• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch - Grunil VS Taritas

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a fresh 50 and have started looking to invest black stones heavily into my armor. I have a +15 yuria and +15 steel dagger already for my toon. I have read both ( http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/10/21/wizard-class-guide/  and http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/56446-wizard-gear-pve-pvp-optimisation-guide/ ) guides. Could someone give me a bit more information on which one will be better in the long run and what are the advantages of using one versus the other. I currently have both sets in my storage from world drops so getting the pieces are not a problem.

Thanks.

Posted

Grunil. Crystals are amazing, and having more slots for them is extremely powerful. Add on the fact that Grunil has good set bonuses it's win-win.

Helm: +4 Cast Speed.
Gloves: +4 Crit
Chest: +200 HP & +40 Weight (Cheap Option: Whatever, +4 damage reduction for snipers?)
Shoes: +50% knockdown & Bound Resist (Cheap Option: +4 Movement)
Set Bonus: +150 HP and +7 AP.

However, in the extremely long run, boss armor, Heve is technically better since it's set bonus is easier to maintain.

Posted (edited)

I have 2 pieces of grunil (shoes/armor) and 2 pieces of heve. Do you think i should switch to 4 pieces of grunil? Is that 7AP worth losing 250HP?

Edited by Fairykala

Posted

I have 2 pieces of grunil (shoes/armor) and 2 pieces of heve. Do you think i should switch to 4 pieces of grunil? Is that 7AP worth losing 250HP?

That is completly up to you, is more fo a personal taste. I was using 2x grunil + 2 heve then went to 4x grunil then back to 2x grunil + 2x heve. In my case i found the 250 hp better. That is the difference from die in 1 combo for a sorc or live to fight.

Posted

Thanks a lot, that's the answer i was waiting for.. I would rather have more HP and have a chance to fight instead of that 7 extra AP :) good to know someone tested it ! 

Posted (edited)

I did a little comparison to help me decide if I was going to switch to grunil..

Grunil would give me +7AP and 7 more DP than my actual set, but even with the gems (which I wasnt able to buy yet), it only gives me 350HP bonus when heve gives me 550.
For the difference stats/$$$, I think I should stay with my actual set.

I'm still wondering if I am doing right :P So all comments are welcome!

(ATM I have a +15 liverto, 1 pri witch earring, 1 witch earring, 2 mark of shadow, a shitty necklace and the gladiator belt, for a total of 132 AP and 164 DP (because my agerian is not ultimate yet))

2agerian2hevevsgrunil.JPG

Edited by Izara
3 people like this

Posted

If you want as much damage as possible then you've no choice, just don't expect to live long.

Posted

You should skip taritas and go straight for +15 grunil. At launch every wiz/witch went +13ish taritas then sold that and made +15 grunil, now they are trying for boss gear to replace the grunil.  Those who already have +15 taritas from early game might argue against it but, ignoring how big the extra gem slots are, you should do grunil because of it's resale value when you later upgrade to boss gear. The game has simply progressed past taritas.

Best of luck enchanting, be sure to look up some info on how to enchant properly or you will waste silver and valuable failstacks.

Posted

taritas is nice 120 wep is really good extra burst more scale with  small heal mp recover and bt of damaga  also 6 more dp  helmet rocaba or grunil

7 accu is really nice if you  dont have boss gloves together with liverto really nice vs blocks and evasion of sorcs and other classes like tanks musa maewa warr berse valk since they use evansion off hand   that also means you are ok to    use x2 blue molar earring while being ok with accuracny part withough accurancy offhand with either steel or parry dagger offhand  thats 200hp if parry dagger golden 100 more hp  and the evasion boots of taritas or steel taritas its prety good espcialy if you stack some d pand evasion

and that mewans while more tanky you gonna be able to surive more and your heals will be muich stronger other wise even with  extra hp you will get   one shotgun from a geared ranger with blue molar and good gear and die

also if you get a boss gear piece this option is much more flexible or the angerian set +taritas boots    in case you get a boss gear piece like boss gloves muskan boots etc

coz if yo uhad grunil and you remove gloves lets say you lose 7 ap  5 from help gloves and 2 coz you dont got 4/4 grunil set.. oops and boos gear is op especialy gloves and boots... 

Posted (edited)

I did a little comparison to help me decide if I was going to switch to grunil..

Grunil would give me +7AP and 7 more DP than my actual set, but even with the gems (which I wasnt able to buy yet), it only gives me 350HP bonus when heve gives me 550.
For the difference stats/$$$, I think I should stay with my actual set.

I'm still wondering if I am doing right :P So all comments are welcome!

(ATM I have a +15 liverto, 1 pri witch earring, 1 witch earring, 2 mark of shadow, a shitty necklace and the gladiator belt, for a total of 132 AP and 164 DP (because my agerian is not ultimate yet))

2agerian2hevevsgrunil.JPG

You are comparing ultimate vs green. I don't get it.

For my part im running Grunil Helmet/Gloves Taritas Shoes/Chest. I can easily get 5 Crit / 5 Cast speed and i get extra DP from the taritas. The evasion  on the taritas boots are really good too.

Edited by Rebornz

Posted

not sure what DP you guys have but i use Ultimate Grunil + Scarla neck and i survive Sorc that have the same gear as me or better and i got 2208 HP at max.

sure solo i migh have problem killing that sorc but in a team i have a bigger chance to survive and help killing them.

also on another note. why is everyone here obsessed with Movespeed?

i were PvPing 3 vs 5

we were: Witch, Sorc and warrior lvl57/57/56

they were: Ranger, Warrior, Zerker, maybe valk and/or blader, idk what they had dupe of lvl 56's

i were poking them and moving around and only our warrior died 1-2 times during that time and they died atlest 15 times(they keept comming back). 

the point is. we are mobile so why the move speed? to run from A to B or run after someone?

i can understand 200HP over the AP, but not knowdown or +Freeze over 4 movepseed.

Posted

not sure what DP you guys have but i use Ultimate Grunil + Scarla neck and i survive Sorc that have the same gear as me or better and i got 2208 HP at max.

sure solo i migh have problem killing that sorc but in a team i have a bigger chance to survive and help killing them.

also on another note. why is everyone here obsessed with Movespeed?

i were PvPing 3 vs 5

we were: Witch, Sorc and warrior lvl57/57/56

they were: Ranger, Warrior, Zerker, maybe valk and/or blader, idk what they had dupe of lvl 56's

i were poking them and moving around and only our warrior died 1-2 times during that time and they died atlest 15 times(they keept comming back). 

the point is. we are mobile so why the move speed? to run from A to B or run after someone?

i can understand 200HP over the AP, but not knowdown or +Freeze over 4 movepseed.

knockdown and bound resist on boots is much more important than  movement speed   if you test 4 movement speed and cast speed for max speed to get away for wizards 4 movemen does nothing other than faster running but the point is that if you need to  get away yo udont run as a wizard  and  and haveing 10%  castign speed when yo udoing that is too important coz earth respocne is a spell dont cost stamina and scales with  with casting speed not   movement.....

if done correctly  you will be much faster than running

1 person likes this

Posted

knockdown and bound resist on boots is much more important than  movement speed   if you test 4 movement speed and cast speed for max speed to get away for wizards 4 movemen does nothing other than faster running but the point is that if you need to  get away you dont run as a wizard  and  and having 10%  castign speed when you doing that is too important coz earth respocne is a spell dont cost stamina and scales with  with casting speed not   movement.....

never gone for move speed so this clarifies it thx.

yeah Evesive + Earth Response + Evesive is fast and you get far away fast. amost like teleport but not in Iframe + you might get a Floate+Knockdown on it if you try to target someone with Earth Response witch you can target with camera if your fast.

also another tip if your running away. had a zerker that ruined my armor when i was fighting him witch easy can catch up to me.

- teleport sideways(move camera in the teleport cast not before) that way they cant just see were you teleport but have to look for you.

- when you run. hide your weapon you run a bit faster.

- if you know when stun/knowdown spells comes use teleport so they miss and have to wait for CD.

Posted

You are comparing ultimate vs green. I don't get it.

It's yellow stats exept for heve that can't be upgraded to yellow.

Posted

knockdown and bound resist on boots is much more important than  movement speed   if you test 4 movement speed and cast speed for max speed to get away for wizards 4 movemen does nothing other than faster running but the point is that if you need to  get away yo udont run as a wizard  and  and haveing 10%  castign speed when yo udoing that is too important coz earth respocne is a spell dont cost stamina and scales with  with casting speed not   movement.....

if done correctly  you will be much faster than running

so if i read right u want castspeed on earths responce or??

and the guy obove how u got 22xx hp full grunils set

Posted

so if i read right u want castspeed on earths responce or??

and the guy obove how u got 22xx hp full grunils set

Health Training, Infinite Mastery (level 2 or higher maybe), dual cobelinus and perhaps guild bonus.

If you ask me I see know reason not to use Taritas since both are actually pretty costly. Given the choice I think it's better to stripe it, Taritas/Grunil, but coming from someone who used neither it doesn't mean much. Personally I just felt grunil is a bit over-rated, for purposes of a "Support Wizard" anyway Agerian/Heves more than got the job done, definitely a lot cheaper.

Posted

What is the second best set / combo behind Grunil for the average casual player?

Posted

Health Training, Infinite Mastery (level 2 or higher maybe), dual cobelinus and perhaps guild bonus.

If you ask me I see know reason not to use Taritas since both are actually pretty costly. Given the choice I think it's better to stripe it, Taritas/Grunil, but coming from someone who used neither it doesn't mean much. Personally I just felt grunil is a bit over-rated, for purposes of a "Support Wizard" anyway Agerian/Heves more than got the job done, definitely a lot cheaper.

The only point of wearing Taritas is the 3 piece bonus. Evasion is the most OP stat in the game. In order to beat someone you need higher accuracy than their evasion. So Taritas, because of its 7 accuracy, becomes the most powerful set in the game. 

Posted

The only point of wearing Taritas is the 3 piece bonus. Evasion is the most OP stat in the game. In order to beat someone you need higher accuracy than their evasion. So Taritas, because of its 7 accuracy, becomes the most powerful set in the game. 

I wouldn't go that far :P
As long as the majority continue to stack AP (let's keep it that way) and bheg gloves continue being rare then yes it's pretty powerful like that. Though EVA doesn't help you much against other wizards since they often sport higher accuracy.

Posted

I'd suggest 2 heve and 2 grunil personally. This way, you the 5 AP bonus and the HP bonus from heve. All your armor pieces have 2 gem slots each.

Posted

I'd suggest 2 heve and 2 grunil personally. This way, you the 5 AP bonus and the HP bonus from heve. All your armor pieces have 2 gem slots each.

You cant upgrade to Ultimate Heve though, for some stupid reason there's no forge for it. So you also loose 4% dmg reduction, 10 DP and 2 AP if you use 2 Heve instead of full yellow Grunil. You only gain 100 more hp. I dont think it's worth it personally.

Posted

You cant upgrade to Ultimate Heve though, for some stupid reason there's no forge for it. So you also loose 4% dmg reduction, 10 DP and 2 AP if you use 2 Heve instead of full yellow Grunil. You only gain 100 more hp. I dont think it's worth it personally.

We will see ultimate heve in future patch. It's already in KR server :P

Posted

It's not, not currently.

Also keep in mind the changes we are getting, reaching 3k health wont be that big of an issue anymore, combined with a LOT of defenses should allow us to get the full grunil without to much of a worry in general, that is at least what I'm planning ahead for, getting 800 health tomorrow will help a lot.

Posted

It's not, not currently.

Also keep in mind the changes we are getting, reaching 3k health wont be that big of an issue anymore, combined with a LOT of defenses should allow us to get the full grunil without to much of a worry in general, that is at least what I'm planning ahead for, getting 800 health tomorrow will help a lot.

With all those changes is grunil/taritas combination a good option too? Because I already have a taritas armor/boots +15 :P

Posted

Talis shoes + agerian.