• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Late release of already available awakening weapons - REPOST

806 posts in this topic

Posted

Nevermind my post, thought you were talking about a zerker throw not a warriors shield throw. I've personally never seen a person claim how OP a Warrior or Tamer is though. That seems a strange concept to me. Unless it had something to do with their awakening GS or before Tamer/ CC nerf.

tamer isn't OP, but certainly more balanced than Warrior.

I do hate the pet mechanic and think it doesn't belong in an action MMO though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nevermind my post, thought you were talking about a zerker throw not a warriors shield throw. I've personally never seen a person claim how OP a Warrior or Tamer is though. That seems a strange concept to me. Unless it had something to do with their awakening GS or before Tamer/ CC nerf.

Just scroll back, it's on this post and how it even came up in the first place lol.

I was commenting to somebody laughing about someone else saying something like "warrior is op? That's a laugh, you must be a sorc" and I just chimed in and said usually when I see that it's tamers saying it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can certainly agree there. However, I don't think the pet mechanic is out of place (maybe overdone), look at WoW, GW, BnS, etc...

I feel for the warriors though, I really do. Slow ass grinding for gear and mediocre PvP at best. I feel like whenever a warrior shows up to a fight, the other classes are all thinking...

CcOXtEB.thumb.gif.3e2ea4ddb6383cc31a2585

Posted

A good tamer will beat Warrior 1v1 every time

2 people like this

Posted

Just scroll back, it's on this post and how it even came up in the first place lol.
I was commenting to somebody laughing about someone else saying something like "warrior is op? That's a laugh, you must be a sorc" and I just chimed in and said usually when I see that it's tamers saying it.

Yeah I just did and thats a big "kappa" on Warriors being OP.

Posted

Yeah I just did and thats a big "kappa" on Warriors being OP.

I have a level 50 warrior and I do think it's cute when people say they are OP.

I kinda want to tell them to make a warrior and see if they still feel that way.

Posted

I don't whine too much in forums because I'd rather play the game...but awakening being delayed for that much time really disheartens me and a lot of people...I hope I can last till awakening, because it looks very sad for a lot off melee classes that will rely on awakening for Valencia patch. I think Daum is really handling this in a bad way, but what do I know? :(

Posted

I have a level 50 warrior and I do think it's cute when people say they are OP.
I kinda want to tell them to make a warrior and see if they still feel that way.

People dump all their DPS into the shield and then QQ about warrior being immortal. Those people will never learn. Guard gets lowered on every CC attempt we make excluding shield charge. There are tons of openings.

Posted (edited)

People dump all their DPS into the shield and then QQ about warrior being immortal. Those people will never learn. Guard gets lowered on every CC attempt we make excluding shield charge. There are tons of openings.

No kidding.

Which is why I say they should actually play a warrior and see if they still feel that way. Once they figure out that they are just attacking warriors wrong and it's actually a very high skill class to pull off well they might sing a very different tune.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Warriors are not under-powered, we just don't have the damage potential / options like other classes do.

Tbh the only class I actually can't beat as a Warrior is a Sorc if = or better geared. Thats just because Sorcs are OP.

Rangers, Valks, Tamers, Giants, Bladers and other Warriors are all fairly easy for me to fight as a Warrior. 

I feel like a lot of Warriors just don't have the skill level to utilize their class effectively just yet, and think that it's the classes fault, when its not.

We suck ass at PvE though.

Edited by Dragoon

Posted

@Oneuproad and some other users have recommended and hire some people that actually got a -----ing clue about this game. You need such a person on your team to stop this chain of shitty decisions and keep your playerbase intact.

I actually did apply before the release to be a GM or CM, but as you see i got denied. Maybe i am a bit harsh person to be one though, but to act as a nice guy is not so hard be honest, but to actually tell an entire community "ok we -----ed up" that requires balls, but people would still prefer that. I think it was in this space game MMORPG not sure the name ,EVE online maybe, where they released a patch and then there was a major complaining and then the publisher wrote "ok we -----ed up, we reroll and you guys can give advices". That is toptier, this is why i liked also Private Server staff members because they just knew what is the deal.

Posted

Well, we´re just -----ed. Now I can play the money game till august woohooo

Posted (edited)

I actually did apply before the release to be a GM or CM, but as you see i got denied. Maybe i am a bit harsh person to be one though, but to act as a nice guy is not so hard be honest, but to actually tell an entire community "ok we -----ed up" that requires balls, but people would still prefer that. I think it was in this space game MMORPG not sure the name ,EVE online maybe, where they released a patch and then there was a major complaining and then the publisher wrote "ok we -----ed up, we reroll and you guys can give advices". That is toptier, this is why i liked also Private Server staff members because they just knew what is the deal.

you're correct about it being EvE online. the patch was Incarna, and for over a week the community waged "Riot's" outside of the main trade hubs untill the devs spoke up.

The problem with this comparison is unlike so many years ago in eve during the impending incarna update where countless thousands waged riots across the trade hubs. we were the version being copy/pasted to another language.

with BDO this is not the case, the shoes on the other foot and we're a few hundred screaming on the forums. and however much i or you disagree with the call, i doubt daum has any say in the matter.
they very well may. but as another poster cited early in the thread normaly the relationship between western-KR is one of many "mother may i?"

Edited by Bobmon

Posted

Well, we´re just -----ed. Now I can play the money game till august woohooo

at least* august.

The word was not before.

they very well may. but as another poster cited early in the thread normaly the relationship between western-KR is one of many "mother may i?"

They like me, they really like me. ;) (that was me)

Posted

you're correct about it being EvE online. the patch was Incarna, and for over a week the community waged "Riot's" outside of the main trade hubs untill the devs spoke up.

The problem with this comparison is unlike so many years ago in eve during the impending incarna update where countless thousands waged riots across the trade hubs. we were the version being copy/pasted to another language.

with BDO this is not the case, the shoes on the other foot and we're a few hundred screaming on the forums. and however much i or you disagree with the call, i doubt daum has any say in the matter.

They wrote "let us make our own Black Desert Online". Close enough i guess. :|

Posted (edited)

They wrote "let us make our own Black Desert Online". Close enough i guess. :|

ye. false promises normaly don't go over very well.

They like me, they really like me. ;) (that was me)

:P

Edited by Bobmon

Posted (edited)

You guys want to be heard simple boycott. If all classes affected by thier crap balance logic....

stop spending money on cash shop. The message will go straight to the top so fast.... spread the message 

Edited by Varna

Posted

Please remain on topic and leave the QQ behind. 

It's already a big issue Daum wants to choke us with bad decisions. And that they're pretty much ignoring a whole deal of it.

Posted (edited)

redacted due to being off-topic

Edited by Biggians
1 person likes this

Posted

On top of that there are 2 things to notice, first not all classes have their awakening skill ready to be released, this is not a matter of "this new class has an issue let's try to fix it", it can only be solved by waiting, would it be ok for them to wait ? Would it be if we were playing a class without awakening when everybody has its own ? 

I think some classes haven't get their awakening weapon for a long time in Korea. Do you mean this game was/is totaly broken during this time? In my opinion there are some classes they need their awakening more than other, like Warrior and Gaint. 

Maybe mobs will get a nerf so that warriors could grind them easily ..what will this change for other classes like ranger or wizard? 

I'm waiting for my ninja. All others can play their classes. It's absolutely the same situation which DAUM/PA try to avoid. Could you stop all players which current are playing their main classes? Only to demonstrate consistency with this release philosophy. 

Sorry for this sarcasm, but I know when my ninja is released there will be a gap of 550+ skillpoints between my fresh ninja and the leading ones. Maybe I will reach level 57+ in less time. A char which was created before mediah reached 750+ skillpoints when he reached 55. For compare a char after mediah release will reach 55 with only few points after their softcap. So I hope I will have some weeks between class release and awakening. Could be very frustrating if the awakening weapon is available but you couldn't use it. A skilltree with 1000 special needs a lot of grinding.  So I see no real reason for waiting. 

I belive only Warrior and Gaint get a awakening which will change their gameplay totaly. Sorc, Tamer and Valk have a awakening ready ... and I believe no musa/maehwa or wizard/witch player expected that he get his awakening with all other classes. 

So

+1 release first awakenings weapons shortly after valencia. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There's literally no way you'd win any fight against an equally skilled valk. their damage output is higher, they have a self heal, and they have better CCs. You have mobility on them, but that means nothing in that match-up. 

Likewise, equally skilled/geared tamers will win that 1v1 most of the time. I'd put our odds at 50% at best, realistically more like 35-40%. Pet stuns through guard. Their AOE also stuns through guard. They also have a grapple and good burst, while being on relatively equal mobility levels.

Giants are probably the definition of an anti-thesis to warrior. they rarely move without being in super-armor, they have several grabs to go through our shield, and despite popular belief, they have very good pvp burst damage through the float spin combo.

@Oneuproad would likely agree with me on all points.

I rank warrior somewhere around 5th best class overall in 1v1s. That position gets much worse as you move into GvG.

Valky has reliable static high burst combo, we do not have reliable burst combo.

Cannot say, i have never met any tamers that were not carried by the Pet random claw slap in mid of my combo that is completely random, i would have finished off so many tamers if it was not for the pet random slap. But a few days ago i made a change in the rotation it works now better, but still if the pet slaps before the changed phase then it is whatever.

Problem with Giants is that even if they are skilled their damage is so less that you most likely can pot it up mid combo, at least majority of the dmg. But yea, it is a horrible setup that mostly ends with the Giant running out of potion because they are full DP most of the time.

But i would rank warrior to be 1st 1v1 class, it is just awfully broken in the right hands if it comes to 1v1 regardless of arena or open world.

Posted

Seriously? What's the point of releasing Valencia 1+2 first when every non ranger/wiz/sorc won't be able to grind it without awakenings.

Posted (edited)

Valky has reliable static high burst combo, we do not have reliable burst combo.

Cannot say, i have never met any tamers that were not carried by the Pet random claw slap in mid of my combo that is completely random, i would have finished off so many tamers if it was not for the pet random slap. But a few days ago i made a change in the rotation it works now better, but still if the pet slaps before the changed phase then it is whatever.

Problem with Giants is that even if they are skilled their damage is so less that you most likely can pot it up mid combo, at least majority of the dmg. But yea, it is a horrible setup that mostly ends with the Giant running out of potion because they are full DP most of the time.

But i would rank warrior to be 1st 1v1 class, it is just awfully broken in the right hands if it comes to 1v1 regardless of arena or open world.

This is quite surprising. Above a valk? That just doesn't seem right at all. Valk has better everything than Warr except mobility. Mobility might give you the edge in open world against certain classes where you can easily retreat and pot up, but in arena? Naw. Above sorc is borderline insane. Sorc gets a kd and is essentially guarenteed a kill. Warr gets a full combo and is lucky to walk out with a kill. I'd say ranking it 3rd overall is being optimistic.

Warr has a lot of room for personal skill in the kit, but so does Sorc, and Valk just has better everything IMO when talking 1v1. Celestial Spear, iframes, self heal, better burst.

Edited by Biggians

Posted

Alright, so I've been considering this issue more.

To me it seems like there was a bit of an issue in planning that Daum had. It seems like their initial release schedule, the one that Dulfy had originally posted about on his website (SOURCE), was more than likely intended to be held to but I don't think that they were prepared for possible changes to it (such as Ninja/Kunoichi being delayed). Which brings up a valid point into why the Awakenings are delayed for such a significant amount of time.

I've had a discussion with a friend of mine whom is actually a game designer and he had some interesting input into the problem that many players are having and it further supports why I think Daum didn't plan things out very well.

One thing he brought up is that they may be waiting for Ninja/Kunoichi to release before they implement Awakening weapons because the coding for the game won't support adding the Awakenings until all relevant classes associated with an awakening are even available, which in June the Ninja Awakening would be in the code so if we lacked the ninja then they couldn't possibly add the code to our version of the game.

I think this image right here might actually support that idea considering the context of Tytyes wording.
LgwHXii.png

Now I mentioned this to my friend and his take on it was that game companies have found ways around these kinds of issues before within the coding of the game. He brought up that games before have shadow patched in classes and then simply disabled them or made them unavailable so that they could implement content still within the game without needing to wait for these classes to be released officially.

So if the Ninja and Kunoichi not being in the game files, and them not going to be until July, is potentially stopping them from adding Awakening weapons due to it being a technical issue in the actual coding of the game then I do think that while Tytyes says the whole situation is in discussion, then maybe they should likely look into this as a possible solution.

Sometimes these kinds of things can be an oversight, or planning has just gone awry. I understand that staggered content just comes with the territory when we're talking about MMORPGs, but right now our version is in a situation where many classes are suffering in PvE -and- PvP balance due to the current variety of KR nerf patches that we have (post awakening class nerfs, evasion nerf, CC nerf, etc).

Quote this, repost it, like it. Get this out there if you want. If this situation is being discussed internally at Daum, and potentially with Pearl Abyss, then I think this should be brought up or at least have a CM or PM confirm/deny that all possible solutions have been looked at. This is very clearly an issue that the community has and is -very- displeased with, it would probably be a good idea for your positive strides in communication to not falter now.

(MADE A REPOST OF THIS HERE SO I CAN GET IT INTO BOTH RELEVANT THREADS)

5 people like this

Posted

This is quite surprising. Above a valk? That just doesn't seem right at all. Valk has better everything than Warr except mobility. Mobility might give you the edge in open world against certain classes where you can easily retreat and pot up, but in arena? Naw. Above sorc is borderline insane. Sorc gets a kd and is essentially guarenteed a kill. Warr gets a full combo and is lucky to walk out with a kill. I'd say ranking it 3rd overall is being optimistic.

Warr has a lot of room for personal skill in the kit, but so does Sorc, and Valk just has better everything IMO when talking 1v1. Celestial Spear, iframes, self heal, better burst.

Something with low mobility is the easiest to catch that is what can turn the tables against Valky. Valkys use practically only  2 CCs, the Long-Range CC and the Grab. Now if you avoid the long-range CC you are free to go as their burst combo is halved at least for a few seconds. I am not going deep into this as it is not revelant to the thread.

And sorcs are easy kills, they are just too easy to play sadly.