• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A word of caution regarding DAUM. (Updated/Resolved)

271 posts in this topic

Posted

the function of the GM in this scenario is literally to server the exact same function as an automated machine. yes, they are clearly following a well defined policy. no, they are not free to hand out exchanges/refunds at their own discretion. if you have any evidence to contradict this, go ahead, but "I have worked in customer service so I know better than you, trust me" is not a valid argument. You are not the first person I have talked to who has held a position in customer service.

normally, I would agree with the sentiment being expressed in this topic, it is always best to be polite and respectful when dealing with other human beings. That being said, I am 100% positive that nothing the OP could have said would have changed the outcome of this particular ticket.

I would tend to agree with this, and is why I'm not really upset by Daums original response. Ultimately, the guys handling tickets aren't in a position to dictate, change, or circumvent Daums policies. For this alone, I respect and appreciate the job that they do. I would again say though, unless I have completely missed something...that I don't particularly see anything rude about the OPs dealing with customer service. 

Are we, as society, so overly sensitive, that making a statement of "I will quit" or "I'm not spending any more" ....so on, is considered rude? It is to the point and a statement of fact or intended action, but by no means is simply saying the above rude in and of itself. I am not really seeing something that the OP should have "checked at the door" before responding or communicating. ...again, unless I've missed something.

That said, the posts and replies implying or stating that there is some motive behind Daums stance is just plain silly, a waste of brain power, and space. It is simply a case that the front line are given a black/white policy, and carried out said policy. They need to re-visit it in this case, of course...as I've indicated elsewhere in this thread, and while I'm a bit disappointed that action has not been quicker, I'm still confident they are going to re-address this in the near future. ...especially keeping in mind that they are in the role of publisher, and more than likely having to follow set parameters or wait for response from PA. ...latter part is my assumption of course, but I've yet to see a case where that isn't necessary.

Posted

@Jenos Idallian

I would keep opening tickets / pestering them tbh.

Maybe try escalating the issue and ask to talk to supervisors or something.

I find it similarly distasteful that there has been no feedback from Daum staff on the matter other than to assert that it was a fix not a "change".

Posted

@Jenos Idallian

I would keep opening tickets / pestering them tbh.

Maybe try escalating the issue and ask to talk to supervisors or something.

I find it similarly distasteful that there has been no feedback from Daum staff on the matter other than to assert that it was a fix not a "change".

I would guess that is because that is the only information they have right now. Again, communicating with those that don't make, just implement the policy. Still would agree that a public update on the forums would be best at this point to clarify whether they are seeking to re-visit or upholding as is. Even if the answer is negative at this point (to re-visiting)...not communicating that is going to do more damage long term than short term reaction.

I would agree, it is probably best to keep an open ticket. You may also want to click on @CM_Jouska's profile, and email him directly the ticket number and situation to deal directly with him for resolution. I still think they are probably going to address and create a separate policy for this going forward....I just don't see how they couldn't, but in attempts to get your personal situation addressed, may be best route to go at this point.

Posted

You may also want to click on @CM_Jouska's profile, and email him directly the ticket number and situation to deal directly with him for resolution. 

Last I checked Jouska's mailbox is either full or not accepting messages FYI.

Posted

Last I checked Jouska's mailbox is either full or not accepting messages FYI.

His profile has a separate email listed, instead of the in-game PM system now. ...but if he is out of space on a separate email server, then dear god, I never want his job.

Posted

His profile has a separate email listed, instead of the in-game PM system now. ...but if he is out of space on a separate email server, then dear god, I never want his job.

I never want his job either lol.

He likely gets 20+ silly e-mails to every 1 legitimate one. And yes, I am being diplomatic and calling them "silly" instead of the actual word I would use for them ;).

Posted

I have three different CM/Gm answer my inquiry about this outfit

Stated each time I really dont want the pearls back just want to exchange the outfit, since they changed it, to something I would like my character to wear.

Each time I've gotten the same response as the OP. Husband and I had spent over 700 dollars up to the time of the change we will not purchase anything else until this is fixed to my satisfaction. Hell even Wal-Mart will exchange something if you still have the receipt, But not the Daum EU. So now I'm waiting on the fourth advancing my ticket to the next person in charge.

If I don't get the outfit exchanged I guess Overwatch becomes our go to game

What is missing is public pressure. The purpose of everyone you deal with in Daum or any company (think insurance) is to act as a roadblock. They will seek to delay and dissuade you and offer nothing or as little as possible to make you go away. If you get frustrated and give up, they win- they have your money already. Your objective is to use these forums and social media to pressure them to do the right thing. Don't misunderstand me- I am NOT saying that the CMs and GMs are bad people or that they don't want to help. I am saying that they are following procedures that they did not make. 

Look at the Conqueror's horse debacle. Only when the issue went viral in forums and online did they come back and capitulate with what was actually a very fair offer.

Posted

Which is exactly why none of us should let this issue die.

Posted (edited)

Which is exactly why none of us should let this issue die.

Agree fully. I do not have this issue. I did not buy this costume. I have not spent $700. I have spent money and would spend more, but issues like this make me reluctant. They took care of me on the Conqueror's Horse and many people who did not have that package spoke up and said that they needed to do something. I am here speaking up and saying that they need to do something now on this matter. 

In my opinion, anytime you change an in game item that someone bought for cash, and the customer does not like the change, you owe it to the customer to offer them credit to exchange the item for something they like better. It's just good business practice- the Cx is happy and becomes a bigger fan and you still get to keep the money. This is the single biggest mistake all of these MMOs make- they treat e-goods like physical ones. I can understand BestMart and the like not wanting to exchange TVs- they are big and bulky and cost a lot of money to restock and then be sold as used at a loss. But these goods are pixels on a screen. There is NO cost to exchanging them.

Edited by Grizabella
1 person likes this

Posted

I have spent money and would spend more, but issues like this make me reluctant.

@CM_Jouska

Something to add to your feedback reports sir. This is hardly an isolated sentiment.

Posted

2193152.jpg

CM Tytyes came to me yesterday, begging the CS team for mercy about the Maehwa costume.

After the patch on the 4th of May, we decided to apply a 48 hours Pearls refund policy as from the 4th of May for the Maehwa Atanis costume. It clearly appears that this time limit was too short :(  

CS Team Leads discussed this topic and none of us was against extending the Pearls refund period for players who purchased this costume before the patch that occurred on the 4th of May. There were however strong discussions on how to announce it to the community: should we dress CM Tytyes in something looking like a Maehwa costume? Should we rather dress CM Jouska? Should we also make them wear the horse mask we have? Should the costume look like the old Maehwa costume or the new one? Unfortunately, we could not reach a decision. We will leave it to your imagination. Hopefully it will not turn into a rule 34.

Players who have purchased a Maehwa costume before the patch on the 4th of March can request a refund of this costume in Pearls until the 7th of June. Players whose ticket was denied should be contacted again by a GM (but we may miss a few tickets, so don't hesitate to create a ticket if we haven't contacted you by Friday).

4 people like this

Posted

Pearls until the 7th of June.

It would be best to make a new thread about this which is then stickied at the top of the forum, otherwise people will find a way to complain about this as it'll be a post lost in this thread. 

Posted (edited)

And as predicted, they have done the right thing. 

In every case where there has been a real issue that was brought to their attention and pressure was kept up, they have responded well. Imagine the shear volume of silly or stupid issues that are raised to them that they have to sort through and evaluate and you can get some idea as to why they take a deliberate approach to weed out the frivolous.

Kudos again guys and girls. You may not get it right always or as quickly as some would like, but you do listen and you do learn and you do get it right in the end.

Edited by Grizabella
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Good to hear, that's great GM_Tokaji.

Not sure how you can find the old tickets of people who requested a refund but I hope the upset people are still active and able to get their refund.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

err... redundant, as policy had been changed. good move DAUM :)

Edited by Blimey

Posted

Players who have purchased a Maehwa costume before the patch on the 4th of March can request a refund of this costume in Pearls until the 7th of June. Players whose ticket was denied should be contacted again by a GM (but we may miss a few tickets, so don't hesitate to create a ticket if we haven't contacted you by Friday).

Thank you.

I figured if we just kept the issue alive you guys would address it.

Posted

Controversy is lovely <3

Posted

2193152.jpg

CM Tytyes came to me yesterday, begging the CS team for mercy about the Maehwa costume.

After the patch on the 4th of May, we decided to apply a 48 hours Pearls refund policy as from the 4th of May for the Maehwa Atanis costume. It clearly appears that this time limit was too short :(  

CS Team Leads discussed this topic and none of us was against extending the Pearls refund period for players who purchased this costume before the patch that occurred on the 4th of May. There were however strong discussions on how to announce it to the community: should we dress CM Tytyes in something looking like a Maehwa costume? Should we rather dress CM Jouska? Should we also make them wear the horse mask we have? Should the costume look like the old Maehwa costume or the new one? Unfortunately, we could not reach a decision. We will leave it to your imagination. Hopefully it will not turn into a rule 34.

Thank you!

Posted

Daum currently doesn't care about customer service because people don't act up. They'll keep pulling this move until we say no. 

Posted

Update:

A few days ago I escalated the ticket using the contact links at the top of the forum... I believe the title is "Alternate Ways of Contact" or something to that effect, I'll edit this post once I double check.

The escalation team took care of the issue, and did in fact refund the pearls specifically to the character.  It wouldn't be right for me to start this thread and generate movement on it without providing the resolution.

To that end, thank you DAUM for taking care of this issue, specifically "GM Unknown" - unsure if that's a specific person, or if the system just masks the name.

Posted

It would help your case if you showed before and after pics of the edits, I dont see any difference.

Posted

I would guess that is because that is the only information they have right now. Again, communicating with those that don't make, just implement the policy. Still would agree that a public update on the forums would be best at this point to clarify whether they are seeking to re-visit or upholding as is. Even if the answer is negative at this point (to re-visiting)...not communicating that is going to do more damage long term than short term reaction.

I would agree, it is probably best to keep an open ticket. You may also want to click on @CM_Jouska's profile, and email him directly the ticket number and situation to deal directly with him for resolution. I still think they are probably going to address and create a separate policy for this going forward....I just don't see how they couldn't, but in attempts to get your personal situation addressed, may be best route to go at this point.

It's an ultimatum or a threat. The way the person was using it is akin to how a two year employs it as well. This is were the perceived rudeness comes from, adults do not behave like that.

Posted

It's an ultimatum or a threat. The way the person was using it is akin to how a two year employs it as well. This is were the perceived rudeness comes from, adults do not behave like that.

how is it a threat? A "threat" would imply harm. ...If that is the lens thru which people would look at the original post, then that would be being over-sensitive. ...quite over-sensitive. Someone simply stating what they will do because of the actions or lack there of taken, is nothing more than stating intentions. Regardless, at this point, it is null and void as the issue has been resolved, and policy/actions of Daum clarified.

..I would completely agree that people posting, including the original poster, conspiracy, or summations of Daums desire to take negative actions are, as I have already said, silly. 

Posted (edited)

the function of the GM in this scenario is literally to server the exact same function as an automated machine. yes, they are clearly following a well defined policy. no, they are not free to hand out exchanges/refunds at their own discretion. if you have any evidence to contradict this, go ahead, but "I have worked in customer service so I know better than you, trust me" is not a valid argument. You are not the first person I have talked to who has held a position in customer service.

normally, I would agree with the sentiment being expressed in this topic, it is always best to be polite and respectful when dealing with other human beings. That being said, I am 100% positive that nothing the OP could have said would have changed the outcome of this particular ticket.

You missed the point entirely and yes I have worked customer service. So have a few of my close friends, what we can and can not do is sometimes limited to what the person is willing to do or not do that is extra.

I worked retail, I could offer to order a product we don't have if it's on our order sheet, but I don't have to (we had a day turn around on orders too). Now if you asked, I may have to but then I might make you go through the hassle of waiting for me to get my supervisor's approval etc. Typically in retail, if you get in trouble for not not going the extra mile it's because the customer is a heavy spender.

Or like how this happened to me, my pizza order was messed up and the driver got me my meal and a 20oz soda free. I've even worked delivering pizza, she did not have to do that.

That's just a few anecdotal scenarios, now I do not nor have I worked where this particularly agent works so I'm not privy to the allowances they are given.

https://hbr.org/2010/07/stop-trying-to-delight-your-customers

Edited by Wildeblood