• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger arrows starting point behind the character - Walls eating skills

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 months after the release, the Ranger class still has the starting point of the skills behind the character.

I don't know the reason of this decision during the development, it might be to avoid shooting through walls idk, having the starting point in the middle of the body would still fix that.

If a ranger has his back close to a wall, the wall will eat the skill, i lost count of the number of times i died because of this. Even if you are not close to the wall, the recoil of our skills will push us back to a wall if we are in cqb, just in case we were not enough useless in cqb in close enviroments.

Please fix this already, don't know the reason why this is like it is atm, but there's for sure an easy fix.

Edited by FONS
visual
13 people like this

Posted

This definitely happens, it's been like this for years. Shotgun will get eaten in it's entirety by a rock/wall behind you if you are too close.

+1, no idea why this would be intended.

Posted (edited)

No matter the reason this is like it is, there's for sure an easy fix.

If we weren't enough useless i closed enviroments, the objects behind us eat our skills, and when this happens our fps go down to like 5 fps during 3 seconds.

So i think this should be a priority to fix, don't know how this could be like this for years smh, hope this post get a bit more attention because if we dn't press them to fix it doesn't look like they have much intention to do it...

Edited by FONS

Posted (edited)

rangers suck in close quarters... news at 11.

The easiest fix is dont back yourself into a corner.. but what the ----- do i know. Gotta make that faceroll ranger even more faceroll.

id feel sorry for you, but i did watch 3 ranger earn 200 points in red battlefield by spamming their aoe over a wall into the group from complete safety so... theres always that shit to fall back on.

Edited by SakariFoxx
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

rangers suck in close quarters... news at 11.

The easiest fix is dont back yourself into a corner.. but what the ----- do i know. Gotta make that faceroll ranger even more faceroll.

id feel sorry for you, but i did watch 3 ranger earn 200 points in red battlefield by spamming their aoe over a wall into the group from complete safety so... theres always that shit to fall back on.

Same i said on reddit, this is a bug fix suggestion, not a buff suggestion.

I think the fact that we have Descending Current, a good GvG AoE, doesn't mean we deserve this bug for closed enviroments, or even places with rocks or objects around, if that's wat you mean. We are enough useless against a lot of classes in a 1v1 to deserve a bug like this one.

Thanks for your contribution.

Edited by FONS

Posted

same problem ! : /

Posted

Cry moar

Posted

Same problem, please fix. Thanks.

Posted

Same problem. Please fix, I don't want to kill innocent walls. 

Posted

Considering how difficult it is to pull if your back is against a wall I don't have an issue with this.

1 person likes this

Posted

agreed

Posted (edited)

Yes please. I've died too because of this, and of course I try to avoid walls -or every other obstacle for that matter- but that does not solve the bug. Sure rangers can be a pain (not mine though, I suck at PVP) but no class deserves to be bugged. 

Edited by Suki Bells
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

Happens all the time to me, especially in narrow areas.

Daum please fix.

Posted

This sounds like a straight up learn to play issue.

Posted

Stop corner camping.

Posted

Please fix. I notice this all the time when I have to kill Elrics near the shrine. Get pushed against a wall causing my camera to zoom the hell in and my attacks to do no damage.

Posted (edited)

This sounds like a straight up learn to play issue.

Really? So if i am in a gvg in the middle of a Mediah plain, Rangers move a lot and there's a lot of rocks and random objects in Mediah. A random rock absorbs my attack and you call this"we need to learn to play"? lol.

A guy on redit said PA said in Korea that they did this because rangers shouldn't be able to knock arrows with the back close to a wall, which i agree and i don't mind. But small rocks and other small objects too? And wouldn't be better to not let us do the skill instead of doing it without damage and our fps down to 5 during 3 seconds? Because it's mainly the fps drop what puts me in danger when this happens.

The idea is good, but this is a pretty shoddy way of limiting where should and shouldn't rangers be able to shoot.

Edited by FONS

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0