• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Late release of already available awakening weapons - REPOST

806 posts in this topic

Posted

There's literally no way you'd win any fight against an equally skilled valk. their damage output is higher, they have a self heal, and they have better CCs. You have mobility on them, but that means nothing in that match-up. 

Likewise, equally skilled/geared tamers will win that 1v1 most of the time. I'd put our odds at 50% at best, realistically more like 35-40%. Pet stuns through guard. Their AOE also stuns through guard. They also have a grapple and good burst, while being on relatively equal mobility levels.

Giants are probably the definition of an anti-thesis to warrior. they rarely move without being in super-armor, they have several grabs to go through our shield, and despite popular belief, they have very good pvp burst damage through the float spin combo.

@Oneuproad would likely agree with me on all points.

There's plenty of ways to win, they can't damage you if they can't cc you. 

Tamers are a challenge if they spam Q, in which case I stay far away and do the same until they make a move.

Giants are fair and beatable if gear is =. 

Idc who agrees with you either. Fact is that Warriors have what it takes to best almost any class in a 1v1, and in a GVG our role is not to win a 1v1, so idek why you mentioned it.

Posted

this is absolutely not acceptable give us what is currently avaiable do not pull a trion here k thanks

Posted

GIVE ME AWAKENINGGGGGGG i must cannon fire everything...derp

Posted (edited)

Valky has reliable static high burst combo, we do not have reliable burst combo.

Cannot say, i have never met any tamers that were not carried by the Pet random claw slap in mid of my combo that is completely random, i would have finished off so many tamers if it was not for the pet random slap. But a few days ago i made a change in the rotation it works now better, but still if the pet slaps before the changed phase then it is whatever.

Problem with Giants is that even if they are skilled their damage is so less that you most likely can pot it up mid combo, at least majority of the dmg. But yea, it is a horrible setup that mostly ends with the Giant running out of potion because they are full DP most of the time.

But i would rank warrior to be 1st 1v1 class, it is just awfully broken in the right hands if it comes to 1v1 regardless of arena or open world.

I disagree, warriors are way too gear dependent.  At a certain point of DP on even a Ranger (170 with full Ult Grunil) - you aren't going to be able to kill them reliably in open world.

I also disagree with Zerkers not having good damage - I just think you run into bad Zerkers.  I have 220 DP pre-buff and pre-food so I feel like I have a good idea of what classes do damage and which classes don't.  Certain Zerkers can more easily than warriors (IMO) burn targets.

Saying "warriors are balanced" because some dude with a Kzarka / DUO Accessories / and AP stacking can kill people is not really indicative of proper class balance.  Anyone who even mentions 1v1 balance is really bringing up a moot point.  1v1 balance has never been the proper concern of any MMO ever and never should be.

Warriors have no unique role until awakening - and TBH the float combo that NEEDS TO BE SUCCESSFUL to kill targets fails at least 70% should also not be indicative.  "I got a perfect CC combo off with no resistance fails or desync and won a fight" <----  That is not balance

Not to mention we are ***FORCED*** to use Vangertz, which while an awesome shield has no AP.  Every class gets solid access to AP accessories except for warriors - and we're forced to use Vangertz because our abilities have absolute AIDS acc. multipliers.

Edited by Faeron

Posted

You guys want to be heard simple boycott. If all classes affected by thier crap balance logic....

stop spending money on cash shop. The message will go straight to the top so fast.... spread the message 

Whenever someone says 'boycott' I think of this image.

y8W5bwW.png

Posted

To shed some light about the situation and the spam around it. Few weeks ago we said that we wanted to release all the awakenings all at once. That is still our plans so far. There are no silence around this, mostly maybe a "let's not repeat ourselves everytime someone new ask for it". 

Now, this is mostly due to the fact that releasing only a part of it might create some unbalance in the actual PvP system. Your concerns are based on the PvE yes, but that doesn't mean PvP will not be impacted by it. 

On top of that there are 2 things to notice, first not all classes have their awakening skill ready to be released, this is not a matter of "this new class has an issue let's try to fix it", it can only be solved by waiting, would it be ok for them to wait ? Would it be if we were playing a class without awakening when everybody has its own ? 

Second point is that, as you saw in many patch notes, we keep changing monsters/boss stats in our version of the game, meaning our client is different than the KR one and that also we're trying to adapt the game. 

There is actually no reason to be afraid of something that isn't garanty to happen. Awakening won't be coming soon no, and it doesn't mean that you will not be able to grind properly in Valencia. 

Edit: And the lock happened mostly because it turned into an "ok but repetitive post to just spamming for attention". If you want an answer, better tag and wait for us to read the whole thing, if there is spam, we'll lock then read after. 

This.. needs to be re-written.

Try playing a Berserker. How are we balanced? 
What you are stating is basicly, the game is balanced atm, which it -----ing aint. So what does it matter if Warrior or Zerk gets to be powerfull for a bit instead of Sorc or Ranger? Let them feel the weakness for a lil bit, like we have since the -----ing start of the game.

Posted

If you want so badly to wait for all awakening before releasing them. 

DO NOT release Valencia. Push Valencia back until you can release the awakenings. 

Also you can add Ninjas before Valencia if you decide to listen and push it back, so they won't be too far behind. 

Posted

Alright, so I've been considering this issue more.

To me it seems like there was a bit of an issue in planning that Daum had. It seems like their initial release schedule, the one that Dulfy had originally posted about on his website (SOURCE), was more than likely intended to be held to but I don't think that they were prepared for possible changes to it (such as Ninja/Kunoichi being delayed). Which brings up a valid point into why the Awakenings are delayed for such a significant amount of time.

I've had a discussion with a friend of mine whom is actually a game designer and he had some interesting input into the problem that many players are having and it further supports why I think Daum didn't plan things out very well.

One thing he brought up is that they may be waiting for Ninja/Kunoichi to release before they implement Awakening weapons because the coding for the game won't support adding the Awakenings until all relevant classes associated with an awakening are even available, which in June the Ninja Awakening would be in the code so if we lacked the ninja then they couldn't possibly add the code to our version of the game.

I think this image right here might actually support that idea considering the context of Tytyes wording.
LgwHXii.png

Now I mentioned this to my friend and his take on it was that game companies have found ways around these kinds of issues before within the coding of the game. He brought up that games before have shadow patched in classes and then simply disabled them or made them unavailable so that they could implement content still within the game without needing to wait for these classes to be released officially.

So if the Ninja and Kunoichi not being in the game files, and them not going to be until July, is potentially stopping them from adding Awakening weapons due to it being a technical issue in the actual coding of the game then I do think that while Tytyes says the whole situation is in discussion, then maybe they should likely look into this as a possible solution.

Sometimes these kinds of things can be an oversight, or planning has just gone awry. I understand that staggered content just comes with the territory when we're talking about MMORPGs, but right now our version is in a situation where many classes are suffering in PvE -and- PvP balance due to the current variety of KR nerf patches that we have (post awakening class nerfs, evasion nerf, CC nerf, etc).

Quote this, repost it, like it. Get this out there if you want. If this situation is being discussed internally at Daum, and potentially with Pearl Abyss, then I think this should be brought up or at least have a CM or PM confirm/deny that all possible solutions have been looked at. This is very clearly an issue that the community has and is -very- displeased with, it would probably be a good idea for your positive strides in communication to not falter now.

(MADE A REPOST OF THIS HERE SO I CAN GET IT INTO BOTH RELEVANT THREADS)

I understand what you are saying and i dont have any knowledge of this to talk about it, but i thought companys like Daum had their own coders or could get the game code from the developers that suited their own servers. Obviously it would probably cost more money or more time then they want to spend, but it is defiantly possible to bring us awakening weapons without the ninja class. 

The only thing i know is that they seem to be ok with losing hundreds of players because of their weird update schedule. My guild left 2 days ago before even hearing about this crap, so i know people are not happy with the current state of the game.... just wait till Valencia part 1 hits lol.

Posted (edited)

It is pretty obvious at this point that Daum has no clue what they are doing and has failed massively as a publisher. Congrats, you released a game to EU/NA that was already amazing due to the KR version and managed to completely ruin it within a matter of 3 months. You got your initial burst of income from the sales/cash shop and within a year, this game is going to have 1/4 of the player base that you could have had.

The reality is that people aren't going to wait 3 months for awakenings. Node wars will release with Valencia in June. That will be fun for a couple of weeks, and then July is going to hit and with the lack of new content coming and no awakenings, people just arent going to want to play the hours they do now.

Reducing the mob HP/AP/DP is not a fix for the problems that people are concerned about. The idea that this is your solution to the problem really shows how out of touch you are with the game that you are publishing. 

Will all classes be able to farm Valencia? Probably. However, Rangers and Wizards are still going to be the kings of PVE farming for another 3 months. World Bosses are already miserable for Melee as it is, you haven't made any adjustments to that either. The fact that people are doing world bosses naked in melee in fear of losing crystals should be a huge red flag to you.

As a publisher you need to slow down and look at the timelines that you initially had and why you have had to bend them so drastically. You have content that is already created, patched and balanced based on the KR version of the game. Why do you need to deviate so wildly from how they released content? You even have the ability to speed up that timeline as you go. 

I dont understand why you are so hell bent on releasing content expansion after content expansion. You could leave us with Mediah for longer, give us node wars and awakenings, and then give us Valencia and people would still be happy. You're cramming content down our throats that we dont even need and leaving the content we do need for months on end. People are upset about awakenings, you havent heard people upset about not having Valencia right away.

Would it be nice to get all awakenings at once? Definitely, but not at the price of certain classes that are already way behind the curve compared to the top tier classes having to wait for months on end. Witch/Wizard not getting their awakening isn't going to gimp them. They are still going to be amazing for gvg and pvp due to their kit. We werent even supposed to have those classes at launch. 

People love this game, but you are killing it with your poor implementation choices. There is lots of whining on these forums but there is also some great constructive criticism from some players who have been playing the Korean version of this game since release. Start listening because your staff clearly has no idea what they are doing. 

Your solution is to postpone Valencia:

1. Release Node Wars

2. Release Awakenings

3. Release Valencia

Pretty obvious that the above should have been the timeline from the outset.  Have some kind of emergency meeting and fix the shit show you have planned over there.

Edited by Hannzo
4 people like this

Posted

Yeah but then you'll have the Rangers, Wizards and Sorcs all pissed off too then...

Posted (edited)

*edit*

nvm

Edited by Giken
not valid

Posted (edited)

It does not on the korean version, though. You're the one trying to dodge there, friend.

The funny part about your post is that you posted a screenshot showing "git gud" in a console to make your stale joke - obviously not knowing that git is a code version control tool that is by now pretty much industry standard - all while denying the existense of the pre-nerf code. -----ing retard lmao.

Edited by Reik

Posted

The whole situation is in discussion, but it will take time to decide exactly if we decide to change our plan and how. Now what has been confirmed is that no matter what, it won't be coming before August, as we're planning to release Valencia 1 and 2 first + the Ninja/Kunoichi. 

Even if we decided to follow a staggered release it would mean all the awakening except Wizard/Witch and Ninja/Kunoichi as theirs wil be ready far too late in the year.

There won't be any announcement or decision made soon as we already have the release plan for the next 2 months.

I don't think I'm going to make it past June without awakenings unless the game's desync is completely fixed and class imbalances are addressed..

One of the main things that's kept me playing is the idea of being able to use my ranger's awakening dash ability.

Posted

I don't think I'm going to make it past June without awakenings unless the game's desync is completely fixed and class imbalances are addressed..

One of the main things that's kept me playing is the idea of being able to use my ranger's awakening dash ability.

Shocked to find rangers in favor of awakenings, keep fighting the good fight sir, a warrior salutes you.

Posted

Shocked to find rangers in favor of awakenings, keep fighting the good fight sir, a warrior salutes you.

there is no reason for anyone to not be in favour of the awakenings. except wiz/witch.but thats only because they'll be the only ones without.

Posted

there is no reason for anyone to not be in favour of the awakenings. except wiz/witch.but thats only because they'll be the only ones without.

And wizard/witch are pretty much the only class that is viable / gets a buff on horseback.

Posted

And wizard/witch are pretty much the only class that is viable / gets a buff on horseback.

yep

Posted

well looks like its time to reroll wizard for three months 

Posted

I think the only thing we can do is wait until we get a answere what the "appropiate people" said to our pro/con list they received. I hope this will go fast and maybe we can pray for an awakening release in july which would half the pain.

Posted

I think the only thing we can do is wait until we get a answere what the "appropiate people" said to our pro/con list they received. I hope this will go fast and maybe we can pray for an awakening release in july which would half the pain.

my only worry is that a month in a good chunk of people could be gone.

Posted (edited)

Can't recall seeing this much frustration, poor company decisions and mass quits in a MMO happen so fast before,

After BDO dies off from all this, DAUM will create a developer cash shop for other companies to let them buy a book of "Awful MMO decisions, learn from our failure"?

Edited by Mentos
1 person likes this

Posted

my only worry is that a month in a good chunk of people could be gone.

People will start quitting causing their friends to start quitting.  It's been a long time since I've seen a game with so much potential be managed so poorly

...trino is that you?

Posted

People will start quitting causing their friends to start quitting.  It's been a long time since I've seen a game with so much potential be managed so poorly

...trino is that you?

this is the second recent game with massive potential be absolutely pissed away by pure shit devs/CM's.

so -----ing sick of it.

Posted

...trino is that you?

Archeage 2.0 :D

@CM_Tytyes

Will we have answer from PA or you last reply was made after you send the feedback ?

With all those pages and complain I think you can change the "schedueled plans" don't make the game to your taste but to the community tastes you already  listened in the past can't you listen again.

Please watch this https://www.twitch.tv/torrent_rage/v/68296288 (Thanks to TorrentRage for the video)

Do you think its descent speed to farm Pirate ?

Posted (edited)

Archeage 2.0 :D

@CM_Tytyes

Will we have answer from PA or you last reply was made after you send the feedback ?

With all those pages and complain I think you can change the "schedueled plans" don't make the game to your taste but to the community tastes you already  listened in the past can't you listen again.

Please watch this https://www.twitch.tv/torrent_rage/v/68296288 (Thanks to TorrentRage for the video)

Do you think its descent speed to farm Pirate ?

Torrent says he went slow with that video and I do not believe that it does justice to anything in this thread. Solo pirates are decent with warrior. I don't have a hard time there and clear at a decent speed.

Keyword here is 'decent'. Yes, it's decent. So from there, I'll answer your question for you - the clear speed can be decent, but that's about it. It doesn't exactly show the problems we'll see in Valencia.

Edited by Deletion