• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reliable Blooming from WW cancel - microdash method

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you have a mouse with side buttons or a macroable keyboard, you can just macro the entire input of Blooming onto a button and this doesn't really matter for you.  If you don't, or have run out of buttons to map it to (like me), this may be helpful for you.

The problem with the WW cancel is that it makes left click the anchor point on your mouse.  Considering the input of Blooming (shift+LMB+RMB), if you press:

• Shift first, you cancel into Carver
  • RMB first, you cancel into Decapitation.  

You need to press them all at pretty much the exact same time otherwise it messes up.  At least for me, even when it feels like I pressed them all at the same time, it still sometimes fumbles into either of the above.

Back when we were using the kick cancel, the anchor point was RMB.  This was good because shift+RMB was Stub Arrow and did not cancel you out of dash.  This meant you can easily buffer your inputs during the dash animation by pressing in the order of RMB > Shift > LMB and the moment you pressed LMB was when Blooming was cast.  This isn't the case for the WW cancel.

So how do we transfer that over to the WW cancel?   We need to switch anchor points to RMB again.

If you know how the Chase 2 dash cancel works, it's actually W+(LMB > RMB > LMB > RMB) and so forth.  But to make it easier we use WW instead of W+RMB so we don't have to keep alternating clicks.  To transfer the anchor point you're gonna have to do a microdash using the manual LMB RMB cancel before you do Blooming.

So altogether, the inputs become

W+WW+LMB > unpress LMB and WW, keep pressing W > LMB > unpress LMB > RMB (hold) > Shift > LMB.

I have WW mapped to Page Up in the video.

Edited by Ambient

Posted

The use of macros is forbidden, as stated in Section 12.1.3 of our Terms of Use. Customer Support will take action based on the severity of the Macro usage.

Glad to see people even run out of buttons to map, yay rules!

Posted

Glad to see people even run out of buttons to map, yay rules!

I mean... I came from KR where everyone and their mother macro'd inputs *cough* Dbite dash spam *cough*.

But nowadays my mouse side buttons are occupied with:

• Page Up (WW)
  • Page Down (SS)
  • L+R (sue me)

I technically have more buttons to use, but they're awkward af to press in the heat of battle so I avoid them.

Posted

hmm it seems very complicated.

how i execute bloom is just w+f then shift+lmb+rmb.

do it as fast as you can and you will do bloom without moving.

you can always dash a few times first before executing it and it will look like your video.

Posted

hmm it seems very complicated.

how i execute bloom is just w+f then shift+lmb+rmb.

do it as fast as you can and you will do bloom without moving.

you can always dash a few times first before executing it and it will look like your video.

The point of it is doing Blooming from the WW dash rather than the W+F dash.

Posted (edited)

The point of it is doing Blooming from the WW dash rather than the W+F dash.

sorry i forgot to mention my F is actually WW... i key binded F to WW.

Basically is W+WW quickly then shift+lmb+rmb quickly.

Edited by gunwale

Posted

sorry i forgot to mention my F is actually WW... i key binded F to WW.

Basically is W+WW then shift+lmb+rmb quickily.

That's the same scenario as the one I laid out then.  You're still gonna have to be holding LMB to be actually doing the cancel, and that's what causes the problems.

I mean...yeah I can do the WW dash directly into Blooming like you and still have a 90% success rate, but that 10% fail rate is enough for me to seek other methods.

Posted

That's the same scenario as the one I laid out then.  You're still gonna have to be holding LMB to be actually doing the cancel, and that's what causes the problems.

I mean...yeah I can do the WW dash directly into Blooming like you and still have a 90% success rate, but that 10% fail rate is enough for me to seek other methods.

no you dont need to hold anything and i do not know where does your 90/10 comes from. how it works is  shift+lmb+rmb will execute the normal bloom and if u press w+ww before that it will go into the canceled bloom. basically if your are stationary it will do the normal bloom and if you are not it will execute the cancel version and it has nothing to do with carver. this is exactly the same as your microdash bloom without the complexity or macro.

Posted

no you dont need to hold anything and i do not know where does your 90/10 comes from. how it works is  shift+lmb+rmb will execute the normal bloom and if u press w+ww before that it will go into the canceled bloom. basically if your are stationary it will do the normal bloom and if you are not it will execute the cancel version and it has nothing to do with carver. this is exactly the same as your microdash bloom without the complexity or macro.

I don't think you understand what the problem is.

Posted

I don't think you understand what the problem is.

hmm i cant test and can you give me some explanation on the problem?

i am just guessing you probably do not want the carver before bloom?

to do that you just need to release all your keys before dash animation ends and press shift+lmb+rmb which is exactly what it is written in the bloom skill description.

Posted (edited)

hmm i cant test and can you give me some explanation on the problem?

i am just guessing you probably do not want the carver before bloom?

to do that you just need to release all your keys before dash animation ends and press shift+lmb+rmb which is exactly what it is written in the bloom skill description.

I think that's even more unreliable tbh.  I'm really tempted to just put it all on a button again LOL.

Edited by Ambient

Posted (edited)

I think that's even more unreliable tbh.  I'm really tempted to just put it all on a button again LOL.

you have to release the w too when i say release all.

actually you just need to ww release every key and shift+lmb+rmb.

Edited by gunwale
edited

Posted

actually you just need to ww release every key and shift+lmb+rmb.

I stopped holding W at 0:30.  It became somewhat more reliable but then fails started doing the non-instant blooming, which I would say is 10x worse than accidentally doing Carver.

This was mirrored by the frustrations expressed in this thread:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/88043-chase-2-cancel-into-blooming-phantom/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0