• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

quicktips @ All QQers

65 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Nah didn't take screenshots, but I always attempted with a +16 fail stack. Really can't provide any proof other than my bleading heart :)

2. Regarding silver; It doesn't mean anything if you can't pass another RNG check and win the bid with very sought after items (e.g. Ancient weapons core + Ancient guardians seal combo).

3. Was actually running around with "10" luck, haha. I know it stacks only to 5 but still; had 3 from titles, 1 from underwear and 6 from crystals of perfection; slotted in each item. Node levels vary from 5 at Hexe Sanctuary to 9 at Treant forrest.

4. Its true that the ogre ring example was 1 in 500.000, it was an anomaly. Still makes me envious!

1. Your own fault.

2. Those items are bad. You can buy a Tri Mark though. Those never get bought. You can buy +16 shards like crazy right now as well, or are those not available either?

3. Your own fault again.

4. So that means the RNG is broken. Gotcha.

Posted

Dear OP, DAUM doesn't care about the people who play more. They care about the people who pay more and the people who pay normally have a job and can't play that much. The rest are jobless on social aid or kids who need to ask their parents for a costume and cry p2w.

I'm playing the game right now even if I'm 20 km away from home at work. Yes my PC is located at home.

Posted

1. No its not. You can buy a Tri if you save up for it they are always there. 

2. They do have it, just not everything. You uninstall why are you here? Don't get it.

3. No one calls it a PvP game except people who don't know wtf it is. 

1. Yes it is, if you want the big income you need good RNG. No they arent on the market always. It is still RNG because they dont drop as pri, duo, tri, tet or pen. Someone needs to succeed the RNG aspect no matter what.

2. They do have what? Not sure what that answer was directed at. If it was regarding the upgrading and RNG then no, they dont have it. I know plenty of people that have spent millions of silver and multiple worker hours to get 1 piece of gear to ult and failed 60+ times. In a game with good design, everyone would succeed at x tries i.e the same time/cash spent. And I'm arguing on the forums and hoping this game becomes something better for the future.

3. Except Daum/PA calls it a Sanbox-PvP game. So I guess that explains the piss poor design since they dont know wtf it is.

Again this game does not reward time.

Posted

1. Yes it is, if you want the big income you need good RNG. No they arent on the market always. It is still RNG because they dont drop as pri, duo, tri, tet or pen. Someone needs to succeed the RNG aspect no matter what.

2. They do have what? Not sure what that answer was directed at. If it was regarding the upgrading and RNG then no, they dont have it. I know plenty of people that have spent millions of silver and multiple worker hours to get 1 piece of gear to ult and failed 60+ times. In a game with good design, everyone would succeed at x tries i.e the same time/cash spent. And I'm arguing on the forums and hoping this game becomes something better for the future.

3. Except Daum/PA calls it a Sanbox-PvP game. So I guess that explains the piss poor design since they dont know wtf it is.

Again this game does not reward time.

1. No you don't. Yes so you let someone do your dirty work for you, then buy if you hate RNG so much. Simple.

2. Yeah because ult gear def makes you win. Sure. If they were smart they would have bought it Ultimate already.

3. Show me proof of them calling it that pls.

Yes it does. Thats why the people who play the most have the most $ gear and damage. 

Posted

OP is right. Realized this after a month and uninstalled.

Still love to read these forums because the QQ in here is real and people get so easily butthurt

Posted

Realized this after a month and uninstalled.

Wish there were more like you.

Posted (edited)

1. No you don't. Yes so you let someone do your dirty work for you, then buy if you hate RNG so much. Simple.

2. Yeah because ult gear def makes you win. Sure. If they were smart they would have bought it Ultimate already.

3. Show me proof of them calling it that pls.

Yes it does. Thats why the people who play the most have the most $ gear and damage. 

1. Yes you do, better drops = more silver, so RNG has a high part in silver generation. RNG is still involved, even if it's by a third party.

2. Still RNG is involved in the process.

3. Cant show proof of adds that were taken down prior to launch. They've even called it a next-gen PvP game.

It just rewards RNG. It's a reason why 2 people with 500 hours spent will never have the same outcome.

edit: If you do a quick google search you'll get a litte add from BDO that says "Get ready for the best MMO PvP of 2016", from their official page. Then a few searches down you have some other adds that bring up the sandbox part.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Posted

1. Yes you do, better drops = more silver, so RNG has a high part in silver generation. RNG is still involved, even if it's by a third party.

2. Still RNG is involved in the process.

3. Cant show proof of adds that were taken down prior to launch. They've even called it a next-gen PvP game.

It just rewards RNG. It's a reason why 2 people with 500 hours spent will never have the same outcome.

1. No. If you farm guaranteed loot you will make more money. Thats like saying if you play the lotto, you can make more money than working a day job. If you don't like RNG don't mess around with RNG.

2. So..?

3. No they weren't. The game was never advertised as such, and it still advertised to this day. 

4. Yeah but they both will be stronger than someone who spent 100 hours unless they are retarded. lol.

Posted

I feel this is a bait but i like baits so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FEEELL MY QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ YESSS FEEEEL IT!!!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Posted

But making lower case posts will? Ok.

No, that would have been completely useless as well.

On the bright side though, people of your age and maturity level will likely enjoy and be impressed by your actions.  No doubt that's all you were looking for to begin with.

Even brighter side, many people of your age are far more mature and capable than you are, and a pleasure to talk to.  Spend a little more time learning from them, it'll do you a lot of good!

Posted

No, that would have been completely useless as well.

On the bright side though, people of your age and maturity level will likely enjoy and be impressed by your actions.  No doubt that's all you were looking for to begin with.

Even brighter side, many people of your age are far more mature and capable than you are, and a pleasure to talk to.  Spend a little more time learning from them, it'll do you a lot of good!

You admit that your typing this is completely useless, yet you continue.

Intriguing

Posted

1. No. If you farm guaranteed loot you will make more money. Thats like saying if you play the lotto, you can make more money than working a day job. If you don't like RNG don't mess around with RNG.

2. So..?

3. No they weren't. The game was never advertised as such, and it still advertised to this day. 

4. Yeah but they both will be stronger than someone who spent 100 hours unless they are retarded. lol.

Did this search "black desert onilne next generation pvp" and first hit from their own page saying "Get ready for the best MMO PvP of 2016", then a few hits further down comes the next-gen thing along with the sandbox. Thats 3 strikes out of 3 where the game/developers implies that it is something thats not. Calling this next gen is a shame to real next-gen games. Just the piss poor optimization and other things make it look like something a decade old.

And again time does not reward you, RNG has the final say in pretty much everything. And of course you pick extremes to try and prove your points. Someone with 400h vs a player with 500h can still be on equal footing if RNG has gone his way. Thats still a huge amount of extra time invested for the 500h guy with nothing to show for it. How is that rewarding time?.

Posted

You admit that your typing this is completely useless, yet you continue.

Intriguing

xD You're cute.

Posted

Did this search "black desert onilne next generation pvp" and first hit from their own page saying "Get ready for the best MMO PvP of 2016", then a few hits further down comes the next-gen thing along with the sandbox. Thats 3 strikes out of 3 where the game/developers implies that it is something thats not. Calling this next gen is a shame to real next-gen games. Just the piss poor optimization and other things make it look like something a decade old.

And again time does not reward you, RNG has the final say in pretty much everything. And of course you pick extremes to try and prove your points. Someone with 400h vs a player with 500h can still be on equal footing if RNG has gone his way. Thats still a huge amount of extra time invested for the 500h guy with nothing to show for it. How is that rewarding time?.

Yeah. PvP in the game = PvPgame. There's PvE in the game too. So I guess its a PvE game?

Time does reward you, if you use it wisely, RNG has nothing to do with it, if you choose. 

If I grind Sousan for 1000 hours (which I have already) I would make close to 1bil.

With that 1bil I can buy Tri Accessories and then proceed to grind even harder and make more money. The supply is not currently there to fit the demand for BiS gear, but it will be someday, as it is in KR.

You kids know nothing of the game, you don't think long term or do research. Just qq.

xD You're cute.

thx

Have fun playing with 100 no lifers on empty servers. :)

Soon TM

idc lol. I'd rather the entire game shut down than have you idiots turn it into something its not.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah. PvP in the game = PvPgame. There's PvE in the game too. So I guess its a PvE game?

Time does reward you, if you use it wisely, RNG has nothing to do with it, if you choose. 

If I grind Sousan for 1000 hours (which I have already) I would make close to 1bil.

With that 1bil I can buy Tri Accessories and then proceed to grind even harder and make more money. The supply is not currently there to fit the demand for BiS gear, but it will be someday, as it is in KR.

You kids know nothing of the game, you don't think long term or do research. Just qq.

thx

idc lol. I'd rather the entire game shut down than have you idiots turn it into something its not.

cuz ur a stubborn ignorant fuk

1 person likes this

Posted

cuz ur a stubborn ignorant fuk

fair enough

Posted

Hopefully I can add some much needed perspective to this conversation, because frankly almost everything in here so far is either wrong or at the very least just short sighted.

I should preface I both, play this game a lot and, have 2 Kzarka's and Bheg gloves, and at the least 2 full sets of PRI accessories. By my count I have made approximately 50 attempts at PRI's of all types.  At present as the game demands, as a forward looking player, I use all of my 202 energy per 10 characters to gather in hopes of gaining as many Sharp/ Hard black spirit shards as possible for +18 gear on the 1st.  I presently avg approximately 1 shard per 100 energy and am aware of players that average slightly better odds than me and much worse than I get. Ranging anywhere from 1/80 to 1/400.

First, the game is heavily RNG based, that is a fact, you can't ignore it.  The equations that the games systems are based upon are proof of it.  But you can prevent the RNG nature of the game from slowing you down too severely.  

The OP has a valid point, though it is expressed in a manner that will never achieve it's intended goal, and isn't what comes across as the main point of the thread.

The game in the current state favors the player that puts in far more time over the player that plays much much less.  This is a basic rule of the game and there are rare exceptions as there is with any rule.  

Gear can most certainly be purchased, though not reliably do to exploiting and hackers playing, which is an issue for the managers of the game not a flaw in the game itself. However, not every server has the same gear available on the markets nor are they all available for the same amounts of time.  And I know what you are thinking, "...but Grumps, that Kzarka you got and sold gave you a monetary edge too." Not really, honestly, if I had the chance I'd have given it to a guild mate as opposed to selling it.  Taxes int his game are extremely high and as such even if you a Kzarka at the highest price (which I did) you still only net about 60 million, which is about a day and a half of hard grinding and smart node management.

As I said I have full PRI accessories, in the case of every single one of them outside of my PRI Schultz belt I would have simply spent less time acquiring them and significantly less silver had I just purchased them.  I could have purchased a TRI Mark of shadows by the time I was done putting in fail stacks and other Marks of shadows to make my first PRI.  I ran me more than 400 million silver do to a bad rash of failing to produce decent stacks, lack of understanding, at the time, about methods used to created stacks more efficiently and my increasing belief that I would have better odds with much much higher stacks.  Knowing what I know now thanks to research and largely do to guild mates sharing valuable information, I could easily cut that cost in half and most likely produce a DUO mark.  Doing so would still be a gamble though.

Perspective is key in evaluating this game too.  If you are trying to be on the cutting edge of an MMO then 2-3 hours per day has never cut it and likely never will in a game that is truly immersive.  It is a whole other world to exist in and as such the more you put into it the more you are likely to get out of it.  If you are playing with the attitude that the game isn't about pvp then gear probably really shouldn't matter anyways, only levels.  Nothing you are facing in this game requires or even rewards you for having full boss gear or Highest tiers of accessories. So don't stress about those things.  If you are of the persuasion that PVP is the main reason to play the game then you know that playing well and having solid gear sets with proper gems and enhanced understanding of the classes you are facing matters more than most gear.  All the gear is giving you is the opportunity to make mistakes. With that being said, it does help.  

There are certainly areas that can be regularly farmed by groups of people utilizing the group looting options correctly to produce 4-5 million silver an hour in Mediah with out a single luck drop even being available.  Those spots are heavily contested though and as someone that regularly farms them I can tell you that if you aren't playing at off times, or in a capable group of players (2-5 depending on gear/lvl/classes) you will not last there long or get much out of the time there.  A couple places are Sausan Garrison, Pirate Island (which has luck drops but you don't need them to clear 4 mil an hour in a good group), and depending on your class possibly even Elric Shrine if your node is tiered up, though it will likely only result in about 2-3 mil per hour.

Node management is a key as well, and having a goal in mind to create money from the crafting systems if that is your goal.  Or you can use your nodes to create things to augment your play style.  Like setting out crafting nodes to gather things you need to craft armor so you can build fail stacks. So you can make more attempts at getting higher levels of accessories or even higher tiers of armor and weapon soon.  I could delve into particular nodes and things to learn about them, but the information already exists in numerous forum posts, "Youtube" videos, twitch videos, Reddit forum topics.  If you were ever going to read it or learn it you probably have and this post is going to be long enough as is.  If you are new and need the information, go to one of those forums mentioned and research to your hearts content.  Needless to say, just as in real life, (make a plan, research your plan, figure out how to implement your plan, implement and observe your plan, then adjust as needed) or (Flounder around aimlessly) it's your choice.

These are just a couple of things that could help a person negate the degree of RNG they are facing in BDO, but soon we will have node and siege wars.  Node and siege wars are primarily where people get the idea of this being a PVP game by the way.  They are integral to the game, and they change the rate at which a player can make attempts towards higher tiers of gear.  If you are worried about your gear, and you are worried about progression of the game you will have found yourself in a guild that intends to take nodes and/or a castle.  They are very profitable to members of any guild that holds them and even more so to guild that keep them for longer stretches of time. 

Play this game the way it fits into your life, and enjoy what it has to offer.  No matter what your amount of play time or perceived level of luck, there is always something you could be doing to increase your odds, and a chance to fail regardless of what those odds are.

Thanks for your time,

Grumps

Posted

MrGrumpleton wins :D No idea what he wrote but I think OP should shut up now unless he is able to write an equally long reply :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you talk about this game being all RNG, people complain that this game is no-life to win so they can't catch up. If you say the game is supposed to be no-life to win, people say it's all RNG.

This forum is the dumbest I've visited in a long time :<

1 person likes this

Posted

I had the same opinion before I had it.

That is the deepest comment I have seen on this forum. Ponder the metaphysical ramifications of it. Is that a lost verse from Jeremiah 1:5? :D

Posted

As I said I have full PRI accessories, in the case of every single one of them outside of my PRI Schultz belt I would have simply spent less time acquiring them and significantly less silver had I just purchased them.  I could have purchased a TRI Mark of shadows by the time I was done putting in fail stacks and other Marks of shadows to make my first PRI.

SHHHH, don't share the secret.

Posted (edited)

atleast 80% of power is the gear

Ehhh... sorry for being on off topic but......

Dude, your avatar... you know... research purposes... name, pretty please?

Edited by Nemiroth

Posted

Wait.. so now all those people making posts on the forums since the game was released saying only kids, without jobs and tons of TIME on their hands are being rewarded with good gear are now saying time doesn't reward you in this game?

Haha...

Posted

Ehhh... sorry for being on topic but......

Dude, your avatar... you know... research purposes... name, pretty please?

*Sigh*

Her name is Sana

Posted

You forgot about this thing called RNG in this game. And a horrible kind at that.

RNG

RNG

RNG

RNG

RNG

RNG