• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Truth about awakening weapons in KR

73 posts in this topic

Posted

PA said they will issue a huge balance pass on all classes once everyone got their awakening and prior to V3 release Iin KR. However class balance will never be perfect obviously, so there will always be a FOTM.

No one can provide a "perfect" class balance, no game in the world can do that. I sure dont except that.

But just when you just see the HUGE different with dmg / iframe ability between class, that's pretty insane how that game is for now broken...

Not saying that considering OP post, the awakening situation pretty suck very bad ( since they turned thoses nearly as a "mandatory weapon", not speaking about the needed skillpoint farm needed )

Posted

This guy was exposed as a fraud by real KR players.

Posted

So there is someone who takes a lot fo effort and time and writes alot about it.

And than there is you who basically says "bullshit".

Ladies and gentlemen .... who deserves more credit and accountability?

And then you track down the actual reddit post and see people call it for what it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4kzsn8/current_state_of_awakening_weapons_in_kr/d3j8ia5

And then you read the OP more carefully and notice little gems like:

"These nonsense also affect PVP in a hard way. I’m not interested in pvp so I just do PVE and life skills, but I heard"

So we're getting hearsay about hearsay that other players, some of which are actually playing on the Korean servers, saying it's a load of drek.

P.S. Check out Savage Punk's posting history if you want to talk about credibility.

3 people like this

Posted

That awkward moment when my comment got more upvotes than the OP.

@CM_Jouska Can we get this locked now? It's not going to go anywhere. The OP on the reddit link just made that account today in an attempt distribute falsified information, and his lies have been completely debunked. This thread will only serve as a method to miss-inform people about what the actual state of the KR client is.

Posted

lol .... so the 2nd most useless class currently got his First and the hands down most Overpowered (in GvG) class hasn't even gotten theirs yet?

...Someone remind me why this is actually a problem?  (no don't actually, this is a rhetorical question idiot)

I can tell you.. GvG dont develop your character.. you get nothing from there.. but the damage from the awakened weapon gives you better farming more money and more skills. If you have farmed at double speed for like an year more than someone.. how he suppose to catch up with gear and skills ?

Posted

This reddit post is to 100% false, ignore it. I play in korea and know whats going on there, and this is total bs ^^

Nice rebuttal

Posted

this thread is bs btw like many have stated

doesn't reflect reality and lol at the %% comparison

im pretty sure plum Red Moon is like 7000% right now, and then so is tamer Roar  and probably other classes's skills

witch/wizard's awakening is horse.

Posted

" Reddit Post " 

Lol. There's a reason why people with half a brain don't visit that site you know.

Posted

How'd Musa awakening in KR?

It's very strong.  Musa awakening and Greatsword are really similar I feel - Bladers get even faster with the awakening due to another iFrame / access to a "burst" skill (I don't play one but it's basically like a longer version of Chase with a CD).

Plus it looks AWESOME

Posted

Notice the lack of responses to this thread after you posted that link. Thank you for proving the OP wrong, we don't need false information being spread around because someone decided to talk out of their ass on Reddit :P

Posted (edited)

Everyone is saying Musa awakening is really good, better than Maewha...

who is everyone? 

Edited by Acover

Posted

who is everyone? 

SavagePunk for example, playing in KR with a twitch account that proves it.

Posted

My genuine hope, at least for NA/EU is that Kakao/Daum will get some changes into our version that scale back the insane damage modifiers on awakening weapons. Every time I see videos of pvp in Korea, its just 2-3 hit combos where if you get the first hit, generally you win. Thats incredibly uninteresting. Its a shame that the AP scaling to DP ratio is only further exacerbated with awakening weapons and at least for me, is terribly dull. At least in a longer fight you have room to turn the tide of a fight, but if you get lucky and land a good combo, it seems like you win.   

Theres gotta be some middle ground here.

Posted

My genuine hope, at least for NA/EU is that Kakao/Daum will get some changes into our version that scale back the insane damage modifiers on awakening weapons. Every time I see videos of pvp in Korea, its just 2-3 hit combos where if you get the first hit, generally you win. Thats incredibly uninteresting. Its a shame that the AP scaling to DP ratio is only further exacerbated with awakening weapons and at least for me, is terribly dull. At least in a longer fight you have room to turn the tide of a fight, but if you get lucky and land a good combo, it seems like you win.   

That is a problem with dp and gaps in gear. Please shut the hell up about nerfs.

Posted

That is a problem with dp and gaps in gear. Please shut the hell up about nerfs.

Stop telling necromancers what to do. They don't listen.

Posted

Theres really no need for the salt.

Im just saying that clearly its a problem with DP and AP, but so too the crazy high scaling on Awakening skills, dont you think? I mean when you have thousands more % higher damage modifiers on awakening abilities, dont you think that completely skews the damage output disproportionately higher when compared to vanilla weapons? I mean, sure I know thats the point but at least in regards to damage output, do you think theres anything that could use adjustment? Genuinely curious for opinions here. 

Posted (edited)

So there is someone who takes a lot fo effort and time and writes alot about it.

And than there is you who basically says "bullshit".

Ladies and gentlemen .... who deserves more credit and accountability?

The one that has more likes than his own post count.

Not to mention all the other reasons already stated.

Edited by Katsuragi
1 person likes this

Posted

don't tell the truth :)

its a FPS game, everyone one shots everyone. It's balanced! 

Posted

don't tell the truth :)

its a FPS game, everyone one shots everyone. It's balanced! 

Hello there mage you shouldn't practice necromancy outside the college of winter hold the soldiers don't like it

Posted (edited)

the pvp became quite ridiculous where people die by one streak of skill combos. Currently in KR PVP, if you want to be competitive, you have to be at least lv59, or lv60 with +19 gears.

Its nearly already that since "day one" because :  gear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> skill

so not suprising since they don really tweak - work - rework many game "mecanic" its only going to be worse and worse

well, that was bound to happen if the awakening wasnt just additionnal gameplay possibilities, but mandatory weapon because way more OP than the base weapon.

Its dumb as F# to do that in the first place, and imho the n°1 issues with awakening.

Edited by woots

Posted

Ok this is copy past freom reddit.

Hello reddit, I’m from KR server, and I’m here to talk about the current state of awakening weapons in KR.

I’m not that good at speaking English, so bear in mind that there will be some broken grammars. Before getting to the point, currently I am 57 Maehwa and 56 Musa, and played about 4 months.

Many BDO users in NA/EU sever will be wondering about the cool looking awakening weapons currently available in KR. Does it adds up in the game play and makes it interesting and fair? Are they well balanced that makes most of the people happy about it? Sadly, the answer is No, and furthermore, it is EXTREMELY broken. And yes, I had to emphasize it. Here’s why I think it is so broken (and it will be a quite long complaint).

1. Awaken VS Non-awaken

As you may know, in KR, they made probably one of the dumbest decisions in MMO history to release it one by one. The first awakening weapon which is the 2H sword for warrior was released in October, 2015, and considering the current pace, the last awakening weapon for witch and wizard will be released in August (if pearl abyss rushes), this year. This means witch and wizard have to struggle this unfairness for about 1 year. If a MMORPG is over 5 years old, it is considered to have a long life, and 1 year is about 20% of the total lifespan.

Then how wide the gap between Awaken and non-awaken is?

The witch can learn and cast a Meteor strike which deals about 5000% DMG total for 90s cool time + 400 mana with casting time. On the other hand, Meahwa, considered to be the lower tier in awaken group, can learn a stab and slash skill at lv56 that deals total 5500% DMG for 13s cool(can be used while cooldown). If you reach lv60 wall, Meahwa can deal about 7000% to 10000% DMG with a simple skill combo. (And FYI, between characters that have awakening weapon, Meawha deals the least DMG.) This makes PVE grinding almost twice faster for awaken compared to non-awaken, which is a huge difference. Also it sets an unbreakable wall between characters in the game that PVP matters a lot.

1. Awaken VS him/her self.

Some of you might choose your character by the weapon they wield and their play style. Some of you might choose Ranger because you like archery, and some of you might choose Musa because his blade with nimble and flexible skill set. Well, too bad for you because awakening weapon changes everything. Your non-awaken skills will not scale up while you level up which makes it less competitive, forcing you to use your awaken weapon with a significantly different play style even if you don’t like it.

Also, did you spend your skill points to test and see what they do? Unfortunately for you, you will have to charge your cash currency and be ready to buy a skill reset coupon. At lv56 you will need at least over 100 skill points to use every awakening weapon skills at the point and 90 skill points at lv57, which makes it hard to catch up if you spent skill point for your non-awakening weapon skills. At lv56, it will take an hour to gain 3 skill points with 30% exp buff, so 33 additional hours of grinding for skill points.

1. Awaken VS Awaken

Clearly Pearl Abyss knows awakening weapons are causing a balance issue, and it seems they are trying to release remaining awakening weapons as fast as they can. However, it feels like because they are desperate to meet the deadline, they are releasing it without further consideration and balancing. It feels like the quality of the character and skill designs are getting worse. Currently in KR the most powerful characters are Warrior, Ranger, and Sorc, the 3 characters that got their awakening first, probably had much more time to develop and test. As I said, I have 56 Musa and 57 Meahwa, the overall DPS got higher since the DMG % got higher, but the skill mechanism and mobility got degenerated which feels stiff and clunky like a downgraded version of warrior. It’s not the character I used to like any more.

Personally, I think what makes MMORPG more interesting is when you overcome your character’s weak points with your control skills and co-operation with your friends. Warrior has a lower DPS and mobility, but has a shield block ability that makes him tanky. Ranger can deal serious amount of DMG but can have a bad time dealing with close quarter fights. This makes them have their own role and play style.

However it seems Pearl Abyss doesn’t agree with me and looks like their goal is to make a ‘perfect’ character. Warrior was lacking DPS and mobility, so they gave him top tier DPS and a chase skill which is arguably better than Musa’s chase skill, while they still have their shield, making him a character that has everything. They gave Ranger a grab skill which is essential for melee PVP, crazr DPS for sorc and so on. It just doesn’t feel right for me.

These nonsense also affect PVP in a hard way. I’m not interested in pvp so I just do PVE and life skills, but I heard that since the awakening skill DMG% is so high, the pvp became quite ridiculous where people die by one streak of skill combos. Currently in KR PVP, if you want to be competitive, you have to be at least lv59, or lv60 with +19 gears. Under that line, you are considered as a minion to die here and there to become CS points for high tier players because there is no way to withstand their DMG.

These are the few reasons why I think awakening weapons needs more time to be developed and I can guarantee that if Pearl Abyss releases awakening weapon in NA/EU server soon in this state, a lot of people will rage quit the game and that number will be much more than the people quitting because they are too bored to wait until it gets OK. Thankfully I heard that they are releasing Balencia with a monster balance tweak, and I believe it’s an indication that they are treating NA/EU server users more seriously, thus tweaking the character/awakening balance for less BS. I wish that NA/EU server users notice the problem of awakening weapons and get a better quality game play by asking for better and more balanced characters.

Looking at this old post makes me smh for obvious reasons...

Posted

Locking due to topic being necro'd