• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I Created A Free Windows App That Helps You Enchant Gear/Failstack Efficiently- More Features Coming Soon!

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Application is called Black Desert Tools:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/black-desert-tools/9nblggh4wq2q

As of now, the app has 2 features:

Fail stack probability checker

The Fail stack probability checker tells you the probability that you will reach a given amount of failstacks without resetting to 0, based on the enchant level of gear you're using to failstack.

Fail stack optimizer

The fail stack optimizer determines the ideal amount of failstacks to use when enchanting an accessory or weapon. The amount of fail stacks recommended is based on a complex algorithm that involves the cost of the accessory you're enchanting(it's base price at +0), and the cost of obtaining failstacks via blackstones.

Ultimately, it figures out the point at which generating more failstacks provides less value in terms of increased enchant success rate than the average cost of reaching that many fail stacks.

The calculation assumes that you're failstacking on a piece of +14 armor with minimal repair fees such as reblath, and a piece of DUO throwaway armor.

I'm aware that in some cases it can be slightly cheaper if you use junk accessories for the first 3-5 failstacks, and I'm considering implementing that option in a future patch.

Factors to consider:

• the fail stack optimizer will never recommend more fail stacks than the cap for a given enchant(25 PRI, 35 DUO, etc)

• If an item is considered priceless to you in that it isn't available on the market(IE Ogre Ring), I'd recommend using the maximum failstacks for that level.

• Price of the accessory you enter should be what the accessory is worth at +0, not what its current worth is. The algorithm accounts for its true value when enchanted to the level before what you're going for.

Future Planned Additions:

• Interactive map. Possibly have a node simulator, as well as the ability to mark the map with important points of interests you want to remember.

FAQ:

What data does the application use to determine probability?

http://i.imgur.com/G7Aw641.png

This graph is frequently referenced by the community and generally believed to be accurate, and is allegedly sourced from someone that data mined the client.

What is Black Desert Tools Programmed In?

The program is Written in C# using the UWP framework.

Why use a Windows 10 UWP format instead of EXE?

• EXE requires a lot more work to achieve the same quality user interface. UI elements such as buttons need to be coded by hand unless I use a framework such as QT.

• By distributing it as a UWP application on the Windows Store I can guarantee to users that it is virus free. Microsoft will not approve malware to their store. Most download sites like Sourceforge are filled with malware nowadays too, so distributing an exe file is difficult.

If I made it as a standard C++ application, it would still be text based, which isn't very user friendly.

What if I use Windows 7 and don't want to upgrade for free to 10?

I'm planning on porting the application to Android, so if you have an Android phone, you can use that instead

I'll answer any questions in this topic as well as listen to any feedback!

Edited by Skilliard
11 people like this

Posted

These are all nice tools you've been making dude, thanks. 

Posted

Many thanks for your effort!

Posted

I recently discovered a small bug that resulted in slightly less failstacks being recommended than is optimal. A fix has been submitted to Microsoft and should be available within the next couple days.

Posted

I have no clue how to use this tool.. Maybe its cause i dont understand failstacks or something but.. I want to see my chances of getting a DUO bares belt for example..

or is this only for gear? 

Posted (edited)

I have no clue how to use this tool.. Maybe its cause i dont understand failstacks or something but.. I want to see my chances of getting a DUO bares belt for example..

or is this only for gear? 

Each time you fail an enchant, you gain a "failstack" that increases your chances of success. Your failstack counter resets to 0 after a successful enchant.

Because of this system, people try to enchant +14 reblath gear with the intention of failing, for the purpose of increasing their fail stack counter. They try to get their fail stack counter to a high amount like 20 before enchanting their valuable accessories, so that the accessories are less likely to fail.

The purpose of the "Determine ideal amount of failstacks" is to tell you how many fail stacks you should try to attain before enchanting your accessory based on the info your input.

The other feature, calculate probabiliy of reaching failstacks, calculates the probability that you will reach a given amount of failstacks(ie20), when enchanting a piece of gear.

It sounds to me like you just want  a feature that tells you the chance of your enchant succeeding. If there's enough interest, I can make another calculator that tells you the odds of your enchant succeeding with a given number of failstacks. I already have the calculations written for it, I just thought it wasn't something people were interested in.

In the meantime, refer to this chart, as its the data the app uses:

http://imgur.com/G7Aw641

According to the chart, for a DUO bares belt, you have a 7.5% chance of succeeding, +0.75% per fail stack, for a maximum of a 33.75% chance with 35 fail stacks.

Edited by Skilliard

Posted

Now that memory fragments are starting to become more expensive, and people are beginning to enchant stuff such as boss armor and Liverto weapons more, I am considering working on functionality to help you determine the optimal amount of failstacks for enchanting valuable weapons that require fragments to repair.

Posted

The Fail stack probability checker tells you the probability that you will reach a given amount of failstacks without resetting to 0, based on the enchant level of gear you're using to failstack.

Fail stack optimizer

The fail stack optimizer determines the ideal amount of failstacks to use when enchanting an accessory. The amount of fail stacks recommended is based on a complex algorithm that involves the cost of the accessory you're enchanting(it's base price at +0), and the cost of obtaining failstacks via blackstones.

Ultimately, it figures out the point at which generating more failstacks provides less value in terms of increased enchant success rate than the average cost of reaching that many fail stacks.

The calculation assumes that you're failstacking on a piece of +14 armor with minimal repair fees such as reblath.

I'm aware that in some cases it can be slightly cheaper if you use junk accessories for the first 3-5 failstacks, and I'm considering implementing that option in a future patch.

Factors to consider:

• the fail stack optimizer will never recommend more fail stacks than the cap for a given enchant(25 PRI, 35 DUO, etc)

• If an item is considered priceless to you in that it isn't available on the market(IE Ogre Ring), I'd recommend using the maximum failstacks for that level.

• Price of the accessory you enter should be what the accessory is worth at +0, not what its current worth is. The algorithm accounts for its true value when enchanted to the level before what you're going for.

• Interactive map. Possibly have a node simulator, as well as the ability to mark the map with important points of interests you want to remember.

• Fail stack optimizer for +16-20(can't start development until I have the details on how the NA/EU enchanting will work)

FAQ:

This graph is frequently referenced by the community and generally believed to be accurate, and is allegedly sourced from someone that data mined the client.

• EXE requires a lot more work to achieve the same quality user interface. UI elements such as buttons need to be coded by hand unless I use a framework such as QT.

• By distributing it as a UWP application on the Windows Store I can guarantee to users that it is virus free. Microsoft will not approve malware to their store. Most download sites like Sourceforge are filled with malware nowadays too, so distributing an exe file is difficult.

If I made it as a standard C++ application, it would still be text based, which isn't very user friendly.

I'm planning on porting the application to Android, so if you have an Android phone, you can use that instead

Man can you tell me how can you count the propability for Failstacking? And where do you know that 25Pri 35Duo 44Tri is correct? When noone has confirmed the table? So maybe for Pri you can use 25+ failstacks and the enchant rate is increasing. The Korean table for failstacks has never been confirmed.

giphy.gif

Posted

Well done on making it UWP. I tend to prefer tools on my Phone 

It works,

Now that memory fragments are starting to become more expensive, and people are beginning to enchant stuff such as boss armor and Liverto weapons more, I am considering working on functionality to help you determine the optimal amount of failstacks for enchanting valuable weapons that require fragments to repair.

You should, its always nice to have a APP with such available for Windows. Keep up the work.

Posted

App updated with improved accuracy when enchanting TRI, TET, and PEN accessories.

Posted (edited)

Hello all. It's been a while since I'm updated it because I was busy with college. Since I'm on break now, I've made solid progress on a HUGE update. You can expect the following in the next update:

- Calculator now accounts for the ability to failstack off of DUO armor

- Ability to determine optimal failstacks for enhancing weapons PRI through PEN.

- Ability to determine, based on market prices, when it is most optimal to failstack off of accessories, +14 armor, and DUO armor. Tells you when to switch to each method based on current failstacks.

I don't have an exact ETA yet, but I hope to have it out by the end of January. 

Edited by Skilliard

Posted

thanks it help a lot

Posted

Could you then please up an Version on Dropbox or something like that?

´Making an Account for only that is annoying.

Posted

Nice tool, just one question: the table is for weapon enchants (100% at +6), why can you use it for armor enchants? Or is it the same after +7?

Posted

"To failstack on +14 armor, buy reblath from a blacksmith and get it to +14. If it goes to +15 while trying to fail stack, simply log onto an alt with negative karma, and die to mobs to lose enchant levels."

can you elaborate on this topic?

Posted

"To failstack on +14 armor, buy reblath from a blacksmith and get it to +14. If it goes to +15 while trying to fail stack, simply log onto an alt with negative karma, and die to mobs to lose enchant levels."

can you elaborate on this topic?

When you die as a pk (negative karma), there is a chance that some (or several) equiped gear piece goes down a degree of enchant. From +15 to +14.

So it's common to have a alter pk character to lvl down crap gear to downlvl gear so you can keep trying to grow failstacks.

In the above example, when you "fail" and the reblath goes up to +15, trade the +15 item to the pk-alter, equip it, get killed till it goes to +14 again and try again to build the failstack.

Posted

I'm a programmer myself. I just want to point out that you don't need Qt to make a decent UI. If you're using C# like you said, you could simply just use Visual Studio and the .NET Framework to design your UI with that. Known as "Visual C#" already comes with a pretty extensive GUI editor. Frameworks like Qt are typically for more complicated UI designs. What I suggested would work just fine with this.

On another note, the UI has no consideration for window size (Make it scale or lock the size) and wastes a lot of screen space for what it offers.

Not trying to insult you, just providing information and feedback you might be able to use in the future :)

Posted

Fail stack optimizer

The fail stack optimizer determines the ideal amount of failstacks to use when enchanting an accessory or weapon. The amount of fail stacks recommended is based on a complex algorithm that involves the cost of the accessory you're enchanting(it's base price at +0), and the cost of obtaining failstacks via blackstones.

The calculation assumes that you're failstacking on a piece of +14 armor with minimal repair fees such as reblath, and a piece of DUO throwaway armor.

Factors to consider:

FAQ:

If you make a discord app for android for EU/NA, i will buy it :D

Posted

If you make a discord app for android for EU/NA, i will buy it :D

What exactly is a discord app and what would it do? I've considered porting this app to android but I wanna wait until this semester is over

Posted

Anyone have any requests?

Posted

^yes! can you check to make sure the enhance rates havent changed since Wednesdays patch? xD 

1 person likes this