• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why don't crafted items always sell for a profit?

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can't make sense of any of this shit, seems like the tax ruins all profit on everything I process to potentially sell. I was starting the process of making Grade 3 Reform stones, I thought it would nice to sell them since they rare in market but all the effort, energy and time needed, it's not worth doing, so just gonna make them for myself for when 10+shard = guaranteed Ultimate.

Well then either your math, on them is wrong.... or your Processing / Harvesting / Alchemy levels are too low as well as possibly only having "Beginner" Heating knowledge which also contributes to average only a 1:1 or 1:1-1/2 output ratio of extremely high demand low supply materials.   Where as I'm definitely making an RNG based profit on them.  All of my investment in these ReformStones is mostly Sunk-Cost converted from Energy I'm not doing much with.  But it's important to keep in mind that energy doesn't Deplete from my Main as quickly as it does from other players who've only been grinding mobs the last few months b/c I have expenditure discounts in every action I take along with a little stable of Alts who've also got Skilled or better proficiency along with superior Equipment like enhanced Clothing and time-saving potions/food. (most of which I accrue simply by doing the daily Contribution quests)

ALL of these factors have to be accounted for and are part of the reason you can't just make simple Opportunity-Cost spreadsheets like other Games' systems allow for or based on what the average player has access to in their daily harvesting & processing routines.  And I hear that at Master & Guru levels in KR that some characters can almost regen energy nearly as quickly as they can spend it.

...knowing the map also helps.  If you don't know where the platinum nodes are then you couldn't possibly hope to even make a time-factored profit off Reforms since even with the price capped, the low supply of Platinum makes it impossible to be competitive without mining your own

Edit:  case in point @ Artisan proc:  started with 50 iron ore, made 12 Steel out of it.  That's a 1:1 ratio of 300 ore (300 / 5 / 5) or a 1:2 ratio of 150 ore.  

Edited by iller

Posted

Seems to me that the simple solution would be to let the pricing of crafted items float with the prices of the components. So if the widget you are crafting needs a gizmo that sells for between 20 and 40 silver and a thingamajig that sells for 100-200 silver, then the Widget should sell for between 120 and 240. And as the components prices rise, the crafted item should also rise.

I agree. They need to make one end of the production chain entirely free market. Either remove the min and max limits on the items that can't be crafted into something else (pickaxes, fishing boats, etc) or remove the min max on raw, gathered materials--at least the ones that can only be obtained through the gathering profession--and then adjust everything up the processing and production chain based on that. 

Posted

Simple reason is that an intermediate cooking utensil is something that is in very low demand. This is because you can buy the basic one from the NPC for only 1k and it only has 1/5 durability compared to an intermediate one.

Try crafting something that are in very high demand.  Even fishing boats sell for a very nice profit with a very high processing level, I only need about 100 energy to process enough for one boat. There are other items that need much less energy for even more profit.  

Posted

I like the market as it is now but you need to know what to produce

and some price are weirdly capped

I am almost the only one producing swiftness blue gem on my server (i am exaggeration but we are really few) i grow my own wheat and get fruit of sun the swiftness green gem go for 5260 silver (minimum price of gem) then you can add another gem (again 5260) then the fruit of sun (better if you grow it yourself) and then couple of other easy material to gather

each blue gem go in 30 minuts max and always at highest price 300.000 silver it's been like tihs for 2 weeks and the max price never incresed

i think there is an hard cap on certain type of thing and 300.000 silver is the cap for blue crafted gem

other gem that go always for 300.000 but slower (even because they are more rare and people don't really look for them) are the precision one yellow i do as many as i can but the green base material is rare too the precision yellow gem (green grade) sell for the max 7126 silver that i guess is the cap and is very very rarely available 

I could go on with the example of hard cap and things that are worth to produce and go quickly

don't let me start on milk tea the price range from 9000-13000 (if you are very lucky 14000) very easy to produce (a bit energy heavy because of the milk) but always sell in 2-4 hours and you can easily grow/gather all the material yourself

market is what it is you need to know it and what to produce to make money out of it if you produce only easy stuff they don't sell because everybody can produce them as well as they are easy.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0