• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Mailed!] Postcards & Pigeons [Screenshot Contest] [Postcards & $20 Gift Card!]

145 posts in this topic

Posted

Got it! I'll be updating all of these in the next few hours. :)

Posted (edited)

Hey @IkarusGod, are your entries for Landscape/Scene, Selfie/Combat supposed to be the same?

Edit: Placed under selfie and landscape. Reply to me (not edit) if you need any adjustments / add-ins.

Edited by Aftereffects

Posted

Glad I was referred to this thread, I love seeing other peoples screenshots of this game, and there are some awesome ones! Posting submissions below, enjoy!

Character name: Misdemeanor/Inhibitor

Account (Family name); Felony  (Orwen)

Sure I'd be interested in postcards!

1.Landscape:

2016-05-13_17536410.thumb.JPG.22f4bacf37

2.Selfies:

2016-05-22_32958108.thumb.JPG.3dd857b0ce

3.Scene:

2016-03-20_77655039.thumb.JPG.c0c6fd0fe9

I have never tried to get an action based screenshot... I'm going to have to try that!

Thank you for your consideration :)

2 people like this

Posted

This sounds like fun.

Kirsche / Quiche

Scene: http://i.imgur.com/8VtRiJd.jpg
"Dreams and Aspirations"

Landscape: http://i.imgur.com/F9FqoMz.jpg
"A New City, A New Beginning"

Selfie: http://i.imgur.com/BPPPmiM.jpg
"Natural Habitat"

Action: http://i.imgur.com/cEiW0N4.jpg
"Drying Fish for a Special Recipe"

(I don't actually kill mobs unless it's for skins/meat/blood so I figured something like drying is as close to action-y as my char would get haha)

2 people like this

Posted

KiKMddn.jpg

Landscape

BowsBeforeHoes / Ferrovax

Postcards: Yes

j5fa2dj.jpg

Selfie

Yes

FhEzUev.jpg

Scene

Yes

xzXfmD1.jpg

Action

AllKindsOfGains / Ferrovax

Yes

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

• What category you're going for with each image: LANDSCAPE
  • Character name / Account Name: HELIBEL
  • Are you interested in receiving postcards? (If yes, and your name is drawn, we’ll contact you for details later.): I WANT PRIZES!!
  • Optional: Name the image! : MAH HORSEY AND I!!

2016-05-01_13437376.JPG

Edited by Kasathar
1 person likes this

Posted

All of these are now recorded and posted to the forums. Thank you all. :D Looking forward to more.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great to see lots of variety in entries. People are being creative - I love it.

2 people like this

Posted

save post :P edit later :P

Posted

Really nice event. 

Bumping this.

__

Might even edit post if i decide to participate 

Posted

Really nice event.

D'aww! Thank you. Hopefully it's the first of several. :)

Posted

Category: Scene
Char/Acc: Peshamel / Fuxxx
MUST HAVE BDO POSTCARDS

2rh46e8.png

Also BUMP.
I genuinely think this is a really cool event. Would love to have some postcards. :$

2 people like this

Posted

Really is awesome to see that people like postcards are much as I do.
Happy on the inside! **dance**

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow what a nice contest you have here @Aftereffects, my hat's off to you! Some people have all the good ideas... I'm a boring person and couldn't have thought of such a nice thing myself! 

Also I'm more of a fridge magnet collecting type myself but I'll have to see if I can find some screenshots worthy of submitting when I'm finally done with work for the day  ._. Could always see myself using some of those fridge magnets to put up a nice BDO postcard on the fridge door too :P Now I have to go see where I can find a BDO fridge magnet from!

Posted

Haha, unfortunately @Solanum, my company doesn't quite have the stock for magnets, but hey, someday, right? If anyone works on promo items that does... hey, I'd be on the boat to try that contest. (The shame in that one is that it's pricier, by far. This I can support out of pocket with just real work and posting/printing/shipping costs. I'd imagine it'll be the cost of an outfit, which is worth it imo.)

I'm very glad you like the idea, and please enter! I just love seeing the different ways people see BDO / what they capture while playing. 

...And I'd be honored if a postcard made it onto your fridge door!

Posted (edited)

Ohhh l love thisssss! We need this kind of stuff more often! Thank you @Aftereffects :)

Landscape:

2016-03-03_33573929.thumb.JPG.b8493bab24

Selfie:

2016-05-13_226521617.thumb.JPG.ea435665e

Scene:

2016-03-16_219952520.thumb.JPG.96a8d5719

Action:

2016-03-21_620866993.thumb.JPG.a08e3d417

Oh and name's Nehlkira Menthild. (or Kelmore Menthild)

And yeeeesssss, postcards pleaseeee! 

Edited by Kelmore

Posted

Glad you're enjoying it @Kelmore! Used to do community events in a different MMO all the time, but it's a tiny bit harder here, and there's a few reasons why. Thankfully, screenshots are something I think we all agree that this game is fantastic for, so... hopefully one of many.

Will post all the updates I've gotten and such later tonight. Nearing 70 entries total. :D

Posted

Very cool. We need more events like these. Daum, take notice please. Your own players are picking up the slack.

Posted (edited)

@Lexicon: To be fair, they do have their own events that I'm sure pull in thousands of entries (We Are Family, current Pirate thing, etc). As a point of comparison, for just the (hopefully) hundred or so entries this'll pull in, I'll spend quite a few man hours polishing and working through layouts, making sure prints are right, etc. But they're happy hours, because I love this sort've thing, and I hope the CMs feel the same. That said, point being for that many entries, it takes a lot of effort on their part, so I think it's great when the community puts up stuff on their own. Plus we get to interact in a fun way.

Tl;dr - I wouldn't call it slack. Call it a bout of inspiration. (But thank you for the kind words! Appreciated.)

Edited by Aftereffects

Posted

Hey I scoured my screenshots and found suitable for few entries. Didn't find any proper scenes I'm afraid but I guess I still have a few days should I come across one in game! 

But for now here are my entries:

Landscape:

5745eb756e07f_2015-12-18_1967227891_-16_

Selfie:

2016-04-06_24215287.thumb.JPG.981c4e7634 

Action:

2016-03-14_36743948.thumb.JPG.2db96e0f9a

Char/Family: Diospyros/Telantes

Would love to win some postcards. So many awesome entries already :) Good luck to everyone!

Posted

Oh man, which farm is that @Solanum?

Posted

Commenting to save a spot. I will submit my screenshots when I get home from work. ^_^  Cool idea for a contest, by the way.

Posted

@Nki, when you do, just give a quick comment/reply, if you would, so I know to double check - if it's before I start the updates to the backups, it'll be fine, but it can get lost in the shuffle if it's afterward (most likely not, but I don't want to miss anyone). For reference, we keep an active listing of all the entries here that's updated at around 8PM EST.

Posted

Category: Scene
Char/Acc: Peshamel / Fuxxx
MUST HAVE BDO POSTCARDS

2rh46e8.png

Also BUMP.
I genuinely think this is a really cool event. Would love to have some postcards. :$

Wow, best one so far.