• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions from a new player

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings, just discovered this amazing game and my wife and I both bought founder's packs for CBT2 and release, we are psyched. Meanwhile, I'm playing on KR to get an idea of how the game world works. I realize there will be differences, but I hope some of these questions can still be answered.

1) I'm confused about node connecting. I understand the concept and I've learned how to acquire node connections from NPC's who are in line, but what I don't understand is how to claim the resource nodes out in the field. I go to them and they appear to be connected, but there are no NPCs there. What am I supposed to do to claim those?

2) Is there any way to eliminate all of the onscreen hotbutton "help"? I find it very intrusive and immersion breaking and it is so in your face. I couldn't find a switch to turn it off.

3) I understand that I need to quest to get contribution points. But how do you find quests? I talk to every NPC I see, is that the only way to do this, just hit and miss, or is there a way to know where the quests are. I guess I could visit spoiler sites, but I'd rather know if there is a UI mechanic to help spot them.

4) I was under the impression that I would get a mount quest at some point just following my Black Spirit. I'm at level 18 now and still no mount. How do I acquire a mount?

Thanks! Great game, hope to see you all in NA on the 18th! My wife and I took days off for the 18th and 19th, so we are ready to dive in.

Posted

Greetings, just discovered this amazing game and my wife and I both bought founder's packs for CBT2 and release, we are psyched. Meanwhile, I'm playing on KR to get an idea of how the game world works. I realize there will be differences, but I hope some of these questions can still be answered.

1) I'm confused about node connecting. I understand the concept and I've learned how to acquire node connections from NPC's who are in line, but what I don't understand is how to claim the resource nodes out in the field. I go to them and they appear to be connected, but there are no NPCs there. What am I supposed to do to claim those?

You need workers. You need to buy lodging in a town, and then hire a worker (In Velia its Santo something or other you hire them from). You can then assign the workers there, I believe.

2) Is there any way to eliminate all of the onscreen hotbutton "help"? I find it very intrusive and immersion breaking and it is so in your face. I couldn't find a switch to turn it off.

Check UI settings, might be able to turn it off there. Its not in settings itself, its its own thing.

3) I understand that I need to quest to get contribution points. But how do you find quests? I talk to every NPC I see, is that the only way to do this, just hit and miss, or is there a way to know where the quests are. I guess I could visit spoiler sites, but I'd rather know if there is a UI mechanic to help spot them.

If the person has a box with a picture over their head - not the usual chatting/node etc boxes, but a picture... like of wolves, or another npc, they have a quest. Make sure your quest settings in your quest log are set to all - if it isnt you cant accept quests.. like, if I have just combat selected there, I cant accept farming quests. They wont show.

4) I was under the impression that I would get a mount quest at some point just following my Black Spirit. I'm at level 18 now and still no mount. How do I acquire a mount?

Black spirit quests should get you a donkey soon. Ride that ass around until you reach training level 5. Then get lassos and make sugar, and go out and find yourself a horse to tame!

Or, alternatively, buy one from the horse market.

Thanks! Great game, hope to see you all in NA on the 18th! My wife and I took days off for the 18th and 19th, so we are ready to dive in.

<3

2 people like this

Posted

Person above me answered all the other stuff, but you can buy a horse emblem from a stable manager and trade it in for a tier 1 horse, it's fairly cheap and will get you where you need to go.

Posted (edited)

I also dove in KR to get a feel for it.  There's a lot of things to pick up, so I'm kind of glad to check it out even before CBT, so that I can test other things vs. trying to learn the whole game.  It's been only 3 days but here are my answers:

1)  You first need to find the node NPC at that location.  It can be a person or it can even be a statue... but they're usually the only NPCs in that area marked.  You have to be physically there to put contribution points on that node.  Once you do, you also have to be physically there to put contribution points on the resources on that node.  You can retrieve the node at any time without having to be physically there (as long as no workers are working), but you do need to be there in order to claim it.  Sometimes you need energy to talk to the node NPC or have to talk to all the other NPCs on that node in order to progress.

2) Are you talking about the videos that pop up in the beginning?  Just click the x when they pop up and they ask you sometime later if you want to turn off the help altogether.  I think it was on my 3rd video when I got that option.  I'll have to check the settings to see if you can turn it off from the beginning.

3) As stated before, you will usually see a small picture highlighted yellow, if it's available.  It'll turn blue if you take the quest and then it'll eventually turn red with a check mark when you complete it.  You can also find quests on the minimap marked by the "!"

4) What I noticed was that black spirit quests are sometimes situational and have to talk to talk to certain NPCs to get it going.  For that mount quest, you have to talk to the Town Chief(?) of that first fishing town. You may have to do some of his earlier quests to gain more rep with that guy.  It should be a quest called "Frog in a well" or whatever the english translation is.  Once you do get the mount, ride it until you get your riding skill to level 5... then you can either buy the lasso to tame horses or take the horse taming quest by increasing the rep with the horse NPC.  He'll give you the recipe for the sugar and give you a few lassos as well. 

Not sure how you can find me on friend list, but send me your family name or character name. My family name is "Livindor." I've been just exploring and figuring out the game myself so far and it's been a blast.   It had a steep learning curve, but I think I'm understanding most of it and need to put a little more time into it.  I'm trying all the classes and spending some time to figure out the nodes, crafting, horse mating, and so on before CBT.

Edited by SizzFlair

Posted

There's a youtuber who has uploaded tutorial videos on almost everything related to BDO, save for enchanting. He's also covered basic class guides.
The channel is here - https://www.youtube.com/user/Domeran/videos

His videos include:
- Horse taming, breeding
- Housing, workers, nodes
- Leveling, progressing
- Trading, commerce
- Guilds, PvP, WBs
- Gear, enchanting, socketing, upgrading

Hope these help :)

Posted

Thanks, guys, great tips.

I figured out most of it now after a couple of days of play. Not having been in CBT1, I knew absolutely nothing about the game until very recently other than that it was another Korean MMO.

@SizzFlair, not the videos, I know how to turn those off. I meant the actual keyboard shortcuts and overlays that are right in the middle of the screen. I finally figured out how to turn those off. One of the icons that comes up when you hit ESC is "Edit UI" and that's what I needed. Nice to be able to just turn off various things that just get in the way during this initial period of exploration. My family name in KR is "SpecialOps" (EVERY name I usually use was taken, ouch). Say hi if you see me.

I'll go back to that fishing town and see if I can pick up some early Black Spirit there, thanks for that tip, hadn't thought about him being so situational.

Yep, I'm having a blast too. This is going to be hella fun in English heh.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0