• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Which is the best strategy for someone who wants to concentrate on Professions?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

a]  start these as soon as you reach velia and ignore the combat quests. Doing only profession quests from here on and accepting the level-gate to gathering will unlock very slowly.

OR

b] level via combat/quests to unlock more map and remove the level-gate to gathering.  Then start professions. (basically grinding to unlock map and ability to access all gathering spots)

I have been going with version a but I'm wondering if it's the better route or not? I would value the advice of those who already progressed their professions.  Thanks

Posted

Don't know the best strategy, but I decided to have one "mixed combat/proffesion" main character, that I levelled up to 50 to unlock most of the map, build up energy and contribution points. After that I created alts that I use for different purposes. One alt is purely for afk fishing so he can not be killed, but the other alts are more for energy dumps and gathering + I also enjoy trying/playing different classes.

So I basically did a mix of a) and b) and just took my time.

Posted

at the moment any life quest that really matters is blocked (30+ black spirit's quests) ...maybe tomorrrow with patch but we dont know now as usual so imho a) is not good now. Also consider that all combat black spirit's quests give you bag slots that unless you wanna buy with cash in shop are for free and need.

what you need  is not a nor b (but in this moment for you is more useful imho) but is KNOWLEDGE and after CONTRIBUTION POINTS. I have 383/303 my goal is to go to 400. Contribution cap at 301 and after go up superslowly (no need to hurry to get 301 as go up after imho). Knowledge is FUNDAMENTAL for what you want to do so topography-node managers-characters-ocean is a must to do and after also the rest. Higher knowledge more energy for all family so more professions power.

First of all create all alts that you can with all slots and think about what you like to do.

My main character is ranked and artisan in all professions but focus mainly on gather and alkemy

alt need to be at least apprentice 5 in gathering to be good in professions (expecially process) and the goal is to have a professional

1 only for farm

1 only for fish

1 only for train-trade

1 only for gathering

1 only for processing

1 only for beer-cook assistant

1 only for alchemy assistant-F1 knowledge-water

remember 80% of materials will come from workers

remember also if you choose this way that you will never be repayed by efforts you will do and you 'll do just for fun but no "glory"...in the time you craft a fishing boat a simple autistic grinder killing mobs makes millions only with junk tokens (not to mention rare loot or world bosses loot) while you in the best way 800k silver (i dont sell anymore this kind of stuff)

have a good time and gl

Posted

Ok so better to have alts for the different professions?   In that case which class would be best/easiest time for gathering?  Accessing places with mobs to gather without getting killed? It would be great if you could also explain why you suggest that class.  Thanks :)

Posted

Ok so better to have alts for the different professions?   In that case which class would be best/easiest time for gathering?  Accessing places with mobs to gather without getting killed? It would be great if you could also explain why you suggest that class.  Thanks :)

alt using kinda depends. Some players use it to process basic materials for your main crafter, others use them to simply provide energy potions to the main char and others again use it to provide beer/farm alts, once again to provide the main char.

Of course you could try and do different professions with your alts, however that is not efficient as you only gain 2 energy/ per hour if that character isnt logged in.

Posted

There's no perfect strategy but the one you make by playing.

I'm already level 40 and I want to make a stop and continue crafting, although I need Bloody Tree Knot, I can continue doing crafting and harvesting enough before I continue leveling, it's your pace you must choose yourself.

Posted (edited)

One thing I have noticed is that if you unlock an ability on one character( making ingots etc from Heidel Quest, reaching gathering skilled 5 for the spirit leaves and old tree bark) that ability is tranferred to all characters, the difference between amounts gathered remains though (ie at prof you gather 3-4 items, skilled 2 items)

So having a 'questing/combat' main and profession alts is a good idea. Also having the 'main' level fishing and gathering is a good idea as the fishing doesn't burn energy (and gives relatively good exp, my non questing fisher is lv 31 75% from fishing alone) and you can gather open world nodes in tougher areas which nets you rare ores and gems etc.

The other issue is bank space, I had to move my chef to Heidel and have my alchemist based in Velia. You need ALOT of bank slots for alchemy...

Oh and for bloody tree knot - these can be gathered by workers in Mansha forest if you can stretch your cont points that far at your level. I have yet to get one from tree chopping but not yet proff 5 which is when I assume they start entering the drop tables from open world harvesting.

Oh and one other tip for alchemists/gatherers - Olvia dailies loads of profession exp. Even some nice processing exp to be had too and boot loads on cont exp.

Edited by Vanash

Posted

Don't know the best strategy, but I decided to have one "mixed combat/proffesion" main character, that I levelled up to 50 to unlock most of the map, build up energy and contribution points. After that I created alts that I use for different purposes. One alt is purely for afk fishing so he can not be killed, but the other alts are more for energy dumps and gathering + I also enjoy trying/playing different classes.

So I basically did a mix of a) and b) and just took my time.

This is the way to go.

Do as many quests as you can to increase your number of contribution points in order to setup work nodes. Once you have your workers gathering resources for you, you can get your life skills up easily.

Posted

Well ... My Main is Artisan 6 Gathering, Master 2 Processing, Artisan 2 Cooking and Artisan 4 Alchemy. I have 8 Alts of which 6 are at least prof 1 in processing, 2 are prof 1 in cooking. My Energy is at 214, Contribution at 270. 

If you want to start being a crafter, you need to max out your contribution and energy. You need to connect all important Nodes and send workers there to gather key ressources like Trace of Savagery or Trace of Earth. My main income is due to processing and alchemy. I create stuff for my workers so they produces other stuff. (Yea, a bit vague xD) 

But I would suggest to you to do all the daylies in Olvia, the hidden ones as well (You need to unlock them via amity). To do the alchemy and cooking daylies you need to be at least apprentice 1, they are the most porfitable out there. There are 4 main daylies for gathering around Velia, i suggest to do them as well, especially in the beginning. 

Your goal to be efficient in crafting would be Prof 10 in Gathering, Prof 1 Processing (Artisan is better ofc) and Prof 1 Alchemy. 

This is ofc my way of playing and just the way I think is the most efficient. I dont even know if thast what you were asking for, but if there are any questions, I am happy to help. 

1 person likes this

Posted

best strategy to go about would be to make a 'Main' to level beyond 50 and farm as muc Contribution and knowledge as possible.

THen make alts for professions.

One for fishing/Trading

One for gathering

One for processing

one for alchemy/cooking

Remember to buy a bed and put it in a house to recover energy quicker

Posted

Well ... My Main is Artisan 6 Gathering, Master 2 Processing, Artisan 2 Cooking and Artisan 4 Alchemy. I have 8 Alts of which 6 are at least prof 1 in processing, 2 are prof 1 in cooking. My Energy is at 214, Contribution at 270. 

If you want to start being a crafter, you need to max out your contribution and energy. You need to connect all important Nodes and send workers there to gather key ressources like Trace of Savagery or Trace of Earth. My main income is due to processing and alchemy. I create stuff for my workers so they produces other stuff. (Yea, a bit vague xD) 

But I would suggest to you to do all the daylies in Olvia, the hidden ones as well (You need to unlock them via amity). To do the alchemy and cooking daylies you need to be at least apprentice 1, they are the most porfitable out there. There are 4 main daylies for gathering around Velia, i suggest to do them as well, especially in the beginning. 

Your goal to be efficient in crafting would be Prof 10 in Gathering, Prof 1 Processing (Artisan is better ofc) and Prof 1 Alchemy. 

This is ofc my way of playing and just the way I think is the most efficient. I dont even know if thast what you were asking for, but if there are any questions, I am happy to help. 

This is definitely really similar to what I've done and do.

Quest to win slowly, have all life skills on main, have max character slots and use all your alts to craft alchemy reagents en masse, occasionally heating fleece for +3 and above alchemy costume.

231 energy

1/276 contribution atm so around the same spot but yeah, I focus on cooking to save costs, until Imperial Cooking, so zero cooking to sell. To be as efficient as you can for as much progress as possible, with as little time spent as possible I do the strategy where you have one character which you enjoy playing, your main, all pertinent life-skills are here at a high level too; so gathering, processing, alchemy, cooking, farming and hunting.

Alts? Very important as they're basically extra workers, but better; you want around 7 alts doing two things only; heating costume materials & crafting alchemy reagents, as you're going to go through thousands and thousands of these, eventually you can start using the alts to craft Clown's Blood and after maybe a month you should have 7 alts all at professional alchemy + processing while your main is artisan to master in all the main skills, excluding hunting.

Stock up Platinum Ingot for Artisan Musket crafting so you can get a +10;

fbc400df021e4f10b952f25e4742772f.png