• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Late release of already available awakening weapons - REPOST

806 posts in this topic

Posted

1)korea is pushing back the release on wizard and kunoichi awakenings in order to do some balance

I thought it was only wiz/witch? can you link the article?

Posted (edited)

Well, listening alone isn't going to do a thing. I would be happy if they never talked to us but showed they listen with actions. Since they do nothing about anything, who gives a F even if they do talk to us?

But they have been showing you exactly what you're asking for; with actions.

If that's truly what you wanted you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

I have a sneaking suspicion that's not really what you mean, I feel like you want them to respond to the things you feel are priority.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

But they have been showing you exactly what you're asking for; with actions.

If that's truly what you wanted you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

I have a sneaking suspicion that's not really what you mean, I feel like you want them to respond to the things you feel are priority.

pretty shure server stability/class balance should be priority over new content.

Posted

pretty shure server stability/class balance should be priority over new content.

Good news!

They've done balancing basically every month and server upgrades are in the process of being fully implemented already, with some of the work done.

Posted

Good news!
They've done balancing basically every month and server upgrades are in the process of being fully implemented already, with some of the work done.

The balance updates are just ports of what Korea already had on live, none of it was unique to our version excluding the Musa/Maewha changes and possibly the zerker health increase.

Posted

I don't even use forums much but I decided to log in and throw my 10 cents in there.

All I can say for sure is that, this news and the CM's comment of ''Awakening not coming soon.''  just really killed the initiative and motivation to keep grinding.

The hype for Awakening was unreal for Warriors/Zerks because it was literally the only thing that kept us going while playing a ''gimped'' Class.

Sure, We're tanky, we're meant to rush in and CC, and be cannon fodder in GVG, which I have fun with as a Zerker.

But even then, it doesn't take much for a geared Ranger to tear through my 220 dp and 3k+ HP, and let's not even begin with how easy a Sorc can do it. 

and that's with +15 weapons, what will happen once everyone starts running around with +18 or more?

DP Builds will not be able to compare and keep up AP builds once that launches.

Now with the news that we won't see awakening until September or so, because Duam wants to keep a game ''Balanced.''

I'll probably just force myself to grind to 56, test the waters to see how Valencia will be, and probably put this game on a shelf until September and hope I can keep up with the Rangers/Wizards/Witches who kept consistently grinding during that time.

3 people like this

Posted

The balance updates are just ports of what Korea already had on live, none of it was unique to our version excluding the Musa/Maewha changes and possibly the zerker health increase.

Well duh... Balance changes are done by the developers so naturally they are going to come from the developers.

DP builds have never been able to compare or keep pace with AP builds and unless DP scaling gets an overhaul it never will; it's really only viable if you go full support wiz and even then it's just to act as a buffer to increase the chances you survive between CC and teleporting.

Posted

Good news!
They've done balancing basically every month and server upgrades are in the process of being fully implemented already, with some of the work done.

Warriors have been completly ignored for the past few months. and server upgrades should of been done on day 1. we're how far in now?

Posted

I don't even use forums much but I decided to log in and throw my 10 cents in there.

All I can say for sure is that, this news and the CM's comment of ''Awakening not coming soon.''  just really killed the initiative and motivation to keep grinding.

The hype for Awakening was unreal for Warriors/Zerks because it was literally the only thing that kept us going while playing a ''gimped'' Class.

Sure, We're tanky, we're meant to rush in and CC, and be cannon fodder in GVG, which I have fun with as a Zerker.

But even then, it doesn't take much for a geared Ranger to tear through my 220 dp and 3k+ HP, and let's not even begin with how easy a Sorc can do it. 

and that's with +15 weapons, what will happen once everyone starts running around with +18 or more?

Now with the news that we won't see awakening until September or so, because Duam wants to keep a game ''Balanced.''

I'll probably just force myself to grind to 56, test the waters to see how Valencia will be, and probably put this game on a shelf until September and hope I can keep up with the Rangers/Wizards/Witches who kept consistently grinding during that time.

Brother.. we're all feeling that way right now. No doubt it will get much more severe because Valencia introduces the BiS accessories that isn't ogre ring

2016-05-18_469268826.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

I am :/ got enough shit for playing warrior already.

EDIT: Like I wrote already to my guild. Nerfing the mobs will make farming even EASIER for classes that don't struggle like warriors and zerkers do

Farewell my friend hope to see you in an other game

1 person likes this

Posted

So guys i have to QQ aswell..

Warrior farming is just a -----in joke...... I spend weeks now to gear up my warrior did almost every zarka still no weapon but fine it got nerfed didnt saw a drop last few weeks switched to liverto its ok for now a bit of a money waist but still better than trash yuria... So im pretty well geared Full Ultimate Grunil Mark and Witch's duo pri treespirit both axion and vangertz +15 scarla duo bares tri and full duo dp gear and im level 56 and still other classes with way worse gear like normal marks/witchs and stuff can farm pirate island like twice as fast than me... I tested it with a ranger/valk/sorc everyone started the same time and gear and the results i'll ended up the last place ! The first place ofcause a ranger had 1300 bandanas an hour ill had 650 something like that valk and sorc ended like almost same speed around 1000 bandanas.. 

PLEASE DAUM you guys cant release valencia without buffing warrior or releasing awakening i dont wanna reroll to ranger or sorc because warriors cant farm. Every other class is boring and wizard can deal with the fact they dont have their awakening yet their farming is strong enough pleaseeee... 

My suggestion

What about givin Spinning Slash more damage in pve and a frontguard while casting it like the sorc skill Claws of Darkness aleast in pve would be great in pvp aswell

Scars of Dusk what about an lower cooldown like down to 6-4 seconds. Life leech would be an option too.

What about Forward Slash's wp recovery cause currently its a joke just check valk's recovery its like 3 times as fast than warriors.

What about Groundsmash can knockdown every mob expect elites and stuff.

What about a Heavy Strike rework and make it usefull currently its ........

I can do this all day long something need to get changed or give atleast warrior and giant their awakenings so they can farm almost same speed like sorcs and stuff.

I didnt even mentioned the dsync problems while pvpin its ok i can deal with that warrior is still ok pvp wise

I'm really scared Valencia is going to be pain in the ass without any warrior changes and i probably gonna quit until u guys release awakening or buff warrior

Last words:

Sry for my bad english i tried my best :D 

Regards Rewarc !

Lot of nice suggestions here. 

Posted

lol rip game

Posted

Farewell my friend hope to see you in an other game

Thanks mate. Good luck in the game

Posted

Warriors have been completly ignored for the past few months. and server upgrades should of been done on day 1. we're how far in now?

Because what warriors need in a post cc nerf BDO is awakenings. For all the complaints warrior is actually in an ok spot other than being a bit slow on kill times (emphasis on "ok" because they aren't really in a good place).

Server upgrades on day one are a thing not even giants like Blizzard does. If you build your infrastructure around launch figures you overspend. I agree in terms of being an end user it needed to be proactively fixed but from a business sense perspective that's a good way to kill your momentum before you get it. We're 3 months in(assuming you count headstart), and the wheels went into motion at the end of last month.

Posted

We have classes with awakening nerfs. With no awakenings. This is a very good post  and should not be ignored. The biggest Valencia content IS awakening. And it's being pushed back for months till who knows when. 

Daum needs to rethink what they're doing and stop making retarded decisions on a game they clearly don't play.

We need awakenings for Valencia. If KR managed one at once and no one died. We can manage the majority at once then release afterwards ninja/kunoichi and witch/wizard as they're not even done yet in KR. 

@CM_Jouska, @CM_Tytyes

Posted

We have classes with awakening nerfs. With no awakenings. This is a very good post  and should not be ignored. The biggest Valencia content IS awakening. And it's being pushed back for months till who knows when. 

Daum needs to rethink what they're doing and stop making retarded decisions on a game they clearly don't play.

We need awakenings for Valencia. If KR managed one at once and no one died. We can manage the majority at once then release afterwards ninja/kunoichi and witch/wizard as they're not even done yet in KR. 

@CM_Jouska, @CM_Tytyes

This thread wasn't ignored, it was commented on.

Unfortunately Awakenings are going to be a ways off as they want to put them all out at once. 

Posted

Literally every warrior in the game, with a ton of zerkers right in line behind us. It's -----ing absurd to use PVP balance as an excuse to not release awakenings. There was never a problem with them in the KR server that wasn't solved within a week or two with minor tweaks. We can port them exactly as they are now on KR and everything would be fine. Several KR players have been outspoken about the game feeling very well balanced in its current state on KR, there is literally no excuse not to bring them now other than the Dev team not being willing to.

Every argument the CM raised was a strawman, and a bad one at that. I honestly can't believe "PVP balance" was listed by a CM as a legit reason to not bring awakenings. Implying that the game is in a well balanced state without them. Just wow.

I'm 100% with you on this.

I've been on Daum's side since release, speaking in their defense against most of the worthless complaining that people come to these forums with and this is the first chain of threads with complaints that I actually stand behind completely. These Awakenings do not break the PvP balance, they make it better. They actually put other classes on par with the ones that are currently dominating across the board. These complaints that people have with this topic are not baseless, they are not just being whiny or entitled. The game has been out for 3 months, we're getting Valencia with the 4th month and we won't be getting Awakenings? Not okay. Awakenings are the -primary- piece of content I think many people, if not everyone, was looking forward to with Valencia. Sure, we're getting sieges but we were already hoping for those months ago, and sure we're getting Nouver but that is just us finally getting our BiS offhands, big whoop. Compared to getting Awakenings...those things are so very, very minor.

Everyone here wanting Awakenings sooner rather than later, me among them, are not saying this to be selfish but because we see what players from KR say, they actively have held AMAs on Reddit and speak with people in-game, and even play the NA/EU versions and across the board they seem to all agree that KR is still pretty well balanced even though 4 classes lack their Awakenings.

Yes Daum has had the luxury to be able to release all Awakenings at once, but clearly they need to understand that waiting for even Ninja/Kunoichi Awakenings to release is going to be too long. Yes, you can tweak and alter things in our version but that isn't a solution, that is just applying a bandage to a problem that will just persist. This isn't just about the PvE side of it, it is also about the PvP side. 

Also isn't Russia still lacking their Awakening weapons completely and the Russian version has been out for over a year? I'm not okay with that happening here, I'm not sure anyone is. We're already 4 months in, seemingly waiting for Witch/Wizard Awakenings to release which were already confirmed to be intended to take longer than others (potentially around September or further off). This does not strike me as okay. That wait time is just...absolutely atrocious and unacceptable.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm 100% with you on this.

I've been on Daum's side since release, speaking in their defense against most of the worthless complaining that people come to these forums with and this is the first chain of threads with complaints that I actually stand behind completely. These Awakenings do not break the PvP balance, they make it better. They actually put other classes on par with the ones that are currently dominating across the board. These complaints that people have with this topic are not baseless, they are not just being whiny or entitled. The game has been out for 3 months, we're getting Valencia with the 4th month and we won't be getting Awakenings? Not okay. Awakenings are the -primary- piece of content I think many people, if not everyone, was looking forward to with Valencia. Sure, we're getting sieges but we were already hoping for those months ago, and sure we're getting Nouver but that is just us finally getting our BiS offhands, big whoop. Compared to getting Awakenings...those things are so very, very minor.

Everyone here wanting Awakenings sooner rather than later, me among them, are not saying this to be selfish but because we see what players from KR say, they actively have held AMAs on Reddit and speak with people in-game, and even play the NA/EU versions and across the board they seem to all agree that KR is still pretty well balanced even though 4 classes lack their Awakenings.

Yes Daum has had the luxury to be able to release all Awakenings at once, but clearly they need to understand that waiting for even Ninja/Kunoichi Awakenings to release is going to be too long. Yes, you can tweak and alter things in our version but that isn't a solution, that is just applying a bandage to a problem that will just persist. This isn't just about the PvE side of it, it is also about the PvP side. 

Also isn't Russia still lacking their Awakening weapons completely and the Russian version has been out for over a year? I'm not okay with that happening here, I'm not sure anyone is. We're already 4 months in, seemingly waiting for Witch/Wizard Awakenings to release which were already confirmed to be intended to take longer than others (potentially around September or further off). This does not strike me as okay. That wait time is just...absolutely atrocious and unacceptable.

imo, waiting till kunoi and ninja are done is fine, that's 2 months, the same time they want to release the ACTUAL CLASSES(which I think is ridiculous btw) as long as those 2 don't get delayed it's fine

Posted

This thread wasn't ignored, it was commented on.
Unfortunately Awakenings are going to be a ways off as they want to put them all out at once. 

true, but i think the main point of the thread is that many believe they should change their stance from waiting on all patches, to getting them out in current state. Waiting on wizard is too far away for the balance awakening brings, and ninja isnt planned to be in game till late july at earliest, so why delay for a class we dont have, and one that is currently holding its own against others with awakening.

imo, waiting till kunoi and ninja are done is fine, that's 2 months, the same time they want to release the ACTUAL CLASSES(which I think is ridiculous btw) as long as those 2 don't get delayed it's fine

why should a lot of classes suck now, in order to wait for a class that doesnt currently exist, and which, if they planned to release ninja with awakening anyway, would make no difference at all for a new player playing ninja?

lets wait to balance the game, for a class that doesnt exist? that doesnt seem logical

3 people like this

Posted

true, but i think the main point of the thread is that many believe they should change their stance from waiting on all patches, to getting them out in current state. Waiting on wizard is too far away for the balance awakening brings, and ninja isnt planned to be in game till late july at earliest, so why delay for a class we dont have, and one that is currently holding its own against others with awakening.

AFAIK we wont be waiting for wiz considering those got delayed in Korea.

I also am not totally convinced the decision was simply something Daum EU has final say over it but I really can't be sure.

I really doubt people are going to get them to budge on this unfortunately, and I say this as someone mostly playing warrior and musa who both really need their awakenings to function well.

Posted

DAUM, I don't know what is Your way of thinking as I believe You don't put enough focus to keep us updated with where You are going. However, just take a look at what we are all saying about the whole "BALANCE" that You refer to. Please, as a player I am asking You to have a look at what is happening.

Posted

AFAIK we wont be waiting for wiz considering those got delayed in Korea.
I also am not totally convinced the decision was simply something Daum EU has final say over it but I really can't be sure.

I really doubt people are going to get them to budge on this unfortunately, and I say this as someone mostly playing warrior and musa who both really need their awakenings to function well.

they definitely dont have final say, but based on what they said, they have some leeway in deciding when awakenings are released. I think its for the best interest of all for that to be sooner rather than later, at this point

Posted

Korea managed with only a few awakenings out as well. I'd much prefer them sooner rather than later. Holding them back for so long will probably just result in people getting tired and bored.

Totally, thats why every single person who plays KR that I talked to told me that the classes without awakening are, and have always been the least played ones.

Posted

Wouldn't balancing the game pre-awakening in terms of compensating for the lack of awakenings, bring around that much more work to double efforts in balancing it back when awakening finally do (if ever) release? Assuming we kept up with KR and got awakenings with what has already been released, there would be theoretically less effort involved as all the pieces would be available and workable, rather than building around a game that lacks major content, only to essentially break it back into shape and hope things work in the world.

Also what if there's a new class before Witch/Wizard get their awakenings? Are we just going to perpetually wait until "all" classes have their awakenings before releasing such a major content piece to the public? It's a huge piece of the game to be withholding.

Posted

Should I mention that scars and spinning slash may have down attack still going but it's registered as a down crit and shown as a regular crit instead as a visual bug? or intended? I see my dmg being okay with it and everything so far at 100AP+..

As for the other stuff.. I don't care. I just want my greatsword :3