• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Mailed!] Postcards & Pigeons [Screenshot Contest] [Postcards & $20 Gift Card!]

145 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, best one so far. 

The ones in this thread are only about half the entries, actually. I get a lot of them via email. As per the previous comment, you can see them all here. That one will be added in the updated entries tonight. :)

Posted

Wow, best one so far. 

Stop kissing her behind, paperboy! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, we have paperboys in this game? I just have drunk workers... /shuffles off to find them

(It's like having milkmen, right? Right? "Daily News Source of Serendia")

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's just say.. Vayk has the right age!

Posted (edited)

To be a paperboy. Yes.

@Vayk
'Best one so far'
No shit kid, you're only saying that because you're in it.... -_-

Edited by Montevidensis

Posted (edited)

I'm seeing people post multiple pictures under one category, is that allowed? Your original post doesn't specify.

Edit: Nevermind I see where it says it now. Guess I overlooked it, lol.

Edited by Ryuna

Posted

I'm seeing people post multiple pictures under one category, is that allowed? Your original post doesn't specify.

No it isn't. I believe she asked someone somewhere to narrow it down to 1 per category. :P 

Posted

To be honest, with the number of times I've gotten the question / seen multiple entries, I probably should move that rule up or something. It's been there from the beginning, just last in the list, iirc.

Or I could just plaster it in all red somewhere. (just kidding)

Edit: Guess it's not last, but it can be skimmed over easily enough, I suppose.

Edit 2: Moved it up near the top of the rules under hiding the UI. Hopefully that clears up some questions. I know the post is long, and I apologize!

Posted

A mix of landscape and selfie but i guess i will pick selfie to join the contest, i really like this one ^_^

fec92ff77959875126867637add8861f.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't normally enter competitions, mostly because like in-game, my real world luck is savagely poor. But this seems really interesting, so I'm happy to provide my paltry entries to this great idea!

Landscape "Sunset on the swamp"

Lz7q9EW.jpg

Selfies "The Warrior's smile"

XeIC26j.png

Scene "Man of the Watch"

t2i4c2e.png

Action "Places to be"

jo5pma8.png

I'm known by lots of names, but Everheart is my family name, and name here, so best to go by that one. Lots of really great screenshots already! And yes, I would be totally interested in postcards!

Edited by Everheart
Linked the wrong shot
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't normally enter competitions, mostly because like in-game, my real world luck is savagely poor. But this seems really interesting, so I'm happy to provide my paltry entries to this great idea!

Well, this one isn't RNG, so no worries there. The judges are all anonymously given the images to rate - first on a 1-10 scale, then a round two (after an elimination to 10 images each) by preference, and the final is a summation of the scores. Perhaps it's a bit tedious, but it's our "tied and true" method to make sure it's fair for everyone who participates. We know everyone works hard to put their shots together, so they deserve the best shot possible, regardless of any personal biases anyone might have.

...And there's the explanation you didn't even ask for! :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Landscape

5D1klUh.jpg

Selfie

Q4zP72q.jpg

Dawn/Livid

postcards? Yeah sure why not ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey there - if you're updating a post before this one, please just reply and let me know. Starting my nightly update now of the entry thread. 

Posted (edited)

Those are some very sweet landscapes

@Kitamara @Everheart

Edited by Montevidensis
the typo's are real, good morning all, time for some coffee.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Those are some very sweet landscapes

@Kitamara @Everheart

Thanks :) and I do the typo thing literally every other word so I can relate :P

Edited by Kitamara

Posted

Thank god for an edit button. I feel that way just about every morning.

Posted (edited)

Just trying to pick my favourite selfie... Got everything else sorted.

Edited by Faeshi

Posted

Oh man, which farm is that @Solanum?

Can't remember for sure, it was taken so long ago! Apparently in CBT1 even! 

My guess would have been one of the farms around Calpheon but I asked the missus and she said Costa farm... and she's usually right so let's go with that! Would also make more sense since I was busy doing little bit of everything so I'm not sure if I even got to Calpheon in them betas! 

Posted

Can't remember for sure, it was taken so long ago! Apparently in CBT1 even! 

My guess would have been one of the farms around Calpheon but I asked the missus and she said Costa farm... and she's usually right so let's go with that! Would also make more sense since I was busy doing little bit of everything so I'm not sure if I even got to Calpheon in them betas! 

That seems like a fair guess. There is a building just like that near where the Owner/Node Manager is, but I thought it was a bit farther away from the main area. But hey, might just be perspective.

Awesome that you were taking awesome shots even then, though. :D

Posted

That seems like a fair guess. There is a building just like that near where the Owner/Node Manager is, but I thought it was a bit farther away from the main area. But hey, might just be perspective.

Awesome that you were taking awesome shots even then, though. :D

That was probably when I took most of my screenshots! Or at least a big big bunch :) Everything was new and fancy and shiny and looked so great! Not that it doesn't even now but still, you know how it goes when you try something new the first time :D Also did so much exploring in the betas.. When the game launched there were so many other things to do that exploring had to wait a bit! 

Posted

Definitely get that feeling, though I think my fingers might be a little trigger happy with the print screen button. That said, every time there's a new area, I can't help it. Look at this image from the pirate islands. I found an alcove and was utterly delighted.

(Yes I'm probably 10 on the inside.)

BoatingTripBDO2.png

2 people like this

Posted

Heh, nice! 

I had loads of fun exploring the islands too, didn't make it to the pirate islands yet though as I've been swamped with work recently so no exploring for me...

Also, personally liked the Longleaf Tree Sentry Post quite a bit !

Not quite on topic I'm afraid but had to add few more screenshots of my own but I hide them in spoilers so I don't mix them up with people's entries!

2016-03-25_559352802.thumb.JPG.dd2ab50032016-03-25_560680069.thumb.JPG.4f3ade41a2016-03-12_86197046.thumb.JPG.a076bd72b8

Posted

That's totally okay. I love seeing screens. I absolutely loved the area in the trees near Sentry Post. (That said, it took me forever to realize there was an elevator that went up...) One of my favorite locations in the game, though!

Posted (edited)

BoatingTripBDO2.png

"Do I starve to death on this island, or do I get my coat wet going for my boat? They're both equally bad. Decisions, decisions..."

Edited by Faeshi
1 person likes this

Posted

I have a couple entries!

Scene:

ndodEXF.jpg

Selfie:

4jjMMtE.jpg

1 person likes this