• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Time to quit? Or Is there a way?

152 posts in this topic

Posted

1: Do all boss scrolls in groups of 5 where everyone matches scrolls so you can maximize loot.

2: Craft gear.  Craft grunil.  Sell it, or use it.

3: Have at least 2-3 ways of making money passively while you're not actively playing the game.  Examples: Fishing, Horse Breeding, Farming, Workers crafting, Workers gathering, Max out energy so you have 360 or so and your main can sleep in bed for 6 hours without wasting any.

4: Watch trends in market and do research on what is needed for future patches.  KR is ahead of us, make full use of that.  Use your energy to craft and sell what people need.

Once you have money either buy gear or make it yourself.  I prefer making it myself.  Never force enchant.  No matter what people tell you.  Fail stacks > All.  Grunil can compete against boss armor.  Get yourself a full set on your valk, and start stacking DP.  Also, if you need things like Vangertz shields, get them off the anmity NPC.  

This is a very short list.  There's plenty of other things I'm not going to get into on a public forum.

Also, despite what people say, field bosses are actually a very poor way to make money.  People saying they're good have no idea what they're talking about.  Even if you top the charts every boss.  Only go if you need a liverto.

Besides that, dying instantly is more dependent on how you play.

1 - Thanks i already do them in guild groups :)

2 - idk i dont have the life skills for that nor CP for getting those workshops :( (ATM, maybe later) :)

3 - i do Horse Breeding, its basicly my AFK Doing and some Passive Nodes that gives me some money.

4 - ive been trying to research what i need for future in Valencia, but not many ppl know or wants to tell me.

5 - Thank you :) - Serect Stuff :)? can msg me on this forum is that not possible? :) i promise i wont tell anyone.

Posted

ZPnakqW.png

Posted

1 - Thanks i already do them in guild groups :)

Just make sure you're all matching scrolls.

2 - idk i dont have the life skills for that nor CP for getting those workshops :( (ATM, maybe later) :)

Get CP and energy.  Plenty of guides for the dailies.  Very important.

3 - i do Horse Breeding, its basicly my AFK Doing and some Passive Nodes that gives me some money.

Horse breeding is good if you know what you're doing.  Fishing is easier if you want to spend the money for the inventory.

4 - ive been trying to research what i need for future in Valencia, but not many ppl know or wants to tell me.

Look for KR streamers / videos.  Most of what you get from NA that's public information is wrong anyway.

5 - Thank you :) - Serect Stuff :)? can msg me on this forum is that not possible? :) i promise i wont tell anyone.

Sorry, no.  I need my money as well xD 

Posted

Just make sure you're all matching scrolls.

Get CP and energy.  Plenty of guides for the dailies.  Very important.

Horse breeding is good if you know what you're doing.  Fishing is easier if you want to spend the money for the inventory.

Look for KR streamers / videos.  Most of what you get from NA that's public information is wrong anyway.

Sorry, no.  I need my money as well xD 

Ohkay Thanks

Posted

Do you enjoy the time you spend in game? If so then why does it matter what other people are doing? If you want to be competitive in the game then you're going to need to play as much as other people who are competitive.

Its the same logic as anything if you're not having fun then why are you still doing it? 

If you want to be competitive in anything you're going to need to invest the time and effort like everyone else at that level.

Posted

Do you enjoy the time you spend in game? If so then why does it matter what other people are doing? If you want to be competitive in the game then you're going to need to play as much as other people who are competitive.

Its the same logic as anything if you're not having fun then why are you still doing it? 

If you want to be competitive in anything you're going to need to invest the time and effort like everyone else at that level.

Oh i enjoy the game, never said i dindt :)  i like competitive, but ya never able to catch up ruins it all.

Posted

Oh i enjoy the game, never said i dindt :)  i like competitive, but ya never able to catch up ruins it all.

As others have said, you have to stop trying to keep up with the Jones'.  80% of the server is guaranteed to be on level, or worse, than yourself.

Here are some inspiring Thomas Edison quotes for you:

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” 

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” 

I could give you more.  Dude has thousands on the subject of failure.  Just remember.  Thomas Edison was the KING of failure.  He invented thousands of inventions, and maybe 10% of them worked.  But when they worked, they were stunningly successful.

Posted

No this is not a troll thread...

Soo im level 52 Valk, i have decent gear some parts +15 some is +10. working on better each day. but as soon as i try PvP (yes im decent at it i aint pro), everyone kills me so fast and i cant hurt them at all.

Even though im getting better gear day by day, i cant catch up to them?, there is no way to catch up, because there is no end to the best gear.. meaning i cant catch up ever.. and so cant new players. then why should i keep playing?.

If there is way to catch up, by not spending 10 million hours a day of doing stuff and things,, because i acctuly got a job to keep lol.

It just seems unfair that i cant catch up? i work all day, i come home play 2-5 hours to try and catch up. but i cant. will i ever be able too? or should i just stop spending time and money in this game and move on?

I was hoping that Awakenings would come out, because as far as ive seen they are OP if you use correct, and isnt that Gear Dependant. but rumors say they wont be out for atleast 5+ months?.

Please dont troll on this thread this is a legitimate Question/Answer.

Help?

Your mistake is thinking better gear is the "right" way to play the game. It matters not.

Posted (edited)

The answer to your question, depends on how competitive you want to be. People say you will eventually get there that might be true becaue gear is capped at some point, there is nothing better than boss gear, so the cap is there. You have to find your competition.

In my opinion BDO has 3 tier of players.
 Hardocore Players - No lifers all they do is play games everyday spend 12-16hours+ per day, they have DUO or TRI everything. If you want to compete against them better play GW2 or quit your job. If they fail DUO accessory its meh for them, they can get 10 mark of shadows the next day by farming all day.
Normal Players  job/school - They can play 5-8hours per day have PRI-DUO, they manage their time wisely. If they fail DUO RIP, because time is very limited for them.
I play 2 hours a day - They will never be competitive, but you can pvp against them. They play because they like horses and the graphics.

People here tell you do the daily and weekly and you are good to go. I think doing this is JUST enough to compete against tier 2 players, but not tier1.

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

Soo im level 52 Valk, i have decent gear some parts +15 some is +10. working on better each day. but as soon as i try PvP (yes im decent at it i aint pro), everyone kills me so fast and i cant hurt them at all.

Even though im getting better gear day by day, i cant catch up to them?, there is no way to catch up, because there is no end to the best gear.. meaning i cant catch up ever.. and so cant new players. then why should i keep playing?.

If there is way to catch up, by not spending 10 million hours a day of doing stuff and things,, because i acctuly got a job to keep lol.

It just seems unfair that i cant catch up? i work all day, i come home play 2-5 hours to try and catch up. but i cant. will i ever be able too? or should i just stop spending time and money in this game and move on?

I was hoping that Awakenings would come out, because as far as ive seen they are OP if you use correct, and isnt that Gear Dependant. but rumors say they wont be out for atleast 5+ months?.

Help?

Main problem is you play a trash tier class. Your gear and lvl is preatty much medicore. And people on yours spots have similar items to you. Fact is gear give insane advantage in this game. But truth is gap between classes is even bigger. Try one of the top classes:

• Ranger
  • Wizard/Witch
  • Sorc

And btw. Do not listen idiots that say you should rush to 55. Priority is make +15 on all items. Without it you will be destroyed on 55 lvl spots.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I'm a 53 valk with Maxed Armor ... so I'm you in about 2 more weeks I guess at your current Schedule.

And I got some bad news:   You're still going to get Focused and killed super fast.  The game itself is what's imbalanced, not the Gear Treadmill.  The reason is that us Support and "sword & board" classes started off way behind the old 8 ball.  Yes some Valk players are amazing at 1v1's.  But that's b/c they're just amazing players.  On a Mounted Wizard, or Shotgun-Ranger, or EzMode Sorc they'd be racking up PentaKills instead of just dealing in 1 kill every 10 or so seconds.   Something you don't see people admit up to on these forums (b/c they're all trying to Front like Ayn Randian internet tough guys) is that AP is complete Wellfare in this game and is scaling way out of Whack with DP.  DP used to be good but only b/c Evasion was OP.  Once PearlAbyss normalized that crap (so lower level DPS classes could atleast "touch" super high DP guys) it was pretty much open season on all medium level/geared Melees.

You're probably wondering.... "Well what was the answer then?" if previous scaling was also completely screwing over players like yourself? ... It's in the Gear Mods themselves.  Currently they're just too one-dimensional.  This Accuracy Vs DP thing, AP versus bonus damage to specific targets, ALL of the chainable CC's while CC resistance caps at 60%.  The entire thing is a one way street that only helps the 'Rich get Richer'.  PA just doesn't have the Creativity to introduce Scaling gear mods that would turn all this Vertical scaling into Horizontel scaling or more importantly to have the Mods diverse enough to support all of the Roles/Classes at once.  Right now the Mod scaling picks winners and losers between the classes giving Rangers the biggest advantage right now and giving Sorc/Wiz next to the highest advantage while leaving almost nothing for all the other classes.  Especially for Support classes or ones who must sacrifice Mobility while doing their comboing.

Does this help put it in better perspective why you're always losing?  And why you could quit your job tomorrow but still never "carry" a Team on your own in this game?

Posted

Main problem is you play a trash tier class. Your gear and lvl is preatty much medicore. And people on yours spots have similar items to you. Fact is gear give insane advantage in this game. But truth is gap between classes is even bigger. Try one of the top classes:

• Ranger
  • Wizard/Witch
  • Sorc

And btw. Do not listen idiots that say you should rush to 55. Priority is make +15 on all items. Without it you will be destroyed on 55 lvl spots.

I dont have time to level up another class and also i dont like other classes except from Valkyrie, its kinda the reason i chose it :) but thanks.

The answer to your question, depends on how competitive you want to be. People say you will eventually get there that might be true becaue gear is capped at some point, there is nothing better than boss gear, so the cap is there. You have to find your competition.

In my opinion BDO has 3 tier of players.
 Hardocore Players - No lifers all they do is play games everyday spend 12-16hours+ per day, they have DUO or TRI everything. If you want to compete against them better play GW2 or quit your job. If they fail DUO accessory its meh for them, they can get 10 mark of shadows the next day by farming all day.
Normal Players  job/school - They can play 5-8hours per day have PRI-DUO, they manage their time wisely. If they fail DUO RIP, because time is very limited for them.
I play 2 hours a day - They will never be competitive, but you can pvp against them. They play because they like horses and the graphics.

People here tell you do the daily and weekly and you are good to go. I think doing this is JUST enough to compete against tier 2 players, but not tier1.

That might be true. but yeah there shoulndt be that much diffrence.. i guess i really have outgrown MMO's and probly shoulndt play another one again. :(

1 person likes this

Posted

iF YOU get really frustrated when losing yes, it is time to quit now. The gap will be wider once Valencia and +16 enhancements comes out. IMHO worst decision ever to release this kraken before first Node Wars and Sieges.

I agree, in other servers they had no wars and can participate at level 50-55, now everyone would be 54+ in our version which sucks the fun because peopel are geared as ----- right now already. 

Posted (edited)

gw2 elite spec is buried beneath a massive grind.

ad least GW2 dont have OP gear every 1 so far i no so 80% wears orange gear 

so yea every1 is the same but it comes down to your skill tree how you build it 

and some runes in your gear buy no1 is realy op there 

i like that system a bit more 

build your char on your skills and not gear 

i stile try my best here to get a full +15 but to tell the truth am not a big fan of upgrading gear system 

it can be somewhat unbalance for normal players vs the die hardcore players 

i work 40 a 50 hours a week so yea to build my char here it will be slow and painfull 

but stile its a very nice game but some things can be beter :)

Edited by Shadessa76

Posted

ad least GW2 dont have OP gear every 1 so far i no so 80% wears orange gear 

so yea every1 is the same but it comes down to your skill tree how you build it 

and some runes in your gear buy no1 is realy op there 

i like that system a bit more 

build your char on your skills and not gear 

i stile try my best here to get a full +15 but to tell the truth am not a big fan of upgrading gear system 

it can be somewhat unbalance for normal players vs the die hardcore players 

i work 40 a 50 hours a day so yea to build my char here it will be slow and painfull 

but stile its a very nice game but some things can be beter :)

Okay okay okay, you gotta tell me your secret :)

how do you work 40-50 hours a day :)

PS: yep i agree, stuff could be better.

Posted

Come back when it goes F2P and lets you sell cash shop items on AH, then you'll be able to catch up quickly. 

Yeah this is me, can play 4-6 hours every day, have a job can't no life 6-12 hours. Have PRI accessories and Liverto +15, think I did pretty well for myself considering it's my first MMO, so it's definily possible for experienced players to catch up a decent amount, but probably if you start now you would never get into Tier 1 without serious 24/7 grind and RNG jesus by your side.

Posted

Ever tried to catch up for an EVE player who started way before you? Not possible.

Posted

Ive quit today as the pvp in this game is just shit, and node wars will be a cluster f**k, gl to you all and keep spending that hard earned cash so daum can not give a shit and pump out cash shop items with + stats so you fools buy them

Cya..

2 people like this

Posted

@Nekropolis One advice for you.  Don't ever get distracted because this game has SO MUCH distraction.  Whether you want to hit 55 first or hit 300+ gear score, focus only on one thing.  I barely have time in this game but I still manage to hit 55 with decent +15 gear.  

Posted

All this content is made so you're forced to either no-life it or spend money on the cash shop. Just how it is, why I chargedback a while ago.

Posted

Help?

Biggest part about getting older and playing MMOs is understand how much time you reasonably have. And understand what that time will get you in the game.

I'm a casual player, single father, working. I don't get much hours on, but I understand that I wont be competing with the top unless I either get lucky or invest more time, or just play at my pace.

You are like many other people, you work, you don't have time to spend 10+ hours a day playing the game. That is not a bad thing, it shows you just have other priorities.

But if you feel the only way to enjoy the game is to compete with the top, then its either dedicate more time, get lucky or play it out. You have to find if its the right game for you, given your time and the return on investment of time in this game.

You have to compete with what resources you have.

Posted

Why do people care so freaking much about being "competitive"? Especially when people don't have the time or the skill to be competitive. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Why do people care so freaking much about being "competitive"? Especially when people don't have the time or the skill to be competitive. 

Because it's not fun to get stomped in a guild pvp war and contribute nothing since all the skill you've obtained in other games means nothing because of the discrepancy caused by gear. Kinda hard to have a real life and just want to do some pvp when you finally get a chance to put up your feet because of this.

Edited by Farkon

Posted (edited)

Because it's not fun to get stomped in a guild pvp war and contribute nothing since all the skill you've obtained in other games means nothing because of the discrepancy caused by gear. Kinda hard to have a real life and just want to do some pvp when you finally get a chance to put up your feet because of this.

Then this is the wrong kind of game for you. 

If you want to have a real life and be competitive at the same time, play a MOBA, FPS arena games, or other MMO's with gear equalized PvP. 

I know I'm not competitive so I just focus on parts of the game I have fun with. 

Edited by HayamaLinnus

Posted

Then this is the wrong kind of game for you. 

If you want to have a real life and be competitive at the same time, play a MOBA, FPS arena games, or other MMO's with gear equalized PvP. 

I know I'm not competitive so I just focus on parts of the game I have fun with. 

Almost every other MMO/RPG game has a psudo wall that stops overwhelming progression so that casual/"nolife" players can still catchup and participate while affecting the outcome of a pvp battle ground or even 1v1. Obviously the hardcore players will have an advantage because they grinded out that last bit of advantage, but it's far too much in this game.

It's just insane to me that you need to be "competitive" to at least have fun in pvp.