• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"Awakening, awakening" o.o

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Are they even going to come anytime soon? Have we been notified or anything about around when we should be expecting them? Because I have a feeling we wont be seing awakenings till like next year, could someone fill me in on this?

Posted

2 weeks

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the reply, anyone else?

Posted

Not for a while.

Posted

No, they have yet to give us any kind of time range as to when we can expect the awakenings to get released.
All we know for now is that they would prefer to release as many, if not all, of the awakenings at once to avoid us getting some heavy class imbalances. 

So if we were to assume that they'll wait with releasing them in the west until all of them is finished, that it takes ~1 month between the awakening releases in KR, and that there is a total of 4 awakenings currently missing (Ninja, kunoichi, witch and wizard) I'd say it's safe to assume that we wont be seeing them for a minimum of 4 months

Posted

Relax it's only May.  

Posted

The correct answer, straight from the CMs, is August is the earliest we will see them. That is incredibly dissapointing, and frankly I don't see the player base sustaining months of Valencia without them. Anything that isn't a Ranger or Witch/Wiz will likely quit within the first few weeks of Valencia after they get pushed out by Rangers on +18 gear. Nothing pre-awakenings can compete with that.

Posted (edited)

2 weeks

*disclaimer:  offer null and void if you're not Tom Hanks

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

The whole situation is in discussion, but it will take time to decide exactly if we decide to change our plan and how. Now what has been confirmed is that no matter what, it won't be coming before August, as we're planning to release Valencia 1 and 2 first + the Ninja/Kunoichi.

Even if we decided to follow a staggered release it would mean all the awakening except Wizard/Witch and Ninja/Kunoichi as theirs wil be ready far too late in the year.

There won't be any announcement or decision made soon as we already have the release plan for the next 2 months.

Page 19 of this thread: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/87516-late-release-of-already-available-awakening-weapons-repost/&page=19 Edited by Biggians
1 person likes this

Posted

So they add awakening nerfs to the current version, and then decide to not add any awakenings for at least half a year. All the while they won't do anything to make up for the awakening nerfs in between now and then. These guys should write a book on how to kill a good game in less than a year because it would be quite the story. 

Posted

Thanks for the replies, so its safe to say they probably won't be coming out till late this year or early next year? Guess I can put my warrior to rest for a while, how are the bladers without awakenings? Or is it basically rangers/wiz. xD

Posted

Play whatever class you enjoy but yes awakening wont come until fall of 2016 or next year i predict. 

Posted

I enjoy warrior but its kinda hard to enjoy it at endgame, when you field bosses are anti-melee, pvp you have to try like 10x harder just to be on par. xD

Posted

Are they even going to come anytime soon? Have we been notified or anything about around when we should be expecting them? Because I have a feeling we wont be seing awakenings till like next year, could someone fill me in on this?

NO, we wont get awakenings soon, we might get awakenings after ALL the classes have awakenings in KR version. : 

To shed some light about the situation and the spam around it. Few weeks ago we said that we wanted to release all the awakenings all at once. That is still our plans so far. There are no silence around this, mostly maybe a "let's not repeat ourselves everytime someone new ask for it". 

Now, this is mostly due to the fact that releasing only a part of it might create some unbalance in the actual PvP system. Your concerns are based on the PvE yes, but that doesn't mean PvP will not be impacted by it. 

On top of that there are 2 things to notice, first not all classes have their awakening skill ready to be released, this is not a matter of "this new class has an issue let's try to fix it", it can only be solved by waiting, would it be ok for them to wait ? Would it be if we were playing a class without awakening when everybody has its own ? 

Second point is that, as you saw in many patch notes, we keep changing monsters/boss stats in our version of the game, meaning our client is different than the KR one and that also we're trying to adapt the game. 

There is actually no reason to be afraid of something that isn't garanty to happen. Awakening won't be coming soon no, and it doesn't mean that you will not be able to grind properly in Valencia. 

Edit: And the lock happened mostly because it turned into an "ok but repetitive post to just spamming for attention". If you want an answer, better tag and wait for us to read the whole thing, if there is spam, we'll lock then read after. 

Edited Monday at 4:43 PM by CM_Tytyes
1 person likes this

Posted

Then get rid of the Awakenings CC nerf. Really, I have no idea what kind of decision that was.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Now, this is mostly due to the fact that releasing only a part of it might create some unbalance in the actual PvP system. Your concerns are based on the PvE yes, but that doesn't mean PvP will not be impacted by it". - This right here made me more or less quit the game. It truly shows that they are not playing the game or testing it! I do not think this game can be more unbalanced than it is right now due to none-awakening CC nerf, so that is just an excuse!

"There is actually no reason to be afraid of something that isn't garanty to happen. Awakening won't be coming soon no, and it doesn't mean that you will not be able to grind properly in Valencia". - Unless they come out with a none-awakening balance fix for most melee classes, then there is nothing else they can do here. They could decrease all the health on the mobs in Valencia, but that won't help the big balance part between range and melee classes.

And as Wrekks said. If they want us to wait for the awakening remove the Awakening CC nerf etc. I am more than fine by that, but not with the none-awakening nerf. that makes all melee classes more or less useless.

Edited by Martin Blom
1 person likes this

Posted

"Now, this is mostly due to the fact that releasing only a part of it might create some unbalance in the actual PvP system. Your concerns are based on the PvE yes, but that doesn't mean PvP will not be impacted by it". - This right here made me more or less quit the game. It truly shows that they are not playing the game or testing it! I do not think this game can be more unbalanced than it is right now due to none-awakening CC nerf, so that is just an excuse!

"There is actually no reason to be afraid of something that isn't garanty to happen. Awakening won't be coming soon no, and it doesn't mean that you will not be able to grind properly in Valencia". - Unless they come out with a none-awakening balance fix for most melee classes, then there is nothing else they can do here. They could decrease all the health on the mobs in Valencia, but that won't help the big balance part between range and melee classes.

And as Wrekks said. If they want us to wait for the awakening remove the Awakening CC nerf etc. I am more than fine by that, but not with the none-awakening nerf. that makes all melee classes more or less useless.

They are probably too busy playing Overwatch to care about fixing their mistakes, or even acknowledging that there is a problem. 

Posted

LOL @ ZAC

Posted

Here's a Valk with 359 DP. More than you will ever realistically have in PVP or PVE. It takes a geared ranger 4 seconds to kill him. No awakenings will be the actual death of this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIhb7VwuIKI