• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sorcs needs to be nerfed.

Dark Flame   226 votes

1. 1. no guard on cd on darkflame

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

108 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is Redchicken in Edan Server < Prey > Guild. My level is 57.
I don't like the fact that noob Sorcs thinking that they are good just because they can beat almost anyone
even if they just use iframe and dark flame.
I want my class to be balanced. Right now, among with ranger and horse witch, Sorcs are too overpowered while
melee classes such as warriors and zerkers are too underpowered.

I think dark flame needs to be nerfed.
It does not have cool down ( it does but you can still use it)
FRONTAL GUARD EVEN WHEN IT'S ON COOLDOWN. <-- this is the problem.
the damage of this skill is really high and it also has frontal guard that can be spammed whenever.
This is like warrior using Dusk without cd.
It makes me sick when the noob Sorcs just use iframe and dark flame and able to kill other classes easily.
Right now, Sorc has really low skill cap and still can be OP. It has high skill cap celiing but doesn't have to
practice hard to reach that becuase we don't have to.

Please nerf dark flame so that it would not have frontal guard when it's on cd.

I want my class to be balanced.

Thank you

2016-05-31_132586475.thumb.JPG.933ce6918

Edited by RedChicken
21 people like this

Posted (edited)

Redchicken, Sorcs, iframe, zerkers, Sorcs, nerfed, GUARD, Sorcs, iframe, Sorc, ceiling, becuase, NERF.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by MindBlowing

Posted

that 1 vote on No must be noob sorc who wants to keep spam dark flame

2 people like this

Posted

I want my class to be balanced.

Look, another account who's only contribution to the community is this one post. @CM_Jouska lock this thread or combine all these Sorcerer threads into one please. Preferably in the Sorc sub forum.

Posted

Sorcs are balanced. The reason noob sorcs win while spamming DF is because they're either overgeared, or playing against someone who has no idea what they are doing (shotgun anyone?). At an equal gear level for example, an noob sorc will be absolutely destroyed by Valks and Warriors who know how to grapple. A valk alone, with decent gear and knowledge of her DOWN attack burst combos, is FAR more threatening, and capable of decimating all who come near her.

The rest is a skill matchup. Sorcs who know how to CC from a distance, utilize stuns, stiffles, and air attakcs will tend to succeed if they gauge their stamina and play well, but many people forget how much work it takes to get there, and how at that point, many people playing other classes will have equally threatening skillsets. Ever been killed by a wizard or ranger off-screen for example?

All classes have their pros and cons. Do sorcs have a decent introductory difficulty? Yes. Of course, but the only reason people complain about Sorcs over Wizards or Rangers at this tier is because people at that tier generally forget how to bait out a sorcs stamina, and do not have the mobility to compensate for their own weaknesses.

Furthermore, the shield on Dark Flame isn't even that great, it's essential- but it's no great wall of china. Grapples can go through it, and from what I understand so can other forms of CC including freezes. If a noob sorc is fighting you, and you die to something so simple to counter (especially on a highly mobile class like warrior), then I'm sorry- but you really do need to GIT GUD.

P.S. Sorc doesn't have infinite invincibility frames. Even a half decent Warrior/Valk can nail a Sorc into a chain-stun combo by timing a spear into the end of her blinks.

5 people like this

Posted

@hitsuno lol this is coming from level 57 who also have 1+ year experience in KR server too.

Do you play Sorc better than him?

2 people like this

Posted

@hitsuno lol this is coming from level 57 who also have 1+ year experience in KR server too.

Do you play Sorc better than him?

Does it matter?

The fact that he's playing a class he has professional experience with on a server with a vast majority of people who do not- in a position of very good gear and exp, only seeks to reinforce my point that sorcs are fine. The greater issue running amok here is the gear system.

Ask a ranger who has 1+ experience on the KR server and similar gear, ask a warrior, a wizard- you choose. I'm sure the answers will vary.

Posted

Look, another account who's only contribution to the community is this one post. @CM_Jouska lock this thread or combine all these Sorcerer threads into one please. Preferably in the Sorc sub forum.

Oh look ... You have nothing better to do than follow the forum .. Sorc that boring for you ... Point Proven.

1 person likes this

Posted

The question I have is why do any classes have guard on any of their attacks? That's like training wheels on bikes.

Posted

I'm not even going to waste my time voting since we know how class balancing will go. It won't be much different so can we move on to new threads.

Posted

Oh look ... You have nothing better to do than follow the forum .. Sorc that boring for you ... Point Proven.

How exactly does your incorrect assumption prove anything? You add so much to this community we'd all be lost without you. Please keep posting your valuable insights.

Posted (edited)

How exactly does your incorrect assumption prove anything? You add so much to this community we'd all be lost without you. Please keep posting your valuable insights.

What are you even Waffling about ... Your replying to your own things .... Maybe something beneficial would help ? 

You come across as a very Young player, if you matured a little this would be a better Conversation.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted

watch out! here comes the Weebs! they're going to defend and say how their -----ing class actually takes "skill" cuz they spend their whole day playing while staring at their character's asshole.

GJ Daum. You've officially fostered another Tera-esque weeb community here. Can't wait for the next 5 classes that are female only.

The question I have is why do any classes have guard on any of their attacks? That's like training wheels on bikes.

warriors have block on some skills but doesnt have any iframes at all. does it make them OP? 

I say you either have iframes or you have block. YOU CANT -----ING HAVE BOTH.

Posted (edited)

some abilities require the guard on them so that they function properly. Example, imagine a warrior who didn't have active guard during shield charge, that would make literally no sense. Almost every ability with guard on it has had careful consideration as to why it should have guard.

Dark Flame getting guard was part of the buffs they gave Sorc to drag it out of the dumpster tier of classes, problem is they buffed too many things at once and made it the single best non-awakened class in 1v1 combat in the game. The time has come to tweak the kit again and remove dark flame's block, this will fix the class in its entirety. Dark Flame having guard on it completely destroys the point and reason of playing any of the other melee DPS classes, as none of them can dish out the same amount of burst while being almost completely safe from harm.

For very obvious balance reasons, dark flame block has to go.

Edited by Biggians

Posted

OP makes a valid point. 

Posted

watch out! here comes the Weebs! they're going to defend and say how their -----ing class actually takes "skill" cuz they spend their whole day playing while staring at their character's asshole.

GJ Daum. You've officially fostered another Tera-esque weeb community here. Can't wait for the next 5 classes that are female only.

warriors have block on some skills but doesnt have any iframes at all. does it make them OP? 
I say you either have iframes or you have block. YOU CANT -----ING HAVE BOTH.

I agree, but its not just Sorc that has this. Blader is same in principle, he has iframe, super armour, block on attack. I think upcoming Ninja will be same too?

Posted (edited)

I agree, but its not just Sorc that has this. Blader is same in principle, he has iframe, super armour, block on attack. I think upcoming Ninja will be same too?

Blader doesn't have block on attack, no idea where you're getting that from. IF you hit them when they're guarding, they have a retaliation strike on something like a 30s cooldown, but that's it AFAIK.

Ninja also has lots of iframes, but the bulk of their DPS rotation does not have guard.

Edited by Biggians

Posted

I agree, but its not just Sorc that has this. Blader is same in principle, he has iframe, super armour, block on attack. I think upcoming Ninja will be same too?

Ninja is worse, the 2 classes that come from it (ninja and kunochi) were made to compete WITH Awakening weapons .. Without them as competition they will rule over all in this Version.

Posted

Right now, Sorc has really low skill cap and still can be OP. It has high skill cap celiing

Right now, Sorc has really low skill cap and still can be OP. It has high skill cap celiing

It has high skill cap celiing

Sorc has really low skill cap

still can be OP.

ITS SKILL FLOOR YOU DEGENERATE

Posted

Ninja is worse, the 2 classes that come from it (ninja and kunochi) were made to compete WITH Awakening weapons .. Without them as competition they will rule over all in this Version.

That's not accurate at all. The classes don't compete well at all with awakening weapons. Look how insanely geared this ninja is, yet he maybe kills 4 people in the entire video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUEQaSTj7Xo

Posted

some abilities require the guard on them so that they function properly. Example, imagine a warrior who didn't have active guard during shield charge, that would make literally no sense. Almost every ability with guard on it has had careful consideration as to why it should have guard.

Dark Flame getting guard was part of the buffs they gave Sorc to drag it out of the dumpster tier of classes, problem is they buffed too many things at once and made it the single best non-awakened class in 1v1 combat in the game. The time has come to tweak the kit again and remove dark flame's block, this will fix the class in its entirety. Dark Flame having guard on it completely destroys the point and reason of playing any of the other melee DPS classes, as none of them can dish out the same amount of burst while being almost completely safe from harm.

For very obvious balance reasons, dark flame block has to go.

I'm fine with having block on mobility skills, such as in your example Shield Charge. Its not quite as good as having an iframe on it though.

A more comparable skill would be Scars Of Dusk as Warriors can block while attacking with this. One reason why this is balanced is that it is a slow wind up and a pretty long animation. It is also not spammable. In addition to this, one of the perks of the class is that he has blocks instead of iframes, so why do classes that have iframes also need to block on attack?

Blader doesn't have block on attack, no idea where you're getting that from. IF you hit them when they're guarding, they have a retaliation strike on something like a 30s cooldown, but that's it AFAIK.

Ninja also has lots of iframes, but the bulk of their DPS rotation does not have guard.

I get a BLOCKED pop up on my screen when I try to CC them out of certain skills. It may be just the one skill .. Red Moon or something... can't even grab them out of it because 9 times out of 10 I land on my ass for trying.

Posted

What are you even Waffling about ... Your replying to your own things .... Maybe something beneficial would help ? 

You come across as a very Young player, if you matured a little this would be a better Conversation.

Huh? I posted stating to merge similar threads like these. You posted focusing on me. Someone has a crush. It's so cute, adorable, and yet disgusting.

Posted (edited)

Huh? I posted stating to merge similar threads like these. You posted focusing on me. Someone has a crush. It's so cute, adorable, and yet disgusting.

Ahh yes .. I wonder who it was that went through "My activity" section and replied to everything ... You bore me now. Do you run Notepad with posts you can copy and paste .. Anyway zzz.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted

Here is a video of a warrior that wipes the floor with every sorceress he meets.

No one in Pearl Abyss is interested in your feedback.

I'm glad you posted that video. But players here like to see videos of someone winning and then scream for that class to be nerfed. I feel bad for all those Warriors now. 

Posted

I Feel like the difference between chase and tp is that you dont know where a sorc will be next when it TP's. But you can clearly see where the blader will be once out of iframe.