• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New op gap closer for sorc

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Like this if it's helpful for you.

Dislike if not, oh wait.

Anyway, Max out flow of darkness + sinister swarm and spam/switch in between those two to gap close. With 4-5 attack speed, you'll gap close really quick with this and

get an additional +19 evasion/30% crit buff while gap closing. +19 is +15 from maxed FoD + 4 from passive.

Example combo -> FoD + SS + FoD + SS (as many time as you need to to gap close) -> FoD (End with flow of darkness) -> Transition into Shadow Eruption animation cancel  -> Shard explosion -> stinger -> DF

Example combo -> FoD + SS + FoD + SS -> stinger -> Shadow eruption -> crow flare -> beak kick -> shard explosion -> DF

Don't bother with this gap closing method if your attack speed is less than 4, since FoD scales with attack speed.

BTW Use darkness release + the 200% distance passive to back off if you have no stamina.

Posted

so OP then I found out how to press shift + movement keys

Posted

so OP then I found out how to press shift + movement keys

So you're gonna start an arena duel with a night crow? You don't even need to waste so much stamina resource half the time in duels if you know how to make up for distance closers via other means. But just my two cents hahaha. :)

Posted (edited)

So you're gonna start an arena duel with a night crow? You don't even need to waste so much stamina resource half the time in duels if you know how to make up for distance closers via other means. But just my two cents hahaha. :)

You're aware flow of darkness uses stamina too, right?

I'm not going to math it, but the distance you move compared to just night-crowing makes this a waste of time without 5 attack speed, and if you have 5 attack speed in your build you're doing something wrong as a sorc.

Darkness Released is a good way to get out, but the lack of iframe makes it suicide vs anything that has ranged attacks and is awake. It's better to use terrain to block their line of sight than try to warp off. Most classes will still out-run it anyway, it's too situational.

Edited by Rainyday

Posted

nice argument.

Posted

is this another troll ones? xD

Posted

200_s.gif

Posted

I'm not going to math it, but the distance you move compared to just night-crowing makes this a waste of time without 5 attack speed, and if you have 5 attack speed in your build you're doing something wrong as a sorc.

159c8e75b5.png

u just jealous u cant get these sweet numbers without eating food B)

1 person likes this

Posted

Omgsorcsoopnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf

Posted

You're aware flow of darkness uses stamina too, right?

Darkness Released is a good way to get out, but the lack of iframe makes it suicide vs anything that has ranged attacks and is awake. It's better to use terrain to block their line of sight than try to warp off. Most classes will still out-run it anyway, it's too situational.

I have 5/5/5, on screen 141 ap/165 dp. K. Doing something wrong on sorc because I want faster kicks.

Btw Night Crow at 1900 stam uses ~14 stam per, and sinister swarm -> 8 stam per, used with flow of darkness and you have a distance covered larger than night crow for only 8 stam. But it's just advice, you don't have to take it.

If you don't want to use darkness released while you're out of stamina to back off.... then I guess you could just turn your back to your opponent and hope he doesn't hit  you while you go for a stroll :)

Posted (edited)

wait what the ----- is sinister swarm, theres "sinister energy" and "sinister shadow" but nothing called sinister swarm, how am i supposed to try out this gap closer that has a 0.00649% chance of actually being useful if the OP doesnt even give real skill names

EDIT: alright after asking every geologist, necromancer, meteorologist, and my cat i managed to figure out the skill OP is talking about is, in fact, Sinister Shadow so using this newfound knowledge I found out the following:

1. The skills animations do flow well so it does look fancy

2. Who tf is gonna put 14 points into sinister shadow just to do this

3. It's kind of important to be able to look at the person youre trying to kill??? if you do this then youre gonna be looking at the pretty birds and trees which im 100% okay with but not when a ranger is about to shotgun my ass

4. MIGHT be viable as an escape method? i dont have the 14 points in SS so i dont know exactly how far it will get you, and im not sure if its even faster than darkness released, plus darkness released has you facing the person chasing you which is really useful

You've failed this country, OP.

Edited by Edgelorde
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

wait what the ----- is sinister swarm, theres "sinister energy" and "sinister shadow" but nothing called sinister swarm, how am i supposed to try out this gap closer that has a 0.00649% chance of actually being useful if the OP doesnt even give real skill names

Haha, sorry, it's sinister shadow and flow of darkness.

Lots of people here bashing it when they haven't even tried to spam sinister shadow + flow of darkness + sinister shadow + flow of darkness -> Shadow eruption.

Mainly because the other opponent doesn't know what you're doing and think you're just clowning around xD , but in all honesty, spamming SS+ Flow of darkness together lets me dodge a lot (this isn't exaggerating either) of hits from rangers from long to medium range. Only way a ranger would counter this is to land her KD, in which case you should start using night crow.

Edited by Alexxy
Correction, Flow of Darkness animation cancel Shadow Eruption, not sinister shadow.

Posted

Haha, sorry, it's sinister shadow and flow of darkness.

Lots of people here bashing it when they haven't even tried to spam sinister shadow + flow of darkness + sinister shadow -> Shadow eruption.

Mainly because the other opponent doesn't know what you're doing and think you're just clowning around xD , but in all honesty, spamming SS+ Flow of darkness together lets me dodge a lot (this isn't exaggerating either) of hits from rangers from long to medium range. Only way a ranger would counter this is to land her KD, in which case you should start using night crow.

Ah I was just assuming it was for heading towards the enemy, not strafing. Flow of Darkness actually chains into shadow eruption, making it have no windup, so yeah I can see this as something to do when you wanna strafe around the enemy, and wait for a chance to jump in. Interdasting. I'll try it out if I remember to.

Still not gonna put 14 points into it, tho.

Posted

Ah I was just assuming it was for heading towards the enemy, not strafing. Flow of Darkness actually chains into shadow eruption, making it have no windup, so yeah I can see this as something to do when you wanna strafe around the enemy, and wait for a chance to jump in. Interdasting. I'll try it out if I remember to.

Still not gonna put 14 points into it, tho.

Oh yeah, it's used mainly for strafing since you're not going to be heading directly towards the opponent but sideways at a curved path. Sorry, should've used "strafing" instead of gap-closing, although it is technically gap closing as well. You don't need to invest a lot in sinister shadow (the %20 evasion distance is negligible, I think?), so it should work if you just have maxed flow of darkness and any level of sinister shadow.

When you have +5 attack speed with the combo, it's really insane canceling with shadow eruption.

Posted

159c8e75b5.png

u just jealous u cant get these sweet numbers without eating food B)

NICE MOVESPEED M8 SLOW ----- EZ CANT CAT6CH D1ES

Posted

How do you max all three?  Using food buffs?

Posted (edited)

How do you max all three?  Using food buffs?

That's one way, there are many. I'm not going to list them all as it depends on gear availability and preference. The main point to remember is that food can give you +1 crit, +2 move speed, +1 attack speed and +1 cast speed. You can even go further and use elixirs giving +3 attack speed or +3 cast speed. Move speed elixirs for +3 also exist but i don't recall if they share the same timer as cast speed, they probably do. But even that isn't an issue with later patches assuming we get them.

You can ignore buffs and use Liverto with 2crit+2att speed crystals, two piece Talis with +2 move speed boots and whatever in body, two piece anything with four crystal slots total adding in +4 cast speed helm, +3 attack speed and +1 cast speed gloves, 

Total without food buffs or Agerian and you can max all four, screw just three:

• 5 Move speed
  • 5 Cast speed
  • 5 Attack speed
  • 5 Critical hit
Edited by Ginrei
1 person likes this

Posted

yeah i tried using 2 move speed crystals in my boots and ate a meat sandwich to get 5 move speed but stamina is just so much more useful in pvp

Posted

yeah i tried using 2 move speed crystals in my boots and ate a meat sandwich to get 5 move speed but stamina is just so much more useful in pvp

not really because it regens enough for 1 dodge every 2 seconds lmao just manage better

Posted

not really because it regens enough for 1 dodge every 2 seconds lmao just manage better

Or have more total stamina and have better burst with your teleports. 

Posted

u need a lot of dodges when u wanna get in deep in the enemy lines and get out safe, the more max stamina u got, the deeper u can go + get out safely.

Posted

have fun getting outrun by literally everyone else then m8, never had a stamina problem with 1800 stamina and 5 ms

Posted

have fun getting outrun by literally everyone else then m8, never had a stamina problem with 1800 stamina and 5 ms

how do you track your ms ingame?

Posted

That's one way, there are many. I'm not going to list them all as it depends on gear availability and preference. The main point to remember is that food can give you +1 crit, +2 move speed, +1 attack speed and +1 cast speed. You can even go further and use elixirs giving +3 attack speed or +3 cast speed. Move speed elixirs for +3 also exist but i don't recall if they share the same timer as cast speed, they probably do. But even that isn't an issue with later patches assuming we get them.

You can ignore buffs and use Liverto with 2crit+2att speed crystals, two piece Talis with +2 move speed boots and whatever in body, two piece anything with four crystal slots total adding in +4 cast speed helm, +3 attack speed and +1 cast speed gloves, 

Total without food buffs or Agerian and you can max all four, screw just three:

• 5 Move speed
  • 5 Cast speed
  • 5 Attack speed
  • 5 Critical hit

Wouldn't this only provide 4 move speed? Talis gives 2, crystal gives 2. Where's the last point?

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't this only provide 4 move speed? Talis gives 2, crystal gives 2. Where's the last point?

Two piece Talis set bonus is 1 move speed and jump boost

Edited by Ginrei