• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[POLL] Don't remove low level PvP from the game.

Do you want the game to have low level PvP or you don't care if you first experience with PvP is going to be at Lv50?   179 votes

1. 1. Do you want the game to have low level PvP or you don't care if you first experience with PvP is going to be at Lv50?

• I want to experience PvP before end game, I can't w8 so long to PvP for the first time.
    • I don't care that I won't PvP until end game, I can w8 till Lv50.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Me personal the whole idea that PvP would be something just for end game doesn't sound good at all, I want to start PvPing as soon as possible, some might say that it won't take much to reach Lv50 this might be true for lot's of people who rush the game & just grind non stop & skip most of the quest & never read dialogues &/or for those people who have play the game in other regions already & know more or less everything & will never have the need to take it slowly & explore & read & research the game for the first time now in the EU/NA release, imo a new player that have never play the game before will need over 10 days to 2 weeks for Lv50 & I say that because I try the game during alpha without knowing anything about the game & I reach Lv25 in a week & as I know since then leveling become even harder, so a new player that doesn't know anything about the game will need at least 2 weeks to reach Lv50 & if we are talking for some casual that play just 2-3 hours/day then for those people might even take a month, so the excuse that Lv50 won't take long is not good enough for me for DAUM to completely remove from the game low level PvP.

As for the second most used excuse that classes are not balanced for low lvl PvP I say to that "so what?" in L2 for example classes never was balanced but PvP/PK offered to players from Lv1, it's not about balance it's about having fun & learn your char & learn to adapt to those around you & be accustomed with PvP in general as soon as possible & not having to w8 for 1-2 weeks or more in order to experience PvP for the first time, playing for so many days without be able to experience PvP will make the game boring imo at least for me it will, also it will ruin my experience while trying to reach end game because I won't be able to enjoy the game & do other stuff when I know that the longer I loose time with other aspects of the game & the longer I stay low lvl the longer will take for me to start PvPing.

Finally to those who fear so much that higher lvl's will gang them all day long I propose for a very strong punishment to implemented into the game for high lvls who kill people who are lower lvl than them, let's say more than 3-5 lvls lower, this will resolve this issue & make people stop crying about it because all of them think that a Lv50+ have nothing better to do than loose his time & his karma on them, w/e, in short the reason I want for low level PvP to exist in the game is for people of similar lvl to fight each other, not for higher lvl players to gang lower lvl ones, I clear that because many people that have no brain keep on repeating that those who ask for low lvl PvP do it because they want to gang lower lvl ones, well that's not the reason I want low lvl PvP but because I love to PvP & I want to be able to do it as soon as possible & not have to w8 for 2 weeks, so other people who also want the game to have low lvl PvP vote & let's show to DAUM that there is lot's of people who want the game to have low lvl PvP & don't like that DAUM is going to leave PvP just for end game.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like the option.

Posted

I guess there are still PVE´ler or just players, which just want to learn the game before they get farmed in PvP...Low Level PvP isn´t aint fun if the Enemy one got more Skills or can play his Character...To much Poeple would leave the game if they don´t get the chance to play it without issues to the end... PvP should be set at Level 50... not earlier...

Posted

Low-level PvP is always fun.  However, with such a quick leveling curve Im not sure it's necessary.  You will see large groups of 50s within days.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only problem with having level 50-only PvP is that those who want to stay safe from PvP can stay level 49.99% indefinitely since you need to complete a quest to actually ding 50. In Korea, some people suggest staying 49.99 until you grind out a lot of skill points (although I never found it necessary). With our version being hard-capped at 50.99% this may be a bigger issue with people taking advantage of the system to be jerks at grinding spots with no consequences.

Posted

Low Level PvP would be a problem.

Not all classes develop their skill sets until late 40-50.

So then certain classes would reign over others and discourage most people playing.

I'd prefer it to stay at 50 and up.

The only problem with having level 50-only PvP is that those who want to stay safe from PvP can stay level 49.99% indefinitely since you need to complete a quest to actually ding 50. In Korea, some people suggest staying 49.99 until you grind out a lot of skill points (although I never found it necessary). With our version being hard-capped at 50.99% this may be a bigger issue with people taking advantage of the system to be jerks at grinding spots with no consequences.

Has that been brought up in a discussion yet? They could easily make changes to prevent this.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would rather learn my class and get used to combo's in pve before i do pvp, so i wouldnt mind it being lvl 50.

Posted (edited)

Has that been brought up in a discussion yet? They could easily make changes to prevent this.

Are you speaking to needing to complete the black spirit quest to jump from 49.999999999 to 50+? In all honesty, you're hindering yourself by not doing the quest. You gain nothing by "grinding out skill points" because skill point grind is a soft cap to the number of skill points gained, not your life level.

The hard cap, unless a dev posted something somewhere that I haven't seen, is level 100. This was cleared up in the thread you made about hard cap a while back.

As far as low level PVP, you do know that when you die you lose XP, right? Plus, you can always power grind yourself to 50, and then go back and do the story after. It'll be easy, but you'll still have your story line to enjoy on top of reaching soft cap already. (could help the lowbies if they're struggling... although I've never struggled in the PvE of this game)

Edited by Jeenyus
2 people like this

Posted

Biased poll is biased. Please, ban yourself.

Posted (edited)

Me personal the whole idea that PvP would be something just for end game doesn't sound good at all, I want to start PvPing as soon as possible, some might say that it won't take much to reach Lv50 this might be true for lot's of people who rush the game & just grind non stop & skip most of the quest & never read dialogues &/or for those people who have play the game in other regions already & know more or less everything & will never have the need to take it slowly & explore & read & research the game for the first time now in the EU/NA release, imo a new player that have never play the game before will need over 10 days to 2 weeks for Lv50 & I say that because I try the game during alpha without knowing anything about the game & I reach Lv25 in a week & as I know since then leveling become even harder, so a new player that doesn't know anything about the game will need at least 2 weeks to reach Lv50 & if we are talking for some casual that play just 2-3 hours/day then for those people might even take a month, so the excuse that Lv50 won't take long is not good enough for me for DAUM to completely remove from the game low level PvP.

As for the second most used excuse that classes are not balanced for low lvl PvP I say to that "so what?" in L2 for example classes never was balanced but PvP/PK offered to players from Lv1, it's not about balance it's about having fun & learn your char & learn to adapt to those around you & be accustomed with PvP in general as soon as possible & not having to w8 for 1-2 weeks or more in order to experience PvP for the first time, playing for so many days without be able to experience PvP will make the game boring imo at least for me it will, also it will ruin my experience while trying to reach end game because I won't be able to enjoy the game & do other stuff when I know that the longer I loose time with other aspects of the game & the longer I stay low lvl the longer will take for me to start PvPing.

Finally to those who fear so much that higher lvl's will gang them all day long I propose for a very strong punishment to implemented into the game for high lvls who kill people who are lower lvl than them, let's say more than 3-5 lvls lower, this will resolve this issue & make people stop crying about it because all of them think that a Lv50+ have nothing better to do than loose his time & his karma on them, w/e, in short the reason I want for low level PvP to exist in the game is for people of similar lvl to fight each other, not for higher lvl players to gang lower lvl ones, I clear that because many people that have no brain keep on repeating that those who ask for low lvl PvP do it because they want to gang lower lvl ones, well that's not the reason I want low lvl PvP but because I love to PvP & I want to be able to do it as soon as possible & not have to w8 for 2 weeks, so other people who also want the game to have low lvl PvP vote & let's show to DAUM that there is lot's of people who want the game to have low lvl PvP & don't like that DAUM is going to leave PvP just for end game.

This would kind of work if players take karma for it .. and I guess that is fine.

you go all the way to the perma red you just have to take your lumps and call it a day. Granted there is no real risk for going red expect a endless karma mob hunt with no end in sight. No reason really the  have a 3-5 level differences because when you flag and hit a unflagged player you get karma for the hit and the kill ( if you do kill that unflagged player).

But you're a PvPer so here is the question for the week: 

If you flagged on a player and that player kills you what are you willing to give up cause you lost the fight ?

side note : 

In the next CBT they will raise the pvp level from lvl30 to an unknown level.

But from what I can tell from what I read you do not want a fight ... you want a duel and dueling is not a fight cause there is no risk in winning for losing.

Ask the Devs for a duel button if you want to duel  ... other than that you can go to the arena that are outside of town 

Edited by Zodson

Posted

low level is 50 btw. Pvp can be enabled in an hour if you just go to right grind spots.

Posted

Coulda sworn PVP started at 30? Or is this a recent change 

Posted

50+ only plox

Posted

pvp from 50 ofc

Posted

20+

Posted

pvp from 50 ofc

+1

Posted

It's not that I can't wait until 50 to PVP, I just think low level PVP is fun to do while your character is growing.  It gives you a chance to make friends, and enemies, on the way up to the higher levels.  Otherwise, most will just join some zerg guild when they get higher level.  But if you can form bonds, with other like minded individuals (PVP), it's a good thing.

Posted

You little whippersnapper of a tamer you :P

Posted

Lv 50 not really endgame IMO, I hope the progression is like the KR version where getting to 50 is very doable in 1 or 2 days.

Posted

This would kind of work if players take karma for it .. and I guess that is fine.

you go all the way to the perma red you just have to take your lumps and call it a day. Granted there is no real risk for going red expect a endless karma mob hunt with no end in sight. No reason really the  have a 3-5 level differences because when you flag and hit a unflagged player you get karma for the hit and the kill ( if you do kill that unflagged player).

But you're a PvPer so here is the question for the week: 

If you flagged on a player and that player kills you what are you willing to give up cause you lost the fight ?

side note : 

In the next CBT they will raise the pvp level from lvl30 to an unknown level.

But from what I can tell from what I read you do not want a fight ... you want a duel and dueling is not a fight cause there is no risk in winning for losing.

Ask the Devs for a duel button if you want to duel  ... other than that you can go to the arena that are outside of town 

They really should just keep all the same rules from karma 2.0 mainly the same and add in additional penalty for smacking down lower leveled characters. So you don't get high level vs low level griefing. Problems can occur when players know they are significantly more powerful than other players and are free to attack.

So with the added penalty, moving PVP down to level 20 wouldn't be too bad.

Posted

With the time it takes to reach level 50 there isn't really any point in enabling PvP that early in my opinion.

Posted

Isn't it just a thing for main chars? When he hit's 30/50 all your chars are attackable in pvp even if they just level 10 right?

Posted (edited)

end game isnt level 50. The game starts at level 50 this isnt wow. You dont eve have half your skills maxd at level 50 unlike most mmos where you have every skill. You also wont have skills unlocked for most due to build.

Edited by DontTouchMyHoHos

Posted

In the end it really depends on the leveling curve and how long 1-50 will take that group.

Posted

Just gonna assume you havent played the game, 1-50 is just so fast low lvl pvp is pointless tbh. And 50 isnt the level cap, will be constant pvp and competition and guild war dec's after 50. So wouldnt worry to much about it. RU has pvp from lvl 30, but never got attacked till around lvl 49, just pointless to pvp below that. Not to mention the class balance pre-50 is terrible.