• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I've read a few other topics similar to this one, and I'm hoping to discuss this a bit more.

Personal Transactions...or, in every other MMO, player trading.

I ALWAYS play with my brother, and we have, since we started playing MMO's, always done our best to offset one another. I'll blacksmith, he tailors, I'll mine, he farms, I'll tank, he heals. That's what we enjoy most, being able to interact with each other..and I feel like BDO kind of botched that.

Am I correct that I CANNOT give him weapons or armor, I cannot give him crafting materials that I won't use, I cannot give him items I've crafted (furniture, etc...).  

Why?! This is a terrible way to go about preventing gold sellers...I don't want to play if I can't co-op with my brother..We don't have dungeons, we can't craft for one another, we can't give useless gear we loot to one another..I looted a Musa sword on my Valkyrie and I am just supposed to sell it if I can't use it? That's ludicrous, beyond crazy!

is this going to be changing anytime soon that we know of? No amount of beautiful graphics, immersive character creation, and smooth combat can make me want to play if I can't play with a friend..

Posted

Well this is a solo game afterall

Posted

It's an MMO, am I mistaken?

Player interaction is a staple of MMO's..

Posted

As far as I know, the only item I could trade so far was food. Other than that, you do nearly everything separately apart from grinding in party. This game doesn't really have a path you need to choose, you can do it all by yourself if you want to. The downside for you in this case is that for some reason it seems to limit you to have fun with your brother, even though you can still cooperate by sharing experiences, planning out your nodes, grinding together,...

2 people like this

Posted

Yea just consumables like potions can be traded. Player interaction here is limited to grinding and pvping together. At this point the pvp is limited as well since we don't have proper sieges yet. The only pvp that happens is getting ganked while grinding at a popular spot or killing afk fishers.

Posted

Yea just consumables like potions can be traded. Player interaction here is limited to grinding and pvping together. At this point the pvp is limited as well since we don't have proper sieges yet. The only pvp that happens is getting ganked while grinding at a popular spot or killing afk fishers.

maybe in your experiences.. do not generalize your individual experiences about PvP and say its the only PvP that happens.

The Guild I joined gets into almost daily PvP.. and even when its a war.. we've actually ended up giving each other mutual respect.. as in we even talked to the opposing guild and commented in a  civil and even admiring fashion about group mechanics and organization.. tactics .. etc.

the ganks and PK still happen .. but it's not the only PvP that happens in BDO.. certainly not always on our server.. or channels.

The dynamics that will be created when node wars and sieges arrive soon. will make for  a very exciting game to an already beautifully crafted MMO.

as for the OP's questions.. i still feel like they should have at least implemented somehow a limited trade aside from food... potions.. and elixers to be traded.. perhaps a guild Vault where anything that gets taken out is character bound to the guild member withdrawing it ? 

Posted

The game wasn't designed to let players trade between them (Korean politic...) and so they won't let us do it. I play with my lovely one, and we also find that it is pretty boring that we cannot trade items, since we like different things in the game we could have helped eachother.

Posted

I've read a few other topics similar to this one, and I'm hoping to discuss this a bit more.

Personal Transactions...or, in every other MMO, player trading.

I ALWAYS play with my brother, and we have, since we started playing MMO's, always done our best to offset one another. I'll blacksmith, he tailors, I'll mine, he farms, I'll tank, he heals. That's what we enjoy most, being able to interact with each other..and I feel like BDO kind of botched that.

Am I correct that I CANNOT give him weapons or armor, I cannot give him crafting materials that I won't use, I cannot give him items I've crafted (furniture, etc...).  

Why?! This is a terrible way to go about preventing gold sellers...I don't want to play if I can't co-op with my brother..We don't have dungeons, we can't craft for one another, we can't give useless gear we loot to one another..I looted a Musa sword on my Valkyrie and I am just supposed to sell it if I can't use it? That's ludicrous, beyond crazy!

is this going to be changing anytime soon that we know of? No amount of beautiful graphics, immersive character creation, and smooth combat can make me want to play if I can't play with a friend..

Quit -----ing please . You find a weapon for him but you can already buy one at market and a full set of armor from market too . 

IF you want to have lvl 50 set you need 1.5 mil silver and you got best primarry , best secondarry amd best armor from market .

You want to trade him a weapon who is useless wtf ? 

I do realise that this is bad , but stop -----ing aroud , go away to another game . The game is out for 3 y in korea , now you woked up to answer this thing ?

Posted

I feel you man. I play with my gf and with some other friends. It sucks not beeing able to trade with them ... BUT

and there is a big BUT.

This allows the game to have an amazing economy. It wouldn't be possible without that. Everything can be bought. You can have professions, earn money, and still buy anything. All the games economy system wouldnt be able to exist without this restriction. All the useful items would need to be soulbound like in every other mmo. 

Not beeing able to trade is not a rule bc they think it's better not to trade with your friends. It's a necessity to have such a great economy system in the game.

BTW, you can solve the most common issue (distributing the loot to the one who needs it while playing togeather) by changing the loot method of the party. The leader has to click on the wheel and click a checkbox (forgot the name) Then all the items will go to a bag and each player can chose to roll for it, pass for a teammate, or even sell it automaticly on the marketplace and distribute the money among the party