This is almost predictable: the moment people actually do start to leave, you can assume that you're about 2 months out from the patch that will make it a great game...

That said, I see 8 crowded channels right now. 5 on Uno, 2 on Orwen, and one on Edan.

Edited by Makeda Fyah

Posted

People expect every MMO to be perfectly ready at launch - something has never happened for any MMO...

And then they give up right around about a month or two before any given new MMO finally does get it right. This is almost predictable: the moment people actually do start to leave, you can assume that you're about 2 months out from the patch that will make it a great game...

Well while that is very true to an extent and I was not referring to bug fixes and content additions which fix and add to the game. I was referring to broken mechanics that they then sell fixes for in the store like pets to auto loot.

Also the game has been out for years and many of the same bugs broken mechanics still exist so the track record for fixes seems rather limited.

Posted (edited)

The reason... 

PVEers are the true game stabilizers... which is why games need to cater to that element

I really enjoy a good pvp game, but this is very true. However, i am not seeing less people personally. It seems that many are on alts, and when somone does quit, i can just as easily find a new player. Regardless, I do feel that your statement will be the pattern that this mmo follows. 

Edited by Zibbernopperrroo
2 people like this

Posted

The reason... 

Doesn't help that you have to treat this game as a 2nd job to stay competitive.

Even RUNESCAPE has a better PvP system.