• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why IP block?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I am from India and  a lot of Indian play MMORPG, I am confused about Daum Europe act like where they get License they allow to play and rest countries are IP block but why? I can understand RU, cause they already have their own Game, but why All the world. There is a lot of countries, they don't even care about license system. Like in India if you are selling Physical copy or setting up a server then you need an approval from authorities for sale. Another thing why Daum block IP by their own when they are not installing servers in every country, this is a nation's headache what to allow or not to their citizen, if content are not allowed in specific country then country restrict access not company.

*** Sorry abt my English

2 people like this

Posted

As you said yourself. YOU are from India! the reason for ip block is because this is eu/na  is India located there? no. why people from different continents take the resources that can support the eu/na?  why not join the jp/kr servers or idk

Posted (edited)

As you said yourself. YOU are from India! the reason for ip block is because this is eu/na  is India located there? no. why people from different continents take the resources that can support the eu/na?  why not join the jp/kr servers or idk

In every online games (except dedicated server) we use EU server. I am not saying open IP for India, I am just stating license process and like here other country also treat online service same.

Edited by Jaad
2 people like this

Posted

Because most other online games don't have IP blocks. The IP block id due to Pearl Abyss not wanting to sell/rent the required licences to DAUM.

As ggeorgg said, NA/EU is for NA/EU. Oceania has recently been allowed to play, while Turkey and ex-USSR countries don't have access.

Posted

In every online games (except dedicated server) we use EU server. I am not saying open IP for India, I am just stating license process and like here other country also treat online service same.

dont look at this with the license phrase. Look at this logical. India has one billion people in population. more than eu! and probably na itself. so u guy would need a whole new banch of servers just for u. how would india fit into our servers? i wont speak about maintenance and costs. just with simplicity and logic 

Posted

dont look at this with the license phrase. Look at this logical. India has one billion people in population. more than eu! and probably na itself. so u guy would need a whole new banch of servers just for u. how would india fit into our servers? i wont speak about maintenance and costs. just with simplicity and logic 

I dont understand why you mad from SEA/Middle East players. Peace mate

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont understand why you mad from SEA/Middle East players. Peace mate

jaad i am not mad O.o and the ip block isnt because the world hates you. i try to explain to you their logic behind the ip block. server traffic? lag? bad connections? look it up (latin america wants to join in as well) so you will have at least half the world in eu/na servers. i dont want this. not because i hate you but because too much lag and traffic. 

Posted (edited)

jaad i am not mad O.o and the ip block isnt because the world hates you. i try to explain to you their logic behind the ip block. server traffic? lag? bad connections? look it up (latin america wants to join in as well) so you will have at least half the world in eu/na servers. i dont want this. not because i hate you but because too much lag and traffic. 

From a decade we sharing EU server for almost all online game and according to you BDO Server become unstable when we join in. My recent MMO was Elder Scroll Online and they have only 2 Servers NA and EU and Their EU server cover whole Europe and  Asia (including Russia, Korea and Japan in BDO they have their own server )

Edited by Jaad
1 person likes this

Posted

Why even explain?? People from the blocked area's will never understand the reason anyways :) Go ahead and make another thread with the same exact topic! It's all the forum is lately! Clone threads ..

2 people like this

Posted

Elder Scrolls Online was one of the worst MMOs with one of the worst launches in gaming history. I have never seen a game fail and under-deliver so hard, only Watchdogs comes close but we're comparing apples and oranges. ESO launch had constant server overload, downtime and queues. IN comparison I have been on the BDO RU server since its launch and I haven't seen a more smoother start. Given than Russia is not that much smaller than India i think its a big achievement, given that the MMO and overall gaming community in Russia is huge

Posted

Elder Scrolls Online was one of the worst MMOs with one of the worst launches in gaming history. I have never seen a game fail and under-deliver so hard, only Watchdogs comes close but we're comparing apples and oranges. ESO launch had constant server overload, downtime and queues. IN comparison I have been on the BDO RU server since its launch and I haven't seen a more smoother start. Given than Russia is not that much smaller than India i think its a big achievement, given that the MMO and overall gaming community in Russia is huge

ESO server was for example most of MMO's have 2 servers NA and EU

1 person likes this

Posted

Because most other online games don't have IP blocks. The IP block id due to Pearl Abyss not wanting to sell/rent the required licences to DAUM.

As ggeorgg said, NA/EU is for NA/EU. Oceania has recently been allowed to play, while Turkey and ex-USSR countries don't have access.

Yay~~

Go all burn in hell chekibreki guilds :D  no more cyka blyat for EU

Yes, I opose the chekibrekis ckykablyats because they suk and because they can go RU, they are doing anyways even if they had ip block all people here using VPN already :v

Posted

But how are You going to buy content from the Pearl shop or whatnot. I understand that VPN all the way but I'm wondering how are they going to accept my money and cc details if say im from a ip blocked country

Posted

But how are You going to buy content from the Pearl shop or whatnot. I understand that VPN all the way but I'm wondering how are they going to accept my money and cc details if say im from a ip blocked country

They might accept other payment methods other than just credit card.

I don't know for PayPal, but Skrill and Paysafecard both contain information about the owners country. I know ways in which you might be able to bypass this, but it would be better to not give people wierd ideas.

Posted

PM_Belsazar

•  
  • 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Administrators
  • 17 posts

Posted Friday at 2:13 PM (edited) · Report post

Dear players,

This is a follow-up statement in regards of the thread “Territory of Service”.
As many of you were confused by the ‘vague’ explanation before, we would like to update our post from before as follows with an exact listing of our service territory.

Our Service Territory will consist of:

·         Europe                                                                                

ALAND ISLANDS, ALBANIA, ANDORRA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM,  BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FAROE ISLANDS, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GIBRALTAR, GREECE, GUERNSEY, HOLY SEE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ISLE OF MAN, ITALY, JERSEY, KOSOVO, LIECHTENSTEIN, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA,  MALTA,  MONACO, MONTENEGRO, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, SAN MARINO, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SVALBARD & JAN MAYEN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

Territories under the sovereignty or administration of either of the above mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)

ANGUILLA, ARUBA, BONAIRE,SAINT EUSTATIUS AND SABA, BERMUDA, BOUVET ISLAND, BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY, CAYMAN ISANDS, CURACAO, CYPRUS, FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS), FRENCH GUIANA, FRENCH POLYNESIA, FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES, GREENLAND, GUADELOUPE, MARTINIQUE, MAYOTTE, MONTSERRAT, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, NEW CALEDONIA, SAINT BARTHELEMY, SAINT HELENA, SAINT MARTIN, SAINT PIERRE AND MIQUELON, SINT MAARTEN, SOUTH GEORGIA AND THE SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS

·         North America                                                                   

CANADA, MEXICO, UNITED STATES

Territories under the sovereignty or administration of either of the above mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)

AMERICAN SAMOA, GUAM, MARSHALL ISLANDS, FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA, NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS, PALAU, PUERTO RICO, UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS, VIRGIN ISLANDS

We are also happy to announce that we were able to find an agreement that we can service Australia, New Zealand and surrounding islands considered as part of Oceania.

·         OCEANIA                                                                           

AUSTRALIA, COOK ISLANDS, FIJI, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW ZEALAND, NIUE, NORFOLK ISLAND, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PITCAIRN, SAMOA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TOKELAU, TONGA, TUVALU, VANUATU

All countries not listed above will not be serviced and their IP will be blocked.

Note: Countries that are excluded from EU/NA service due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service:

Also to be blocked: 
RUSSIAN FEDERATION, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, GEORGIA, KATAKHSTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, MOLDOVA, TAJIKISTAN, TURKMENISTAN, UKRAINE AND UZBEKISTAN, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, ESTONIA, TERRITORIES WITH LIMITED STATUS ABKHAZIA AND SOUTH OSSETIA

All territories above are in accordance with the agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss.
For any territory not mentioned above there may be different channels offered in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards

- Black Desert Online Team -

Edited Friday at 3:23 PM by PM_Belsazar
1 person likes this

Posted

I can not understand, why you block Ukraine?

I have many friends in Europe, but there is none in Russia, no one in Armenia, Kazakhstan, etc, so i want play with my friends. In addition, my connection on the Russian server 2 times worse than on any gaming servers in Europe, since I'm much closer to Amsterdam than to Moscow. Besides, you said that based on the geographical position, so you need to know that Ukraine is located in the central part of Eastern Europe at the crossroads of transport routes from Europe to Asia and from the Scandinavian countries in the Mediterranean region - you can read it anywhere, on ever geographical site, in every book! So why!?, why do we have to go to the Russian server !?

In any case, I'd better forget about the Black Desert, than go play on Russian server, seem Daum is not interested in the opinion of the fans of the game. It's a pity...

Posted

im confused. i thought the reason DAUM are IP blocking because ITS NOT UP TO THEM. "All territories above are in accordance with the agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss." So are they just only complaining and not even reading any of the reasons why?

Posted

im confused. i thought the reason DAUM are IP blocking because ITS NOT UP TO THEM. "All territories above are in accordance with the agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss." So are they just only complaining and not even reading any of the reasons why?

Butthurt people being stupid and blind is why they can't seem to understand that it's NOT up to Daum. But hey... apparently this is what we get as a BDO community.. 
I vote for an IQ test when purchasing!

Posted

Butthurt people being stupid and blind is why they can't seem to understand that it's NOT up to Daum. But hey... apparently this is what we get as a BDO community.. I vote for an IQ test when purchasing!

Sigh.. Hatred.

Posted

Sigh.. Hatred.

I'm really afraid of the community we will get though :P 

Posted

Illuminati.gif

THEY DID IT!!!!!

Posted

They might accept other payment methods other than just credit card.

I don't know for PayPal, but Skrill and Paysafecard both contain information about the owners country. I know ways in which you might be able to bypass this, but it would be better to not give people wierd ideas.

paypal safest way and it automatically converts currencies and sends to the person your buying from. but paypal isnt avalaible in some countires.

Posted

Why even explain?? People from the blocked area's will never understand the reason anyways :) Go ahead and make another thread with the same exact topic! It's all the forum is lately! Clone threads ..

Because the reasoning is stupid.

Posted

People should stop being so rude, maybe for some people it's the first time they are having IP block so they  don't understand why they are blocked + many are feeling down cuz of the IP block so.. just let them be, if you see thread with "IP block" and u don't like it just ignore or wait till they close the thread  (dunno if they will but yeah).

1 person likes this

Posted

Because the reasoning is stupid.

And so are you if you can't understand that it is not up to Daum. Go and spam Pearl Abyss

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0