• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Memory Leak

20 posts in this topic

Posted

The game client slowly consumes more and more memory until there's none left that the OS will allocate for the process, and the Windows operating system closes it, or the game crashes.

In game (at the moment) I'm riding an auto-loop on horse, and watching the Task Manager (I have two monitors). The game consumes an extra 100k memory every 5-10 minutes. Even with the game minimized to an icon on the tray.

I started the game ~80 minutes ago and I'm at 3gb of memory use for the client

rMiBWlC.png.

A few minutes later, less than 5, the game minimized to the tray to post the OP picture and I have a new one to add. As you can see the game up another 100kb of memory. It keeps going up and up.

VoTUgLY.png

I have the KB wrong, guess it's MB, but you get the drift. After a few minutes in the tray, the game did dump 500 MB of memory, but then it continued the climber further.

Posted

Yup... I have the same problem. And I was so excited to play this game for months, I bought it yesterday, spent another $30.00 at the Internet Cafe to download this game for 4 hrs... and now I can't even frigging play it. This game shouldn't be broken...but it is.

Posted

Do you guys run any active antimalware software, I have seen some occurrences with these and game security. 

Essentially what happens is, game runs, starts anticheat security, malware protection opens and instance, anticheat scans and blocks with a new operation (adding memory usage), MP gets blocked, MP opens new active scan, MP blocked, repeat.

Try adding the entire Black Desert folder to the exclusions.

Also I would like to note, 3-5GB is normal for BDO.

Posted (edited)

No Anti-malware software here, except windows defender. And if BDO is considered malware...

Game crashes due to computer running out of memory isn't normal, as mentioned in the OP.

Edited by Dune

Posted (edited)

Wanted to add this is an issue for me as well. First starting up the game, ram usage is low and normal. See screenshot 1. I'll update this post in a few hours when the game gets to using around 6.5gb of RAM.

ram1.png

Update: Well, haven't hit the memory leak yet. I don't know what causes it since I've done (afaik) the same things as I've done every other day. Will post a screenshot once I proc the leak.

Edited by Flazlo

Posted (edited)

Wanted to add this is an issue for me as well. First starting up the game, ram usage is low and normal. See screenshot 1. I'll update this post in a few hours when the game gets to using around 6.5gb of RAM.

ram1.png

Hey, guy. I'll save you the trouble.

http://imgur.com/tzlVU2K

5.6GB. And this is LOW. This is after restarting 3-4 hours ago from 7.1gb/8GB of System Memory.

How it's literally stealing Windows RESERVED Memory is also beyond me.

As of the last, well, less than 5 minutes, it's up to 5.85GB.

Edit: 12 minutes later spiking to just below 6GB, causing system stutters, and slight freezes.

Edited by Shades

Posted

My usage gets up to about 6gb....

One would think a game wouldn't go that high, surely non-used memory would be dumped from the game so as to keep memory leaks from occurring....

Posted

Just got back from vacation and having the same issue now, watching the memory usage go up and up until crash.  Guess it's on to something more stable for a while. Crashes anywhere from immediately after login, to 2-5 minutes into gameplay. 

Posted

lol same issue here. This has been posted numerous amounts of times now, and i think they're aware of the problem. I just don't know if they have any way of sorting it out, or even plan to sort it at the moment...

I can run the game solidly for about 4 or 5 days before it overloads and closes down. But closing once every 4/5 days is nothing to me :P pretty easy to ignore.
But this only started happening to me once i patched the first Mediah expansion. I never had any problems like this before that patch...

Posted (edited)

Got mine working by disabling superfetch

Edited by Heimdallr

Posted (edited)

i have 32gb of ram 8gb sticks first encountered this issue after last maintenance & knew it was a memory leak kinda.... but because i did bios, drviers & nvidia Drivers update during the maintenance i put it down to one of those things.
SO last night complete O/S reinstall off USB, full driver reinstall offline, windows updated, removed windows 10 crapware apps + did the needed fixes + a older nvidia driver to be 100% sure, before reinstalling ONLY BDO. Same issue still there.

Done the Diable NDU for now Working So Far, but BDO you need to fix whatver you have done.
-update disable NDU & increased cash of ram on HDD helps but the issue still comes back. i think its more than just a memory leak now reason why - mainly mediah causing it for me currently with those "fixes".

Edited by prymortal

Posted

Same issue HERE! WTF ARE DOING DAUM

Posted

Hey, guy. I'll save you the trouble.

http://imgur.com/tzlVU2K

5.6GB. And this is LOW. This is after restarting 3-4 hours ago from 7.1gb/8GB of System Memory.

How it's literally stealing Windows RESERVED Memory is also beyond me.

As of the last, well, less than 5 minutes, it's up to 5.85GB.

Edit: 12 minutes later spiking to just below 6GB, causing system stutters, and slight freezes.

Finally got it again. Twice in a row. Once again no idea what I did differently, but here's a screenshot of it literally hogging 100% of my ram. 1 minute after this screenshot was taken, both Black Desert and Chrome force terminated due to lack of ram.

ram2.png

Posted (edited)

I have memory leak so often since I got my new PC with ddr4 ram. Every time I switch to a different window, for example my Browser for like 5 minutes, and when i return to game it doubles the ram size reserved by the game. I have 16GB in total, so the system crashes after the 3. time.

I get a Pearl Abyss loading screen, although i was already logged in, see the screenshot below. It was loading the 3. time, thats why it has already 10GB reserved.

I have Windows 10 pro update KB3199986.

And here is some of my PC spec if that helps:

CPUIntel Core i7-6700K
MotherboardASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
RAM2x8GB HyperX FURY HX421C14FBK2/16

outOfMem_BlackDesert.png

Edited by Ecke

Posted

Running 32GB DDR3 here, game crashed my entire computer yesterday, 15.4GB of RAM in use.  I couldn't take a screenshot, couldn't switch apps, or do anything.  when I noticed something funny I got the task manager open, but after that even screen refreshes were bugged, windows were only partially visible and lots of tearing going on.

I run in full screen windowed mode Win10, so I don't alt tab.  I started noticing game issues mid/early Oct right after the fall patch came out.  It is the first time I've had in game lag since moving to a Samsung Pro 950 M.2 SSD. Yesterday is the first time I ran into the memory crash though since April/May.

Posted (edited)

Slightly off topic but this might affect some users. Just throwing this out: If youre running Windows 10 with Killer Networks Ethernet drivers, download the latest versions, delete old and install new. The old drivers are known to have huge memory leaks.

You can check what your ethernet drivers are from the device manager

Noticed this myself, cuz I have bdo always on and after some days of usage my memory would be at 90-95% in use for no apparent reason.

So for example if you're running any new Z-series motherboards (might be on other models also)from ASUS/MSI etc they probably have Killer Networks drivers.. You can find the drivers from here http://www.killernetworking.com/product-support/driver-downloads Select 

• Standard Drivers (no Killer Features)

[edit] might affect w7/8 users also.

Edited by Edenwolf
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Slightly off topic but this might affect some users. Just throwing this out: If youre running Windows 10 with Killer Networks Ethernet drivers, download the latest versions, delete old and install new. The old drivers are known to have huge memory leaks.

Noticed this myself, cuz I have bdo always on and after some days of usage my memory would be at 90-95% in use for no apparent reason.

So for example if you're running any new Z-series motherboards (might be on other models also)from ASUS/MSI etc they probably have Killer Networks drivers.. You can find the drivers from here http://www.killernetworking.com/product-support/driver-downloads Select 

no i got default ones (Intel LAN Driver V20.7.67.0) from asus

And i dont have bdo running for long until the memory leak happens, like 10 minutes or 1h.

But 1 thing I would like to mention about the bug is, the game freezes while its tabbed out after some minutes. When i tab back into the game it fills the ram another time with the black screenshot above, not always but sometimes.

Edited by Ecke

Posted

This solved my memory issue.

Thank you! I'll love u 4eva!!!!!!!!

Posted

I'll have to check this when I get home. I've seen mine get as high as 12GB, but I have 64 so it's never been a problem. Appreciate the info!

Posted

still having this issue... Mostly happening in towns like heidel at the storage guy.