• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

119 posts in this topic

Posted

ty, sounds good :)

Posted

Well written guide, thank you.

You can use as many elixirs as you want. The cooldown is only 60 sec.

Where or how do you get the luck +2 crystal?

Posted

Well written guide, thank you.

You can use as many elixirs as you want. The cooldown is only 60 sec.

Where or how do you get the luck +2 crystal?

Quest, at around level 25 if i'm not mistaken. Anyway, a quest.

Posted

I was looking for infos on Sorceress, thanks.

Posted

I'd stear clear of this "extensive" guide

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree! LOL xD

Edited by Yahwehswarrior

Posted (edited)

Wow you nailed it, way to go on your information. genius. everyone should roll sorc this way

Edited by Thinker

Posted

10/10 would recommend all to use this

Posted

Yea use this guide guys youll be #1 sorcs NA

Posted

Really nice guide, and "Extensive". But, just not in a way people assumed it would be.

Skill build:
Here are these 5 skills that you should get because they are good for (Pick One) Pve/Pvp. Here are some skill builds and follow them. I won't tell you why you should get these other skills or in what order, but just do it. Do remember that 2/3 of those builds won't be viable (Level-wise) until a few months after official release.

Items:
Armor: Getting it to +10 self enchanted can be achieved in a normal fashion. But stop there! You should buy +15 gear with your saved up money. It'll be hard because literally no one will have +15s, nonetheless, put them up on AH for a long time.
Weapon: Same can be said with armor. Buying a +15 is impossible. Also, how can you skip Liverto, which can be obtained pre-mediah, when you already have Kzarka in it already?
Off-hand: Again, it's the same issue with the rest.
Accessories: At this point, it seems like a trend that money can buy you everything. 

Awakening: "By this level..." What level? Also how can we know how Awakening works if we don't even know what it is or what skills are there?

Combos: I don't play Sorc, so i'll assume there's no problem with it.

Crystals: Oh look, this part took up half the thread, it must be important! On a more important note, until we know what crystals we can get pre-mediah, most of these crystals are imaginary. I guess they are just there based on the "ideal" crystals for each slot.

Food: Oh wow, I should get these food even though I don't know what stats it gives! I think Milk Tea is a very important food overall.

Elixirs: Tbh I don't remember which one stacks, I'll assume it's correct.

Verdict: This guide is indeed extensive, just not in a way that would benefit most of the players that will be playing for the first time. In an ideal Sorc guide, it should have more than just Sorc build/gear. What about Sorc gameplay/playstyle/Pros/Cons/Difficulty etc? The way I see it, you're trying really hard to make your guide for players that don't know how to play Sorc. I see a few points where it pointed out this being the case but you're doing something wrong if there's only a "few" points. From having experience playing in the Korean version of BDO, the guide looks like it was meant for the Korean version, but then added to the rest of the Pre-Mediah content , "After Mediah..."

I like your guide, I really do. I appreciate what you're trying to do but you have to understand who your audience is. They aren't players that come from Korea and have a little bit of experience with Sorc but still need some help. Most of these people found out about Sorc being a playable class, watched a few videos, and fell in love with it. It's a hard process but you have to guide them step by step. If you still disagree with me, might as well change this "guide" to "Sorc Build, Gear Set Up, and Extensive Crystal Selection."

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can't see the skill calc being the best you can go... But hey, whatever. Something i did want to ask though - Altinova won't be available at release?

My build looks more like this.. http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/sorcerer/1403#

Edited by xSkyX

Posted (edited)

Better use your guide. For real, not pointing out the mistakes i may have made since i haven't played on my sorc in 3 months or more, and just saying to avoid a guide really helps the community and the sorc players. Keep it on.

And if the issue is me not using casting speed crystals on my helmet... i choose not to use them because 2 casting speed at low lvl, when your main activity is pve, doesn't make that much of a difference in my eyes. Keep in mind that gunril armor won't be avaliable at release, so there's no way to get 4 casting speed on helmet unless you get boss set by luck.

Really nice guide, and "Extensive". But, just not in a way people assumed it would be.

Skill build:
Here are these 5 skills that you should get because they are good for (Pick One) Pve/Pvp. Here are some skill builds and follow them. I won't tell you why you should get these other skills or in what order, but just do it. Do remember that 2/3 of those builds won't be viable (Level-wise) until a few months after official release.

Items:
Armor: Getting it to +10 self enchanted can be achieved in a normal fashion. But stop there! You should buy +15 gear with your saved up money. It'll be hard because literally no one will have +15s, nonetheless, put them up on AH for a long time.
Weapon: Same can be said with armor. Buying a +15 is impossible. Also, how can you skip Liverto, which can be obtained pre-mediah, when you already have Kzarka in it already?
Off-hand: Again, it's the same issue with the rest.
Accessories: At this point, it seems like a trend that money can buy you everything. 

Awakening: "By this level..." What level? Also how can we know how Awakening works if we don't even know what it is or what skills are there?

Combos: I don't play Sorc, so i'll assume there's no problem with it.

Crystals: Oh look, this part took up half the thread, it must be important! On a more important note, until we know what crystals we can get pre-mediah, most of these crystals are imaginary. I guess they are just there based on the "ideal" crystals for each slot.

Food: Oh wow, I should get these food even though I don't know what stats it gives! I think Milk Tea is a very important food overall.

Elixirs: Tbh I don't remember which one stacks, I'll assume it's correct.

Verdict: This guide is indeed extensive, just not in a way that would benefit most of the players that will be playing for the first time. In an ideal Sorc guide, it should have more than just Sorc build/gear. What about Sorc gameplay/playstyle/Pros/Cons/Difficulty etc? The way I see it, you're trying really hard to make your guide for players that don't know how to play Sorc. I see a few points where it pointed out this being the case but you're doing something wrong if there's only a "few" points. From having experience playing in the Korean version of BDO, the guide looks like it was meant for the Korean version, but then added to the rest of the Pre-Mediah content , "After Mediah..."

I like your guide, I really do. I appreciate what you're trying to do but you have to understand who your audience is. They aren't players that come from Korea and have a little bit of experience with Sorc but still need some help. Most of these people found out about Sorc being a playable class, watched a few videos, and fell in love with it. It's a hard process but you have to guide them step by step. If you still disagree with me, might as well change this "guide" to "Sorc Build, Gear Set Up, and Extensive Crystal Selection."

I will expand on my guide and improve it. I don't have time to make videos, and videos with combos and pvp encounters are all over youtube. The big difference in this game, in pvp & pve, is made by gear and stats. 

Now, regarding gear not being avaliable in AH. +15 gear will be for sale in AH in around 2 weeks. On RU version it took 1 week (without counting the headstart) for AH to get flooded with +15 gear.

I skiped liverto because i find it A WASTE OF MONEY. It's very expensive to enchant, just as expensive as Kzarka. You'll do just fine with a Yuria, while saving up TONS of money, until Kzarka patch gets added, and with those saved up money you will be able to get a kzarka to +15 A LOT faster than normal. This is from my experience, as a player that has went: yuria -> liverto -> kzarka. Liverto can be skipped without any issue. 

This game is all about grinding. So yes, money will buy you anything as long as you grind. But all of the ACCESORIES i suggested can be looted from mobs. It's a sorc guide, not a guide from where or how to get X gear.

Awakening comes at lvl 56. Again, by the time that it comes out most player will already know what it is about. There are plenty of threads made on what awakenings are and how they work. The purpose of the guide was NOT to explain how awakenings works. And regarding awakening skills, you will use almost all of them in pvp.

For food... well, google is there for you. There are plenty of guides made on cooking and recipes. Yes, some food will not be avaliable at launch, but that food is not ment to be used until lvl 50+, since you won't really afford it until that level.

Again this guide was copy+pasted from guild forums, where there are other guides explaining how to farm, where, how long to stay, from where to get x item. So yea, it probably isn't perfect, but i really didn't try to make it perfect.

And yes, i probably have mistakes in my build, the most obvious one that probably made the crtics from above suggest the sorcs to stay away from my guide being that i avoided using casting speed gems on helmet, when casting speed helps. The guide is based on how i play, what i use and what i prefer - at level 56 me having casting speed maxed out anyway, without those gems. You don't have to follow the guide step by step. As stated, it's just a guide which is ment to inform you and help you take decisions. You can & you should combine your playstyle with some info from this guide, not follow the guide step by step.

There are things i may have omitted, things that come to me when i play. Nothing i can do about it then wait and edit.

I can't see the skill calc being the best you can go... But hey, whatever. Something i did want to ask though - Altinova won't be available at release?

My build looks more like this.. http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/sorcerer/1403#

it won't be avaliable.

Just like certain items, regions and level content. 

I mean really, everyone can complain, but no one posts anything to improve the guide or any aditional info. And when someone posts something, let's jump on his throat because he did something in a different way than me...  It's rude of you guys. If you really care about the players, improve the guide by adding something or pointing out a mistake, not by complaining. Do nothing and complain when others do something... that will help a lot. And if you don't want to share your knowledge, stay out of threads like these.

Edited by Chun-Chun
5 people like this

Posted

it won't be avaliable.

Just like certain items, regions and level content. 

I mean really, everyone can complain, but no one posts anything to improve the guide or any aditional info. And when someone posts something, let's jump on his throat because he did something in a different way than me...  It's rude of you guys. If you really care about the players, improve the guide by adding something or pointing out a mistake, not by complaining. Do nothing and complain when others do something... that will help a lot. And if you don't want to share your knowledge, stay out of threads like these.

Ah, that's good to know... Do you know when we'll get Altinova, Valencia and Awakenings approximately? That being said... I may disagree with you, but i myself wasn't jumping down your throat.. Can't speak for others, i just don't agree with many things in your guide, as i've done differently when i played on RU and CBT1.

Posted (edited)

Ah, that's good to know... Do you know when we'll get Altinova, Valencia and Awakenings approximately? That being said... I may disagree with you, but i myself wasn't jumping down your throat.. Can't speak for others, i just don't agree with many things in your guide, as i've done differently when i played on RU and CBT1.

Altionva probably around after 1 or so month after launch. 

Valencia probably 3 months or so down the road, together with the avaliable awakenings.

But that's just me speculating....

Sorry for the rant, it wasn't ment for you xD

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

Altionva probably around after 1 or so month after launch. 

Valencia probably 3 months or so down the road, together with the avaliable awakenings.

But that's just me speculating....

Sorry for the rant, it wasn't ment for you xD

Awakenings started only 3 months after release in KR? O.o

Posted

Awakenings started only 3 months after release in KR? O.o

DAUM EU is not recreating the awakenings, they are only translating them, so obviously, it won't take as much as it did for korea...

Posted

DAUM EU is not recreating the awakenings, they are only translating them, so obviously, it won't take as much as it did for korea...

Hmm, good point. I'm looking forward to getting the sorceress awakening sooo much.

Posted

Updated it.

Posted

Hey, I just started playing a sorc as I'm testing out all the classes before western launch and was wondering a couple things. 

Why do you use +2 movespeed crystals instead of +150 stamina crystals on boots? With so much mobility in the dodges shouldn't more stamina grant more mobility overall?

Why do you use practically 0 accuracy in your gear builds? Do sorcs not have as big of a need for it as other classes?

Do you ever do that jump into night crow? It appears to give more distance, is it practical though? Also I find myself using a/d night crow to get behind people to help me face the right direction when I appear behind them, is there a negative to this compared to the way you proposed?

Posted

Hey, I just started playing a sorc as I'm testing out all the classes before western launch and was wondering a couple things. 

Why do you use +2 movespeed crystals instead of +150 stamina crystals on boots? With so much mobility in the dodges shouldn't more stamina grant more mobility overall?

Why do you use practically 0 accuracy in your gear builds? Do sorcs not have as big of a need for it as other classes?

Do you ever do that jump into night crow? It appears to give more distance, is it practical though? Also I find myself using a/d night crow to get behind people to help me face the right direction when I appear behind them, is there a negative to this compared to the way you proposed?

1. Just something i omitted ^_^. Yes, that stamina will help more at low lvl.

2. At low lvl you won't feel the need of accuracy with a sorc, unlike other classes. And at high level you will get your accuracy from zaka / accesories.

3. Yes, but not in pvp. Only in pve, when i want to advance further trhough groups of monsters. And no, there's no downside.

Posted

@chun-chun very very very cooooool ty very very very muuuuuuuch... :)

Posted

This guide is pretty decent for the newcomers to our class, but this is definitely not the best way to play if you want to stay competetive.

Still, great contribution @Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

This guide is actually very bad and have LOTS of errors.

From one of ours top pvp sorcerors: http://forums.goha.ru/showthread.php?t=1092305 (note: this is centered on pvp, which is why dark waves isnt there. ofc take them for pve)

You can easy translate that with google/whatever

By level 50 you should have this skill build

This build is so very bad, makes my eyes bleed... Latest actual build is under mediah section in that link, every skill there have a reason. Just take most useful first, then take the rest as you farm SP

In pvp the only way to fight as sorc is to: stun with S+E, get close, knock down, do dmg, run - and repeat. This works against all classes.

LOL, just... LOL

I skiped liverto because i find it A WASTE OF MONEY. It's very expensive to enchant, just as expensive as Kzarka. You'll do just fine with a Yuria, while saving up TONS of money, until Kzarka patch gets added, and with those saved up money you will be able to get a kzarka to +15 A LOT faster than normal.

YEah, you only skipped the incredibly low chance of getting zaka. Liberto is acually second best wep for all  classes, and 90, if not 95% of ppl, will use it

And money... what the hell do you know about wasting money in bdo? Go waste about 1bil on that +18 zaka, or 120 mil for +17 -> +18, or the likes, then you can say something. And... you honestly say you going to buy it? Like, from AH? Reeeeeally?

Blue Coral Ring x2; Read Coral earring x2

Absolutely no idea why would anyone use these. EVER.

Pares +3 first, then shadow/witch/ogre/trent, ancient is possible, then whale+gold valencia rings/belts. thats it

CRYSTALS

5 atk speed? on sorc? Wow... i'm at loss for words. Yeah, go that way, suuuure

And much much more small errors and bad decisions...

At low lvl you won't feel the need of accuracy with a sorc, unlike other classes.

Ahahaha. And you go with Yuria too... good luck with that.

Edited by Hommit
1 person likes this