• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BDO Herbal and Grain Juice.png

Black Desert Online Guide:

Herbal and Grain Juices Comparison

Maximizing Your Return on Health and Mana

By: Miekka

In this guide I will teach you how to make herbal and grain juices for Black Desert Online. Their light weight makes them more a effective alternative than HP Potions and Mana Potions. Some classes are not able to use the Mana Pots and having Herbal Juices is a must. I will also compare the ratio of weight to return.

Herbal Juices

Since mana potions only work for Witch, Wizards, Soceress, Ranger, Tamer, Herbal Juice is a must for other classes if you want to restore your MP/WP/SP. Below I compare the ratio of weight to restore, of the herbal juices and then the mana pots.

Ratio Comparison of Herbal Juices

Item

Wt

MP/WP/SP

Amount / Wt

Total MP/WP/SP Received

Herbal Juice

500 pots / 150 wt

Concentrated Herbal Juice

250 pots / 150 wt

Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice

150 pots / 150 wt

Refined Herbal Juice

85 pots / 148.75 wt

Ratio Comparison MP Potions

Item

Wt

MP

Amount / Wt

Total MP Received

MP Potion (Beginner)

600 pots / 150 wt

MP Potion (Small)

375 pots / 150 wt

MP Potion (Medium)

200 pots / 150 wt

MP Potion (Large)

120 pots / 150 wt

MP Potion (Extra Large)

60 pots / 150 wt

MP Potion (Jumbo)

37 pots / 148 wt

Comparing the above MP Potions to Herbal juices, you can see that the Herbal Juices are the most effective choice. Though many still use the MP Potion for the convenience of buying them from the vendors.

Recipes and Crafting: Herbal Juice

The base recipe calls for three Wild Herb items or 10 Weeds. Wild Herbs includes Sunrise Herbs, Dry Mane Grass, Silk Honey Grass, Fire Flake Flowers, and Silver Azaleas. These can be obtained from gathering, nodes or farming. The mineral water and salt are bought from vendors that sell cooking supplies.

After you have your mineral water and wild herb/weeds item hit “L” and select Simple Alchemy.

2016-05-25_145404804.PNG

Herbal Juice/Concentrated Herbal Juice

• Base Recipe: [Herb Item (3) or Weeds (10)] + Mineral Water (1) = Makes Herbal Juice or occasionally Concentrated Herbal Juice

• Convert:         Herbal Juice (3) = Concentrated Herbal Juice (1)

• Mass produce by:     Herbal Juice (30) + Salt (1) = Concentrated Herbal Juice (10)

Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice

• Convert:                Concentrated Herbal Juice (3) =  Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice (1)

• Mass produce by:     Concentrated Herbal Juice (30) + Salt (1) = Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice (10)

Refined Herbal Juice

• Convert:         Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice (3) =  Refined Herbal Juice (1)

• Mass produce by:     Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice (30) + Salt (1) = Refined Herbal Juice (10)

*** Mass production is more effective for time. Also higher quality ingredients give higher returns.

Grain Juices

Grain Juices are used to restore HP. They are similar to the herbal juices. They are more effective than the regular mana pots and health pots because they weigh less, thus you can carry more. They are made using Simple Cooking under the processing menu, accessed by pressing "L'. The grain juices have a 5 second cool down.

Recipes and Crafting: Grain Juice

The base recipe calls for three grain items. Grain items are: Corn, Wheat,  Barley, Potato, or Sweet Potato. These can be obtained from gathering, nodes or farming. The mineral water and sugar are bought from vendors that sell cooking supplies.

After you have your mineral water and grain item hit “L” and select simple cooking.

2016-05-24_105676403.PNG

Grain Juice/Concentrated Grain Juice

• Base Recipe: Grain Item (3) + Mineral Water (1) = Makes Grain Juice or occasionally Concentrated Grain Juice

• Convert:         Grain Juice (3) = Concentrated Grain Juice (1)

• Mass produce by:     Grain Juice (30) + Sugar (1) = Concentrated Grain Juice (10)

Highly Concentrated Grain Juice

• Convert:                Concentrated Grain Juice (3) =  Highly Concentrated Grain Juice (1)

• Mass produce by:     Concentrated Grain Juice (30) + Sugar (1) = Highly Concentrated Grain Juice (10)

Refined Grain Juice

• Convert:        Highly Concentrated Grain Juice (3) =  Refined Grain Juice (1)

• Mass produce by:     Highly Concentrated Grain Juice (30) + Sugar (1) = Refined Grain Juice (10)

*** Mass production is more effective for time. Also higher quality ingredients give higher returns.

Comparison

Ratio Comparison Grain Juices

Item

Wt

HP

Amount / Wt

Total HP Received

Grain

500 pots / 150 wt

Concentrated Grain

350 pots / 150 wt

Highly Concentrated Grain Juice

150 pots / 150 wt

Refined Grain Juice

85 pots / 148.75 wt

Ratio Comparison HP Potions

Item

Wt

HP

Amount / Wt

Total HP Received

HP Potion (Beginner)

600 pots / 150 wt

HP Potion (Small)

375 pots / 150 wt

HP Potion (Medium)

200 pots / 150 wt

HP Potion (Large)

120 pots / 150 wt

HP Potion (Extra Large)

60 pots / 150 wt

HP Potion (Jumbo)

37 pots / 148 wt

Comparing the juices to the potion, the best to get is of course is the juices. If you ever find yourself being out-potted in a pvp skirmish, maybe they are using something that will give them more return for the weight that one can carry.

I would recommend carrying, the lowest level you can for spamming while grinding, thus maximizing the return on HP. But if you are going to be PvPing and want the largest gain of health or mp/wp/sp use the larger potions. Another way to set things up, is to keep some of the larger ones on you but spam the small ones while grinding, that way you can still have that extra boost if you get into a pvp skirmish while grinding.

It is up to you to determine whether the time investment is worth the return.

Update - No more energy cost!

As of June 1st, 2016:

Simple Cooking and Simple Alchemy will no longer consume energy even if it is shown in the recipe.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/89579-patch-notes-june-1st/ 

This is great news. I would recommend taking some time each week and stockpile all the juices that you need. Since the energy cost has been removed this makes mass production so much easier. Also, I recommend always using the higher quality ingredients since they yield more each time.

Edited by Miekka
Update on June 1st, removed energy requirements
8 people like this

Posted

Amazing guide, thank you!

Posted

I wish your guide was awailable like two months ago, I didn't know about the mass production until I've looked at my processing window -.- RIP energy & time back then ^^
But yeah, very detailed - thanks for the effort posting it (:

Posted

I would also like to add, if energy efficiency is an issue, you can increase the amount of juice made by replacing the 3 regular herbs or grains by 1 special version. Instead of 3 sunrise herbs for example, use 1 special sunrise herb. The difference is quite noticeable, for me at least I am able to get 48 herbal juice per batch instead of 12-14, and this is on a low processing lvl alt. The refining process however, is fixed, to my knowledge.

Posted

this entire system needs to be revamped, increased the cooldown or something but making refined is a insane energy sink. I stick to concentrated merely because i dont want to spend 3 days to make 500 refined potions.

Posted (edited)

Grain juice doesn't give the +45% heal when CCed, so refined grain juice actually heals less than large HP pot when your CCed (275 v 290)... due to the energy cost to make them, they're generally not worth if you pot during the times your CCed. Still better for if you get chunked out of a fight and have to pot back up before going back in, but IMO not worth the inventory slot, time & energy for that. Unfortunately, there's no choice for herbal juice since Koreans hate melee, so if your a warrior or zerker, you're going to be spending a Lotta time mixing fire flake flowers & water qq

Edited by PyroAmos

Posted (edited)

Damn :( are there no Wild Herbs near Altinova :/?

Edited by Jw1487

Posted

I would also like to add, if energy efficiency is an issue, you can increase the amount of juice made by replacing the 3 regular herbs or grains by 1 special version. Instead of 3 sunrise herbs for example, use 1 special sunrise herb. The difference is quite noticeable, for me at least I am able to get 48 herbal juice per batch instead of 12-14, and this is on a low processing lvl alt. The refining process however, is fixed, to my knowledge.

I tried some regular wheat today since i've always seen them as a material substitution before but did lots of farming. Since I hadn't been growing special wheat recently, I was surprised how poor regular crops do here.

This doesn't seem to be the case for Processing (Flour Grinding), but I guess Simple Cooking/Alchemy has it's own hidden rules. Guess flour is the only benefit to using white grains.

Posted

while the pots themselves are good, it's a huge waste of energy producing the "refined" versions.
to get 100 refined pots, you'll need (didn't count in extra procs, because random):

300highly concentrated
which is 3k concentrated
which is 30k juice.
so you need 300k raw mats (herbs or grains)

considerering that you can mass produce, the last step costs 100 energy alone, step before 1000 energy and from this point I don't see why I should be calculating anymore.

it's just a huge waste of energy with all those steps, plus it'll take forever.

if you could produce the final product directly, it would be way better.

Posted

Thanks to the June 1st update, crafting the herbal and grain juices is so much more effective! Thanks Daum.

Posted

Added your guide/site to my links collection here on the forums: BDO Bookmarks and Resources.

Thanks for sharing the info!