• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Character Creation Service (no more requests atm pls)

161 posts in this topic

Posted

2016-01-27_1098649671.thumb.JPG.5db26f2e

64d9d46c325b75f54635f6f2f6dd050f.jpg

This is just... wow... amazing!

Posted (edited)

How does this look?  There aren't really good hair options.  I picked this one because it looked the most tribal.

2016-01-27_1092474411.thumb.JPG.d6461558

It was the eyeliner.  Here is a different option.

2016-01-27_1092989235.thumb.JPG.51808950

There is no good hair for saber :(  Here are a few options though.  Let me know if you like it.

2016-01-27_1093830269.thumb.JPG.42826d2e2016-01-27_1093837986.thumb.JPG.9d24b8f0

2016-01-27_1093959000.thumb.JPG.ea1fc47d2016-01-27_1094090515.thumb.JPG.3a36a7a7

How does this look?  Two hair options.

2016-01-27_1097572556.thumb.JPG.5ff3e9202016-01-27_1097781169.thumb.JPG.8257e43c

Not to toot my own horn but i think this one turned out pretty awesome.

2016-01-27_1098649671.thumb.JPG.5db26f2e

sorry if im a critic, but im not as intrigued as others may be... =/

Edited by CatEarHero

Posted

Thou does not like? I'll take it! xD

Posted

please do. it just doesnt look right. the girl is like 15. the avatar looks 30+

im more fond of my own ava atmsbnIwq0.png

Posted

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you think, and the reason has to do with re-creating a specific image. Restricting a person to follow a set of guidelines regarding facial structure doesn't truly let them express themselves and create their best work. This is the main reason I don't like to make characters for others, though it does serve as good practice and a way to kill some time.

Posted (edited)

Hey! Do you think you could make me Klein from Sword Art Online? :D

The one with short hair. :3 Also, maybe Steve Zaragoza and William Haynes from SourceFed? 

Edited by GetRidaHim

Posted

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you think, and the reason has to do with re-creating a specific image. Restricting a person to follow a set of guidelines regarding facial structure doesn't truly let them express themselves and create their best work. This is the main reason I don't like to make characters for others, though it does serve as good practice and a way to kill some time.

agreed, but it took me 5hrs or so to perfect my character.

i feel like some people just push out simple creations really quickly, i dont care for quantity>quality

Posted

agreed, but it took me 5hrs or so to perfect my character.

i feel like some people just push out simple creations really quickly, i dont care for quantity>quality

I would say I've spent approximately 80 hours on my ranger over the course of a few months, but I've finally gotten it to a point where I can't find anything else to change. To simply put it, it takes a lot of time to create something your truly proud of, but it does require a lot of skill to recreate an image, and that isn't something that should be blindly dismissed.

Posted

I would say I've spent approximately 80 hours on my ranger over the course of a few months, but I've finally gotten it to a point where I can't find anything else to change. To simply put it, it takes a lot of time to create something your truly proud of, but it does require a lot of skill to recreate an image, and that isn't something that should be blindly dismissed.

i see contradictions

if they arent truly proud of their work, and if its rushed there is no point to it.

what if bdo content was handled this way. its not right to push stuff like this.

recreating or not. if its not quality, dont show it off.

Posted

i see contradictions

if they arent truly proud of their work, and if its rushed there is no point to it.

what if bdo content was handled this way. its not right to push stuff like this.

What is going on? She was proud of it, and it didn't look rushed. Just because she didn't spend days on it, doesn't mean it's not good.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is going on? She was proud of it, and it didn't look rushed. Just because she didn't spend days on it, doesn't mean it's not good. 

it can be better. 

Posted

it can be better. 

So ask her for the file, and make it better. xD

Posted

So ask her for the file, and make it better. xD

dont need to, it keeps a creator name. and she could have had better results with tamer

better off doing it myself

Posted

i see contradictions

It doesn't particularly contradict itself, just as how creating something you're proud of takes skill, so does re-creating an image of something else. Quality isn't necessarily purely defined by time, and you have the right to express your opinion on the quality of a work just as much as someone else has the right to share their work with others, I think it's rude and improper to tell them not to "show it off". And arguing about the quality of a work is purely subjective and I think if you want an aspect improved then the proper action is to request something changed or do it yourself since people don't have the same perceptions of quality/beauty or whatever you want to call it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Man, I can get rude can't I? My apologies. 

Anyways, I would like to see what you can come up with if you are planning on recreating it yourself, the character customization really does fascinate me!

Edited by GetRidaHim

Posted (edited)

It doesn't particularly contradict itself, just as how creating something you're proud of takes skill, so does re-creating an image of something else. Quality isn't necessarily purely defined by time, and you have the right to express your opinion on the quality of a work just as much as someone else has the right to share their work with others, I think it's rude and improper to tell them not to "show it off". And arguing about the quality of a work is purely subjective and I think if you want an aspect improved then the proper action is to request something changed or do it yourself since people don't have the same perceptions of quality/beauty or whatever you want to call it.

Yeah, I feel like this is one of those times when if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say something. (clearly not in regards to yourself) Especially when it goes from a response equal to 'meh', to essentially calling someone else's work crap. Unless it's a joke/monster character, and sometimes even then, I suppose, I'm pretty sure most people invest a bit of themselves into character creation, even if the process of creating it doesn't take hours/days. Just because something doesn't take a long time to create, doesn't mean it's bad; look at what those speed painting street artists can do with a can of spray paint and cardboard. I sure wouldn't call their art bad just because they can create it in a few minutes.

Edited by Sweord
1 person likes this

Posted

This is just... wow... amazing!

I really liked this one as well, wouldn't mind the customization data if it's available. Seems like the requester wasn't psyched about it. 

Posted (edited)

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE:

Marilyn Manson

(probably a manlet warrior tbh)

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by Mr.Manson
classification there buddy

Posted

How does this look?  Two hair options.

2016-01-27_1097572556.thumb.JPG.5ff3e9202016-01-27_1097781169.thumb.JPG.8257e43c

The right one looks better to me. Both are good matches though :)

Posted

Wow nice job on char customizing its so hard for to mess with x.x But i can't make females like that, Is their anyway you could make a Valkyire Tifa? (For me please?!) I'd really love it. Tifa Lockhart : Reference pics below;  I know the hair is very hard to make 100% but, as close as possible would be nice xD 

Tifa-tifa-lockheart-1068351_528_288.jpgtifa-fights-loz.jpgdf3009bb6c5bb56a5c76fa24cf3c6f41.jpg

Posted

please do. it just doesnt look right. the girl is like 15. the avatar looks 30+

im more fond of my own ava atm

sbnIwq0.png

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; however, time put into a character is not equal to the quality of the character.  The request I spent the most time on was the Daisy Ridley one and I can admit that it is by far my worst.  Some of my best are the Megan Fox and Olivia Wilde ones.  These honestly took about 30-40 min each.  Some people or characters are just easier to recreate than others.  It is fine if you do not like my work.  What you could have done instead is to make suggestions on how I could improve it, or have said thanks for your time and not asked for the file, or just nothing at all.  Not everyone will like my work and i am Okay with this.  I quite often don't care for other peoples work but i either just keep it to myself (as i will right now) or if it seems like they want suggestions i may try to help them.  If the childish look was so important to you you should have put tamer as a class in your request.  As you didn't, i just chose for myself.  I would still like to thank you for your request as i had a lot of fun recreating it, and I am still very proud of that one :)

I really liked this one as well, wouldn't mind the customization data if it's available. Seems like the requester wasn't psyched about it. 

I will gladly send it when i get home from work :) I am glad you both liked it.

I'd love to see your ranger if you are willing to post a screenshot!!  

2 people like this

Posted

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; however, time put into a character is not equal to the quality of the character.  The request I spent the most time on was the Daisy Ridley one and I can admit that it is by far my worst.  Some of my best are the Megan Fox and Olivia Wilde ones.  These honestly took about 30-40 min each.  Some people or characters are just easier to recreate than others.  It is fine if you do not like my work.  What you could have done instead is to make suggestions on how I could improve it, or have said thanks for your time and not asked for the file, or just nothing at all.  Not everyone will like my work and i am Okay with this.  I quite often don't care for other peoples work but i either just keep it to myself (as i will right now) or if it seems like they want suggestions i may try to help them.  If the childish look was so important to you you should have put tamer as a class in your request.  As you didn't, i just chose for myself.  I would still like to thank you for your request as i had a lot of fun recreating it, and I am still very proud of that one :)

I will gladly send it when i get home from work :) I am glad you both liked it.

I'd love to see your ranger if you are willing to post a screenshot!!  

CustomDataRangerHoney.thumb.PNG.952ad8b4

Posted

CustomDataRangerHoney.thumb.PNG.952ad8b4

Very Beautiful xD I like how she looks very pure and innocent with just a smidge of malevolence in her eyes. 

Posted

Request: Triss Merigold ( From TW3 )

Class: Witch

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted

I'm mostly upset that I can't give any of my characters nappy roots man.

I don't intend on playing berserker or blader but shesh can I get some dreads on my warrior?
OR like a fro?
Fade?
I made a post about it in another thread.

ELSE I WILL HAVE TO BE BALD. I can't take my character seriously with that other hair man. Where this is ofc, subjective, and all me.

Gotta have them nappy roots man.

Someone teach me how to make napps on current char creation version. Thx