• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Xp loss for pk

44 posts in this topic

Posted

at lv 55 and up the xp loss for being pk'ed is so  @&$;&$ up lost 6.8% trying to grind at pirates island. Enough to make me quit the game... The grind is so long and to lose that much xp to other players with better gear is B.S this game favors the most garded people in grinding spots and world bosses they get the W.B loot and the best grinding spots. They keep getting stronger and higher leveled. RIP

5 people like this

Posted

I find it good that you lose exp when being killed. I mean imagine you dont lose anything why would anybody attack you and lose Karma? Lets say I want to grind with my party and there is some guy who grinds at the spot. It wouldnt make sense killing him if he doesnt lose something.

Posted

Boo hoo?

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been going slow but I grind and grind until I get a lvl then quit grinding and do other things for awhile. I avoid as many thing as possible where I might die while I'm grinding. It sucks..... really sucks.... One way that works, at least so far, is I grind in areas slightly lower than my level so yes it takes more time but it seems to be quieter and more peaceful.

1 person likes this

Posted

at lv 55 and up the xp loss for being pk'ed is so  @&$;&$ up lost 6.8% trying to grind at pirates island. Enough to make me quit the game... The grind is so long and to lose that much xp to other players with better gear is B.S this game favors the most garded people in grinding spots and world bosses they get the W.B loot and the best grinding spots. They keep getting stronger and higher leveled. RIP

more elion tear = more money for daum.

Posted

If you keep dying there, go grind at an easier location. No sense in forcing yourself through a place you can't handle

Posted

I find it good that you lose exp when being killed. I mean imagine you dont lose anything why would anybody attack you and lose Karma? Lets say I want to grind with my party and there is some guy who grinds at the spot. It wouldnt make sense killing him if he doesnt lose something.

He loses time....

Right now... you kill someone they lose time and more time with the xp loss. 

Karma is just a indicator of if you an jerk or not... 

PK's need to die in a fire...

6 people like this

Posted

It is not a big deal. Had some idiot that wanted to show off how a 55 could beat my 51, and followed me, killing me 8 times. He got bored, moved on, 30 minutes later, back to where i was. Just ignore the idiots and do not let the little things get to you.

Posted

If you keep dying there, go grind at an easier location. No sense in forcing yourself through a place you can't handle

I know I get it but going to 55 to 56 losing any xp sucks bad. No big deal below 55 but think at lv58 if you lose just 1% you just lost like 1/2 your day of play

1 person likes this

Posted

I know it sucks to loose exp at 55 since 1% is almost like an hour.  however, either change channels, don't go to pirate island until you are ready to pk other players, or only go in 5 man groups for places like that.  you have to think about how effective it is to level at an area, and how you can reduce your risk of being pked before you go to a place.  

Posted

High value grind spots are usually PK hot-spots too.

Posted

Lost 20% from PK, field bosses in one day at level 55.
It's bitter but hell no I will quit for that..

Posted (edited)

They do lose a few things. They lose the spot they were farming, they loses time, they risk losing trade items they might have looted, they risk losing equipped crystal and right now also lose exp.

On the other hand you lose 60k karma which is a joke and get a farm spot and potentially some trade items for free.

Edited by Haishao

Posted

They does lose a few things. They lose the spot they were farming, they loses time, they risk losing trade items they might have looted, they risk losing equipped crystal and right now also lose exp.

On the other hand you lose 60k karma which is a joke and get a farm spot and potentially some trade items for free.

i agree, 60k karma is a joke. It would not deter anyone that has that mindset to harass or grieve another player. I read that it was 100k, but somehow missed that they changed that.

Posted

how did you lose the 0.8% from getting pked

Posted

Laughing Coffin controls pirate island. Dont come here if you dont want to lose exp.

Posted

Laughing Coffin controls pirate island. Dont come here if you dont want to lose exp.

On which channel? Let the hunt begin.

They lose the spot they were farming

Thats the point of PK.

Posted

On which channel? Let the hunt begin.

All channels. Wtf kinda question is that

Posted

stop karma loss for PK.... 

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

All channels. Wtf kinda question is that

Now we only need your ingame name

Posted

Now we only need your ingame name

im not a -----. Laughing Coffin dont hide their names. In game name knxwledge. Ask about me. 

Posted

Getting pk'd and losing xp also encourages hackers to kill you with no cd hack

Posted

Pirate island is massive, you were up there continually trying to pull packs from the rotation our guild was running, so they killed you over and over. If you want to farm there, go to another part of the massive island or change channels. You were stubborn and stayed there, so you lost xp.

3 people like this

Posted

Go to a different part of the island?  They can't spawn camp you because you can choose to rez at town.  

Generally the people that post things like this are the guys running up to other players (and groups of players) and trying to kill steal.

Quit raging and play smart.  There are places you don't go solo without scoping the area out first, and guess what?  If someone wants your spot, you either fight for it or give it up.  If you aren't winning, don't fight. You can avoid being PKed by playing smart.  I spend most of my grind time solo, and generally only groups can push me out....but it is very rare for one of them to get a kill on me - I just leave, then find a different spot.  If they killed you, there is a good chance you were taking mobs from their rotation.  Going back means they are going to come after you again, and this time they will be more persistent

Posted

It helps when you don't come in and flag on a group then cry abut xp loss. You killed our mobs and we responded. You could have gone somewhere else but kept coming back

1 person likes this