• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Every second you don't spend grinding is a huge loss - Remove energy cost on lifeskills ?

Remove energy cost for lifeskills ?   172 votes

1. 1. Should the energy cost on gathering/crafting be removed to balance the economy ?

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok now, serious talk.

With Daum reverting the turn-in tokens value back to their KR value, every second spent doing something else than grinding is, essentially, wasted time in terms of silver/hour. If they really want to make it like the KR version, then KR has no energy cost on processing.

I know what you guys are gonna tell me, and I'll try to debunk some misconceptions. If that is ever implemented, I think the XP/gather or XP/craft should be lowered in order to balance things out.

1) This will encourage botting

Botting is already ingame, and happens in every game, even if you try to remove the P2P trading system. Gathering bots are easy to detect, and it's not the players' responsibility to do something about it anyway (but that's another topic).

2) AFK macro'ing / water-gathering will be OP

You can already generate income at no energy cost while AFK and still level your lifeskills. Why should gathering be harder to level than fishing with 16+ coming ? It's not as if you were going to find 10 shards per night, just as you don't find 100 ARCS per night while fishing.

3) There will be too many resources on the AH.

With higher base min prices, this would not be an issue. It would even help the economy to have more basic items ingame, because more basic resources means more refined/crafted goods.

4) If there are more basic resources on the AH, the prices will be lower since there will be no demand.

Minimum prices should follow the inflation, it's up to Daum to set the rules.

5) The guys that have Master/Guru ranks will make a lot of money.

So be it. If everyone wants to reach master/guru, I think the reward should be worth it. A Guru processor will yield a ton of black stone powder per grinded crystal, yes, but there will be no point in grinding for it since the demande will be too low in order to make any decent silver/hour profit. It will force people to look for opportunities, bringing back "skill/knowledge" in a bot-dominated marketplace. What would be the point in sniping Platinum if you knew it would be available 24/7 ?

6) Why should you earn as much silver without taking the same risks ?

Grinding is low-risk / high-reward if you only think about the silver aspect of things. If you do not care about XP at all, there's no challenge in grinding sausans 24/7. On top of that, lifeskills don't reward SP, and that's already a huge negative side of lifeskills that is perfectly fine. A player with +15 bossgear acquired via grinding will always smash the player that acquired his +15 bossgear via lifeskills because he has more knowledge/SP. Allowing lifeskills players to earn as much money will only make them access the newer PvE content more easily, without making them feel burnt out on grinding and RNG.

These are just my thoughts, but to be honest, the current state of the game really does not feel fun at all. Releasing content patches after content patches without addressing core issues related to these updates are not the way to go. The playerbase is leaving, because people are slowly understanding that the way the game is managed is really bad (please, don't even try to argue, it's a fact). And don't tell me I'm a PvE carebear, I just find myself enjoying lifeskills from time to time in between sausan parties and GvG (55.40, 300+ AP/DP). I just can not understand why the game forces me to think that I'm wasting my time working on them, because in the end, more silver = more power. Higher lifeskills can currently not compete with grinding due to energy costs.

Edited by Karmek
1 person likes this

Posted

i dont know how i feel about this, i get annoyed when i run out of energy but it gives me an excuse to do some grinding or fishing, tbh i am happy with things as they are right now.

4 people like this

Posted

I dunno I feel like you should be doing life skills because YOU njoy them not because you want to make money.

That may change with imperial crafting though. 

I also think that Daum are intentionally making grinding more attractive for profit to get the players geared and ready for the contentt come. It's possible they want to get us as caught up to KR as possible then fix the major issues once that's done. Just a probability.

2 people like this

Posted

The whole post just sounds like you want to remove lifeskills as a path to wealth/power for some players and make everyone grind instead. 

2 people like this

Posted

I would remove it on processing only.

Posted

Why? (besides "because KR") Processing is where all the money is.

1 person likes this

Posted

I could get behind this, but energy for crafting should not be removed.

Posted

same.

Posted

I'd remove it from amity and knowledge instead.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish you could get workers to do everything/anything eg gathering/fishing/meat hunting etc

Posted

Processing remove please.. Or higher success chance to not use energy at certain process levels.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, the system is fine. With 360 energy I have, I can be more than 2 hours doing life skills . I do not need more. Another thing to want to get rich while you are AFK , and for that there is fishing.

3 people like this

Posted

Every second I spend not grinding is not a loss.   Every second I spend NOT grinding is a second I spend having fun fishing, or crafting, or horse taming, or talking with my guild, etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

No. Guild gathering quests depend upon energy scarcity. 

3 people like this

Posted

I am more bothered with crafting failures wasting time than energy. I spend time trying to burn a certain amount of energy only for some of that energy to regen back by the time I'm done with a batch.

Posted

I'd remove it from amity and knowledge instead.

This ^^

Posted

I would keep energy cost but for ----- sake make professions profitable. 

Posted (edited)

They should add energy cost for looting.

Edited by Zen
1 person likes this

Posted

They should add energy cost for looting.

Also energy costs to open money boxes from mobs :D (tbh I kinda liked that feature, means I can save tons of loot bags for later to open. kinda like a good feeling of opening stuff with money in it with me)

Posted

I don't care about this either way specifically, but I echo the sentiment, every single activity in the game is eclipsed by grinding, profit wise. What desire do I have to fish, cook, craft, trade, when I can make twice as much one shotting mobs...way to make 90% of your game pointless, for real.

Posted

Daum must do this, I am l57 and I have only 80 energy. I already took advantage of grinding and now I want to be on level with those who wasted invested their time adquiring Knowledge and leveled lifeskills.

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum must do this, I am l57 and I have only 80 energy. I already took advantage of grinding and now I want to be on level with those who wasted invested their time adquiring Knowledge and leveled lifeskills.

Are you for real?  You just said you spent your time grinding instead of acquiring knowledge and leveling life skills, it's 100% your choices that put you in your current situation.  Daum does not need to fix your poor planning and decision making.

2 people like this

Posted

if you spent this long grinding, unless u were an idiot with your saved AH selling, u should have a fortune knowing just how many hours 55-56 and 56-57 take, just buy the stuff you need, besides, with the new loot tables the rest of the stuff u need to craft are gonna be cheap as F in the market place.

Posted

It should be like KR, no energy costs for processing.

Posted (edited)

I dunno I feel like you should be doing life skills because YOU njoy them not because you want to make money.

Same can be said for grinding. You get gear drops and xp, why do you think you deserve a money on top?

Edited by Kat