• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What happened to the crowded channels?

189 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well while that is very true to an extent and I was not referring to bug fixes and content additions which fix and add to the game. I was referring to broken mechanics that they then sell fixes for in the store like pets to auto loot.

Also the game has been out for years and many of the same bugs broken mechanics still exist so the track record for fixes seems rather limited.

But but but... there is no autoloot in BDO. Pets are comfort and sure they pick up a lot but not 100%.

This is one of reoccuring issues. Ppl want it to be in and then twist things around to benfit the argument made.

Same with the T5 horse, Ghillie suit, XP weekend for downtime... just ridiculous. 

Sure BDO has issues but every MMO deals with that.

Also ppl are not always knowledgeable about the game. And refuse to look things up before posting. Ppl don't even read the OP that often. Just a title, it's rly funny.

It's not 100% what I want and not 100% what you want.  There is no and never will be an mmorpg that fits all.

Edited by Hyppocritten
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll never understand why people really care about numbers of players on a game that much. "Game will die" "GvG will not work" etc. Did you ever play a game so long that had not enough players and the servers got shot down? Only a small part of players did. You will quit for completely other reasons. Even games like Ragnarok Online that is almost 15 years old still has a server with 2000 players where the GvG works just fine. Does it really matter if there is one server with one channel at the end?

Of course you need a bigger playerbase here in BDO because of how the system works. Marketplace and so on. But I'm sure they will find measures to deal with a declining playerbase. I mean this game came out 2014 and has a lot of content (if you are open to it and not just grind to 56 and ask "where is the content"?). I mean the first addon for WoW came almost 3 years after the launch and here we got massive updates for free that will lure more players in.

Other than that It feels really crowded.

Edited by Fain

Posted

15 hours from now Overwatch launches and it'll probably pretty ghostly in BDO.  BDO is fun but with all the issues it has, I feel like it's going to set the record for folding.

I'm sorry but what would people that like mmos and magic etc.. go play on a shooterlike game like overwatch?

2 people like this

Posted

The reason... 

PVPers never stick around... if they fall behind .. they whine and quit...

PVEers are the true game stabilizers... which is why games need to cater to that element

Lineage 2 stayed alive 12 years with only pvpers so this is not accurate

Posted

I'll never understand why people really care about numbers of players on a game that much. "Game will die" "GvG will not work" etc. Did you ever play a game so long that had not enough players and the servers got shot down? Only a small part of players did. You will quit for completely other reasons. Even games like Ragnarok Online that is almost 15 years old still has a server with 2000 players where the GvG works just fine. Does it really matter if there is one server with one channel at the end?

Why it matters is because if the game doesn't remain profitable in it's current model they will have to alter that model to boost revenue.

In the other regions BDO has P2W components, so that seems like an obvious route for our region if our B2P model doesn't turn the profit they are after.

Posted

Lineage 2 stayed alive 12 years with only pvpers so this is not accurate

but lineage 2  was all about politics ,  that kept guilds going for a long time.  you also had raids in L2,   it was better designed for grouping in mind.

BD feels way more single player,  and grouping activities feel more like afterthoughts.    hopefully this things will improve with time.

Posted

Why it matters is because if the game doesn't remain profitable in it's current model they will have to alter that model to boost revenue.

In the other regions BDO has P2W components, so that seems like an obvious route for our region if our B2P model doesn't turn the profit they are after.

Even massive successes like WoW get P2W components. They will always come. Sooner or later.

Posted

but lineage 2  was all about politics ,  that kept guilds going for a long time.  you also had raids in L2,   it was better designed for grouping in mind.

BD feels way more single player,  and grouping activities feel more like afterthoughts.    hopefully this things will improve with time.

agree 100%

They have to add to BD group content and make politics first priority

Posted

Same with the T5 horse

What T5 horse? Did you try getting T7 horse just to be shafted with skills and can only remedy it with spending money in cash shop? And that after 2 months of mostly being bored to death with afk game. 

How would you like if your Ogre ring could only be gotten by fishing, 0.000001% chance, and then it would have random stats 95% of which would be totally useless, but hey! you can change them into something good with the cash shop coupon. 

1 person likes this

Posted

agree 100%

They have to add to BD group content and make politics first priority

they  need to make the game more newbie friendly .   so that new players dont need to bump into a huge Wall they cannot  ever traspass when trying to catch up with veterans .

this is a game with a lot of potential , but  there are things that are huge game breakers and need to be solved asap.

Posted

I'm sorry but what would people that like mmos and magic etc.. go play on a shooterlike game like overwatch?

Overwatch has cross genre appeal. I don't even like shooters and I'm excited for it! Anyway, I'm not just talking out my ass- during the last beta weekend for Overwatch, BDO was dead.... and that was even with 3 (4?) fewer channels and two weeks less of leaking players out every hole.

If you haven't tried it, you should. :) Just AFK horses or fishing in bdo as you give it a play.

Posted

If you haven't tried it, you should. :) 

Multiplayer only and costs 40-60€. It's bound to be a massive success like Titanfall and Rainbow Six: Siege.

1 person likes this

Posted

What T5 horse? Did you try getting T7 horse just to be shafted with skills and can only remedy it with spending money in cash shop? And that after 2 months of mostly being bored to death with afk game. 

How would you like if your Ogre ring could only be gotten by fishing, 0.000001% chance, and then it would have random stats 95% of which would be totally useless, but hey! you can change them into something good with the cash shop coupon. 

I meant the T5 horse in conq pack. Not a T7 horse, ogre ring has a 0,2% chance of dropping out of 3 or 4 mobs with a delayed spawned time. Bares necklace is the next best thing and better obtainable, prolly like a T5 or T6. In mmo's BiS items aren't meant for everyone... . I dont and prolly will never have that ogre ring or a perfect T7 horse. And that's fine.

Perspective... .

Posted

they  need to make the game more newbie friendly .   so that new players dont need to bump into a huge Wall they cannot  ever traspass when trying to catch up with veterans .

this is a game with a lot of potential , but  there are things that are huge game breakers and need to be solved asap.

i dont agree with that. what will happen then in 1 year? they should sell level caped characters? they will catchup when they catchup. its not a race... its a game. let them make an effort like we did.

1 person likes this

Posted

#Whinners

#NoNinja

#MakeBladerOPasSorc

#ReleasetheAwakeningsalready

#FixYourservers

Forgot something ?

Posted

i dont agree with that. what will happen then in 1 year? they should sell level caped characters? they will catchup when they catchup. its not a race... its a game. let them make an effort like we did.

The game won't attract new players if they know they'll be looking at months of being a punching bag before ever getting the chance at a fair fight. Catchup mechanics move newer players into the upper end of the game to replace the players who leave. Without that, in 1 year you'll have the handful of players left at the top twiddling their thumbs as they complain that there's nobody to fight.

1 person likes this

Posted

I meant the T5 horse in conq pack. Not a T7 horse, ogre ring has a 0,2% chance of dropping out of 3 or 4 mobs with a delayed spawned time. Bares necklace is the next best thing and better obtainable, prolly like a T5 or T6. In mmo's BiS items aren't meant for everyone... . I dont and prolly will never have that ogre ring or a perfect T7 horse. And that's fine.

Perspective... .

Only if the only reasonable way to obtain that BIS item is through the cash shop then it is not fine.

let them make an effort like we did.

Only you didnt have a bunch of bored, geared up to the teeth lvl 58 gankers hunting you when you just started the game. Easy to make "effort" like that.

Posted

#Whinners

#NoNinja

#MakeBladerOPasSorc

#FixYourservers

Forgot something ?

#PermabanTheCheaters

Posted

#Whinners

#NoNinja

#MakeBladerOPasSorc

#FixYourservers

Forgot something ?

*#whiners.

+ #gankers

+ #haxxors

+ #p2w

- there's probably a few more. ;)

Posted

Ah and this

#Zerkistrashfixit

Posted

Overwatch has cross genre appeal. I don't even like shooters and I'm excited for it! Anyway, I'm not just talking out my ass- during the last beta weekend for Overwatch, BDO was dead.... and that was even with 3 (4?) fewer channels and two weeks less of leaking players out every hole.

If you haven't tried it, you should. :) Just AFK horses or fishing in bdo as you give it a play.

I've seen gameplay, it doesn't interest me one bit, I dislike shooters and mobas, only shooter I really do like was the old wolfenstein enemy territory, and no bdo isn't dead there are still loads and loads of people playing it. It just that every thing has it's peak in beginning often, bdo had that now it's settling down but not dead, overwatch will also have it's peak and a little later it will also settle down.. that's just how it is.
Also it's end of school , people start to go to vacation, have exams, people taking break from work going on vacation, spend time with kids etc.. it's normal for less people to play now..

If I had my weeks of from work I would not play bdo or any game either, I'd be on a holliday sightseeing and drinking a -----tail at the beach somewhere.. when I come back home I start playing bdo again.. and I'm sure there are lots of other people doing or wanting to do that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also it's end of school , people start to go to vacation, have exams, people taking break from work going on vacation, spend time with kids etc.. it's normal for less people to play now.

Not really, actually exactly the opposite, summer is and always was the most active time in MMOs.

Posted

Not really, actually exactly the opposite, summer is and always was the most active time in MMOs.

I have different experience in wow etc.. summer was when most people went on vacation and it was alot emptier.. There is more people thru out the day because those who stay can play all day, instead of work/school but also alot go on holliday to different countries.. so it seems like summer is more active but not in population numbers, but it is in individual , u know what I'm saying? Its logical and from my experience.

Posted

The reason... 

PVPers never stick around... if they fall behind .. they whine and quit...

PVEers are the true game stabilizers... which is why games need to cater to that element

It depend of the game, and how the pvp is well thought, but i can agree with that. ( especialy here considering how broken the pvp is )

And so far, from their recent interview PA is planing on improove the pve tho.

Posted

It depend of the game, and how the pvp is well thought, but i can agree with that. ( especialy here considering how broken the pvp is )

And so far, from their recent interview PA is planing on improove the pve tho.

Which is great, but improving PvE is completely useless if they insist on making PvE players unwilling targets for wannabe PvP players.

Unless they finally get that through their devheads, game's going nowhere.  PvE players subsidize PvP players.  I can dig that.  I have no desire to provide their content for them as well though.

5 people like this